#1 aragon5

aragon5

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

Posted Image

Members【Profile】
BABYMETAL【SU-METAL (Vocal,Dance) / YUIMETAL (Scream,Dance) / MOAMETAL (Scream,Dance) 】

In 2010, BABYMETAL was formed a unit on the theme of "Kawaii METAL" (The meaning is mix of J-POP IDOL and HEAVY METAL). The music video of "DOKI DOKI☆MORNIG" was published on YouTube, then access from overseas flooded with many comments shocked, and its presence have spread not only in Japan but also to overseas such as North America, South America, Europe and Asia. BABYMETAL is starting to receive attention beyond the idle and beyond Japan, and they are pursuing the road of the only one instead of the number one.

★ Official Site : http://www.babymetal.jp/
★ Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/BABYMETAL.jp
★ Twitter : @BABYMETAL_JAPAN

Singles Digital Singles

★【Doki Doki☆Morning】

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QbAXXXOJF8&feature=youtu.be

【My First HEAVY METAL in TOKYO 2012】
【Iine!】
★【Iine!】~Live in TOKYO 2012~ http://youtu.be/stmFt7GaM-Q

* BABYMETAL New Song MUSIC CLIP「Headbangeeeeerrrrr!!!!!」
4.JULY.2012 Available!!

New Single at Amazon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GErGfHjHQ0&feature=g-music

Posted Image

#2 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

I really am loving the new single and MV. The whole thing is an explosion of creative awesomeness

TEAM TAKECHAN

#3 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

Erm...ain't the Sakura Gakuin thread enough?

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#4 aragon5

aragon5

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

BABYMETAL

The group first appeared on Sakura Gakuin's debut album Sakura Gakuin 2010 Nendo ~message~ in April 2011, performing the track "Do・Ki・Do・Ki☆MORNING". In October 2011 they released a DVD containing the music video for the song.

#5 Mr.Woofington

Mr.Woofington

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

This was just discussed in the Sakura Gakuin thread--- sub-group BABYMETAL eclipsing its main group Sakura Gakuin.

Babymetal is gaining world-wide attention because it's completely unique. The gimmick is simple: "Little girls singing heavy metal?!" The domain of aggressive bearded guys has been breached by CUTIE☆STYLE and amazingly, it works! The music is innovative and well-composed. The new single "Hedobangya!!" is a major feat of legitimate metal composition. Metal fans cannot ignore BABYMETAL.

Babymetal transcends the idol music genre. People with no interest in idol singers enjoy Babymetal. I think this is a bitter pill for Sakura Gakuin fans to swallow, because we love all the sub-units and want success for the group as a whole. I discovered SG through "Doki-Doki Morning". I loved it, investigated, found another SG sub-unit called TWINKLESTARS, and was completely hooked. But, I am not typical of the world audience.

I am very proud of Babymetal and wish them much success.

But I also want to see new Twinklestars videos!!

#6 aragon5

aragon5

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

Posted Image

BABYMETAL: NO MUSIC, NO IDOL?

In preparations for their new release, the highly popular, fast rising, idol group BABYMETAL have entered into a deal with Tower Records.
The collaboration is called “NO MUSIC, NO IDOL?”

As part of this campaign these limited edition posters shown below are being handed out on a first come first get situation.

BABYMETAL will also be performing at select Tower Record stages in July and will see the addition of a DJ.

To attend the live, you must have the ticket that comes in their July 4 new release.

So what do you think about the posters, they really look like a different group than before?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 iheartmanochan

iheartmanochan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

Erm...ain't the Sakura Gakuin thread enough?

That's exactly what I was thinking.
I saw no BABYMETAL thread a while ago, and I was going to make one, but then I was thought BABYMETAL is a subunit, I'm not sure if it's okay to have it's own thread since it's not it's own group.
But if it's okay, then I'm happy :wub:

Tokyo Girls Style  PASSPO☆★ Fairies ★ MM ANGERME

Juice=JuiceE-girlsSilent SirenFAKY

Jpop Music Review Blog

#8 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

Lots of sub units and side groups have their own threads on here anyway. I don't see why this one is any different. I'm sure fans of the main groups would prefer that the threads don't get clogged with talk about a sub unit.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#9 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

Spoiler

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#10 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

Why unnecessary? Do you imagine feelings of tru metal fans, that have to deal with these f*kkin cute kids from SG?

Posted Image

#11 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

There's no reason why this thread should be deleted. BABYMETAL has enough stuff to warrant its own thread. They are a successful sub-group, and as such one can share information regarding them and their activity here, in this thread, just like there exists threads on Not yet, Watarirouka Hashiritai 7, No Sleeves and so on - in other words other sub groups.

So, the thread is welcome.

#12 CemeteryRust

CemeteryRust

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:46 AM

I'm a huge Metal fan from North America. I stumbled across Jpop a few years back on a website called Ebaumsworld. Someone posted a Mini Moni MV and for some reason i was hooked. SO I researched other MV's and found Morning musume and Berryz Koubou. For a metal head this is def a strange genre to like. But Jpop is my secret obsession. Then this morning i stumbled on BABYMETAL cause of a download on here. And all I have to say is HOME RUN m/ !!! Abt time these 2 genre's fused together.

#13 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:11 AM

^
You should check out Vocaloid artist "Yuyoyuppe" then. He is doing that (with a Vocaloid though) for years.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#14 LovelyPrincessP

LovelyPrincessP

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1015 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:38 AM

My reaction when I saw this topic: Huh?

Well, I personally thought the Sakura Gakuin thread was enough but since they're gaining so much outside attention I guess it is appropriate. I personally feel it should be mentioned that they are indeed a Sakura Gakuin subunit in the first post of the thread for those not in the know but that's just me being a completist/nitpicky. XD

@CemetaryRust: Lol, Minimoni was my "introduction" to J-Pop too, I found them through my Hamtaro obsession though. I'm not a metal head per se but I do enjoy the genre, I'll go from a SOAD track to a Minimoni track and then on to Perfume without missing a beat so no shame in your game. I second iwabo's recommendation for Yuyoyuppe
Spoiler

and I'd say to also check out Momoiro Clover Z's Moretsu Uchu Kokyokyou Dai 7 Gakusho "Mugen no Ai".

Spoiler

Posted Image

~Forever A Koharu Kusumi Oshi~

#15 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

Badass idols are so cute, babymetal is not exception XD Not that this is genre of music that I enjoy listening to... kind of losing interest after a few minutes of death, black or whatever, this however has been awesome right from the beginning :respect:

So funny when metel fans don't realise that this is an idol act and not the real deal XD

Anyways...

Freak accident discovery of the day:

Start Headbanger PV on mute and AKB48's Hana to Chire! at the same time. :blink:

#16 CemeteryRust

CemeteryRust

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

Ahhh trust me i know the diffrence. But just seeing jpop girls rocking out to some speed metal background music. Is quite refreshing.

@Iwabo and Princess..... I'll def give that a look.

#17 melonpan♪

melonpan♪

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2756 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

#18 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

Lol including neck braces in the limited press release is such a funny idea.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#19 aragon5

aragon5

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1VcALNJsxk&feature=plcp

:lol: Kawaii girl Japan............. :good:

#20 Nao-kun

Nao-kun

Seeding is Sexy

• Senpai
  • 5921 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

^
^
the neck brace will come in handy when I spot the consequence of being spontaneous on my next credit card statement XD 32 copies on order lol.

On another note, sometimes I almost wish videos like that wouldn't gain international attention, the comments on youtube are like all over the place from plain stupid to racist to just sick...
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users