• Please log in to reply
2012 replies to this topic

#1201 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:40 AM

^ oh .. ok .. I guess we have to wait then ..
But I can wait .. maybe it would be a nicer surprise when I get the single XD

C1c0lodUsAAKcR8.jpg
C1cPD3eVEAA-jMH.jpg

yup I love it that they wore their old streetsei uniforms ..
It's been some time I last seen Chanman wore her w-street Fukuoka green ..
I am going to buy the bluray/DVD if they release it anyway .. I hope they would release these with them in their old streetsei outfit ..

As excited as I am of them releasing their custom birthday T-shirt ..
I just hope they don't do it .. looking at H!P ..
I would agree Mahochi's one is nice .. she got a nice drawing talent which I just know now XD
But not everyone have drawing talent ..some will just look plain ugly or even lazy ..
Looking at H!P .. they have stop doing birthday t-shirt and in turn release DVD instead ..
to me it is obvious that birthday T-shirts don't sell .. but I guess its no fun thinking about this .. :P

Looking at the goods ..
There many times I wanted to buy their goods but just that .. they are not putting them up for sales online ..
They got mu-mo but they are not selling them anymore it seem .. its just so frustrating that I can't get these goods :(

edit:
ehh... wait I made a mistake ..
The do sell their goods at mu-mo .. but they are not selling the T-shirt .. :(

ANGE-0108_t_01_400.jpg
http://shop.mu-mo.ne...4&categ_id=6237

ANGE-0117_t_01_400.jpg
http://shop.mu-mo.ne...2&categ_id=6237

ANGE-0118_t_01_400.jpg
http://shop.mu-mo.ne...5&categ_id=6237
ラバーバンド(ランダム10種+シークレット1種)
I don't get this .. dunno if my translator got it wrong .. Random 10 type + 1 secret type? red?

GEMXX-A000095_t_01_400.jpgGEMXX-A000095_t_02_400.jpg
http://shop.mu-mo.ne...1&categ_id=6237
oh I like this ..but their goods are really more expensive than other idols ..
However .. i think I will still try to get this .. :)

Edit: ordered..  :)

#1202 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:30 AM

^Their jacket is $65 (USD) omg. That's more than just overpriced  :S A normal jacket would be around 20-30 but that's double the price. Yeesh. 

Anyways, on the bright side, Sugar Baby's MV seems to be doing much better than Spotlight ever had. 

It just passed 50,000 views today  :good:

Here are yesterday's release event videos of Sugar Baby

https://twitter.com/...895475978211328

https://twitter.com/...896078418710529

https://twitter.com/...897635142979584

https://twitter.com/...898257636466689

So has anybody ever wondered what Mahochi's sister looked like?? Well, you no longer need to guess! I found her instagram lol (This time it wasn't because of my weird habit of stalker the GEMbers but because someone on 2ch posted it lol).

https://www.instagram.com/mayatangd/

If you see her most recent post, it's a video of her and Mahochi. Maho wasn't lying when she said they didn't look alike...And it seems like her name is also Maya! Although written differently.

And speaking of 2ch, someone posted this on the GEM thread:

GEM歌唱力ランキング2017 
1位 村上来渚 
2位 熊代珠琳 
3位 西田ひらり 
4位 野口もなみ(元GEMメンバー) 
5位 武田舞彩 (留学前) 
6位 伊藤千咲美 
7位 南口奈々 
8位 森岡 悠 
9位 平野沙羅 
10位 小栗かこ 
11位 伊山摩穂 
12位 金澤有希

They made a ranking on the GEMber's singing abilities (not official). I'm surprised they ranked chisami/maaya/chanman/natchi so low...

Hirari has made a lot of improvements, but I wouldn't say she's better than all of them^ 

They also don't seem to think very highly of Mahochi's singing...but well, that much is expected from people on 2ch lol 

There was also one guy complaining about how people were commenting that Sugar Baby wasn't very GEM-like, and that was the reason why GEM wasn't able to do gravure and stuff. But I'm pretty sure their whole image in general would never allow them to do gravure lol 

And an article on GEM's tokyo tour finally came out

http://www.wws-chann...rls2/26112.html

I was wondering when it would be posted. I wanted more photos on their new outfits...but it only has two: one of Hirari and one of Kako. 

