• Please log in to reply
2012 replies to this topic

#1261 qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:14 AM

Regardless of the sales, I think the single was a success because it added a fun song to their normal rotation--which is kind of lacking in cute pop songs that aren't extremely cheesy ("We're GEM" :whistle:) and the video is the type that can potentially get them new fans. For GEM to really achieve good sales, avex would have to significantly increase idol street's budget and the past three years shows that they have no intention of doing that. I just hope their next single builds on the mini-momentum they generated with this single. And it's Sara center ^_^

Also received my copy

img_6934x.jpg

#1262 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:26 PM

^Next single I'm hoping they have some more equal line distribution. They do give members lines in the b-side which is why I usually don't mind, but I feel like it's better when all the members are able to sing in the a-side. 

Sales weren't that good, but I do agree that Sugar Baby has probably attracted some more fans to them. At the very least, it's done a better job than Spotlight did...

So, anyone want to guess when they'll have a new single? I'm guessing it won't be until Summer (as in June/July). 

Also, Sugar Baby needs 30k more views before we get that practice video! 

I'm also still waiting on that Yume no Tsubomi MV....

Do you guys think there'll be any chance that one of GEM one man lives will be streamed any time? They haven't done it since BEST 10CT FOREVER, and that is quite saddening...

on my part since I can't go to their concerts...

Anyways, Kakochin and Chisami were in this idol game show (? idk if that's what it's considered), but you can watch it here on LINE LIVE

https://live.line.me...oadcast/1217994

It's kinda boring in the beginning if you ask me...

Also, seems my prediction was wrong..Asami is a formidable opponent

C5QbSDOUkAARhPW.jpg

I'm gonna cry if Kakochin doesn't win...She deserves to be a model ;-; 

#1263 WatanabeXYamada27

WatanabeXYamada27

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:48 AM

GEM sold less than Houkago Princess  :o  This is really bad since GEM is failing while Houkago Princess is rising in popularity!

http://www.oricon.co...s/w/2017-02-27/

CURRENTLY COLOR-CODING JAPANESE IDOL SONGS

Whenever I see a live in YouTube or other streaming sites, I watch carefully then color code.

#1264 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:02 PM

Honestly, I'd rather think of it as Oricon sales just not being accurate anymore...Personally, I don't think Sugar Baby would've done as bad had they counted the CDs like normal. I'm sure a lot more people buy the individual CD ver. over the CD Single/CD+DVD ver because it's cheaper and easier to show support for your oshiGEM. 

For now, I'm just going to look at it as an improvement since from Spotlight. That was a sad point in CD sales that I wouldn't want to go back to...

#1265 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:12 PM

well .. GEM did beat Houkago Princess and Batten Show Jo Tai on the billboard chart
They got 6th with 17,439 sales on Billboard
http://www.billboard.../detail?a=sales

Before you start celebrating ..
Do note that generally ..
Billboard count significantly less stores than Oricon
Billboard counts around 3,900 store while Oricon counts 23,800 stores
and Billboard do count digital sales which Oricon does not ..

But for my very flawed but "hey I tried" view ..
Let me do a long explanation ..
Most of GEM sales come from mu-mo event and mini live event
mu-mo events are those for example buy 10 copies for a individual 2-shot and 11 copies for a group shot ..
Mini live event are where they have handshakes when you preorder their CDs.. this events are ran by major retail record store like HMV, Tower records ..etc

Genrally speaking ..
Billboard count mu-mo which is the event sales while Oricon counts mu-mo too but now they count as 1 per purchase ..
But Billboard counts digital sales but not Oricon

Oricon should count their mini live event sales as it is tag to major store assuming that they are not counted as event and come under the normal retail rule ..
Oricon in past did came up with a rule to count events at cap maximum of 3,000 copies and they got around it by using major stores as it does not count as event sales..
There was a new rule for Oricon last year that for retail sales it is limited to what is "reasonable to society" and we can see them restricting purchase to 40 copies per purchase for those mini live handshake event ..

So with all this assumption ..
To get sales figure close to what was in the past Oricon numbers ..

Billboard - digital sales + Oricon - number of mu-mo purchase
17,439 - <digital sales> + 10487 - <number of mu-mo purchase>

So anyone want to fill in the blanks? :P

For me .. I do not see them getting anywhere more than 3000 digital sales and I do not see the number of purchase going pass 500 ..
So basically .. I estimate that their sales should be around 23K at worst XD

#1266 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

^They also ended up ranking on the Billboard Japan Hot 100

25th

http://www.billboard...detail?a=hot100

They also rank higher than Houkago Princess and Batten Show Jo Tai on this one. 

I think it's a good sign at least. I don't even remember Spotlight making it onto the Hot 100 last time .-. 

