• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#1 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 06:37 AM

I watched Taiwan Meteor Garden Season 1 but never watched season 2. Never read it's manga so i don't really know how close Taiwan drama is following the manga. I watched the 1st episode of recently JDrama Hana Yori Dango and it rox!!

Rui - Oguri Shun > Zhou Zhe Ming.
And i guess all other actors in Jdrama also hav better acting skills than Taiwan version.

#2 Ruroshin

Ruroshin

7th gen member

• Uploader
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 06:47 AM

I just finished the 2nd jdama episode and its getting better. The taiwanese version was fairly accurate until the end and also it was set in university instead of high school like the manga.

The production for jdrama version also seems more polished and expensive. Everything looks great so far. The Jdrama version has lots of difference to the manga but thats to be expected since it gonna have to sqeeze the whole show in 10-11 episodes.

#3 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 09:27 AM

KY decided to go and read it's manga.
The first few minutes already beat the Meteor Garden.... wow limousine humvee ::(:

Altho i don't like the Arashi guy, i think his acting is still better than Taiwan F4. I can see his sadness/loneliness in his eye.

#4 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:13 AM

hana yori dango is the best selling shoujo manga in japan.. 50 million copies

watch the anime too anime >>>>> drama
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

#5 maikosaiko

maikosaiko

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 06:29 PM

i read a manga long ago, and somehow i lost interest... and stopped reading. now the drama is up, and wow, so far, i'll have to say this is great. hopefully i can watch anime of this :(
ZONE gave me the strength and energy to my life... they're just like vitamins.
Posted Image

#6 firexfly5

firexfly5

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:23 AM

I have not read the manga or watched the Taiwanese version but I'm currently watching Hana Yori Dango and it's really good! I really like it =]

The storyline and characters are all so interesting.. I love it!

#7 doinkies

doinkies

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 05:43 PM

doinkies first got into HYD by watching the anime a long time ago before it got licensed. Then I read the manga (again, before it got licensed...now that it's licensed in doinkies' country, doinkies is collecting the official English tankies. But I also have the Japanese tankies.), and watched Meteor Garden and the now-forgotten 1993 Japanese live-action movie (and there's a good reason why it's forgotten, it's TERRIBLE). Then I watched this J-drama, and I think it's very good so far. Much better than the movie.

Oddly, doinkies has not gotten the HYD anime DVDs yet. doinkies must remedy this immediately, because doinkies recalls liking the anime.
Posted Image

H!P fan since 2001!

#8 GenoSv

GenoSv

7th gen member

• Uploader
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:53 AM

Is there a taiwanese version of this too? Never knew.
Anyway, seen the first to eps of the jdrama, and I love it!! (mostly because of all the good looking actors :lol:)

Altho i don't like the Arashi guy, i think his acting is still better than Taiwan F4. I can see his sadness/loneliness in his eye.

Matsumoto Jun isn't there to act good, he's there so me and the japanese girls have something to stare at. :o
Seriously though, the acting is pretty bad, and that part at the beginning of the first ep where Jun (whatever he's name now is in the show)
Spoiler

#9 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 05:09 AM

i still think everyone in Hana Yori Dango still act better than ppl in Meteor Garden. :lol:

*currently in HYD mood*

#10 Mugen

Mugen

誰かが君を想ってる

• Senpai
  • 479 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:42 AM

yea, jun matsumoto cant act. he only has that same old face expression thruout the show just like gokusen.

that humvee limo was PIMP!

#11 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:29 AM

yea, jun matsumoto cant act. he only has that same old face expression thruout the show just like gokusen.

that humvee limo was PIMP!

For me, Jun is pass.

about the humvee..... wait until u see Nanako with Ferrari 360. ::lol::

#12 Mugen

Mugen

誰かが君を想ってる

• Senpai
  • 479 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:33 AM

nanako = tsukasa's sister right?

i didnt dl eps 3 yet. -.- my connection has been slow today

#13 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:57 AM

Yup :c40:

#14 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:00 AM

photo spam:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#15 maikosaiko

maikosaiko

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:02 AM

TV drama ratings last week :

1. kikenna aneki (21.1%) [watching]
2. hana yori dango (19.3%) [watching]

3 & 4 : some obasan dorama

5. nobuta wo produce (17.0 %) [watching]

kind of suprising that hana yori dango isn't #1.
and where is "1 litter of tears" ??? ^_^
ZONE gave me the strength and energy to my life... they're just like vitamins.
Posted Image

#16 hisashirockz

hisashirockz

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:01 PM

I watched the taiwanese version (called meteor garden) waayyy back before i started watching this one..just because it was so popular in my country back then..the F4 in the taiwanese even later became a boyband with the same name. U can check it out here at their Official Sony Music Site
From left to right, their role in the taiwanese version accordingly in hana yori dango's name:
Ken Zhu - Mimasaka Akira, Jerry Yan - Domyouji Tsukasa, Vic Zhou - Hanazawa Rui, Vanness Wu - Nishikado Soujiro
Im not sure about akira and soujiro..since they dont really have a particular personality..both are playboy..
All of my friend who watched the taiwanese version already just keep saying that those taiwanese lads just way look better than matsumoto jun and friends..hahaha, still its more enjoyable to watch jdorama..i gotta watch it til the end before makin a conclusion..but makino tsukushi in the japanese version is absolutely prettier than the taiwanese version's one here

#17 mongbat

mongbat

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:59 PM

don't know about the manga or meteor garden, but hana yori dango looks to be one of the best jdramas this year!

#18 auroragb

auroragb

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1117 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 07:31 AM

Well, HYD definitely has MG beaten in the production value front. However MG had equal or better cast than the 3 main in HYD
Tsukasa - neither can act. Arguable which is better looking. HYD guy is slightly less wooden
Rui - neither can act either. But the MG guy is better at the introvert thing ... more "cool"
tsukushi - MG one is a slightly better actress and fits the character better. HYD one is uber-cute, but looks a little too soft

MG has Rainie Yang. who's my fave TW artist :lol:
But HYD has Nanako!!!!!!! So HYD wins XD
Comprehensive 2006 Jdrama fansub index | 2007 Jdrama fansub index
HP Chinese FC Website guides: Free membership | Paid FC membership | shopping
Yes! You can join from pretty much anywhere in the world

#19 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:04 PM

Well, HYD definitely has MG beaten in the production value front. However MG had equal or better cast than the 3 main in HYD
Tsukasa - neither can act. Arguable which is better looking. HYD guy is slightly less wooden
Rui - neither can act either. But the MG guy is better at the introvert thing ... more "cool"
tsukushi - MG one is a slightly better actress and fits the character better. HYD one is uber-cute, but looks a little too soft

MG has Rainie Yang. who's my fave TW artist XD
But HYD has Nanako!!!!!!! So HYD wins XD

i'm in shock reading ur post! i'm totally differetn opinion than u...... well except Rainie and Nanako.

i personally think that in HYD cast beat MG in acting X 101289412 :lol:

#20 Zone Lover

Zone Lover

7th gen member

• Senpai
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 04:12 PM

Hahaha, i have the same opinion with ky~!! ::lol:: I actually prefer HYD more then MG~ Not only because of the acting, but somehow the scenery and all sort for HYD are nicer then MG~ XD
Posted Image
…If there’s one thing that won’t change, it’s the fact that from the beginning to the end SNSD was “one” with 9 members” - SNSD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users