Spoiler

#1203 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:58 AM

^ hmm .. Mahochi's sister seem much older than Mahochi and have a sharper face than Mahochi ..
But I think when Mahochi get older .. she may look more like her sister :D

I think singing is subjective when the difference ain't very big ..
I think no.1 and last is pretty obvious as there is a big difference between the 2 ..
but everything else in between is just too close I think

I suppose Sugar Baby it is not very GEM-like as it is a sweeter kind of song .. this is the first time they really did something so colorful except maybe Do you believe
they look more like Momoclo stardust family or Wa-suta .. lol
Basically .. they always turn up in something white or silver with their member colors as just a highlight ..
and the MV is style so high school in uniform which is not common for GEM ..

About Gravure .. its always rather strange to me for iDOL Street ..
If you look at the other big idol collective .. H!P, Momoclo stardust family, 48G, 46s ..
All of them either they do it or they don't .. all the groups in their collective/project from top to bottom follow the same approach to gravure ..
Then come iDOL street where the flagship basically not only does bikini gravure ..had a number of bikini singles including a bikini brand collaboration ..while the rest stay clear of it ..
while Wa-suta did have a slightly more revealing feature for TIF last year .. its basically nothing from the other iDOL street group ..

So I don't see it as culture or image as the flagship group which everyone knows is doing it ..
I also do not think the girls do not want to do it .. for example like Wa-suta Haachin already got some super fantastic bikini gravure and Natchun turn up in a event cosplaying in a very revealing outfit while they are streetsei but after they get into Wa-suta ..they get all covered up ..
I think there are case where they make Lana be in a slightly more revealing outfit to milk the fans ..
My reasoning is gravure does make the idols more popular in some sense .. and restricting the junior groups from doing it ensure the flagship's group superiority which is something that had to be guarded at all times ..
In the same way SUPER GiRLS had more girls and better promotion .. that's my thought and opinion .. :P

To me.. I am not complaining that GEM is not doing gravure .. but I am complaining about Cheeky Parade not doing gravure ..
The Cheeky Parade girls are all rather old now .. and they have not added any new members so the group have a limited lifepan ..
The girls in Cheeky Parade now look fantastic .. and what did they do to them .. >>>> put them in an ugly all covered up pajamas ..
The are the only group not releasing anything this round .. I think the group is in serious trouble if they don't do something out of the ordinary soon :P

#1204 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:32 AM

^haha Chikipa has barely been doing anything lately other than their regular lives. 

I've been waiting for them to announce a new single as well...but nothing  <_<

Yesterday was Kakochin and Mahochi's birthday event!

Spoiler

Watch this cute video of KaKodas. 

https://twitter.com/...352601284505601

believe it or not, Kako's shirt sold out but Maho's didn't :o :o

C1vKBRAVQAIUiw4.jpgeven though Maho's was cuter...but then again, maybe some people just didn't want two orange shirts, and plus, I think Kako is more popular than Maho in the first place. 

Now for some good news...

CHISAMI IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/...676618285563904

She's been doing a lot of catch up on twitter right now. 

This is the first time I've heard Kakochin actually introduce herself as the dance leader lol

@ 7:23

#1205 sunandthemoon

sunandthemoon

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:21 AM

Long post of meandering thoughts.

Thanks for finding Maho's sister's pics!  I had previously looked through Maho's old twitter pics and only found 'censored' pics with her

and her sister.  I knew she had a sharper chin, so it wasn't suprising, that she looks exactly how I imagined her to look. lol.  Early on,

I could tell she was why Maho's had 'sister complex' (that I assume she had).  It can't be helped as her sister is cute

and sounds really cute too.  Sorry to say but Maho will not look like her sister when she's older. They really look that different. 

Luckily Maho has gotten over her hangups and is on good terms with her sister and just doing her own thing appearance wise.

It was pretty bad for Maho last year.  I think she had depression or worse.  I'm glad she's still with us. Read her year end blog.

http://ameblo.jp/ido...0070685173.html

Her new year tweets were telling a story that we didn't really know.

https://twitter.com/...205697210105856

https://twitter.com/...206153344913408

https://twitter.com/...206656531255297

https://twitter.com/...206960081473536

It makes you wonder behind all those happy faces they make on twitter, instagram, etc. what is really going on in their lives.

