• Please log in to reply
640 replies to this topic

#561 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:32 AM

^ they don't appeal to many western idol fans - I'm going to say because there are guys in the group.

#562 RedPyramidHead

RedPyramidHead

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:56 AM

That has nothing to do with why I don't care for their music. I have no problem with mixed gender vocals in groups. In fact, 0.8Syooogeki, Tokyo Karankoron, winnie are some of my favorite Japanese bands.

If we're talking about mixed gender groups in general then there's even more that I like: Mass Of The Fermenting Dregs (started as all female trio, but changed over time), Cö shu Nie, Kinoko Teikoku, Heavenstamp, TAMTAM, The Teenage Kissers, 101A, 385, Matryoshka and many more... favorite Japanese all-male bands would be: 88Kasyo Junrei, BUCK-TICK, Muddy Apes, MO'SOME TONEBENDER,and Coaltar Of The Deepers.

#563 wattstax

wattstax

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:28 AM

But Mizuho clearly stated she doesn't want to be an idol anymore before she turns 20. So I hope this will just be a short stunt, as I otherwise find this whole graduation from Bellha completely misleading and unforgiveable.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: BELLRING Girls Heart affiliates, PASSPO, Party Rockets GT

#564 RedPyramidHead

RedPyramidHead

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:39 AM

But they aren't idol, are they?

edit:
A quick search of Google seems to prove that they are. Well I seriously don't know what the hell the term Idol means anymore. :blink:

#565 tpx

tpx

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:18 AM

At the very least we can say that they certainly do not fall into the same category as the groups most people would point to when you say "idol". I don't think it particularly matters anyway, at the end of the day it's a very different gig to what she's been doing up until now.

Unless I'm missing something really big I'm not seeing the problem. Two other members are going off to do different projects anyway. Consider that perhaps she left specifically because the opportunity to join Natsu no Mamono presented itself. She appeared on TV with them not long ago. Nothing wrong here, for me at least. Would be a shame for people to overreact. Anyway I don't know if there is anything to forgive? Made a choice which obviously seemed a good one to her. Good luck to her, I know I'll be following. Hope I get to see them on my next visit.

#566 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:00 PM

^ you should, they are really good.

That has nothing to do with why I don't care for their music. I have no problem with mixed gender vocals in groups.

I wasn't talking about you though.

#567 wattstax

wattstax

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:02 PM

Sorry, for me it is a big issue, when stating before to graduate completely but then reappearing suddenly, contradicting EVERYTHING that was told to us. But as I like Mizuho and consider her age, she probably was certain on leaving the business back then, but now got intrigued by a different type of it that maybe also promises to give her more financial security then her job in Bellha. To be fair it was nearly impossible for the group to grow further. The whole graduation thing of the whole group was chaotic and handled in a bad way anyway.
Can't say I will support her in the future as I dislike this gimmick group but I definitely not hate her. She is a great idol and person and I am glad she remains a bit longer. My interest lies now with Ayano's solo project. I will also look out for Kanra's new group, as well as the re-invented Bellha. Highly unlikely it will continue to charm me as before though.

#568 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:14 AM

Sorry, for me it is a big issue, when stating before to graduate completely but then reappearing suddenly, contradicting EVERYTHING that was told to us. But as I like Mizuho and consider her age, she probably was certain on leaving the business back then, but now got intrigued by a different type of it that maybe also promises to give her more financial security then her job in Bellha.

Actually, I think tpx was probably closer to the mark when he said that the opportunity to join the group presented itself (she may have been told one of them was leaving and they were looking for a replacement) and decided this was the perfect time to leave BRGH. I actually don't know anything about The Natsu no Mamono - they're not really my cup of tea, though I wouldn't mind checking them out one time in a live house - but I'm wondering how it would give her more financial security. Are they signed to a major? Are they really super popular, which you kind of have to be to make a living from music in Japan? Maybe it's something she can do part time while doing other things as well, as BRGH was obviously very time consuming with such a full on schedule.

