• Please log in to reply
5732 replies to this topic

#5281 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:02 PM

I kinda think we're talking past each other.
So, to be clear, I don't think there's any particular motivation to put every graduation concert in the biggest venue that the fans will fill. I have never seen that drive from management, and I don't think it's a reflex for anybody. "But fans who don't get tickets are being disappointed," has never been a driving force for venue selection, graduation or otherwise. Sayashi Riho graduated in front of about 2300 people. How many thousands didn't get tickets? I simply don't think of that as a prime mover.

However, I do understand a kind of self-pitying cry of exasperation thinking about the odds of getting a ticket. I'm not trying to talk anybody out of that. "I wish I could go" is said in a million different ways about a million details, including the size of the venue, and I 100% get that. I make my own pretty often (usually about how almost all South-Kanto shows are on weekdays, but also about venue size, and whatever else)

What I am trying to push back against is any kind of idea that this is strange, or unacceptable, or selling Yanagawa short. And I don't even think people are outright saying anything of that nature, so maybe I'm just yelling into the wind and wondering why I'm not getting any meaningful replies. So there is that.
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#5282 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:56 PM

Just to clear things up as to why the general fan response is as it is...

It is strange in that they decide to do a standing grad concert at a live hall for the first time ever while they could easily book a hall that's more comfortable/holds more people/shows higher status than the place CG consistently does their events in, it is unacceptable in the way that her fans will have a tiny chance to even get into her graduation (let alone get a good spot) and whether it's selling her short is rather subjective, as thought it might be that she's not been in HP for a very long time, she's still a part of two groups/fanbases and has worked incredibly hard to catch up in a very tour and performance demanding group as a result of management burning down her Country Girls, which was basically a family in terms of how strong their bonds were. She was picked as the member whose singing improved the most by the majority of H!P members. Had CG continued this grad would have unlikely happened, as their activities would have still allowed her to study at a university.

It was a dumb/strange decision and is seen as such by the Japanese fans as well. It feels like they couldn't fit a better solution into their schedule/book a good place in time or something.

#5283 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:23 PM

How much of what you said didn't apply to Sayashi Riho?
I count two things:
"Standing"
"2 groups"
She (Sayanagawa) graduates in the venue most strongly associated with her career. I don't see how it's weird to go out the way you play. TBH, "bigger" graduation concerts are exceptionally rare. Tour Final Graduation at a "Tour Final" venue is absolutely normal.

She's certainly not getting the least respectful graduation. But comparing H!P's treatment of anybody to H!P's treatment of S/Mileage is pretty unfair, so I'm willing to leave Ogawa aside at "mentioned" but not worth "discussion."

It sounds to me like you're more upset about her career than her graduation. Maybe you were expecting to be mollified by a fabulous good-bye party?
I go on at length on this topic, it's probably not worth reading, but if you are curious, it's here.
Spoiler

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#5284 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:40 PM

Eh....wtf are you talking about? I honestly laughed when I read the last part. Where are you pulling these completely inaccurate and wild guesses on me from? XD I'm fine with her gradding, it's sad and there was lots of potential and in that I am exactly the same as both the members and the rest of the fans, but I'm not blaming management for anything other than booking a dumb grad venue for her. Moreso for her fans/financial reasons than herself even. The only thing I explained was the overall consensus on the situation and you're making things very personal and making some very far-fetched assumptions out of nowhere. I'm half-inclined to post the "Who are you talking to?" Jim Carrey gif, lmfao.

Also, where are you pulling the "burn her out" thing from? It's a fact that Juice's schedule would make it impossible for her to go to university with how much they tour. None of the current members are in university,Yanamin wants to go there (she's always been studious, also bragging about her grades on her H!P audition footage). The next year will likely be spent studying hard for entrance exams alongside current school activities, top schools in Japan aren't easy to get into. CG would have been a lot easier as their schedule wasn't that tight, JJ is insane.

Moreover, her gradding for uni makes the most sense, it fits her personality, other members' stories and comments on her grad fully support it, her own comments reflect it, everything points to that as the true reason. Do you even listen to their radio shows and read their blogs? O.o

#5285 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:36 PM

I'm not being sarcastic now when I say your miserable reading comprehension is almost certainly my fault. I've been too confrontational, and nobody reads carefully when they're in an internet argument.

The point was the assumptions at the end are NOT ACCURATE. That was the entire, complete, 100% point.

(I don't specifically think this is true, I'm trying to exemplify how "reasonable guesses about other people's private emotions" are not really reasonable, and certainly not appropriate fodder for discussion.)

So, yes, they're not accurate.  :c18:

"More upset about her career" is because the biggest paragraph is about what ways you're not happy with how her career went. That's what you talked most about, so:

It sounds to me like you're more upset about her career than her graduation

Does she want to go to university? Yes. Does she have to quit now to go to university? No. But she doesn't just "want to go to university" she wants to do it "for real" so she's quitting now, to make sure she's up to speed on her academics, has plenty of time to prepare for entrance exams, and has her S* together. This is 100% different from Kumai Yurina's "May as well go to uni!" She is turning in her idol lifestyle for a normal person's lifestyle. And you can imagine any reason you want to about why that is FOR YOUR PRIVATE USE, but don't bring them here and tell me that those reasons are proof that management is giving her short shrift in her graduation.