I'm happy to have participated in her many twitcasts with the GEMILY.  Yes we lost all that sleep!! ^^;  

It feels good that we actually made a difference in her life.

2chan GEM threads were my time waster, at least for a few months earlier last year.  After some time, I realized it was just half trolling, half tweets I had

already read as a GEM fanatic. So I stopped going there.  I'm so happy that you found the link!!  I'm more shocked that she outed her

relationship with Maho, after overprotective Maho never showed her face even once!  I'm even more shocked no one on that thread responded

to that link.  Maho doesn't rate highly I suppose. lol.

After Maho's birthday event.  There was the cake incident.  If you hadn't heard of it it's because Rana deleted the twitter video.  Sadly, I didn't save the

video since I was too tired and wanted to sleep. :(  The scene looked like this http://apopidols.org/posts/409195/:

Spoiler

So I assume it was Rana was taking the video and Sara was moving from the rear to the right side to get a better view.  The cake was partially eaten and Maho put her hand behind Nana's head to fake face caking her.

After some apprehension of the 'I'm not ready' kind from Nana, she prepared herself and then Maho proceeded to face cake her and then dabbed some some more cake on her face.  Maho actually kissed Nana's cake covered face (on the lips). 

Unfortunately, some fans got upset and Rana took down the video.

You can tell they didn't make Nana do this as she pinned her hair to the side and was a good sport about it.  The video was just over a minute long. On 2chan they posted Rana's deleted tweets (At least I think they

are since I didn't read the original tweets.)  Google translate sucks but they couldn't finish the cake and were going to throw it away. She felt bad about it and was crying or something.  Maybe someone can translate it better.

The fans need to know it wasn't done maliciously but as video to entertain them.

Spoiler

I never thought about GEM doing gravure but how about better stage outfits.  Even a sexy stage outfit would do, as long as they look nice. 

The Sugar Baby costumes look like someone had a jar of coins and visited Daiso and made it with the materials they could buy.

Idol Street needs to increase their wardrobe budget.  I like the short baseball style jackets though.  Those costumes are really ones for summer.

With their outdoor stages in the winter, it's highly probable that they are catching colds or the flu because of that.

I've always known Maho wasn't popular but it was a nice surprise that so many people actually showed up.  Not as much as Kako's event but

hey, the events aren't free. lol.  I liked her shirt better with her cute design but as you said, they probably already owned an orange one and Kako

is the more popular member.  Pink is cute too (I need a close up of that shirt)!  Kako's popularity and sold out t-shirts and all those gifts they gave her! 

She is really feeling the love. Now that I think of it, it's cool that some people were wearing Maho's Angel design in front. Which is the way it should be. :lol:

I think Super Girls popularity is that it sticks to the cute girls looking/doing sexy formula that works in Japan.  It's also a sign of Japan rejecting Vocal and Dance

groups relative to the 48 and 46 groups domination.  Even LDH sales look tiny in comparison.  I do think GEM needs a better and bigger promotional budget.

If we think about it, Sugar Baby is a 'big budget' MV for GEM but it's kind of small in reality.  A couple of days before the release of the video, I was going

through Kobasolo's youtube channel and doing catch up when I stumbled upon his new video.  I was shocked he even had a video, and it was better than

most GEM videos if not all of them. lol  My inner fan was thinking, "Idol Street is so damn cheap!"  I am happy the Sugar Baby MV turned out looking good.  I liked

the background scenes with the lockers and close up shots. Kako and Nana scenes!  Just doing a straight dance video is plain lazy to me and I thought they should have included

more behind the scenes footage for Spotlight in particular.  Why waste all that good footage!  That's so Idol Street..

I've noticed there's been no GEM Nau videos for an eternity. The budget cuts have been severe! It makes me wonder if Idol Street took most of it and used

it for Maaya's 2 year training hiatus (Not blaming Maaya.  If you were offered an all expenses paid two year training program in the US and could get out of that

Idol hamster wheel life where you've gone to the same events year after year and nothing ever changes, you definitely take it!)  It must be the same for Cheeky Parade

with their 'Here are the surplus pajamas we found for you' stage outfits. Have fun!  Who is running this company?

