11 replies to this topic

#1 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Hi,
My name is Miyabi, a media researcher of a Japanese TV production company.

I'm currently looking for Foreign Fans of AKB48.

(I've posted the same topic on Everyday48.)

We are preparing this program for Fuji TV about foreigners who has deep knowledge about Japanese culture, and one of the subject is AKB48.

We will be shooting this event in Los Angeles (the exact place has not been decided yet) in this June. I have already got more than 10 candidates; however, we would like to have more.

If you are interested in this event, please contact me at [email protected]

Best Regards,
Miyabi

I'm adding this here as a topic as well (in addition to newsfeed article), so that more people can notice it. :)

#2 Picky

Picky

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 653 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

Aah, I heard about this! :-D I can't wait to watch it but it's too far away and a bad time for me to even think of applying for it. :-p Good luck to anyone who wants to go on it though! :-D

Posted Image

Top ---48:-1.Matsubara Natsumi -2.Tomomi Kasai -3. Iriyama Anna

#3 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

So the quest for more non-Japanese fans for FujiTV's show continues.

They have scoured two continents and would now want more candidates, in particular from South America.

Please read DarkScorpion's first post in following link, which explains much of the details surrounding this here: http://forum.nihongo...or-a-quiz-show/

And be quick about this, if you think you qualify!

#4 DarkScorpion

DarkScorpion

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

According to Zac, South Americans still have TWO DAYS to contact him at [email protected]

#5 TxBullnettle

TxBullnettle

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

The casting call is over, and the show has aired.

http://www.hello-onl...s&torrent=49275

This was thoroughly enjoyable, and hopefully more opportunities like this present themselves in the future.

#6 melonpan♪

melonpan♪

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2756 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

wow that was great! I hope they do something like this again ^_^

#7 TxBullnettle

TxBullnettle

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:27 AM

Apparently not everyone enjoyed how the show played out... :c03:

http://newschoolkaid...n/#comment-5039

#8 Dantea

Dantea

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:42 AM

Apparently not everyone enjoyed how the show played out... :c03:

http://newschoolkaid...n/#comment-5039

Not gonna lie, I kinda agree with these guys. I'm a little annoyed. Maybe it's because I'm not appreciating the humor as much, so I'm willing to cut it a little more slack, though.

Posted Image
Kumai Yurina · 10th generation · Oda Sakura · Akimoto Sayaka · Tashima Meru · Sashihara Rino · Mitsui Aika · Sudo Maasa

http://flyinthefingwine.blogspot.com/

#9 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

TxBullnettle,

... Which is funny, because some of those who participated in the show disagrees with the author of that article.

I watched it, and it was entertaining yet a little too much on the "Wow, gaijin is hella crazy" side. But I am not sure what they could've done differently really.

There were some mixups and certain details that some were unhappy with though (apparently showing wrong items for one person, and Christafari in the beginning of the show was said to have spent 40,000,000 JPY on AKB, but he has said that he absolutely have not spent that much, so Fuji TV must've made that up).

I thought there were too few questions, and most of the questions were really easy too. I've heard that questions on skype / entrance paper were harder, but I haven't seen those. There were just one or two questions of those asked in the contest that I didn't know. For me though participating in the show would've been challenging as I don't really know Japanese, and reacting as quick as the others did would be very, very hard.

But I do hope they make follow-up episodes of it. That would be fun!

#10 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

^I can tell you from experience (I made it maybe about halfway thru the selection process) that the Skype questions were WAY harder--I got maybe half of them right, maybe a little more than half, but then watching the show I knew all the answers. :lol: (Of course, I would have been a poor contestant anyway for various reasons, namely my shyness and weak Japanese, so I'm happy I wasn't picked in the end, but the gap between the difficulty of the interview questions and the actual show is really extraordinary!)

As for me, I found the show entertaining. I wished there were more questions too, though! I love these quiz setups and I thought the contestants they picked were really charming...I would have loved to see them in a more difficult situation (questions-wise) so they could have properly demonstrated their knowledge, etc...and more questions so it could have been a proper fight.

And really, in the end, it wasn't half as exploitative as I thought it was going to be. I thought it was pretty restrained on the "gaijins are cRaZy*~*~*~" end--you know, if one considers how it could have ended up. (They certainly weren't treated any worse than, say, the entertainers who were on the similar quiz show on AKBINGO recently...)

#11 Dantea

Dantea

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:55 AM

TxBullnettle,

... Which is funny, because some of those who participated in the show disagrees with the author of that article.

I'm glad to hear that. It would be good to hear more from them on the show. Sometimes drawing our own conclusions isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Posted Image
Kumai Yurina · 10th generation · Oda Sakura · Akimoto Sayaka · Tashima Meru · Sashihara Rino · Mitsui Aika · Sudo Maasa

http://flyinthefingwine.blogspot.com/

#12 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

I also really didn't see the show as being humiliating at all. Do some people have a stick up their butt on how to act proper or something?

Literally none of it looked embarrassing to me. At all.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users