Also, for the guess, I think it's safe to say that they at least had over 20,000 in sales...

And thanks for giving the explanations on everything :) I definitely don't know how different billboard and oricon are..

#1267 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:31 AM

Got my single <3
All 13 version :D
C5fZ4BmVUAEshIu.jpg

OMG .. !!!

They are selling these at the Hokkaido and Fukuoka concert ..
Since Yukirin is from Hokkaido and Chanman is from Fukuoka ..
http://girls-enterta....php?id=1046568
Oh .. how I wish they would put it up on sales online at mu-mo :(
d4a1592163ce312ba9821bd9daceab895312a10c
667a0b86dc43ebe88e8e9e5043dfef4e8df42276
f7f9724b36a224756b802b36db3207829ec78ce2
f77e71ad201a0df50370a821f085e547e86cf53b
0c38b9cd1154ac5e707b192447f7962dca9cf8de
66fbc64241bc1d4aed3115d8977e6954228e57a7

#1268 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:53 AM

^That yellow is blinding...but I guess they just want to show how Chanman really is a happy ball of sunshine like her color. 

So today Ranachin uploaded a new Youtube video! It's of her mini-vacation in Korea XD Apparently the videos she took while there had some issues and somehow there was no audio, so she and Mahochi did a voice over of the video. 

AND GUESS WHATTTT. 

It seems that GEM was featured on this show called Idol Real. It was streamed on FOD and interestingly enough, this one didn't require membership to watch. It had ads and stuff so I decided to download it instead. 
I was annoyed with the site since I couldn't use the usual way I download videos and had to go through the source and search for the darn stream link...Well anyways, in the end I managed to download it in HD so I guess it was worth it. I've uploaded it on my dailymotion, but I'm not sure how long it'll stay there 

http://www.dailymoti...m/video/x5d5rt0

Here's the original FOD link:

http://fod.fujitv.co...378/2378810007/

It'll make you fill out some stuff before you can view it. 

Just click the continue button and it takes you to another thing where it asks you to fill out your birth year and month, gender, and something else I don't know. For the last one I just filled out the example that they put and it worked  :P

*note: you should especially like this sunandthemoon since it includes your oshiGEM, Mahochi XD It kinda explains some of the problems she's been going through and probably what she's been feeling depressed about back in the beginning of the year...

Edit: I ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION. It also includes some scenes from their Nagoya tour. And at the end, it includes a small snipet of their new SE. I wonder if we'll ever see them perform it live...I had thought they would stop doing the SEs since it's been quite a while since they last did it...

#1269 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

So with the official results out now...I regret to say that Kakochin did not win the dmm.yell event  :sob:

Like with Hirari's event, Kakochin was leading an hour before the event ended, and lost to a last spurt of yells that came from the chikipa fans...

But compared to last time, which was just an interview, this event allowed for the winner to be on a page of the popular magazine JELLY. One of Kakochin's dream was to be a model, and this would've been a great chance for her to start on that dream. All of the GEMILY really wanted to see her win and tried really hard to make her dream come true. 

In the end...it just wasn't enough. 

Yuukirin, Mahochi, and Ranachin all had live streams not that long ago and thanked the GEMILY for their hard work and expressed their thoughts on the event. Both Yuukirin and Mahochi didn't like the idea that two groups from iSt (GEM and Chikipa) were pit together and put in a contest. It's hard to go up against your own "family" as one of them put it. 

It isn't only the GEMbers that thought this though, some of the GEMILY that I follow on twitter also talked about this and feel the same way...

Of course, many of them felt really frustrated, I'm sure more so now because now this makes it look like GEM/GEMILY lost twice. 

I didn't record Mahochi's InstaLIVE this time because I also participated in commenting and stuff (and if I recorded it wouldn't look pretty), but another thing Mahochi mentioned was that it seemed like there was this notion that fan=money and that there was apparently some Maaya fans who were not willing to yell for Kakochin. It really sucks hearing about some stubborn fans who only push their own oshis and not any other group members...If they think about about it...it would only make their oshi sad since they're not helping someone who is important to them...

And so..here's Kakochin's message to the GEMILY

https://twitter.com/...887849660567553

Since it's in picture form, I can't even use google translate ;-; 

If you look at all the other GEMbers' twitters, you'll see that most of them have written something regarding the event. 

Here is Yuukirin's periscope about the event

https://www.periscop...w/1gqxvqAlyLRJB

And Ranachin's twitcast

http://www.dailymoti...m/video/x5dac50

I'll upload Sanrio Puroland pictures another time....

If GEM is ever in another event like this, I really hope they win...and hopefully it's not a contest between another iSt member again....

#1270 conanidol

conanidol

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:54 PM

Ohh, poor Kakochin, I really wanted her to win :'/

At least the winner is another iDOL Street member...