Well to be honest, I have been thinking the unthinkable lately. Which is, maybe one or both of the groups may be cut before their away members return.  Since

most of the money is made doing lives (and their related merchandise sales), they have to continue to sell out to justify their existence.  I'm hoping Idol

Street keeps their commitments and continue to let the groups survive until their eventual reunions.   However, members graduating before then would not surprise

me.  Idol Street being a subsidiary of Avex may actually wind up saving them from the corporate axe.  You know how bad Avex is at managing their Idol groups. lol.

Higuchi P probably just threw up his hands after Monami left and abandoned GEM.  Not that he was that into them in the first place. They have a new manager but

same budget?  Need to talk to the accountants and ask for more funds.

I should finish this on a good note.  The GEM 10 posted part 1 of Mahora Hustle Press interview.  Don't miss it!

http://the-gem-10.tu...ion-241216-part

Edit: I really like Maho's birthday banner.  :good: :good:  To the Gemily who created that.

#1206 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:50 PM

6ae66ad50cc18b7993c1557d45f8d438c37750e245a39c7c47f740c59dc27cc4455c7dd34c8b0341
335767af9c1ce3184ac89781fa8444d8893aeb7885063849725625e6848fdd5393bb77799b10e47c
I think its just the tour T-shirt being the same as Maho's birthday T-shirt on the front ...
So I don't think fans will buy both ..
meaning if the tour T-shirt was pink .. I think things will be the other way round ..

I don't know about the cake incident as I don't understand Japanese ..
Basically I think it is not a big deal of their post getting remove ..
Seem iDOL Street is trying to give their idols freedom on the social media but we got to understand that idols are kids and they get carried away sometimes ..
I think post about Wa-suta Haachin got her post remove when she post pic and talk about how great this Kpop boy band concert she went was ..
She seem really happy and even say she will talk about it ..but it was later remove and she never mention about it anymore ..
I know she must have been really happy .. but honestly .. I don't think fans appreciate that here we are supporting her and there she only care about Kpop boy band guys.. right?

Anyway .. Maho always seem to be a cry baby to me .. and I like her this way ..lol
But I am not sure .. actually .. I didn't say but on my handshake last year with Maho ..
Maho ask me if I know her name (I think .. along that line) .. I don't understand what she is saying and look blankly at her .. then she said "Maho" in a kind of sarcastic way ..
then the next few handshake with her look bad too as her smile look like she is pretending to smile at me just to get it over with ..
actually .. i do not think she is bad ..I think its her cool characteristic that she project which sometimes didn't comes off the right way ..
As i always say .. every GEM member is oshi level to me .. and I am kind of sad that I can't really make her happy .. :(

Anyway .. we all know that they may not be doing well .. and with the new oricon rule .. their charting may look worse ..
But of course the avex still make the money even if the sales is not counted on the charts ..
I think iDOL street is a good thing and I really like them .. I hope they will last ..

Oh.. Chanman coming of age day :D
https://twitter.com/...7115392?lang=en
C1ueEnGVEAAkpBT.jpg
C1ueEnJUcAAhPVN.jpg
C1ueEokUAAEmBew.jpg
C1ueEnFUUAEnAmm.jpg

oh ya .. I know Chisami is back .. she technically blow up my twitter notification with her trying to catch up all her tweet .. :D
but i do miss her tweet when she was away :D ..

#1207 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:04 PM

^^I don't think Mahochi will grow up to look like her sister either lol I feel like oranged hair maho back during pre-debut looked more like her sister. But now that she's grown up she's gotten a lot prettier and cuter XD I feel like Maho has more of the kiddish look while her sister has a more mature look. 

Edit: Speaking of Maho's sister though, she liked my photo of Mahochi on instagram! *I didn't think she would actually looked at the people who followed her, but maybe she got curious lol

There's definitely a lot we don't know behind the scenes for the GEMbers. Even that time back when Chisami took a hiatus...who would've thought she wasn't confident with her own skills?? She already one of the stronger singers in GEM, but she still felt like she lacked something and decided to take some time off to work on her skills...

Although in Maho's case, it's a lot more serious, but it shows the same "We don't know what they're really going through" scenario. In the first place, because they are idols, and probably because they don't want to worry us, they probably hide behind a facade when they're performing, but they could actually be going through a lot more in reality. 

I've always wondered, Maaya's known about the study abroad thing waaay earlier before the announcement was made obviously, but what kind of feelings did she actually go through at the time? I'm sure she had to take a while to think about leaving her parents for two long years and also not seeing the GEMbers as well...going into a new country where there's a language barrier no less....but she always seemed to be the same old Maaya. 

