• Please log in to reply
5732 replies to this topic

#861 angelcytheria

angelcytheria

hagane-chin~

• Senpai
  • 631 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

She wasnt one of my favourite members, but she was part of the group nonetheless. D: It's gonna be so different without her.

I think since Aina's hip injury awhile ago, her parents got worried abt how much more intense the trainings will be when she becomes a full member.

Edit: I really hope Tsunku doesnt get someone to replace her bc the group's bond now is really good and bringing in a new girl to debut with them when she didnt even go to the indies process with them since kinda unfair. (Almost like Suma 2nd gen, it took a while for them to have the right chemistry).

#862 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

♥ Full Support for Up-Up Girls! ♥ ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

I just noticed... wtf is with orange... It's like H!P new member unlucky color recently. (shocked Kudo is doing ok... lol) Because remember Fuyuka was orange... lol

I kinda doubt they will add a replacement right away if they ever do...

I can imagine maybe sometime down the line, especially if they ever lose another member...

But right now? I don't think so... They wouldn't have said they'd continue as 5 members if they were gonna replace her right away right?

Besides it seems very sudden so of course they also have to take into consideration that if they did find a replacement for Aina's position they also have to teach that girl the songs and the dance positions. It's not something they can just snap their fingers and automatically do, it does take time out of people's schedules to teach a new person the stuff they would need to know to join in.

VMAYe.png

★ UUG ★ UUG2 ★ Fudanjuku ★ GEM ★ STU48 ★

(Updated to reflect groups that I currently follow closely and are active... Maybe I'll update the picture or something eventually. I'm lazy.)

#863 claneksi

claneksi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5302 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

^ The company seem to content with five-person group, so it's safe to say that they will continue with these five girls at least for a while.

Fortunately the Kenshuuseis are trained pretty well, so performance wise, there should be no problem if they decided to pick new girls from the talent pool.

About difference with MM, I believe that it's widely accepted that early years contracts are basically similar for everyone regardless the group. The amount of extra works is what makes the difference, like MM girls tend to have more live shows and events, more TV appearances, etc. But all things equal there's little or maybe even no difference in these newbies basic 'salary'.

Are these girls being paid enough? I remember Momoko saying she wanted a game console, as if she couldn't buy one.

I think UpFront is known to be one of the most 'generous' agency in the industry, so it should be at least 'reasonable'. Chisato for example, bought her father some gadgets each year like PS3 and SLR as his birthday presents just by saving up a little from her allowance for a few weeks. Or Reina went shopping and bought several LCD TVs for her home because she wanted it (and gave her brother 'x million yen' as new year gift).

They are seniors of course, with years of experience and pay rise through several contracts renewal, but I imagine for these young girls the amount of money offered by the company would be more than enough. For the parents though, things may be different..

Anyway, it's sad that Aina has to go. Being one of my favorite, it's really hard to take. :(

#864 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

Idols don't make a lot (you can see how much the top girls in AKB make and it's unlikely anyone in H!P is paid more than them). Being an unknown group means the J=J girls probably don't get paid much at all. I would hope that's not the part of the contract that her parents had an issue with.

It is pretty random, though. Surely some sort of other contract was involved when they were just doing indies releases and they needed a new one to go major. What was so different about it that her parents forced her to completely quit? None of the other minors parents had a problem with their contracts.

#865 Icee

Icee

daredemoヾ(*´∇`)ノ daisuki

• Senpai
  • 689 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

Before today, the thought of a member not making it to major debut had crossed my mind. I didn't think it would actually happen, seeing how close they were to the actual debut.  :( 
Honestly, it's better that this has happened sooner than later. :sleep:  It sucks, but I think it's better than having her suddenly leave a year later or something. It doesn't seem as bad as Sakitty's, where there was little explanation.

Anyway, I'm glad we got the truth. The message could have said that her hip injury was too much for her to carry on with her career or something. I just hope that Aina was okay with the decision and it wasn't just her family demanding more cash. It would sting to see her signed onto another agency, since that would mean she does want to still be an idol.

#866 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

Aw, man... this is super depressing  :( She was one of the leads and after all she went through...

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#867 becharm

becharm

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 412 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Why would parents do that to their child? it is obvious that she loves HP and want to be in Juice Juice, unless Tsunku wants her in MM 12 instead, that would be better.

#868 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

I should point this out, that Aina did contribute to this decision too.  

#869 Kaelly~

Kaelly~

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

Remember that being an idol is a full time job. She will barely have time for her studies (I know idols go to school, but it's toughter on them than regular students), she already got hurt once and it might happen again. Plus, her parents might be worried about the wotas too. We don't know what happens being the scene. It's part of her parents job to be realistic and to protect their daughter. If they think the contract isn't ok, it's normal that they refused to sign it.

It's ok to be disappointed, but don't blame her parents like if they just smashed their daughter's dream. We don't know what happened, we don't know on which terms they disagreed. Maybe Aina too agreed that the contracts terms weren't what she wanted.

Of course it's sad, even more for those who rooted for her since the 9kies auditions but since we don't know the details, there is no point judging anyone.

And even without Aina... I can't wait for J=J debut!

Posted Image

#870 Haro66

Haro66

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 1318 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

I will always support J=J even if they are 4 or 5 or even 2 membres :good:

#871 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

Are these girls being paid enough? I remember Momoko saying she wanted a game console, as if she couldn't buy one.