TOP IDOLS

MM'17: Maachan, Yokoyan, Miki, Akanechin ANGERME: Kanana, Murotan, Ayacho, Maho Juice=Juice: Ruru, Tomoko, Aari Kobushi: Tagu, Minami Tsubaki: Kiki, Saori

Graduated: Captain, Momochi, Chinami, Miya, Yurina, Risako, Maasa, Nacky, Airi, Koharu, Riho, Gaki

#1271 qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 281 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:16 AM

^^^^ Good job Ares

^^ I think it's annoying when different idol street groups have concerts at different venues on the same day, or when they attend a festival and have overlapping timeslots. Buuut, I actually don't mind groups from the same agency competing in a contest like this, because the alternative would be allowing only one group to participate, which would be even less fair. Speaking of yell, I deleted the app a year ago and I must have gotten dumber since then because I couldn't figure out how to re-register with my original username.

And thanks for the updates on their sales. I'm pretty sure Houkago Princess has been selling 10-12k since they debuted with Universal years ago, so good for them for being consistent. Event singles are significantly more important to idol street groups though since 2-shots and individual handshake events are so rare. I would be curious how Sugar Baby compares with Spotlight on billboard, since the tracking would have been under the same conditions. And *if* oricon really is under-tracking their sales, the groups should consider not referencing their daily and weekly sales in their blogs and tweets, and instead refer to their billboard sales. Every idol group negatively affected should do this.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree. Great point.

^^^^^^^^^ Hmm, if it is a summer single... their manager is probably thinking something like this: "Perhaps it is time for color-coded gem bikinis? *looks at his watch* Yes, it is time." And then he goes shopping.

#1272 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:30 AM

To me.. 
I think the problem with having members in the same family going against each other in a public vote contest would be the votes will be dilluted.. Especially when there is only 1 prize.. 
For this case.. Lucky that an idol street member won.. 
Could you imagine if the competition was slightly better and someone from another group won because idol street votes were splitted.. 
Then idol street would have been the big loser.. 

I think fans seem follow the personally of their groups.. 
Guess GEM is just nice nice love love friends friends.. Lol
Gemily just don't have the cunning and fight to battle.. 
By now hopely Gemily will learn to strategize.. 
We are not suppose to bomb the votes first.. 
We are suppose to let the member look harmless.. Get votes for them from other fans especially neutral fans . Maybe with sympathy, favors etc.. 
Then like an hour before the end,  blast the votes.. Lol
Hey if you been a 48G fan.. You will learn to be a snake.. Lol

#1273 qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:44 AM

I agree that there is strategy involved in how and when to vote. I don't think there is a lot of overlap between the different fandoms in idol street though. For the few overseas fans, yeah we tend to like all of the groups, but I'm 99% sure that is not the case in Japan. Simply going to the concerts you can see that SUPER GiRLS concerts and their fans are completely different from Cheeky Parade and GEM. At festivals like TIF, the fans of the different groups tend to only attend the lives of the particular group they are pushing. This becomes more obvious when you see the numbers of girl fans at SG lives compared to Cheeky Parade and GEM. While the members of GEM and Chikipa are much more friendly towards each other, which also extends to the fanbases, they are still very different.  And what happens when there are five or six, or ten groups in an agency? That would mean that each time there is some sort of contest, that only one of those ten groups can be involved, and in that case, there will constantly be complaints of preferential treatment. Most importantly, that system would be unfair to the members, because it greatly limits their individual opportunities. The groups don't tour together and outside of a few concerts during the summer and winter, all of the groups do their own thing, so I think for the most part being a part of idol street is irrelevant. For those reasons I think they should be treated as independent groups and be allowed to compete against each other. If the Cheeky Parade member wasn't involved, I doubt those votes would have automatically gone to Kako. The Cheeky Parade fans simply wouldn't have voted--with the exception of the few who are a fan of both groups. But even for those fans, they would have to be a fan of both groups and also a fan of Kako. Which again reduces the number. I think voting would only be split if multiple members from the same group are involved. Win or lose, I would rather the members have an opportunity to win, than to simply not participate because they happen to be from the same agency. (just my opinion :))

#1274 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:37 PM

^Thanks for the input. I kinda thought there would be more overlaps in iSt for the different fandoms. But I guess my view is just biased since I follow 3/4 of them  :c18:

I don't really like the fact of putting two iSt members from different groups in the same competition just because I feel like it would cause tensions and just make one group feel bad if one wins and one loses. 

I saw one of the GEMILY post this on twitter

https://twitter.com/...362589726597120

Is Kakochin still doing choreography for 7*3?? I thought it was a one time thing but maybe not...