#5286 mo043311

mo043311

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:53 PM

I'm not being sarcastic now when I say your miserable reading comprehension is almost certainly my fault. I've been too confrontational,

Wow just wow ... You have to be the rudest and most obnoxious user on H!O. Every time I see you posting your normally being a Mr.KnowItAll

#5287 shii5

shii5

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:50 PM

I feel like this discussion may be more suitable in Yanamin's thread (about her graduation) instead of the general Juice=Juice thread.... >_< 

#5288 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:34 AM

Eh....wtf are you talking about? I honestly laughed when I read the last part. Where are you pulling these completely inaccurate and wild guesses on me from? XD I'm fine with her gradding, it's sad and there was lots of potential and in that I am exactly the same as both the members and the rest of the fans, but I'm not blaming management for anything other than booking a dumb grad venue for her. Moreso for her fans/financial reasons than herself even. The only thing I explained was the overall consensus on the situation and you're making things very personal and making some very far-fetched assumptions out of nowhere. I'm half-inclined to post the "Who are you talking to?" Jim Carrey gif, lmfao.

Also, where are you pulling the "burn her out" thing from? It's a fact that Juice's schedule would make it impossible for her to go to university with how much they tour. None of the current members are in university,Yanamin wants to go there (she's always been studious, also bragging about her grades on her H!P audition footage). The next year will likely be spent studying hard for entrance exams alongside current school activities, top schools in Japan aren't easy to get into. CG would have been a lot easier as their schedule wasn't that tight, JJ is insane.

Moreover, her gradding for uni makes the most sense, it fits her personality, other members' stories and comments on her grad fully support it, her own comments reflect it, everything points to that as the true reason. Do you even listen to their radio shows and read their blogs? O.o

When you see someone trying to snap at your comment when yours goes against his own opinion, don't bother to explain it. It is because you will accidentally have flaws in your comments without knowing it, and you will be snapped even more. Basically, someone doesn't allow you to have the right to be sad or angry when Yanamin's graduation will be at the small venue. Nothing is fact here, 99% of information here is personal opinion, except when it comes from H!P official site. (I have no intention to insult you, so just chill)

#5289 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9503 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:41 AM

LOL! This convo........

Any reports from their Hong Kong trip? :P

#5290 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 01:44 AM

Seems nobody posted
Here are some videos from J=J HK trip last weekend while I was not in HK.

At Hong Kong International Airport

Live at Tai Po Mega Mall in Hong Kong (10 minutes from my home)
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

#5291 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4360 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:50 PM

From Sayu's blog Juice=Juice

And,
In our free time, I got mixed in the with the game that all of Juice=Juice always play too, we got to play together!

It was funnyyyy

I wonder if it was their famous Werewolf game. :lol:

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#5292 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5677 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:27 PM

So, Sayuki is not good lying...Hmmm ^_^

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#5293 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 05:10 AM

I'm obviously not happy with the graduations.
but they're the weakest singers so J=J is getting even stronger...wow

#5294 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 08:57 AM

^
Sometimes, there's a good reason to keep opinions, feelings, and reactions to yourself.

Leaving 100% aside the question of whether or not you're correct, you're kinda crapping on the objects of other people's fandom.

#5295 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 07:29 PM

I'm obviously not happy with the graduations.
but they're the weakest singers so J=J is getting even stronger...wow

Yeah, I also have issues with this statement. It doesn't belong in Juice=Juice's general thread, and there are many of us who like Yuka or Nanami or both, so it's not nice to read a comment which implies the two are dead weight. And they are totally not, as they have their own strengths, which is why they've been loved by many fans.

I8dtEOy.gif

#5296 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1059 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:06 PM

They are not even my favourite members but yeah, you probably shouldn't put controversial statements like that on a thread that is for fans.

Here's the tread for stuff like that:

http://www.hello-onl...inions/page-212

#5297 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:17 PM

lol, i do like the girls (specially Yuka) i said they're the WEAKEST SINGERS (they're honestly better than the average of other groups), i never said that they dont bring anything to the table (again, i only mentioned singing) and i never implied they're dead weight to the group...wtf
however, i said what i said and i take full responsability for it, but if you take it on a different way, thats on you.

#5298 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 12:33 AM

^ I love Nanamin to bits and didn't think this was hurtful or depicted them as dead weight. I'm sorry you're feeling bad now :(

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#5299 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:54 AM

^
^
Your words don't have to be exaggerated or stretched. "You like them, but the group will be better without them," is not pleasant.

Not that I have a lot of credibility when I say, "please be pleasant."

#5300 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:14 AM

Just a reminder that if you haven't voted yet there only a few days left to vote for your favorite Juice=Juice members/songs/MVs in the end of the year polls! Deadline is December 31st.

Links:

Members

Songs

MVs

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users