• Please log in to reply
3013 replies to this topic

#2961 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:10 AM

From seeing the new outfits and the new performance ^ I do think there is a lot to offer from BM still and I know the change is something fans are not used to yet, but it hasn't took anything away from the high energy and great performances they still have. I do think the additional dancers adds a new element, however, BM at the core is the original three girls and to take one out and continue without her does bump the road for them.

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#2962 DrKeithsune

DrKeithsune

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:07 AM

From seeing the new outfits and the new performance ^ I do think there is a lot to offer from BM still and I know the change is something fans are not used to yet, but it hasn't took anything away from the high energy and great performances they still have. I do think the additional dancers adds a new element, however, BM at the core is the original three girls and to take one out and continue without her does bump the road for them.

BM does still have plenty to offer. In fact, it is mostly due to the strength of these performances that the damage of them not announcing Yui's presence on the US Tour was contained. A lot of people are complaining about the new Babymetal songs, but it's for a very good reason that the songs are 3 odd minutes long. That reason is to facilitate them being played in US radio. Both Distortion and Tattoo are destined to get onto US radio - if Amuse does the promotion right. There's still a lot we don't know. In fact, I'm almost convinced that Yui/Su/Moa are IN the Distortion PV.

#2963 DrKeithsune

DrKeithsune

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:00 AM

If anyone knows some of the English speaking Japanese Mosh Mates, please ask them to have this video translated and subtitled and SHOW it to Amuse's CEO/Chairman during the Shareholder's Meeting in June, 2018 and get his comments on it.

#2964 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:39 PM

If anyone knows some of the English speaking Japanese Mosh Mates, please ask them to have this video translated and subtitled and SHOW it to Amuse's CEO/Chairman during the Shareholder's Meeting in June, 2018 and get his comments on it.

As far as I remember he is doing his videos as a parody persona so not exactly something to be taken serious for such a meeting. Unless he made a non-persona video this time. Definitely not watching though, not my kind of humor.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#2965 DrKeithsune

DrKeithsune

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:14 AM

As far as I remember he is doing his videos as a parody persona so not exactly something to be taken serious for such a meeting. Unless he made a non-persona video this time. Definitely not watching though, not my kind of humor.

Usually, yes, but this one is quite serious, actually and many other fans agreed with him. He is also a Yuimetal fan, so...

#2966 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:02 AM

Please no, don't give crazy people a platform.

#2967 vutt

vutt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2529 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:59 PM

I'm back from Innsbruck and thought I'd share my concert experience from hello project/jpop(Itano Tomomi) fan perspective.

This wasn't my 1st Babymetal concert experience. I have seen them at Wembley few years ago. 

So good parts:

- I still can't believe how good Suzuka vocal skills are. Also it was nice to hear Moa singing as well.

- Innsbruck crowd was pretty good. Even some crowd surfing was present. Although it really get going around Akatsuki. I might be biased little bit here since in my book Akatsuki is the best Babymetal song ever.

- Sound was good. However I was right next to sound mixing engineer booth in the center. I have heard that folks standing next to woofers had somewhat different experience. 

- I have seen a lot of hate towards new "Muscle Metal" back dancers around Internet, but I think they added distinct flavor to performance. Fight scene imitation between them was indeed very "muscular".

- I actually kind of like new Babymetal visual direction with leather outfits and heavy makeup. No more frills and knee socks. Good since they are now young adults.

Parts that needs to be improved:

- Only 1h concert! Really!?! And no extra songs! Also it wasn't scheduled the best way. Kind of bland warm-up band had 30min gig and then it took another 30min to set up stage for main concert. I guess I have been spoiled with Hello-project/Itano Tomomi solo concerts lasting always more that 1h30min. Usually close to 2 hours actually. Their Wembley concert was more that 1,5h if I remember correctly and they were younger back then. So what happened?