Either way, I really do hope that Mahochi starts brand new this year, and knows that her fans are always there for her. If she ever has any problems, she can always just twitcast and let us know! In a way, it's her stress reliever. 

Speaking of GEMnau videos, I don't get why GEMnau is the only series put on hiatus again now. 2016 is officially over now, don't tell me they plan to put all of 2016 in two GEMnau episodes again like for 2015. That's just not going to cut it. Get your stuff straight iSt. 

And GEM not only changed managers, they also changed their producer. That's why HiguchiP no longer cares about them (well, no longer needs to pretend to care anyways). I'm not sure if their new producer is the director, because I feel like those two things are different...but Director is doing a good job of promoting GEM. I'm glad he got his own twitter account. 

As for managers, did they replace OKD-san with Sib-san?? I feel like I don't see OKD-san anymore. I do see IKD-san still mentioned and making appearances sometimes though...

^I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT TO POST ABOUT THAT. 

Chanman's coming of age ceremony was so pretty XD She got over a 1000 likes on that tweet, she was so happy  :lol:  :lol:

I also love the crybaby Mahochi XD When I first got into GEM, I thought she was the tough and tomboyish type because of her hair, but she's like the complete opposite. She absolutely adorable! And I love that Mahochi  <3

Edit:

Also, I didn't get to see that video Ranachin posted about the cake before she deleted it :( 

I would've wanted to see it...fans can sometimes be too serious...

#1208 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:04 AM

More Birthday T-shirts ..lol
For Rana and Sara :D
I am kind of sad this only started this year .. which means Jurin just missed it .. :P
It's Not Easy Being Green ..lol :P

f1759658d945b43d0079ee5291814361bb908354
d355be5daf1609c5907e54c9945263f703191921
d0568518123381d9e5899691612ab5234b4ed8fc
0d5636343a1a9539c6369a942f1e55dce02e71dc

#1209 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:16 PM

^Ranachin's shirt is so cuteee XD Sararan's I'm guessing is a drawing of herself...but I can't tell if that's writing on the eyes or if it's something else...

inb4 their Osaka tour shirt is also green  ^^; 

GEM is going to perform at LAGUNA MUSIC FES!

https://twitter.com/...145207975264256

idk what it is, but it seems supaga also performed there before. 

I wasn't really sure what Ranachin was doing as a DJ, but it seems like she's really working on it! :o 

https://twitter.com/...835894018850816

It sounds pretty good! 

Yesterday the girls had a day off and looks like a lot of them went out to just relax or hang out. 

As a side note though, it looks like Jurin is practicing on the piano!

https://twitter.com/...836888509292544

I wonder if she'll end up playing it during the tour... :c11:

It would be so cool if she did! That and I also want to see Ranachin play her guitar more.  :gitaa:

#1210 qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:25 AM

I think it's supposed to say Sarastyle. Which makes Sarastyle a thing now ^_^
https://twitter.com/...775495760191488

#1211 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:16 PM

GUYSSS It's the preview of Yume no Tsubomi!!!

@ 6:10 

I actually quite like it  :P But then again, I'm a ballad type person  XD

Edit: ^Also thanks for the explanation :) 

#1212 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:57 PM

^ .. wow .. that's nice ..
I can't wait for the MV where they put in all the pics collected from Gemily .. :D

LOL .. Higuchi P didn't abandon GEM XD
He tweet on Maho Birthday ..
https://twitter.com/...560962948825088
Then he tweet on Lana Birthday ..
https://twitter.com/...923355411382272

A check down his tweet .. seem he does not usually tweet on members birthday .. so its nice :D

#1213 sunandthemoon

sunandthemoon

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:37 AM

I want to wish Maho a Happy 18th Birthday (even if it's over in Japan. lol).

https://twitter.com/...687185318195200

C2AdJZLVIAA0IUK.jpg

She overslept.  Which is great!  She doesn't sleep enough. 

Then she went to Disney with her friends.  I think the GEMbers were at rehearsal for tomorrow's birthday events.

