Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:21 AM
Well the download has completed and I have gotten around to watching the show at last. Initially, I thought the selection method was a little mean, but than I realized later it might actually have been a method of gauging each member's confidence in themselves.
Warning: Spoilers ahead! Changing text color to white, so highlight if you want to read.
Edit; Changed i back to black. Shame there isn't a spoiler tag here. Than again, most of you folks reading this probably watched it by now. Also, a bit more stuff about the first 6.
1. Ikomachan - Management's golden girl. No surprise she was first out.
2. Sayuringo - Has been 7/8-fukujin from the start. No reason to be concerned
3. Nanamin - Ditto as above.
4. Reika - Captain was visibly nervous. While she has never failed to make senbatsu, she had been dropped twice from 7-fukujin before.
5. Maiyan - I don't get why she seemed so nervous. Her position is untouchable, although by rights she should be up front.
6. Ikuchan - Seemed a little concerned also. Must be the trauma of being selected so late for the 2nd single.
The above 6 have the most confidence for being selected. After them, its obvious that the others were rather discomforted by the event.
7. Seitan - Major props to you for being the first after the 6 'godly girls' although I suspect she just wanted to get it over with quickly. She looked like she wasn't expecting to be selected although she has been senbatsu once before, and her expression at opening her card didn't betray a hint of surprise despite her saying she was disappointed.
8. Myumyu - Seemed to step up rather confidently. Had good reason to be, having been selected for the previous 2 singles.
9. Kanarin - I also suspect she stepped up this early just to get it over with quickly. Had good reason to fear not being included as she was dropped for the first time in the last single. Was very touching that other girls welcome her back with 'okaeri' and she replied with 'tadaima'.
10. Maimai - No surprise here also, having been selected for the last 2 as well.
11. Minami - Steps up at last. I'm guessing she is probably the least secure about her 7-fukujin position and dreaded that this might finally be the moment where she might be merely senbatsu.
12. Nenekoro - Now this was surprising. She's the first member who has never been selected before to try her luck. Good job! I think she deserves it, if only just for daring to try. At this point, it looked as if they were all considering the number of positions left and who else was still in the room. She had no reason to think she might even be selected at all.
13. Bebitan - She said she had no confidence but than Nene got selected so...I do like this girl. Always thought she was one of the cutest of the undergirls. Better luck next time.
14. Seirarin - Hmm, I wonder if the staff might have hinted beforehand to both her and Nenekoro. Very touching to see Maiyan embrace her when she joined the other senbatsus later.
15. Kazumin - Finally steps up. I think Kanarin's exclusion in the last single might have badly affected her confidence. Like Kanarin, she went from being a 7-fukujin to merely senbatsu and shunted to the back.
16. Nanase - What took her so long? Than again, she has a delicate personality. Kanarin's drop last single must have affected more than just Kazumin.
17. Renarin - Looked like Manatsu was getting up but Renarin than raised her hand first. Seems like Bananaman were also a little surprised that she wasn't selected.
18. Manatsu - Left it late. She was fearful from the start of the event. Likely wondering if her 8-fukujin position was just a temporary promotional boost. Seems like management are serious about wanting her up front.
Oho, major drama from here. 1 slot left, and 3 girls (Sayunyan, Noujou, Asuka) left in the room who have been recently selected as senbatsu. Looked like the others are pretty much resigned to their fate and are not likely to try unless those 3 stepped up and failed.
19. Noujou - Failed. A shame. She's fun but she doesn't seem to get promoted much.
20. Asuka - Nope, sorry.
21. Sayunyan - Finally, but it looked like Renarin's exclusion earlier shook her rather badly. If management tries this again, step up earlier next time sheesh. Probably had the least reason to worry about not being selected. If I'm not mistaken her popularity comes close to most of the 8-fukujin. If I were management, I might very well drop her from the next single just for having so little confidence in herself.