• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#81 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Wait wut O_o people got different tastes and opinions about idol music now? 

Yuppi is a nice girl :D Funny that noone really seemed to be prepared in the pictures.

#82 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

Shame the resolution is so low on the full photos, but there are a lot of nice ones anyway, including whatever this is:lol:

Looks like some Haru and Kanakichi fan service to me. I knew they were close, but not that close! :D

signature3.png

#83 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

If you want some more NMB fanservice of the same kind, then check out the following pics, from some of the girls and their dinner gathering, ending up with playing some Ousama Game: 

Shuu and Uuka: https://lh6.googleus...8k/w0/photo.jpg

Keicchi and Airi: https://lh4.googleus...m4/s0/photo.jpg

:D

#84 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

Yuppi is a nice girl :D Funny that noone really seemed to be prepared in the pictures.

This is why I think NMB fans are so lucky to have Yuppi even though not enough fans really appreciate her the way she deserves to be appreciated. She's a very unique girl. A friend of mine who loves Momoclo will point out how Reni is the most special member because of the way she soaks everything in and sees things from a completely different angle than any of the other members. I can't help but see Yuppi the same way.

Though maybe not performance wise the way he explains Reni (I'll have to watch some live NMB stuff focusing exclusively on Yuppi), these kinds of candid and very aware photos of other members, as well as cats, scenery or whatever else she posts, gives us a glimpse inside of NMB48 in a way no other member even comes close to.

Most girls will pose and set up their best angles or catch themselves or others in absurd moments, but Yuppi sees the beauty in the girls in a way I don't think many of them see themselves and catches them in ways you don't see very often. Even the posts they're posing in are often very unique from others. That's why these posts have been really great and are must see and are tragic for their resolution.

She should be commissioned to produce a behind the scenes photobook. :D Or photobooks. I'd be down for about one a month. A monthly subscription!

#85 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:17 AM

Sayanee preview! I wonder if there will be a full video clip or if this is it.

Kanako...  :cold:

#86 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

I was waiting for a solo... :D

Of course I like this, it is a Sayanee celebration for goodness sake.  Doubt this will be performed in any larger scale though as it will be difficult to find the right occasions.

Perfect song for that kind of backstage footage but I think that this is it, only a short clip and not a full length piece. 

A too powerful combination... idols and tears. omg.

And then you wonder if there ever going to be a good timing for this kind of songs.

さや姉 山本彩 and his buddies are so upset right now :lol: Got to give them credit for their presistence and for never giving up after all these years though :D

#87 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

Two of the single versions sold out at HMV now. CDJapan with some copies left of all versions. Amazon still with all. 

You might want to order now before it gets too late I suppose :)

#88 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

lol .. i did a check at HMV .. all version seem to be available again ..

but in any case .. i already order all version last week ..lol :P

3, 4 more days to release OMG..

but HMV usually like to send them off during the weekend .. so I think I got about a 2 week wait .. :(

#89 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

In some ways of higher importance than the single itself. :P

#90 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

^

Can't live without them :D Maachun kind of made a tripple homerun this time :lol:

----------------------

As always, singles are being leaked a few days ahead of the actual day of release... I've been having this single on constant repeat for some time now and it is difficult to judge where to put it among the others. So, I want things to move forward so I won't go too far back in their discography.

The thing that I can't let go of is: Is it weaker than usual or is it only less visual than many of the previous releases? Kitagawa Kenji, add Shiro/Aka-gumi, is a visual masterpiece with perfect costumes and choregraphy for the songs. HA! got a powerful and spectacualar dance shot with awesome costumes, 12/31 got a huge impact on me despite the lack of movement. The difference with the songs of Bokura no Eureka is that I can listen to and enjoy the music without having a PV/performance playing in my head by default. I've stated before that the visuals are a very important part of idol music but this is a quite liberating feeling :D Maybe things will change during the promotion or with some concert in the future but this is what I think at the moment.

#91 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

They focused their attention on actually making Bokura no Eureka a good musical piece that'll stick to people's minds, and it has certainly done its job in my opinion. The sad thing is that the Teppoutai and Aka/Shirogumi songs suffered in comparison (they're good songs objectively speaking, but they're vastly inferior to the B-sides of previous NMB singles).

I guess having too much quality stuff will burn through Akimoto Yasushi's creative mindset even more, so he's sort of toning it down. But still, it would be nice to have more singles where you actually can't skip the A and B-sides because they're just too nice to listen to.

#92 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:52 AM

I think the dance for "Bokura no Eureka" is very good. And I do think as a song it's one of their strongest just as a song that does just kind of work and stick with you. It'd be a dance/song I'd love to show more people if they weren't going to just be all "GROSS. GIRLS IN BIKINIS. THAT'S IMMORAL."

