Agency: AKS

Posted Image

#2 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

So, although the 48 groups don't really appeal to me (mostly musically, but that's just my preference), this girl is thoroughly adorable. I don't think I have any time or anything to try and submit a vote or two for her, but I'll do my best to keep up with her and maybe vote next year, if I remember. 

Also, her birthday shirt is amazing.

Attached File  31 - 3.png   230.56K   20 downloads

DDOhydd.gif

#3 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

she looks indeed cute.

iheartsaechanwithtext_zpsa8d1a9eb.jpg

cr: byutaereina and renaismile thank you, both of u.

Graphics thread. Tumblr. Twitter Fanfiction Goodreads

#4 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

Her birthday shirt is sold out (and did so a couple days before her birthday, although I don't think they printed that many shirts) so if anyone besides me wants one, as unlikely as that is, it's possibly too late.

Luckily I did grab one as soon as I saw it on YAJ, so hooray for me.

DDOhydd.gif

#5 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

Congrats - always nice to have tshirts of the idols you like :good:

Now I need to hunt for some t-shirts of my own, not Yuriya though, but yes :)

#6 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

I feel obligated to share how cute she is. 

This is also in place of her birthday LOD, which I never managed to find.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, her official profile has been updated since this thread was made:

Nickname: Yuriya

Height: 156cm

Interests: Making sweets, decoration, movies

Special skills: Penmanship, cooking

Charm point: Her hair

Her hair is definitely the best way to spot her in a crowd on a stage or in a group shot, I will admit.

DDOhydd.gif

#7 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

Lurkette, 

If you haven't seen it yet, get episode 09 of HKT48 Tonkotsu Maho Shoujo Gakuin: 

http://www.hello-onl...s&torrent=62870

The guest is a rather interesting photographer, and Yuriya gets to play, so to speak :)

( I updated the first post with her profile info )

#8 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Watched it, loved it. "(Mourning clothes) Really suit you!" She does wear a lot of black, though, so I guess it's not too far a departure from her style.

Thanks for the head-up, though. She appears so rarely on TV that I sometimes forget that she can actually pop up now and again. Not that she does much, haha.

Another TV appearance, showing us all how flirting and confessions are done like a champ.

Someone has also been nice enough to upload individual videos from the Melon Juice DVD (Type A) to his vimeo channel, including Yuriya's.

DDOhydd.gif

#9 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

So, just saw some photos of Yuriya on the picboard, and she is sooo cute! I have to admit, I don't really follow HKT apart from supporting Anya from afar, but Yuriya is like a goth loli queen! Meccha kawaii!

#10 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

Indeed. She is quite nice :)

You would do well in getting more into HKT48. Now, I like all the Japanese 48 groups, and follow them, and enjoy them. But in terms of freshness and overall cuteness, I think HKT48 is probably the group right now for that. They have some very unique characters too that the other groups seem to lack (Aanya and Marika for example). Well, I'm terribly biased as I am a huge fan of their TV shows. 

Yuriya had some great moments in one of the later Tonkotsu episodes too, with some cosplay photoshoot going on.

#11 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

I know that there are other 48g members with alternative tastes in fashion, but Yuriya is pretty darn bold with hers, especially considering she's only 14. She even experimented with a temporary tattoo recently (and remember how big of a no-no tattoos are in Japan). She's got guts, on top of being absolutely adorable.

DDOhydd.gif

#12 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

I'm far from an expert or that knowledgeable about "all" idol groups out there in Japan (so can't say what happens there), but I do know that the 48 groups are very liberal and open in terms of personal fashion and clothing. They seem to be given a sort of freedom to choose themselves what goes and does not go from management, and it's rather hilarious to see some of the girls who have an absolutely over the top atrocious fashion "sense" (blind and senseless more like it). It's cool though, as we get to see many unique styles, in particular from the handshake events.

Yuriya does seem to go more towards the edgy/gothic style, and I like every bit of it :)

#13 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

No need to be coy, we all know who you're talking about...

Spoiler

But yes, Yuriya is the reigning goth queen. You can see her collection of crosses and chokers in her room in her MJ DVD segment. Oh, and all her cats. She has, like, 5 of them.

DDOhydd.gif

#14 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

No it wasn't her I was thinking about (Sae, Churi, etc.), but ..., that's terrible too :lol: 

I've yet to watch the DVD extras of Melon Juice single even though I bought it, but I guess I should get around to that now. I am always happy to see idols with cats instead of little barking tribbles :D

#15 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

http://v.youku.com/v...g3ODMyMDk2.html

I don't think her birthday stage was ever uploaded onto the tracker (that or I just wasn't looking well enough, both are possible), so just in case there's anyone who would like to see it that hasn't already, this is a fairly high quality version on Youku that I enjoyed, finally. 

Additionally, she has revealed on G+ that she is Oota Aika's understudy for Pajama Drive, as well as Iwahana Shino's understudy, so that would explain her recent surge of performances. I wonder if she isn't "on call" somehow for girls who can't participate? Shame about the others getting sick and I wish them well, but I'm happy Yuriya got some stage time that she might not otherwise have gotten.

DDOhydd.gif

#16 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:57 PM

So, quick update for the sake of promoting my favorite: she's still generally invisible in the grand scheme of things, but she sat in front of Haruppi for the election so she got on the screen when they showed her reactions, and you can see her shaking Yuko's hand at the graduation concert in the below video.

Spoiler

Something is better than nothing. And now that she's actually on a team, we (I) get to see her in MVs, finally. So yay.

DDOhydd.gif

#17 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:24 PM

She also sported a fantastically beautiful smile during the election pretty much every time the camera showed her, so that was nice too :)

#18 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:30 AM

It was a very genuine smile, I think, and that's what made it so pretty. She's a clear introvert so it's easy for her to get lost in the shuffle with as many boisterous girls as there are in HKT, but she seems to take natural delight in every part of being an idol. 

Here's her first appearance on Odekake back in January, solidifying her place as HKT's fashion leader (at least in the "unique" spectrum):

And a more recent video showcasing her clothes, from the HKT x Aquos campaign:

DDOhydd.gif

#19 sidhme

sidhme

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 305 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:35 PM

From her Seitansai this weekend:

tumblr_n79f4k7pef1snbnvmo7_1280.jpg

gallery_193409_1121_19598.jpg

#20 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:57 AM

Apparently those were only part of the flowers she received; she couldn't manage to get all of them. I don't think I'll be able to get her birthday shirt this year, sadly. :( It sold out in two days, there haven't been many up for auction and the ones that have have been way more expensive than they were last year. Oh well.

Also, she posted a handy video for those of us who would like to tell her 5 cats apart.

DDOhydd.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users