Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5302 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 04:26 AM

Tomoko..  :sob:

b8z8O9p.png

https://twitter.com/...579009107058689

https://ameblo.jp/ju...2657136118.html

This last three weeks must be very stressful for her. The audition, new single release, Sayuki's situation. I can imagine she's worrying about a lot of things right now. 

#1926 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 805 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 08:32 AM

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#1927 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 03:31 PM

About what she said in that first video, concerning not knowing her place in the group, doesn't she know that her voice is quite unique? That's why she's my #2 since their first year, behind Maa-chan, only because Maa-chan is ... Maa-chan.

#1928 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 03:38 PM

^ That’s the same as questioning why a woman you consider extremely beautiful would look in the mirror and and think she’s ugly, or have insecurities about her appearance. Just because other people appreciate aspects of you doesn’t mean you appreciate them in yourself (even if you should!).

Tomo always seemed to be a “sub-vocalist” to me, so I’m surprised she felt like she wasn’t important or didn’t have a proper place. She was always a part of the vocal triangle with Karin and Sayuki in their 5nin era. Similar vocal position to what Kumai or Momo had in Berryz, or Risa and Eri had during the platinum era. Chisa had this role in the second half of °C-ute’s career.

I loved the one with her and Asakura, where she talks about how she got into H!P (or was scouted, in her case). I used to think it was a random karaoke contest she entered and some guy from UF just happened to be there (or was there for scouting purposes), but if there was a signed °C-ute poster as the prize than I guess it was like... one that was run by UF themselves? That would make more sense as to why there would be someone there on the lookout for talent. Does anyone know for sure? I’m very intrigued by this lol

#1929 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 05:51 PM

I think it was a collaboration between DAM★Tomo and Up Front, since the winners also got to sing Chou HAPPY SONG during an H!P concert with Berryz and °C-ute.

And after that she took part in an audition, the "OCEAN MUSIC AWARD Newcomer Discovery Audition 2012", which was sponsored by Up Front :) That one's similar to the Forest Award New Face audition which was tied to Satoyama (and discovered Miyazaki Yuka, by the way). So basically Tomoko never auditioned to become an idol, she auditioned to become an artist ^^;

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#1930 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4355 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:03 PM

Tomoko's idol story is one of my favorites in all of H!P.

Here the video with Kiki.

On stage with her sister and her friend.

Kanazawa%20Tomoko,%20Kumai%20Yurina,%20NHello_Project-287076.jpg

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#1931 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:44 PM

I think it was a collaboration between DAM★Tomo and Up Front, since the winners also got to sing Chou HAPPY SONG during an H!P concert with Berryz and °C-ute.

And after that she took part in an audition, the "OCEAN MUSIC AWARD Newcomer Discovery Audition 2012", which was sponsored by Up Front :) That one's similar to the Forest Award New Face audition which was tied to Satoyama (and discovered Miyazaki Yuka, by the way). So basically Tomoko never auditioned to become an idol, she auditioned to become an artist ^^;

Oh wow! Does UF hold things like this often??? I’ve never seen them have auditions that weren’t H!P-related (aside from the PINK CRES and Lovendor auditions... and I guess also all the UUG-related ones, but those are all somehow adjacent to H!P/idols). Or maybe I guess it’s that they don’t get promoted the same way the H!P ones do so they go under the radar?

#1932 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 11:56 AM

I don't know if they still do that, but at that time they had several collaborations running, especially with the Satoyama theme. That's where Eric as well as Tasaki Asahi and Hasegawa Moemi (Bitter&Sweet) came from :)

But other than that it's true, Up Front works in mysterious ways that aren't always easy to see, especially for us oversea fans ^^;

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#1933 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 06:06 PM

^ Thank you so much for answering my questions! That’s a great way of putting it — UF is often confusing, but it sounds nicer to call them mysterious lol

#1934 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9502 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 12:46 AM

For more insight into the "Kanazawa story" what better to hear from the horse's mouth? She has one of the more interesting stories in H!P, being she was a late entry (2nd year of high school!), had very little training w/ no previous experience (3 months in KSS), and wondered often if she really blonged. (Aina Otsuka is also on record saying she never really wanted to debut, she merely wanted to meet her favorite H!P members.)

Oh, and in this interview Tomoko says she has no intention of quitting!

https://townwork.net...rkstyle/111464/

#1935 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4355 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 01:56 AM

^

Here's a translation of the interview.  :good:

https://twitter.com/...400919122210823

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#1936 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4355 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 05:09 AM

<3

Kanazawa%20Tomoko-992695.jpg

♪.うたコン絶対観てね!親友! 金澤朋子

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#1937 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 05:14 PM

Thanks so much for sharing those translations, I enjoyed binge reading that person’s translation threads lol.

Tomo posted something on her story about turning 26 this year, and it’ll be interesting to see how long she’ll stick around for after that… I think she’ll be the first H!P idol to be actively in a group and be over 25?

#1938 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1378 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 06:26 PM

Yankii_Yuuko_by_jmcorcino.gif

#1939 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 01:17 AM

I thought Yuko left around 25 but apparently she graduated at 27 or 28… but I think H!P has changed a lot since then, because girls pretty much always leave around 25. I mean Juice made a whole song about the 25-year old limit rumour but Yuka graduating at 25 kinda seemed like an ironic confirmation of it rather than dismissing the rumour.

#1940 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 12:22 PM

^

The point of the whole song is that it's a zombie-theory that just never dies no matter how many times it's refuted.

OTOH, Even as Kanazawa says, "I'm not thinking of leaving due to my age, I am thinking more seriously about what I'll do in the future with the rest of my life" (very loosely translated from her appearance on Young Town)

Also, Nakazawa joined MoMusu already in her 20s, which is unheard of these days.... before H!P even existed and all that...

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users