#569 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:36 AM

After reading the interview on THE Natsu no Mamono's official site, it seems as if Mizuho just wanted a change. She had been with Bellheart since the beginning and probably got tired of the same songs and routine after all the years. There is a statement made that she sees Natsu as a fun group, a fun time (she tells about how much fun it was playing air hockey with them), and how she loves doing the official Natsu no Mamono music festival with them. With Bellheart everyone was dressed in the same all black costume and it was hard to differentiate from the others but with Natsu she can stand out more as herself which is also why she changed her surname for the group, to be a brand new person. She also says her favorite song is "Nippon Manju" by LADYBABY, which was also produced by Natsu frontman Narita Daichi, so she probably wants to do that style of music now which is unlike the style of Bellheart's music. Apparently her and Narita talked for a very long time and when he asked her what she was going to do after her graduation originally she responded she wants to become a regular citizen but Narita felt that it would be a waste of her talents.

#570 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

Bellheart x PassCode「ベルコード」("BELL / CODE")『Shallow Grave』
Live at TSUTAYA O-nest performing "the Edge of Goodbye" on 2016.12.31. I love how they have Yachii be the one to get the crowd hype.

#571 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:06 PM

New group revealed!!!

There There Theres

https://twitter.com/...501955509428228

http://www.ttts.jp/

C3vgpAhVUAEleAP.jpg

#572 tpx

tpx

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

http://www.ttts.jp/

https://twitter.com/exBRGH

C3vgpAhVUAEleAP.jpg

#573 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:00 PM

Seems like the changed the twitter name it's now https://twitter.com/TTTS_AQBI

#574 atmospherium

atmospherium

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:31 PM

I was hoping they would just go with something that continued the BRGH tradition, like simply "BellHeart." Is there an explanation behind There There Theres?

#575 asiamiles

asiamiles

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:15 AM

I'm surprised to see them continuing with the same 'look' - I thought that would be the first thing to change - as it really doesn't allow the group to have their own identity from the start. I wonder if they will perform all new songs or stuff from the BRGH back catalogue?

#576 tpx

tpx

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:27 AM

I was hoping they would just go with something that continued the BRGH tradition, like simply "BellHeart." Is there an explanation behind There There Theres?

I can't explain the significance of the name, but only a few days ago Reina was tweeting about listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Perhaps she was listening to them because she noticed the similarity herself. Or perhaps it's just a really unoriginal name for a group. Either way I'm not the biggest fan.

I'm surprised to see them continuing with the same 'look' - I thought that would be the first thing to change - as it really doesn't allow the group to have their own identity from the start. I wonder if they will perform all new songs or stuff from the BRGH back catalogue?

Supposed to be debuting new material at the one-man, I don't know if it's plural or singular from the Japanese but found this in English which perhaps suggests they will also be performing old songs?

I'm actually pretty happy for black feathers returning. Something new could have been great... or terrible. Hardly the most exciting relaunch imaginable but at the very least it didn't destroy my desire to continue following the group, so for the moment I'm happy.

#577 VizMajor

VizMajor

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 540 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:39 AM

I love it. I can’t wait. I’ll actually be there in attendance for the first live. It’s a morning live too, which is odd, but fortunately works out so I can catch PassCode with a band later in the evening. But yeah the one girl at bottom left looks very familiar to me but I can’t think from where though. I actually thought she was Rina Someno (from Haraeki Stage A) at first but it seems she is still with them so I don’t know. May just be a brand new girl fresh to Idol entirely. And I’m glad the black feathers are still there. The aesthetic is just too iconic.

Also, there's word out that the girl at the top left corner is Hirasawa Mei from Fre-Fre Chime Festival.

#578 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:25 PM

I like the name, just because it's so random.  XD

And I'm happy to see the black feathers, because it's a good look.  I hope that whatever they do, it's completely overboard!

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#579 wattstax

wattstax

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:30 PM

I gave up on caring about group namings AT ALL. Reina probably listened to Yeah Yeah Yeahs because they were the "inspiration" for the name (in japanese pronounciation they sound even more similar).
The fans all assume that they will continue the bellha music. With the feathers it should be clear they do so. I wonder if they keep it up or change it, when enough new songs are penned, like with Ayano's solo.
Not sure if I would have prefered a different look, but I am currently happy to know that I will be able to see them again in same style. Got so used to it. Because of the several member changes I will have to adjust to the group anew anyway.

#580 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:08 PM

I'm surprised no ones commented on how hard There There Theres is for the majority of Japanese to say. It's going to sound really weird.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users