I don't know if it's the stronger a-side that makes it seem like the b-sides suffer, but they do feel like they're a bit of a step off from where they've been recently. I'm far from upset with them though. I actually really like "Okuba." As well, "Todokana Soude Todoku Mono" has some really cute little moments in it. I'll wait for the DVDs before watching the videos, but the shiro/aka songs don't seem to have the same visual appeal as the ones on Kitagawa Kenji, that is just basing it on the short versions, heh.

It's solid though, and it's held up to listening to it all day. Not their best, but I'm happy as long as it's not something that makes me think it's their worst. Can't wait to get the single. It should be shipping out here soon and hopefully I'll have it Tuesday morning. Ordered it with the West Tour photobook, so that's going to be a fun package to get.

#93 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

Maybe we got spoiled with the quality and uniqueness of the songs from the group (seriously everything except Oh My God! and Nagiichi were completely different from the standard idol-type of single) that a 'regular idol' sort of song just doesn't work as much anymore as it would to groups like SKE, HKT and AKB. I mean, NMB's meant to be all flashy, powerful and unique, which shows the spirit of the Kansai region, and makes them stand out from all the other groups, so having them do a 180 and be pure idol-like brings a different feeling (which isn't bad, but should only be done in very few intervals).

As for the dance of Bokura no Eureka itself, it's pretty simple compared to most of their other songs, though not as simple as Kitagawa Kenji. It would've been less... offensive? to women if it wasn't Yamamoto, Watanabe and Yamada up front maybe (Yamamoto and Yamada have very appealing body-types from a male point of view, and would make a lot of women angry from just simple jealousy, while Watanabe's just too cute that some girls would just lose confidence in themselves just from watching her), but we wouldn't want that now, would we?

If I recall the tour photobook comes with several photos as well, so I'm looking forward to my copies as well. Though I'll probably end up with Kinoshita Momoka, team BII girls or team M girls that I'm not really into, as usual.

#94 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

Bwaha. Ripopo hetare battle was great. I was a little apprehensive since I wasn't sure I wanted to watch 90 minute challenge involving Ripopo, but they did a really good job making it interesting while including other members and giving you good shots of (mostly BII♥) members. I especially enjoyed the "international" cheering section.  :lol:

Really liked the Aka/Shiro videos. I enjoyed the way they were kind of tied together. I was watching the "Okuba" video and kept thinking "WTF is Milky doing in this video?" It's nice to know I would've thought the opposite if I had watched "Soft Cream" first haha. :D

My cards were Fuuchan (which was expected), Shimarena, and Mirurun. Since this is kind of the photobook mini-thread, I would also recommend it. While not necessarily a companion, it's good anyway, heh. I got Ripopo, Natsumin, Airi, Shimarena, and Keicchi for those photos.

#95 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

^

Nice

--------------

Yep, the dance for Bokura no Eureka fits the song very nicely, a song that is very sweet to your ears. The slow tempo, or maybe calmness, isn't going to make it the song that everyone is waitng for during a concert though, I do want them to prove me wrong. 

Removing SayaMilkyNana to make it less offensive? Please don't :D I don't think a preson that already made up her/his mind could be convinced by being showed the surface... the end product like a PV or a photobook. The magic is found elsewhere anyways and the music/PV is just a bonus.

Speaking of bonus, you need it  :D

Spoiler

#96 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

OMG ..!!!
1st day sales ..no.1 with 420,906
Exile got no.2 with just 69,949 but i suspect a big lot of sales will come in on day 2?
the wota in order to prevent another Nagiichi did a overkill on Exile?
but comparison aside ..

that's like more than 100K more than what they got for the whole week of their last 2 single ..
On day 1, its already their 2nd best selling single and already their best selling 1st week OMG !!!

#97 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

And this after an election as well :)

Pretty solid. 

#98 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

Great first day! Teppen Tottande! :itadakimasu:

It'd be nice now if they could start showing some consistency through the rest of the week, push towards 500k instead of stalling out around 450k.

#99 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

Tbt.... I am happy that NMB is proving again its popularity.

the true tbt: the Bsides are really bad from my POV.

iheartsaechanwithtext_zpsa8d1a9eb.jpg

cr: byutaereina and renaismile thank you, both of u.

Graphics thread. Tumblr. Twitter Fanfiction Goodreads

#100 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

420906 sales for the first day.

This is definitely going to reach 500k by the end of its first week. Hopefully it'll stay in the charts for a few weeks too, because it's a pretty good song.

I hope they get featured a lot on music shows soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users