Parts that I couldn't stand at all:

- Modern cell phone generation at concerts? And I'm not talking about few photos here and there. I'm talking about filming entire songs. Me watching "Gimme Chocolate!!" between 2 very hairy hands holding up what appeared to be galaxy note sized device sporting full brightness is burned into my memory now forever.

Now I need to experience Babymetal concert in Japan. I wonder how it feels without mobile phone illumination.

All in all no regrets spending money for that trip. Plus Innsbruck turned up to be truly beautiful place.

#2968 Shells

Shells

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:24 PM

Saw them in Atlanta and I agree with a lot of this. Su is SO GOOD live. And yeah, I actually really enjoyed the dancers a lot. They were sharp and just fun to watch. Yui absence aside, I don't mind the new additions to the live shows at all. And I am high-key in love with the new outfits.

AND AGREED ON CELL PHONES. I took a few pictures at the beginning of songs, but no full videos or anything... unlike the people in front of me. I get wanting a memento/something to look back on from a concert, but I want to watch the concert, not your phone screen.

Sidenote: The Babymetal graphic novel twitter has posted a couple of new art images and I'm stoked for this. It looks great. Placing them under a cut for size.

https://twitter.com/BABYMETAL_GN

Spoiler

#2969 Chisa no Mark

Chisa no Mark

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:35 AM

For me, the paucity of kawaii is a deal breaker. I saw them live twice and I thought I would adore Babymetal forever. The new songs can't begin to compare with the likes of IDZ, Megitzune and a plethora of others. They are boring as hell. The new costumes with the eye make-up is repugnant. SG has lots of cuties, I'd settle for  a replacement for Yui if they'd just keep the kawaii and the genuinely inspired music.

#2970 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:35 PM

^ agree, I frankly don't care for their current image.

But even worse I think their music has become the opposite of fun which was made me like them in the first place - the new songs are bland and quite boring and I already didn't like half of the last album, I mean what is the point of THEM doing prog-metal.

#2971 Chisa no Mark

Chisa no Mark

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 338 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:36 AM

The picture on the video above is vaguely symbolic of what Babymetal was. NOW it's like the same picture without Yui in it. (the picture)

#2972 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:37 PM

I always liked babymetals more serious songs but it is starting to get boring. The new songs are good but they don't pop like the old ones did, they sound more like album filler than songs like Iine, Gimmee Chocolate, and Road of Resistance which were designed to grab your attention. Distortion is a pretty fun song and I listen to it a lot. Elevator Girl and Tattoo and nice and I haven't heard enough of them to really make a judgement but right now they just seem like cheap knockoffs of past songs. Still enjoyable, because even a cheap knockoff of babymetal is pretty fun but nothing to write home about. In the name of is boring af tho. Babymetal Death gets you hyped up, In the name of puts me to sleep.

The new outfits are really cute and cool at the same time. What ruins it for me is the hair and makeup. Those headbands look super awkward to me. 

I probably won't be buying the book, unless I really like the art on the inside. I don't care much about the lore. I do look forward to them announcing a new album soon and will definitely buy that. If Yui doesn't come back I might change my mind, but my desire to have the full set is winning out for now. but... *sigh* babymetal just isn't as fun as it used to be right now. I hope things get better soon.

One good thing to finish things off: I'm very impressed with Moa in these recent performances. I never really liked her much (compared to the others) but now I'm finding myself much more drawn to her.

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

#2973 DrKeithsune

DrKeithsune

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:50 PM

So, the shareholders actually asked the Amuse Chairman some questions about Babymetal, and he did answer. He was a lot more open than Koba has been and this is what he had to say:

Q5: How do the head of the company, managing director, producer see the the current situation of BABYMETAL? Do they feel BABYMETAL is facing a crisis right now? I think a crisis for BABYMETAL could mean a future crisis for Amuse. What are your considerations for the future of BABYMETAL?