The GEM 10 tumblr has a translation for the last tweet.

http://the-gem-10.tu...13117-today-was

Her parents really spoiled her with birthday gifts.  Lucky!

https://twitter.com/...882913495859200

HR, the magazine she's contracted with as a model, posted a short birthday video:

https://twitter.com/...868154750857217

I like this photo Sara posted of her for her birthday tweet.

https://twitter.com/...751153487396864

C2BXUvnUcAATYg8.jpg

She was also the first to call up Rana to congratulate her on her birthday.  Rana is 19 now, 19 tomorrow where everyone else is awake.

Well, they are really close friends.   Both of them liked my Birthday tweets, so it was a great day for me. ^-^

Thank for for posting Yume no Tsubomi.  I listened to it once. lol.  Okay, twice since The GEM 10 posted the line distribution.

http://the-gem-10.tu...bomi-line#notes

Like Sugar Baby, twice and then cold turkey until the fan recorded videos came out.  Then listened to it a lot.  I just have a hard time

just listening to GEM's songs without them performing it (with the exception of ONE, which we only got the dance version anyhow).

So yeah, I'll also be waiting for the live or MV or fan recordings, whichever comes first.

Higuchi P tweets surprised me too.  I wonder if they know any secrets about him? lol  No, really, it was nice of him to congratulate them.

I hope he does it for the other members as well. 

I think it says Sara Style too.  I think Sara confirmed it in her twitcast earlier today.  It was very relaxing.

Chisami was on GEM's LINE account, Nana used it the day before (she's been using it more recently).  I guess it's getting some use after all.

Maybe some other members may want to try it.

https://live.line.me...roadcast/637324

https://live.line.me...roadcast/630788

Yuuki is busy on Periscope.

https://www.periscop...t/1nAKEMQoXEbKL

Like LINE Live it's recorded so you can go back and watch them.

Rana did have that one DJ event I remember.  She might have done more.  Not sure. 

I like that the members are branching out and learning and trying new things. I wasn't aware

that Jurin was learning the Piano until you posted it.

Oh, I'm glad Ares13 posted Chanman's coming of age photos.  She looks fantastic!

I had to post these. Bangless Chanman!

https://twitter.com/...662014067146752

https://twitter.com/...059480235163648

I thought she'd look more mature but she looks younger without her bangs. lol

Director of Sugar Baby's MV twitter account.

https://twitter.com/...469727772733440

Nana introduces UNIDOL, those cheerleaders in the Sugar Baby MV:

https://twitter.com/...691022024220673

Spoiler

Doh, it's not the first time they've introduced them. Here's their twitter account.

https://twitter.com/UNIDOL_EXCO

Ares13, I'm sorry Maho was rude to you for your handshake meeting.  She comes off that way sometimes.  I think I remember more than once, someone tweeted to her that she seemed rude to them and she

tweeted back that she was sorry.  It's not too bad.. She didn't scold you. ^^; Besides being a crybaby, she's a bit of a Tsundere, so handshake meetings aren't her forte. That's why you got the, "I know you didn't come

to my lane just so you could meet me, but could you at least remember my name?" treatment. You need to butter her up so tell her some nice things, like complimenting her while remembering her name.

Remember and rehearse the lines beforehand.  If you can't speak, or are too nervous to, bring a gift or a card (or both) with your lines on it and present it to her. Have your name on it so she remembers you.

Tsunderes have tough defenses, so it may take more than one meeting but she'll remember you if you leave her with good feelings.

Edit: If you're really nervous, just think of her has Chibi-Maho-Tsundere.  Try not to laugh too much.

Since I haven't done it yet, thank you posting the calendar pictures. They look quite lovely.  It's great that they went with one member per page.

I'm glad the girls had a day off. They've been doing two (performances) a day and they're probably tired.  At least we'll have Kako and Yuuki

photos to last some time. :)

Spoiler

I better wrap this up. Adieu!

C2DkILuUoAMmjSu.jpg

Edit: Fans got Maho up to 3rd before falling to 6th at the end of the day for her DMM.Yell last day of 17 year old photo.

Yuuki usually ranks highest due to one guy with five accounts voting for her. lol  Also Maho, is the only member who

does not have the Sugar Baby profile pic.  She's still using the Spotlight one.

Spoiler

#1214 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:44 AM

^I was actually planning on posting for Maho's birthday but I forgot cause I got distracted by Yume no Tsubomi's preview and had to go to class at the time ;-; 

I also really like that picture Sararan posted of her :) In my mind, if feels like in that moment, she's no longer stressed and is just relaxing and probably thinking about life or happy things XD Which is what I hope she does more often now instead of giving herself worries. 

