• 2958 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:58 PM

#4302 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:35 PM

Still one of their best performances. Everyone sounds and looks amazing! And Romance no Tochuu just sounds perfect with a live band

#4303 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:54 PM

^Sometimes I wonder how sick they are of that song by now lol. I do love it but I never understood where the "only their first releases were good" mentality comes from that some people seem to have. I for one love a lot of their later works. :)

#4304 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:46 PM

Every idol group, or maybe an artist as a whole, has "that song" that they perform more than the rest.

#4305 Recognizer

Recognizer

GakiKame lover

• Senpai
  • 3377 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:05 PM

^ I wish it was IjiDaki instead tbh.

caCYGi9.jpg

#4306 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:24 PM

Every idol group, or maybe an artist as a whole, has "that song" that they perform more than the rest.

I am well aware but that does not make it less bothersome, even if J=J are still new compared to groups with 10 or even 20+ years on their neck. At least J=J has a song I like as their most performed song, but I have no doubt in my mind that the members are sometimes tired of it, especially with how much they have been touring. 

#4307 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:51 AM

I think their "that song" now is Magic Of Love

#4308 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:09 PM

I don't think soccer players get sick of scoring goals.
I don't think idols get sick of singing hit songs.

Nakajima Saki has talked a little about how often ℃-ute performs Dance de Bakoon, and my gut understanding of what she was getting at is that was not "We're sick of that song" as much as "Don't the fans ever get tired of it?" and then the obvious observation, "No, they certainly don't look like they're sick of this song" and also, because Nakajima Saki is more of a fan focused performer than a self-satisfied artist: "Anybody who isn't at our concerts 4x a week is definitely not sick of this song, so they'd miss it." Songwriters are more likely to feel "I've moved on from that stage, and I want my audience to hear what's going on with me now" than an idol is. But producers change the setlist as needed to adjust to idols' current situation (Massara and Ookina Ai are mostly handed to the Kenshuu these days, right?)

And in the case of J=J, I think because Wonderful World is their only song with that emotional tone and ambiance, they'd be way less likely to get sick of it than they would some other stuff.
I think it'll be a long time before the fans get sick of Magic of Love, because Takagi Sayuki remakes it every time, and because she remakes it every time, the rest of the group plays with it every time. So we audience members are always getting something new... I imagine that the members think of it more like playing cards (reactive, with variation) than like making a ham sandwich (rote) which definitely staves off boredom.
I'm babbling. (what's new)
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#4309 DomScatterbrain

DomScatterbrain

The Watcher

• Senpai
  • 4414 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:31 PM

Well, Magic of Love already become Magic of Sayuki from years since she first nailed it

- - - - - 小  

(Now the list has been completed still not yet complete)

jhrVBR6.png

#4310 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:08 PM

I don't think soccer players get sick of scoring goals.
I don't think idols get sick of singing hit songs.

Fans getting sick of the songs and idols getting sick of them are things I guess won't always go hand in hand, but that depends on how many times the song has seen stages of that sogn vs how much the idol group has done the songs on shows and it would also depend on songs itself. Comming to mind is a band who hates playing one of their first hits because it is 17 years after its release and they are sick of it and have been excluding it from most live shows for years. The same band will never play one of their title tracks again because of "how overdone" it was. The problem with idols is that their "freedom of speech" does not really work in the way that for example European pop acts would. They are probably not allowed to comment on it. I think the closest thing I have heard was EXID talking aobut how many times they have done Up&Down and that was much more of a hint than a blatant statement. I think there are some songs members of J=J are a bit sick of at this point, but that is just my opinion. 

Another opinion is that ​Abaretteka? Have a Good Time made my life so much better and I really need to see it live. <3 I am now inspired to the point when I am making up an ideal J=J setlist in my head. If they do half of it next time I see them live I would be beyond happy. 

#4311 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:53 PM

J=J is such a crude group. First the bullying, then the Uemu shirt incident and now KNTM :ph34r: :arrow:
Spoiler

Mafia Musume/Morning Mafioso

mafia_musume_banner_by_supermariabros-d5

Deviantart . Pixiv . Tumblr

H!P Comics

#4312 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:01 PM

Call me boring but I actually like J=J's Budokan DVD cover. The arena looks huge this way. 

91RXu87S%2BgL._SX522_.jpg

#4313 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:10 PM

I would use a different font, but it's not that bad I guess. It's really lazy tho... UFA doesn't even try about the covers anymore

#4314 AikawaMahoFTW

AikawaMahoFTW

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:41 AM

I would cry if they used Comic Sans. 

hi my new favorite group is basically all of j=j pls help me from this unending maho

FIESTA FIESTA IS HERE MY DUDES ITS AMAZING OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD

#4315 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:04 AM

At first I thought that was a fan made cover ^^;

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#4316 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:39 AM

Apart from the font I think it's an ok cover

#4317 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:23 PM

Giniro no Telepathy live! It's quite refreshing song.

#4318 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:12 PM

I didn't expect they sing the harmonies live .. very good

#4319 MaKrena

MaKrena

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:02 PM

Aw, the choreography it's so cute... or they are so cute, idk :blush:  (both <3)

#4320 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

It it not a bit strange that we never really heard much about their overseas event? 

Get excited for the weekend everybody. I have bought a J=J DVD I have only found one video of online before. I am not sure if I should upload induvidual songs of if I should go with the full concert. I have a feeling Dailymotion might remove the full one. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users