37 replies to this topic

#21 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

She sold 32,582 (oricon chart)
I believe this is actually a 2week period because it was over new years?

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#22 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

That's... pretty low on my opinion, especially if you take the fact that it was a 2-week period. Maybe it lacked impact (minus the CD jacket lol).

That's got me worried for Kashiwagi's whose A-side is a lot more mellow than Kasai's, albeit Kashiwagi being a whole deal more popular as a person.

#23 Nao-kun

Nao-kun

Seeding is Sexy

• Senpai
  • 5921 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

^
^
yeah its 2 weeks combined, but no harm in just treating it as 1, everyone does it. Besides, Idol stuff doesn't really sell in physical format after the first week anyway, usually 80 - 95% of total sales happen in first week, so the impact is minimal.

^
Almost nothing is exposed anyway in that cover, no big deal. I wouldn't worry about the Kashiwagi Yuki single, she should easily get over 50k.

#24 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

I wouldn't worry about the Kashiwagi Yuki single, she should easily get over 50k.

That phrase is what makes sales lower in my opinion, as fans that believe that something will comfortably or easily sell even without their help tend to sell a lot less because in the end, a lot of them thought the same and ended up not buying after all.

#25 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

No, Kasai lost much support from her actions over the last year. Not being able to make handshake events often and then spending a bunch of money on that live on small amount of money for a month show(was it 10,000yen?) and leaving the show after a few days. Often fans of the group will support soloists as well as people who oshi the girl and kasai would have lost that level of support.
I'm sure the song had little to do with it.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#26 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

I know how that whole thing went, but am just talking about it from the perspective introduced by Kojima Haruna, where people ended up not voting for her because they thought she'd place high anyway, and ended up voting for other people instead.

#27 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

I doubt that happened since a lot of people were concerned she wouldn't sell well due to her essentially-scandal.
Sorry to sound like such a downer but I think all fans were aware that she risked selling badly, if 'they' wanted to fix it, they could have.
We did have the first day sales released, they could have fixed it from that point.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#28 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Oh no, for that Kojima quote I was referring to Kashiwagi as per Nao-kun's post, but I guess it also would have applied slightly to Kasai as well.

In Kasai's case, I can understand why it got low because of the things she brought upon herself. And that's why I wonder how good Kashiwagi's single will sell, being the opposite of Kasai, having a pristine record. Also makes me wonder how Takahashi Minami's debut single will sell once that gets done. If Kashiwagi, Takahashi and Sashihara manage to make their singles and albums sell good enough without the need for being attached to AKB, then I can actually see a future for the elite members of AKB even after they leave the group. After all, the group was supposed to be a "starting point" or a "stepping stone" for the girls to reach out to their dreams. If their dream disappears along with them leaving the group, then it would be a very sad sight for the girls that want futures outside of AKB or whichever 48 group they belong to.

#29 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

So poor sales....
It's only a bit above the 27k copies sold of Manatsu that made her be ranked #12 in Election....

iheartsaechanwithtext_zpsa8d1a9eb.jpg

cr: byutaereina and renaismile thank you, both of u.

Graphics thread. Tumblr. Twitter Fanfiction Goodreads

#30 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

^^ooooh right fair enough.
nvm then ^^

^Don't forget that some of those numbers are from DMM accounts and fanclub memberships. Not huge numbers(since each membership only gets 1), but some of them.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#31 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

On the bright side of AKB soloists, Wasamin's debut single has now apparently sold over 100,000 copies, which is excellent. Granted, she's selling to two groups (AKB fans and enka fans) and enka singles usually sell differently from pop singles anyways, but it's not like she was the most popular member to begin with. I think members like Takamina and Yukirin should have their singles sell well: they're popular, and fans have likely been waiting for them to do solo work. The concern that fans will assume high sales and so won't buy multiple copies is legitimate, but if the girls do a good number of events, then I think they should be all right.

Chiyuu was really hit hard by her scandal, and then her grad announcement probably didn't help sales either. Some hard core fans may have been upset by the scandal, while more casual fans may think "what's the point of supporting someone who is gonna graduate anyways?"

#32 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Kasai's problem though wasn't just one singular event (scandal), it was pretty much an ongoing problem over time (constantly missing from handshake events etc.). This is difficult for fans to muster, after all how can you support someone who is never there?

At any rate, I think Wasamin is lucky in that she hit a very different niche market. When "everybody" does idol pop or pop it's very forgettable if it's not super-unique somehow. For example, nothing against Yukirin from me, but I have zero excitement over her upcoming release. I just don't have any interest. But for Wasamin's future, yes there is.

The challenge for all idols who decide to go solo, at least after they've graduated, is how can they keep an interest? Especially if they're no longer an idol. Because most of their fans are fans because of this, and not anything else. It's very challenging. And then there's the problem right now - which is a luxury problem really - that there's nearing a point of over saturation with groups, sub groups, solo artists and so on - all only from 48 family. It's hard to keep up with everything. So people pick and choose.

#33 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Oh, and I thought that it will sell more because she announced her graduation, right??

I thought that it will be like in Acchan's case.... FLOWER(released in June 2011) boosted back in Top 30 Daily in March 2012.... But Chiyuu wasn't so popular after all...

#34 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Well, she was decently popular around 2009~2010 before sliding off a bit, and then sliding off a lot later on. She used to be one of the fashion leaders alongside Itano, Shinoda and Kojima too, so no doubt she was probably a rolemodel for girls back then.

Maybe that time's passed.

#35 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

^ A Golden Era doesn't lasts long..... except if you're AKB48 itself, which Golden Era turned in Platinum Era........

#36 kurekurenaii

kurekurenaii

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Those aren't the 2 weeks combined. Oricon posted the 2 weeks separated.
1st week sales: 32,582 http://www.oricon.co...s/w/2013-01-07/
2nd week sales: 5,228 http://www.oricon.co...3-01-14/more/2/

#37 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

37810 still isn't good enough.

#38 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

^ I will probably hit 40k in next 2-3 weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users