• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

So as some of you might be aware of, the highly anticipated MMORPG Guild Wars 2 will be released on August 28th. Those of us who know about the game probably know by now what's so special about it and why it's going to be such a big deal. As the creators put it "If you love MMOs, you'll want to check out Guild Wars 2, and if you hate MMOs, you'll really want to check out Guild Wars 2". If you're not familiar with it but interested I suggest you check out some trailers and look up some info (especially since there's no monthly subscription and you thus won't feel obligated to play it).

So anyway, I thought it'd be a nice idea to start up a Hello Project guild to socialize and adventure together. I'm not sure how many gamers we have on here but since Hello!Online has such a large user base and the game is insanely popular there might be enough people to make a fun in-game community of H!P lovers. You can join multiple guilds btw so don't worry about it if you want to join others as well. Just drop a line if you're interested or have any questions on anything!

What's more...since the game only releases the 28th no character names have been taken yet and I thought it'd be fun if we named one of our characters after a H!P member we like and join the 'Hello Project' guild so we'd kind of be emulating the real Hello Project. Of course you'd also have to make the character resemble the actual member with the character creator. It'd be pretty awesome to jump into PvP and kick ass with a group of MoMusu members for example. Since Hello Project fans are fewer in number than say...Harry Potter or Game of Thrones fans I bet it'd be much easier to grab names such as 'Michishige Sayumi', 'Suzuki Airi' and 'Tokunaga Chinami' in the first few hours after the game launches than names like 'Harry Potter' or 'Jon Snow' XD. I'll personally be aiming for the one in my current avatar :P.

Note that if you want to quickly grab a certain name you can just immediately click to the end of your character customization, pick your name, create the character and then delete it. This is because if you delete a character you'll exclusively have the right to use its name 24 hours after deletion, so you can just use that time to carefully create and craft a new character and give it the same name without anyone being able to grab it in the meantime. People who pre-purchased the game (like me) may enter the game two days earlier though and will have a slight time advantage. If you're really intent on getting a certain name someone who pre-purchased could try to reserve it for you by creating a character with that name and delete it afterwards at an agreed point at which you could grab the name 24 hours later.

It doesn't matter what forum you frequent, as long as you're a H!P fan and plan on getting the game hit me up and we might get enough members to establish a cozy guild and chat about H!P as we bash in minotaur skulls.

P.S. Kudos to whoever makes Tsunku

#2 なおぉ↑↑

なおぉ↑↑

Chappa Tribe : Momoclo's Slave 

• Senpai
  • 1879 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:45 AM

I'm considering buying the game ... but not too keen on creating a character name based on my idols haha.

#3 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

Could be hard.. I think different regions or even countries have their own specific GW2 servers, & h!p fans are found spread all over the globe

#4 Dran

Dran

Enlightened One | ½ of KIDS-Subs

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

^ That's not the case, as far as I'm aware. The game is region-locked in the sense that you can only log-in in the EU if you have the EU version of the game, but apparently the game servers are open to everyone. So even in the EU, you can still play with someone in NA.

But yeah, Kinjiru. We actually get access to the game 3 days early, not 2! :D
While I have no interest in naming myself after an Idol (though will potentially still play a female character), I'd love to join a guild with other H!P fans.

I've always played RP servers in games like WoW or LotRO. Nothing ruins my immersion faster than seeing characters run around named "xSephiroth7x" or some crap like that. And I'd much rather role play a character of my own invention than role play is my favourite Idol.

Perhaps I'll see you in game on the 25th. :)

#5 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

@naoo Don't worry, you don't have to if we're just creating a fan guild.

And yeah, like Dran explained the server you roll into only determines which side you fight on for WvW. Everyone is able to join and communicate with any player outside of that. We could roll into a single server but it's not necessary if you want to join a server with your own language.

I'll definitely be maining my human male thief and Asura Guardian of own creation as an avid RPer but I thought it'd be fun to grab these names for an alternate character while they're still available and emulating an existing team makes a funny impression, even moreso if the players have the original names instead of something unrealistic like 'XxLegolasxX'. Completely okay if people use original characters since the idea of a guild is just there so H!P fans can interact and help each other out within the game.

