• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#661 AikawaMahoFTW

AikawaMahoFTW

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:29 PM

^ 10/10 Amazing.Really liked it, and now a Dempagumi fan.Upbeat and I love it! . NEMUUUUUUUUUUU 

hi my new favorite group is basically all of j=j pls help me from this unending maho

FIESTA FIESTA IS HERE MY DUDES ITS AMAZING OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD

#662 banana

banana

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 622 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:25 PM

7/10.. I like it but kind of typical song from them.. I like something like Cherie more :c18:

#663 bloop7676

bloop7676

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 271 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:55 PM

^ 7/10 Alright, but not really to my tastes.  I've never really been much of a Takui fan though  :ph34r:

This is from O2Jam, which is more or less like a Korean version of Beatmania; while it's a Korean song, it sounds very Japanese-influenced.  In typical rhythm game music style, it has rather elaborately arranged synth patterns everywhere, which I like very much. 

#664 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:49 AM

8/10. It's really pretty. : )

I've been playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and the songs have been really good. Personally, my favorite has been Reincarnation, sung by Yoshino Nanjo (voices Kiria in-game, and is known for her role of Ayase Eli in Love Live!). I've been replaying it a lot lately. : P

#665 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:06 PM

^8/10 really nice and kind of fits the theme of the songs I have stuck in my head. I especially like the instrumental. 

This one lacks something... maybe an extra punch (pun intended) but I am still so hyped for the new album! :ongaku: I have been listening to it so much now that the thing I feel is missing is starting to fade. 

#666 bloop7676

bloop7676

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 271 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:04 AM

7/10 I can see what you mean about it feeling a bit incomplete - maybe it lacks a part that really gets you going or something.  I'm kind of biased though, as I've always found Delain and similar bands a bit too poppy for my tastes.  Charlotte seems to be sounding quite good on this track though - her voice was sounding really strained for a while imo, so it's good that she seems to be singing more comfortably again.

As far as the female fronted melodic metal bands go, something like this is more my speed: (yes, another Edenbridge track lol.  Along with Amberian Dawn and the earliest Nightwish stuff, they're my favourite of that type of band by a fair bit)

Hmm, I seem to have gotten post #666 - I should probably be posting something more evil sounding \m/

#667 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:42 AM

8/10 Strong start and kinda melancholic(?) finish, nice song. 

Mafia Musume/Morning Mafioso

mafia_musume_banner_by_supermariabros-d5

Deviantart . Pixiv . Tumblr

H!P Comics

#668 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:01 PM

7/10 it's not in my music tastes, but I quite enjoyed it. the instrumental is very nice

#669 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:11 PM

^ 6/10 This was not what I expected at all! It is fun but I am not sure if I like it or not. 

Yesterday was their anniversary so I might as well share some Predia:

7/10 I can see what you mean about it feeling a bit incomplete - maybe it lacks a part that really gets you going or something.  I'm kind of biased though, as I've always found Delain and similar bands a bit too poppy for my tastes.  Charlotte seems to be sounding quite good on this track though - her voice was sounding really strained for a while imo, so it's good that she seems to be singing more comfortably again.

As far as the female fronted melodic metal bands go, something like this is more my speed: (yes, another Edenbridge track lol.  Along with Amberian Dawn and the earliest Nightwish stuff, they're my favourite of that type of band by a fair bit)

Intresting! I only got into Delain because of Marco, I ended up only listening to the songs he featured in. Now I kind of like them, at least some of the tracks without Marco. I was quite sad because he is not in their upcoming album at all. Nightwish is in such a weird spot for me, I listened to them as a kid and now I am back in, can understand what the songs mean and well the drama was quite a mess. I thought that Bye Bye Beautiful and End Of All Hope were by the same woman as a kid, or I did not think about it at the time.  ^^; I have never listened to anything by Edenbridge before, I will check them out for a while before Arch Enemy goes up on the Wacken stream.

#670 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 12:23 PM

^ 10/10 it's my favorite predia song right now (previously it was Going to ride). I really wish Morning Musume does a similar song in a castle with black & golden short dresses centered by Sakura.

Here I go with some Bulgarian pop.

#671 bloop7676

bloop7676

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 271 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:31 AM

^ 7.5/10  I wasn't expecting to like it very much, but it was pretty interesting.  Definitely a different sound from the usual.

Here's some newish Rhapsody (I still consider pretty much everything after they split apart to be "new").  It's maybe longer than it needed to be, but those guitar and keyboard solos are pretty cool.

Intresting! I only got into Delain because of Marco, I ended up only listening to the songs he featured in. Now I kind of like them, at least some of the tracks without Marco. I was quite sad because he is not in their upcoming album at all. Nightwish is in such a weird spot for me, I listened to them as a kid and now I am back in, can understand what the songs mean and well the drama was quite a mess. I thought that Bye Bye Beautiful and End Of All Hope were by the same woman as a kid, or I did not think about it at the time.  ^^; I have never listened to anything by Edenbridge before, I will check them out for a while before Arch Enemy goes up on the Wacken stream.