A5: The American and European tour were held in a different form compared to the traditional one. We are trying to explore in several ways, and consider whether that course of action is good. We're preparing for the October's show in Japan. We don't perceive BABYMETAL as being in a crisis. They still need to keep going with their growth. By all means, please look forward to October's show in Japan.

Q7: The question overlaps a bit, anyway it's about BABYMETAL's YUIMETAL. Since her absence from last December's show in Hiroshima, 7 months have passed. She was also absent from the tour abroad. I guess you're aware of the turmoil on Tweeter. I'd like you to tell the reason why she isn't currently taking part, and why Amuse didn't make any official announcement.

A7: Mizuno Yui was absent last December because of poor physical health. The company has never in the past - and never will in the future - make official comments about the future prospects of individual artists. We'd like you to keep supporting them and looking forward to the future BABYMETAL activities. What we can say with certainty is, 1 - Mizuno Yui's physical condition is getting better [could also mean she recovered, I think]. 2 - She is a member of Amuse.

Q8: BABYMETAL is for Amuse a big asset for their business abroad. However, the current foreign live shows have been different from the past. There's a lot of fans who miss a three member BABYMETAL. Please tell us if YUIMETAL will be back on stage.

A8: BABYMETAL is doing this chapter 7 with a change in the number of people. We did this thinking of it as a form of challenge, but this format might not continue forever. We can neither confirm or deny. Please keep your ongoing support, including this current challenge.

Translated by u/gakushabaka of the BM Subreddit.

#2974 Lastblade

Lastblade

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:19 PM

I've been waiting for this for a long time, fortunately it seems to be good news, was concerned especially about the health of Yui.

Thanks for posting it, and to gakushabaka for the translation!

#2975 DrKeithsune

DrKeithsune

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:45 PM

Babymetal will be in Australia in December at the Good Things Fest! They'll be in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane on the 7th,8th & 9th of December, 2018.

For more details click here

#2976 gobzilla

gobzilla

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 04:53 PM

This is it : Yui is leaving Babymetal for good. :x

http://loudwire.com/...song-starlight/

All this "it's the narrative" BS... for this :x I can't say I'm surprised, but still.

#2977 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:33 PM

I wonder just what sort of illness she has. It's mentioned that it's hereditary and I recall an old video where she talks about before joining Sakura Gakuin that she knew Hinata and was a fan of hers and that she used to listen to Sakura Gakuin songs while visiting her family in the hospital.

Anyway, I wish Yui a full recovery and all the best in her future endeavors.

#2978 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:51 AM

^ no, she knew Ayami because their parents were friends - and it was Karen Girls (Ayami and Su) songs she listened to. (it couldn't be Ssakura Gakuin because they didn't record anything until Yui had joined them).

Anyway I doubt that hospital thing has anything to do with it, that sounded like an emergency.

#2979 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:33 AM

^ no, she knew Ayami because their parents were friends - and it was Karen Girls (Ayami and Su) songs she listened to. (it couldn't be Ssakura Gakuin because they didn't record anything until Yui had joined them).

Anyway I doubt that hospital thing has anything to do with it, that sounded like an emergency.

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPVx7IazcEw

Ah, memory is a little fuzzy on it due to it being quite a while ago.. thanks for the clarification. :)

#2980 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:34 AM

Anyone who seriously thought she'd return was delusional or at the very least uninformed about how this business works. For her sake I'm glad she's out now. She was in terrible condition for a while, I guess this life wasn't just for her. I'll gladly wait for her health both physically and mentally to return so we can see her as an actress or Elevenplay dancer, finally doing what she loves. And now finally the circlejerking part of the fanbase will shut up about her. It says a lot about how annoying the fans were that I as a Yui fan can't even fully grief the whole thing. 

BM will need to work out a solid concept again now. Besides the obvious being down one member all the staff shenanigans we had need to be made up for too. 

The new song is good, I like it a lot. I like them trying using a 9-string guitar now. Wonder if they'll use it just as gimmick for this one song or if it will become an actual writing tool.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users