Also, GEM was featured on this AbemaTV live stream called TheNIGHT. I wasn't able to get the entire thing because I had class this morning...I feel like they always have their late night streams on days where I have an early class -_-

The video will be available on here once I publish it (still uploading right now)

Nevermind...I'll upload it again some other time...I'll have to edit out the part where they show Sugar Baby :/ 

https://youtu.be/DLDFPefTcf0

They were also featured on another AbemaTV live that occured at 3 in the morning so I didn't get that. Hoping someone uploads it to the tracker or on youtube...

Edit:

Also here are some nice pictures from Sanrio Puroland :)

C5vqGuXVAAA1x9F.jpgC5wpmFSU4AMlYcW.jpgC5vphbIUsAAuOAo.jpgC5tn4JtUsAI02LM.jpgC5r0KmeU4AAwtqr.jpgC5mL-etUsAA6cdc.jpgC5tgPOgU4AAnJk-.jpgC5mC3lvVUAE90rt.jpg

#1275 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

GEM's Sugar Baby single is available on Spotify! :o :o :o

https://play.spotify...BrrFusp8zq6Eg5X

#1276 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:15 PM

Thanks qwiksXnd !!! <3
OMG .. you spend US$13.25 just to send it to me ..
I really appreciate it .. I will definitely return the favor one day .. thanks again :)
C57J58WU4AIMc-e.jpg
C57J5d1UwAEMD6A.jpg

#1277 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:14 AM

^qwiksXnd is the best, isn't he?  XD  XD

Yesterday the GEMbers had their Hokkaido tour and while I'm not exactly sure on the details, it seems like something had happened to Ranachin during (?) the tour...relating to her health....

If the translation is correct, it seems like she couldn't move her body for some reason  :(

This was her first tweet this morning where she said sorry

https://twitter.com/...833473125560320

And then in these two tweets, she explains about how she went to the hospital and said that she doesn't want to make fans sad..everything should be okay though, I think she just needs lots of rest. 

https://twitter.com/...834574151331840

https://twitter.com/...873720249073664

It seems she was able to finish the entire performance, but she wasn't able to make it to the tokuten kai.

Definition from Tokyo Girls Update

Tokuten-kai (特典会) Literally “special favors meeting”. It is a special fan meeting event held before or after the performance where you can interact with the performer(s). Usually it consists of being able to shake hands and talk to the idols, get a cheki or two-shot with them or an autograph depending on how creative management is. Expect there to be a long line.

Really hope she's okay...the GEMbers may be able to somehow cover for when Chisami is gone..but I don't think it would be good for RANACHIN to go missing...although she's not officially center, she pretty is one of the most important members with a large amount of lines...

And not to mention, it would really suck if not all 10 members were there for the last tour day...

#1278 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

Come on GEMILY ...
We are almost at 200K views
It has been slow .. but it seem to pick up again this couple of days :D ..
Go Go Go .. !!!

#1279 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:53 AM

^I think we'll probably get it on Friday at this rate. 

Anyways, on their Fukuoka tour, GEM announced that they would have one last tour @ Aichi!!

http://girls-enterta....php?id=1052181

They're performing at this place called DIAMOND HALL. 

For the first part, Team Syachihoko will be a guest, and for the second part, it'll be 7*3 :o :o 

Well, either the tour went better than they expected, or they had planned this all along. Either way, good for the girls! And hopefully Ranachin gets back up to speed and recovers from her fever >_< 

#1280 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:16 PM

Less than 5K to 200K views for the Sugar Baby MV !!! :D

oh .. anyway ..looks like this is on the way ..

【2】 Sugar Baby Championship!The winning Team will be on a GEM live?!

Sugar Baby baby dances selection!
The team with the most views will appear on a GEM live!

We're waiting for many videos!

【How will this go】
① Application time is until February 28
② The videos will be uploaded to the special Sugar Baby Championship account.
③ The amount of views will be until the end of March。
④ The winner will be announced on April!
⑤ Appearing with GEM!!

【Application Main Points】
・You can participate by yourself or with more people。
・The dance should be at least until 1:11 minutes of the video - More is fine too.
・Please send the video to [email protected]

here is the channel :D
remember .. the one with the most views win .. and get to appear with GEM
https://www.youtube....&view=0&sort=dd

oh .. we know that Chanman homecoming tour at Fukuoka went great .. :)
with flowers ..
C6KUoV_UsAAclbS.jpg
and banner ..
C6KMs7yUsAIamd1.jpg

perhaps the nicest thing I like about it is ..
Nanami and Saayan turn up ..
They together with Chanman and SUPER GiRLS Uchi was the original 1st gen w-Street Fukuoka ..
It would be even better if Uchi was there though .. :D
But its just great :)
C6KlY-bUsAED0Tr.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users