• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#201 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:33 AM

Eh, similar, but definitely not the same.

'Nido aru...' is more of a warning, like, "bad habits will keep happening if you're not careful."

'When it rains...' is a fatalistic statement, that it's all going south and there's nothing you can do about it except wait it out.

Contextually, she is talking about her own shortcoming in failing to listen to the advice she's given, and she uses the idiom to indicate that she does have to be careful, or else she will continue to experience these mishaps. 'When it rains...' does not make sense in this context at all, because that's not what she said.

You can extrapolate that to mean whatever you want, since y'all are clearly determined to make this into something much bigger than it is and turn it into a whole metaphor about how the soup represents the two paths of romance and idolhood and how she has to choose just one blah blah blah but ultimately she does not really regret her decision to get two soups (she loves her soups, that is the true takeaway in all of this), nor does she indicate any particular sense of frustration, anger, resentment, or any hint of being upset. Leave her soup alone. 

DDOhydd.gif

#202 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:47 AM

The more colloquial version of that English expression is "When it rains, it pours."  I hear it more in the South though.  We love our idioms.

That said, the context of the Japanese idiom is slightly different in this case.  While the English idiom is about how bad things often happen all at once, the Japanese expression is more about recognizing when a pattern won't change.  That makes it a good comparison between the idioms, but not entirely a one-to-one comparison.

^whoops, didn't realize we were on another page. I've been bad about that recently

#203 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:02 AM

ya .. its just an idea ..
The English expression is just a reference to the Japanese idiom ..
So actually if we can get someone who know for sure what does the Japanese idiom means then it would be more enlightening..

The real way to understand it is how the younger or modern Japanese uses this idiom in normal life ..
I think even if we can get a textbook definition .. it tend to change when met with the modern internet and pop culture ..
and of course the tone matter too ..

But anyway ..
I tend to believe that she is just simply playing with the Japanese idiom as a pun with the general idea of some thing bad ..
and I don't think it got to do with the scandal because that would be admitting that the scandal is true ..
and H!P management has always been smarter than that and would have made sure to black out all these stuff ..

#204 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:48 PM

.You can extrapolate that to mean whatever you want, since y'all are clearly determined to make this into something much bigger than it is and turn it into a whole metaphor about how the soup represents the two paths of romance and idolhood and how she has to choose just one blah blah blah but ultimately she does not really regret her decision to get two soups (she loves her soups, that is the true takeaway in all of this), nor does she indicate any particular sense of frustration, anger, resentment, or any hint of being upset. Leave her soup alone. 

Considering the timing of which she posted the blog post, and how easily that particular sentence could fit into the context of the scandal, it's inevitable that fans will speculate and analyse it. For me personally, it looks like she's talking about the situation subtly in a way that won't get her into trouble. At the very least, that's what I got from the original translations which is what I first saw. You might not see it that way but others do and that's fine. No need to make it seem like we're trying to make the situation bigger than it is when that's not the case at all (for me at least, can't speak for everyone). 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#205 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:58 PM

Minami is the core of Kobushi Factory

#206 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:20 PM

^^ Fair enough, although I was mostly referring to Ares, who does love his elaborate conspiracy theories.

Now I need a Charlie Day conspiracy meme with pictures of Kobushi Factory everywhere.

DDOhydd.gif

#207 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:07 PM

^ I do not have conspiracy theories .. I am only identifying red flags when I see it .. :P

#208 Pyo-Kiyo

Pyo-Kiyo

Kobushi Factory Fan

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:58 PM

New profile pic

91513c2aa79eaac219276186c13f2c625995d441

<3 Kobushi "MAGNOLIA" Factory  :respect:

#209 Shibami

Shibami

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:25 PM

Minami looks great! :'3

MM- Ogata/10ki. Angerme- Kamiko. J=J- Ruru. Kobushi- MinaMina. Tsubaki- Risamaru. 

Yamazaki Yuhane

[Keyakizaka46]

#210 Shibami

Shibami

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:56 PM

DQjwa5-U8AAV-1g.jpg

DQm4OPIUMAAN2-E.jpg

DQnaFVjVwAESMr-.jpg

The last one is just hilarious haha

MM- Ogata/10ki. Angerme- Kamiko. J=J- Ruru. Kobushi- MinaMina. Tsubaki- Risamaru. 

Yamazaki Yuhane

[Keyakizaka46]

#211 yeahman

yeahman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:30 AM

Wow her desk is very... white

#212 Shibami

Shibami

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 196 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:16 PM

DSJBp_uVQAAAdCk.jpg

From Chel blog :3

Yamazaki Yuhane

[Keyakizaka46]

#213 KABTX

KABTX

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 361 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

Mini-chan has passed away.

https://ameblo.jp/ko...2341709381.html

She always had so many cute pictures of Mini on her blog. Didn't another member lose a pet recently, too?

#214 lee@

lee@

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 961 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:01 PM

I had a wave of dread pass over me, then I read it again...

Kanatomo's cat.

#215 LiamMusume

LiamMusume

Mitsui Aika、Wada Ayaka、Iikubo Haruna

• Senpai
  • 2454 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:04 AM

After listening to Minami's birthday event from 2017, I was wondering does anyone have a DVD RIP or ISO of her 2016 birthday event?
I would love to see the full performances of the songs that she performed :)

#216 Shibami

Shibami

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:19 PM

Minamina! <3

DT1ADn5VQAAvT-D.jpgDTtb-VeUMAAZ7PU.jpgDQCuDBxV4AAWpOp.jpg                         DTpKqetVQAEUi_x.jpg

DTpKqetUQAAN7t0.jpg

Yamazaki Yuhane

[Keyakizaka46]

#217 Shibami

Shibami

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:46 PM

Minami will attend the university this spring!!! Congrats  :wub:

DUM_aypVAAANG-A.jpg

Yamazaki Yuhane

[Keyakizaka46]

#218 Shibami

Shibami

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:43 PM

Pics ><

DUtqsDzU8AEGmlA.jpgDUsjDRQVoAI_aXX.jpg

Yamazaki Yuhane

[Keyakizaka46]

#219 Pyo-Kiyo

Pyo-Kiyo

Kobushi Factory Fan

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:44 PM

Minami is so beatiful!

<3 Kobushi "MAGNOLIA" Factory  :respect:

#220 Niguritto

Niguritto

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:09 AM

^^^Let Minamina work at Daaishi’s family’s bakery lol
Also I came upon this video showing Minamina’s facial expressions during her dancing, I never noticed before but it’s hilarious

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users