And to make it official here, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAHOCHI <3

(normally I'd post birthday gifs, but I still haven't made them yet, so a normal picture will have to do for now)

C2BQYT5VIAEUapv.jpg

Her love for disney is just too adorable <3

And....................TODAY (IN JAPAN) IS OFFICIALLY RANACHIN'S BIRTHDAY!!!  XD

C17gK5ZUkAAWeFD.jpg

So today they're also having the Rana/Sara Birthday Event!! ANDDD THE GREAT NEWS IS......

ALL OF THEIR T-SHIRTS SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even before the event started too  :omg: SaRana is a fearsome combo....Then again, I guess it's rare GEM has nice T-shirts nowadays..lmao

https://twitter.com/...118357496111104

And Ranachin's birthday event setlist was also just posted :)

https://twitter.com/...140814177157120

I actually know all the songs :o

Surprisingly she only did singing...I thought she would do a dancing segment as well like Kakochin. 

Let's look forward to Sararan's birthday event as well  :P

Edit:

^I really like bangless Chanman XD I think she looks younger as well hahaha

#1215 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:51 AM

LOL .. the bangless Chanman .. I had a good laugh actually :P
with her bangless and and with like little make up and her outfit ..
https://www.instagra.../p/BPGegqtAqD-/
She actually look quite obasan XD

Anyway .. I think I agree about Maho .. that's why I am sad because I can't make her happy as I don't understand Japanese and I am a fan of the whole group ..
I really like everyone in the group .. but of course being human .. I will like some more than others even I like them a lot .. so sometimes I may project as if I am not their fan because I favor one a bit more than another ..

Actually my GEM love works this way
Chanman - my no.2 idol, no.1 iDOL Street, no.1 GEM
Chisami - used to be no.2 iDOL Street but no.3 now as SUPER GiRLS Naapon won me over and no.2 GEM
Sara - no.3 GEM and she is going to be my no.1 GEM if Chanman leaves .. I do plan for succession .. I dunno .. in recent time .. I am have been getting this fear that Chanman will leave this year .. maybe I am just paranoid ..
I like Sara all along and furthermore .. she always gave one of the best impression in all of the time I meet her .. and it helps that she is the prettiest girl in the group (IMO :P)

Then those I like more are ..
Jurin, Nana, Kako, Hirari
Then the slightly less are ..
Maho, Lana, Yuki, Maya
So sometimes I get carried away .. and may project less excited toward some .. :(

I was wondering who are those cheer leaders in the Sugar Baby MV .. my guess was UNIDOL .. and it is XD
It looks like Nana really had a nice hangout with them ..

Saying about the MV .. I wonder what they saw ..lol
maybe the release will review the whole story .. :D

#1216 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:28 AM

^lolol Maybe that would make her happy if you told her that since people always tell her she looks like a kid XD

Like you, I also love all of them since they're all so funny and dorky, but I find myself liking the younger GEMbers more than the older GEMbers sometimes. 

Maaya will always be number 1 though <3 

ANNOUNCEMENT

Today is the last day to submit pictures for the fan collaborated Yume no Tsubomi MV. If you guys want to add any more in, it should be ending in less than 24hrs from now. 

Tweet away!

This happened a couple of days ago, but the GEMbers had an interview and photoshoot while wearing their Sugar Baby outfits..

https://twitter.com/...430757751877633

I've been thinking, what if the photoshoot was for their Sugar Baby covers? I had assumed they would've taken those back when they took the promotion pictures, but what if they didn't and that's why they still haven't revealed it yet.. ._. 

But since there's the interview too, I could probably be wrong too...idk what the interview would be for, and why they had to be in their Sugar Baby outfits too. 

Although tbh, it could also be for TIN or Hustle Press since they have been covered in a lot of news articles lately since a lot of other idols have been praising Sugar Baby  :P

I forgot to post about this a while ago too...A LINE conversation between Ranachin and her sister (MIRU)

https://twitter.com/...290308139995136

C1smsJ3UkAELi-r.jpg

Originally in the tweet, Ranachin was saying how in the middle of rehearsal, her sister sent her a whole bunch of messages. But fans noticed something that was even more funny XD

If you read the conversation starting from 1/3, it says:

MIRU: What do you want for your birthday?