#6 thaipokecard

thaipokecard

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 614 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

I will buy the game but most likely won't get it on first day. (It's first week of my graduate student's life so I want to settle things first)
Just let me know the server and I will join.
...Signature in Progress...
Posted Image

#7 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Ah, I really struggled with Guardian in the beta. I'll probably roll an Elementalist, and perhaps a warrior or engineer as an alt.

#8 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

Haha, I loved crushing things as a guardian with my great sword! Not a lot of support but it does quite a lot of damage. I on the other hand couldn't quite get into the elementalist (even though I played one in 1) since I felt forced to continuously swap attunements to get the most out of my character. Ele is definitely going to be powerful in pvp when you get a grip on it, though...so many bloody options! And their spells are beautiful to look at.

#9 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

Yeah, in the beta I found Elementalist the easiest class to get the hang of. Perhaps due to the fact that my main was a Mage in WoW.
That said, my main in LotRO was a Captain, which is pretty similar to Guild Wars' Guardian, yet I struggled to get into the right mindset there.

So I dunno. I guess some people just find it easier to wrap their heads around certain play styles where others don't.

I never actually got around to playing GW1, come to think of it. I played quite a few MMOs for varying lengths of time, but back when my friends were playing GW, I was mostly playing WoW and Final Fantasy XI.
I hear a lot has changed between Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, but I'm pretty sure players of the original will probably have a bit of an advantage over the rest of us, even if I did play the Beta Weekend Events.

#10 なおぉ↑↑

なおぉ↑↑

Chappa Tribe : Momoclo's Slave 

• Senpai
  • 1879 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

I'll buy the game if the new counterstrike doesn't impress :/

#11 blindwhatif

blindwhatif

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

count me in for this! dont think ill be in the game til maybe a week after its initial release though
but being in a guild with people i know i would get along with would be quite nice!

Posted Image

All Credit goes to S-N-I-P-E-R for the beautiful set =) thanks again Sniper

#12 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

Awesome! Do you already have a class in mind? Wouldn't worry too much about GW1 players having an advantage since the gameplay, like the entirety of the game, is completely different from its predecessor. Pretty much only the world and lore has been carried over. Hell, I disliked the first one quite a bit since it wasn't even really an MMORPG and the moment I jumped in no one wanted to team up for early missions anymore.

#13 thaipokecard

thaipokecard

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 614 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:05 AM

^
I have the same expression when I want to try out GW1. It's hard to find someone who wants to help out newbie. Hopefully, by the time I join, people won't already get to end game content.
...Signature in Progress...
Posted Image

#14 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

Well, the way the dynamic events system works means you don't even need to party up for overworld content. You just walk into a zone where an event is taking place and start helping out.

#15 Picky

Picky

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 653 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

GW1 was really good aslong as you had a group to play it with, although when they made it easier to play on your own with heroes the player base became more individual and people slowly began to stop playing the game. :-(

I'm confident GW2 will be able to cater to most people's desires in a game and keep the sense of community the first game originally had. :-D

Posted Image

Top ---48:-1.Matsubara Natsumi -2.Tomomi Kasai -3. Iriyama Anna

#16 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

It's ironic how they implemented heroes so people could finish old missions if there weren't any groups available but it caused people to group up less, making it even harder to complete them for people without heroes. As has been said though, Guild Wars 2's missions scale in size depending on the amount of people participating and...it's just a completely different game where more actual people helping is always a good thing

#17 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

Eventually I will get this as I had a big stage of playing the first one, when I do I will certainly be up for joining any H!P guild you guys have set up.

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#18 Afya'15

Afya'15

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 884 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

!!!!
Didn't realize there are GW2 players here! I'm a 6 year+ GW1 player and going to play GW2. In GW2 you can join many guild at once without the need to dedicate to only one, so if there is a H!O community, I would be happy to join~

#19 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Looks like the final server list has been revealed this week.
http://www.pcgamer.c...-list-revealed/

What server are you guys planning on playing? In the stress tests I've been mostly on Whiteside Ridge (EU).

Server doesn't actually do much other than decide what team you will be on World vs World, but I figure it'll be good if we can all play on the same server anyway.

#20 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

I personally think Gandara would be a wise choice since it seems to be the server some well-known sites, like the guild wars 2 guru, will be joining and they have a lot of nice/helpful people. As you said though, it's only for WvW and if people want to join other servers it wouldn't be too much of a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users