Yeah, Delain definitely has some major connections in that genre haha.  Personally, I like Charlotte's voice on many of their songs, but the compositions and arrangements aren't wild enough for me (too poppy, as I put it before lol).  I'll also agree that NW is pretty messed up these days.  I was mostly into Oceanborn and some of Wishmaster myself, but I kind of casually followed them until the drama really made my interest fade off after a while.  Bye Bye Beautiful is probably the funniest song to imagine as being by the same person as the old stuff though, with what it's supposedly about.  :lol:

Oh yeah, with Edenbridge, I strongly recommend looking at their earlier work first - it's a lot stronger and more distinctive imo.  For some reason, they started to go in a much less interesting direction after a while, and I think their newer stuff doesn't really show off what they're capable of.

#672 Fluffis

Fluffis

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:22 PM

^6/10 I like how it reminds me a bit of Avenged Sevenfold at sections. 

I had no idea they had started to tease the new album, I also have not seen youtube comments this nice in ages. 

^ 10/10 it's my favorite predia song right now (previously it was Going to ride). I really wish Morning Musume does a similar song in a castle with black & golden short dresses centered by Sakura.

Here I go with some Bulgarian pop.

MM in stylish dresses would be an nice change and probably a great PV too. 
The Bulgarian song takes me back to 2011 when I used to listen to Inna. I think this is why I like Dream Road's instrumental so much, it reminds me a bit of that time. 

Yeah, Delain definitely has some major connections in that genre haha.  Personally, I like Charlotte's voice on many of their songs, but the compositions and arrangements aren't wild enough for me (too poppy, as I put it before lol).  I'll also agree that NW is pretty messed up these days.  I was mostly into Oceanborn and some of Wishmaster myself, but I kind of casually followed them until the drama really made my interest fade off after a while.  Bye Bye Beautiful is probably the funniest song to imagine as being by the same person as the old stuff though, with what it's supposedly about.  :lol:

Oh yeah, with Edenbridge, I strongly recommend looking at their earlier work first - it's a lot stronger and more distinctive imo.  For some reason, they started to go in a much less interesting direction after a while, and I think their newer stuff doesn't really show off what they're capable of.

I am guessing Martijn Westerholt is responsible for a lot of the connections to older band members and Charlotte with Alissa. Getting Sharon and Marco on the debut album is a pretty big deal. I think the las round of the Nightwish drama ended in 2013, Jukka's insomnia has not been dramatic. I hope the Anette thing was the last round of the drama at least. Edenbridge's Higher was great.  :)

#673 bloop7676

bloop7676

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:45 AM

^ 7.5/10 Had some pretty good parts and nice lyrics.  That was also one of the more interesting uses of live footage I've seen in a video.

Here's something totally different - a J-core Love Live remix.  Extremely, extremely genki ^-^

I think the las round of the Nightwish drama ended in 2013, Jukka's insomnia has not been dramatic. I hope the Anette thing was the last round of the drama at least. Edenbridge's Higher was great.  :)

Yeah, I hope so.  Who knows though, the Anette one came pretty much out of nowhere as far as I could tell.

If you haven't already, you should also check out Sunrise in Eden (probably Edenbridge's best song imo).  I posted it in here somewhere before :P

#674 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:15 AM

^7/10 I'd probably like that song more if it wasn't the remix

MizukiRina

Twitter

#675 Snowflake

Snowflake

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:27 AM

8, I recently got into that song XD

Anime song for fun

Fall Down Seven Times, Stand up Eight 

Nana Korobi Ya Oki 

#676 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:06 AM

9/10: That brings back the childhood memories, since Tokyo Mew Mew was one of my first animes. 

I blame Hetalia: Paint it White! for getting this freaking song stuck in my head. So, I'll pick this. Enjoy. : D

#677 Kaeseki

Kaeseki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1476 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:26 AM

7/10:  I'm not a huge fan of anime or videos with still pictures.  Despite that, the slow pace of the song is useful in picking up Japanese.  Kinda interesting the Japanese and Korean words for Soviet/Soviet Union are nearly identical.

Here is some North K-Pop:

#MAGA

#678 miyooooons

miyooooons

mother

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:47 PM

^ 7/10 It's really pretty and vintage-sounding but also kinda creepy at the same time since it's from North Korea. I've heard they're "stuck in the 60's" persay, so the fact that the song sounds old but it probably sounds "current" to them is a little unsettling, and the lyrics are a bit creepy considering the kind of place they live in too, haha. But it is still nice sounding!

Here's some brand new South K-pop to contrast! This song kind of sounds J-poppy to me.

MM:  A: 

J=J: ⬤ TF: 

BY:   ON: 

ALUM: Meimi Maasa KSSU'23: Yulia / Hinoha / Rena ~ edited: 2023/12/29

#679 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:38 PM

5/10 It's a quality song I guess but I'm really not into that side of KPOP. 

Here goes a band I've just found out and I'm super obsessed with! I love their sound.

#680 banana

banana

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 622 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:27 PM

8/10 - kinda surprised that i actually like it..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users