Rana: Eh-  <3

Rana: Poop  <3

MIRU: OK

I died when I saw that lolol All of her fans were saying that this was the funnier thing rather than her sister's spam messages lol 

And now...some coverage on Sararan's birthday event. 

Her thank you video to the fans

https://twitter.com/...280821701492740

She really is pretty  :blush: (but I personally think Kakochin is the prettiest  :P )

Her event's setlist

https://twitter.com/...251121218224128

C2IeCpNVEAACWic.jpg

And some nice photos XD

(I think you would've liked this event qwiksXnd  :D )

C2IR2DTUcAESRaQ.jpg

Spoiler

#1217 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:16 AM

GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

GEM WILL FINALLY BE POSTING A PRACTICE VIDEO (OF SUGAR BABY)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the MV receives over 100,000 views!!! It's already almost 90,000! I think they're finally heading towards the right direction now (as a dance and vocal group). 

https://twitter.com/...187608667525121

Edit:

Mahochi also made 16k followers recently! Congrats to her ^_^

https://twitter.com/GEM_maho_ist

(She hasn't made a post about though..so idk if she knows or not lol)

#1218 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:48 PM

^ lol ..

I actually start noticing their view count from one of their tweet when it was 60K ..

I was thinking about getting it higher .. so i was viewing as much as possible .. setting up a loop on the video.. playing it in office and also at home ..

Even though I already got the video on download .. I still play it straight from You-Tube :D

So I guess I would try even harder now :D

#1219 qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:49 AM

I would donate another person's kidney to have been able to attend SaRana's event *cries into a pillow*

I actually watch Sugar Baby almost everyday. That's rare for me. It's usually once and never again. I feel that the song and video revitalized the fanbase. Which is why cuter or cooler outfits would have been helpful with the increased exposure. I think it was a missed opportunity that the GEMbers couldn't at least design their own seifuku. The video already had them in different variations of the same uniform, the differences could have been more unique and personalized though.

And being a nerd, I bought a lot more of GEM's tour rubber bands. I failed in my first attempt to get Sara's color, so I'm trying again. In retrospect, I should have just bought more when I had the chance. *buuuuut* If I get anyone's oshi color I will give it to you (--if you are interested. They happen to be my favorite type of merchandise, because they allow you to push your favorite member, but not interfere with what you wear to the concert).

#1220 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

GEMなう。

• Senpai
  • 994 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:40 AM

^I love how it'd be another person's kidney instead of your's  :c18:

I watch Sugar Baby everyday too ^_^ it's just so catchy...Speaking of their uniform, in this morning's Sara twitcast, a lot of her viewers were saying how she should coordinate one of GEM's outfits for their single. I TOTALLY AGREE. They should just do something where the GEMbers get to produce themselves. 

Kako- Choreography 

Sara- Oufit Design

Rana- Music (Her DJ-ing skills would be put to the test! )

Everyone else- Help with lyrics lolol

Also, hopefully you won't get 10 Yuuki wristbands  ^^; I totally did not just jinx you

Anyways, just now Mahochi did an Instagram LIVE!!! Ranachin did one last night as well but it was too early and I missed it I think. She did another one when I was awake, but me being lame, I thought that the LIVE at the top was a saved live from before so I decided to watch it later, but it turns out she was actually live at the time...  :sob:

So I forgot to record Maho's live just now too...she was doing karaoke and sang "We are never ever getting back together (Japanese ver.)". And a part of Yuuki's singing was also streamed. I'll try getting it the next time she does it...it's just that it's harder to record since it's on the phone rather than on the computer...

Now, a lot of the older GEMbers are using LINE LIVE again. I personally love it because then it gets saved and I can watch it later. It's just that it's in portrait format....

Yuuki still uses periscope which I wish she would change..there's just too much creepers on there. 

Fun fact I learned from Sara's twitcast this morning: The girls are supposed to go to Hokkaido sometime soon to take part in the Sapporo (?) Yukki Matsuri. She met another idol (?) girl that told her that if GEM wore their Sugar Baby outfits to that event, they wouldn't survive lol And that a lot of the people that go to the Yukki Matsuri aren't from Hokkaido, rather they're people from other places. People from Hokkaido find it too cold to go out lol XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users