Ella Bee

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1255 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

http://gawker.com/59...nload-illegally

http://aiffe.tumblr....infopost-on-cas

http://gizmodo.com/5...ht-alert-system

I'm assuming we're safe because just about all of these are American companies and I'm fairly certain H!O is a private tracker that they would not be checking. Can anyone else confirm this though?

Morning Musume - Kaede || C-ute - Airi || ANGERME - Kamiko || Juice=Juice - Sayubee || Country Girls - Musubu || Kobushi Factory - Rio || Tsubaki Factory - Kiki

#2 Batsy

Batsy

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

It is a private tracker, but anyone can sign up for the site and use it, so whether anyone will look is questionable - I mean, the big American players like the MPAA and RIAA prooobably don't care about us swapping JPop stuff. If UFA or the AKB folks get in on it, it's possible they could start looking into it. I'm not SUPER worried, but you never know.

I got a warning like that from my ISP once a few years ago after downloading an episode of Shugo Chara from a public tracker - I think this was right around when Crunchyroll (or whoever, I don't remember) had licensed it.

It's up to the site admins re: whether they want to crank up the security on the tracker, I guess.

gundansiggy_zps6a8edda0.png

モーニング娘。大好き
deviantart | lampflower.net

#3 WhiteForte

WhiteForte

Eternal Berryz工房

• Senpai
  • 4112 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

It should be, since IIRC, the copyright holders are monitoring. I don't think UFP wants to invest all that money in that, or that those guys care about us downloading Jpop stuff. Anyway, I'm free from my side :D

Tokunaga Chinami
Kanazawa Tomoko
Asakura Kiki
Ogata Risa
Matsunaga Riai

#4 danying123

danying123

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

It's up to the site admins re: whether they want to crank up the security on the tracker, I guess.

#5 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

^^

Oh i'm sure they care they just don't have the resources to go chasing every westerner who steals Japanese music. There have been requests from some groups management to remove things from the tracker. Thinking they don't care is just denying responsibility for your own actions. It's like saying "oh i didn't think you'd mind" after stealing a CD from a store. You steal at your own risk and if you get caught and prosecuted it's your own fault.

Expecting this site or anywhere else to protect you from that is just laughable.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#6 WhiteForte

WhiteForte

Eternal Berryz工房

• Senpai
  • 4112 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

I'm not saying that I use the tracker because they don't care, but that it should be safe to use. Actually, this system was implemented in France, and it didn't got any results. Maybe in the US something may happen, since they guys with the big cash are there.

Expecting this site or anywhere else to protect you from that is just laughable.

...what do you mean by this?

Tokunaga Chinami
Kanazawa Tomoko
Asakura Kiki
Ogata Risa
Matsunaga Riai

#7 Nickb051

Nickb051

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

who are the site admins here who look after the tracker ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users