Idols don't make a lot (you can see how much the top girls in AKB make and it's unlikely anyone in H!P is paid more than them). Being an unknown group means the J=J girls probably don't get paid much at all.

Where do y'all get that? Not long into her MM stint Gomaki's MM salary bought the family home paid in entirety

#872 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

Idols don't make a lot (you can see how much the top girls in AKB make and it's unlikely anyone in H!P is paid more than them). Being an unknown group means the J=J girls probably don't get paid much at all.

Where do y'all get that? Not long into her MM stint Gomaki's MM salary bought the family home paid in entirety

I'm going to go out on a limb and take a guess that the current MM make nowhere near what one of the most popular members did at the peak of the group's popularity. Especially not any of the current minors. I'm not saying they're poor but they're not banking either. The top members of the top idol group in Japan didn't even break 250k and those girls are busy as hell.

#873 aerosuffly

aerosuffly

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 847 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

I should point this out, that Aina did contribute to this decision too.  

In the end it is going to be the parents though regardless of whether it is money, school, risk of injuries or unstable future. I cannot see Aina quite solely under her own decision after trying to get into MM and becoming a kenshuusei. She does not seem to be a person to give up easily just from unforeseen obstacles. It must have been he parents influence, but I do not blame them. Parents has a right to chose the best for their children when they are not yet capable of making ife-changing decision. It is still very unfortunate though. I would let my daughter becomes an idol in H!P consider how many kids can actually do it! It is a chance in a life time that is almost impossible to come by. Regardless, I wish that Aina does not regret this and is able to do things that she likes in the future.

#874 Mirachiii

Mirachiii

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and take a guess that the current MM make nowhere near what one of the most popular members did at the peak of the group's popularity. Especially not any of the current minors. I'm not saying they're poor but they're not banking either. The top members of the top idol group in Japan didn't even break 250k and those girls are busy as hell.

but unlike the other top idols/ other idol groups, UFP (not just MM) were paid a standard amount of salary every month. Bonus will be added to that amount depending on the extra work they do (TV appearances, photobooks, stage, musical...etc) So even if they dont have anything to do, as long as they belong to UFP they will still get paid.

From what I know, other idol groups doesnt get any pay unless they have a job to do.

JJ was so perfect with 6 people.........although 5 is awesome too... i wonder how they're going to cover Aina's line since she was considered a center...hopefully JJ doesnt go into that 1 center/ace type of style :P

good luck to J=J!

#875 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

Honestly, I really expected one or two of them to drop out before the major debut. Tsunku said himself that members would be added or subtracted as necessary before the major debut.

Honestly, I predicted it to be Akarin, since he said her singing and dancing was weak...but I'm glad he didn't, because she's my J=J oshi :3

Aina wasn't my favorite at all, but she's had a dominant vocal role thus far in the group, so she will be missed.

At least we'll most likely get to hear even more from Tomoko now.

Ogawa Rena - Nonaka Miki - Uemura Akari

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#876 Kaeseki

Kaeseki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1476 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

My guess is the idols make significantly less than Western child stars but still bring in a substantial income.  I wouldn't gauge income on ability to purchase stuff as I suspect their parents and financial professionals manage their income and only get small allowances until they are older.

#MAGA

#877 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

It's so sad to hear this :sob:

I hope this won't change much with their debut and all, like with sales

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#878 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

My guess is the idols make significantly less than Western child stars but still bring in a substantial income.  I wouldn't gauge income on ability to purchase stuff as I suspect their parents and financial professionals manage their income and only get small allowances until they are older.

A lot of them, even the older girls, also still live at home, which makes buying expensive things much easier. Like I said, I'm not saying they're paupers or anything like that, but this idea that idols make a lot of money isn't true at all. Even if money isn't the reason Aina's parents pulled her out, it's probably safe to assume that whatever amount they were being offered isn't anything impressive.

#879 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

I just noticed... wtf is with orange... It's like H!P new member unlucky color recently. (shocked Kudo is doing ok... lol) Because remember Fuyuka was orange... lol

I kinda doubt they will add a replacement right away if they ever do...

I can imagine maybe sometime down the line, especially if they ever lose another member...

But right now? I don't think so... They wouldn't have said they'd continue as 5 members if they were gonna replace her right away right?

Besides it seems very sudden so of course they also have to take into consideration that if they did find a replacement for Aina's position they also have to teach that girl the songs and the dance positions. It's not something they can just snap their fingers and automatically do, it does take time out of people's schedules to teach a new person the stuff they would need to know to join in.

Kamei was orange too :P So the bad luck streak continues.

Also, C-ute doesn't have an orange member XD And they're doing INCREDIBLY well haha.

We should take out insurance for Kuduu and Chinami now.

Ogawa Rena - Nonaka Miki - Uemura Akari

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#880 TomorrowNeverKnows

TomorrowNeverKnows

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

This is so sad. I am super torn. I mean parents are suppose to protect their child and look out for their childs best interest. With that said I could not imagine something in the contract could be so terrible to deny their child her dream. Especially since they kind of all ready knew the game with Aina being in Kenshuusei and doing the indie singles with J=J.

nvq_zps0cf076f6.gif

Thanks for the signature and avatar goes to Reinalovesllamas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users