• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#21 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

"Why is it that the AKB solo feels like the least appealing alternative out of this DVD box?"

Perhaps because unlike their sister groups, who have the advantage of being far more fresh, AKB at least what concerns setlists sometimes play it far too safe by resorting to their singles. And while AKB have good singles, there's far more to pick from when it comes to their stages. I really, really wish AKB could utilize songs from the Himawari-gumi stages in the big concerts more often, and also throw in songs from their first few singles. Yes, new songs are good too, but I like more variation. 

At any rate I basically just knew this before the concerts were going to happen, that NMB at least would be at the top of the list here performance wise. Akimoto gave them a lot of praise in the newspapers, and deservedly so too. NMB are rock solid. 

Some photos from NMB concert:

http://imageshack.us...70/64171a5a.jpg

http://imageshack.us...66/e22240c5.jpg

http://imageshack.us...51/b98d4c98.jpg

http://imageshack.us...41/9ea3ab73.jpg

http://imageshack.us...49/25cbfc3f.jpg

http://imageshack.us...87/ee85f58f.jpg

Can't wait for the box set though, it will be fun.

And tomorrow is YouTube live stream :D

#22 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Surprised that there were no announcements at the HKT concert and that they did something for Kasai.

Can't wait for the bluray set to come out later this year.

Could someone please post the detail of tonight's stream?

#23 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

Fresh... I don't know what to think about that word. The only group that is fresh from my point of view would be HKT. Trying to remember SKE in their early days but Tsuyoki Mono Yo is the thing that overshadows everything... and that wasn't fresh, it was serious butt kicking. Same thing with NMB, never felt fresh but professional from the very beginning. I feel the difference between HKT and these two other groups. Well, three with todays AKB.

So, the meaning of fresh when applied to idols... childish and innocent? Maybe, and HKT is selling it with ease. Perfoming with great accuracy, energy and power doesn't necessarily include this freshness.

But why am I rambling about freshness, this was meant to be about AKB's setlist :D

...and it feels like AKB is trying to give the fans what they think the fans want. Because of that it becomes too predictable. Choose the setlist out of the girls own taste and liking for the moment instead... I agree, too much great material are burried and forgotten somewhere.

---------------------------

^

Surprised that there only been one announcement during these three days O_o Tomorrow will bring havoc to compensate? Because four days and six concerts without anything significant exept for a new NMB single...hmmm. I wasn't expecting something violent to happen really but at least something fun in the end of each concert would have been nice. Still have hopes for the new stages tomorrow :D

Kasai... Was in the middle of alot of trouble a few months back and then you thought that she maybe would try really hard to stay away from such things. Especially until her new single promotion was done and graduated. Kasai has been to valuble to AKB during the years though and everything was planned and set up for this concert. 

You could imagine what the tabloids got in stock for the election :D Girls, you know if you should be worried :lol:

The live stream... 

#24 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

The live stream...

As usual... not accessible here in Germany. Well... I'll hope someone puts it on the tracker once it's done. :)

signature3.png

#25 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

^^ The way I understand it, "fresh", in reference to idols (or music in general) means something like new or exciting. Something not cliche, something that hasn't been done a million times before. Not so much that the group itself is new, but there is a quality of newness about them. A comparison would be springtime. The season happens every year, but it has a feeling of freshness to it. I don't know if this explains it at all. :lol:

Didn't even know they were doing a live stream. I doubt I'll be awake for it (and my family makes fun of me when I wake up early to watch AKB stuff ^^;), so hopefully I can find it later on a streaming site.

#26 TxBullnettle

TxBullnettle

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

Is anybody anticipating a major announcement tonight? I'm not sure what exactly they could announce, since you'd almost expect them to hold out until the Nissan stadium performance for a big surprise.

What I would consider most likely is an announcement regarding the election in some way, so as to stir the pot. Something along the lines that if any of the former members rank in the sousenkyo they will be permitted to rejoin the group.

I kind of wish Takamina would announce something as the official soukantoku. Just to get some clarification on what her role is...I still don't know.  :ph34r:

Maybe they'll announce an international tour in light of their partnering with ANA. In the contest on ANA's page they say that the winners will travel with AKB to international performances if I'm remembering correctly.

Maybe we'll get some kenkyuusei promotions, and to be honest I'm not really expecting any graduation announcements tonight. Those are probably being reserved for the election speeches in a couple months.

Whatever happens I'm really excited about tonight!!  :good:

#27 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

^

First announcement of the day:

48-group KKS will get their own Budokan concert 6/5 :D

#28 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

It starts in 15 minutes. Ready your rations.

#29 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

I'm ready :D

The KKS concert... what a bad timing for the girls that just got promoted. Instead of standing in the center of attention in Budokan... Well, more details later on what goes and what's not.

#30 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

Well with that announcement I don't think we will be getting any promotions or Team K3 anytime before the Nissan concert.

#31 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

It begins.

#32 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

LOL Takahashi-leader first up with Jane Doe :D

Of course!

#33 bontakun

bontakun

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Lol Takamina is the opening act. Interesting.

#34 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

This stream for me so far is really not good, it freezes up quite often.

#35 bontakun

bontakun

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

Anyone else surprised to see Mii-chan performing Gingham Check?

This stream for me so far is really not good, it freezes up quite often.

No problems for me so far, and I set it up to 720 although I don't think it made a difference.

#36 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

^not really anymore

She never left the spot light.

---

The stream is spot on for me :D

03 SKE - Choco no Dorei

04 NMB - Kitagawa Kenji

05 HKT - SUKIx3

06 48G - Manatsu no Sounds Good (ALL)

#37 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

Cross is a good song :)

#38 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

^

A direct response to RH2013 Churi vs Sayanee ::lol: 

Well, the song is nice. 

#39 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

No stream for me :) So I'll avoid this thread for a while to avoid spoilers... just in case a recording of the stream will make it to the tracker :)

signature3.png

#40 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

I really like Cross too. Just a bit surprised the Sayanee was the center with Takamina and Yuko.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users