• 6993 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

Standings as of right now: 

Yuko: 559,329
Marikosama: 144,630
Mayuyu: 142,258
Tomochin: 131,514
Ricchan: 130,986

Of course, view count doesn't matter at all. What matters is final count of votes. For example, Kinoshita last year was high up in the view count standings, yet didn't even rank on election day.

However, it does help as it's extra exposure, and what's favorable to Ricchan here is that she is actually pushed. Double front girl of Team A together with Mayuyu, is in her 2nd senbatsu lineup, has been featured on TV a lot, has her own campaign, recently was in a very successful airing of Mechaike, and so on. These are things that can help her get votes. 

I really don't want to predict anything, it's near impossible. 

When you look at Yuko however, vs. Marikosama when it comes to view count, it's absurd what a gap there is. Yuko not only has dedicated fans, she has such a recognized name that she can rely on the help of casuals as well. That's not something lesser known members can do.

#22 Morning Death

Morning Death

Scavenger Of Human Sorrow

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

You can guess whether a member is popular or not when Nakai actually remembers her name. lol There's also how fast they sell their slots for handshake events. I am not sure but I think Ricchan experienced a boost in that regard. Ricchan is being pushed, just not in the same manner to Paruru. But all in all, it is a very difficult thing to predict indeed.

Posted Image
In a World of no guarantees, you can always count on a Demise at Dawn.

#23 gryzze

gryzze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1443 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

#24 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

She's really starting to remind me of Tsuji Nozomi. So many parallels.

#25 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

And Ricchan's exposure-train continues: 

https://plus.google....sts/WcCK7uReLrD

川栄李奈19:01 - Mobile - 一般公開

今日は『ほこ×たて』の!

収録に参加させていただきました★

面白かった(^^)

Ricchan will be a guest on Fuji TV's "Hoko x Tate" show!

#26 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

That's actually pretty big news. Most of the guests that get invited to Hoko x Tate are high-profile actors and actresses, singers and such.

And since Oshima's a regular there, I wonder how they're going to interact. After all, I haven't really seen them two interact at all.

#27 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

Yes it really is.

In my opinion this is the really big first step in major pushing. Of course, she is part of "AN RI RE". Of course, she was on Mechaike. Of course, she's a Team A center with Mayuyu, and has been center in Undergirls, and appears in senbatsu now, and has her own campaign, is pushed a lot in general, and so on. 

... but to appear solo on a big TV show like this? Definitely well worth taking notice of, and will be interesting to see if they continue with this.

#28 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

If she wins the Janken Tournament this year, I'd say it's pretty safe to assume where it's going.  :itadakimasu:

I'm pretty excited about this news and hope this means she's on her way to being a senbatsu regular and focus member by the end of this year. It would be nice having a new feature member in the senbatsu that I am genuinely a fan of.

#29 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

Wait, so the girls that have been in senbatsu all this time (including the NMB double aces) are girls you are not genuinely a fan of? Wow.

Anyway, Kawaei's also been getting more appearances in gravure photoshoots and shows like Ariyoshi AKB Kyowakoku. Katou and Iriyama aren't getting much on the other hand though (Iriyama's getting a tiny bit more than Katou though due to how open she's starting to become). 

Also, does this mean they're done with the hyper push they've been giving Shimazaki? Or are they dividing resources between the girls equally? It seems like they can only focus on a single girl most of the time, which sort of sucks as it would be nice if they could give other girls a big push too.

#30 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

I realized something, about AN RI RE, and it's that I believe both Ricchan and Annin have now graduated from highschool whereas Renacchi is still in highschool. And usually if you're busy with school work, there's limits to what you can do of idol activities. Also the time limit of how late you can work in Japanese society, if you're under a certain age, and these two things affect Renacchi so far. But I am sure if she keeps on working hard and also opens up more, she will be equally pushed as well, if her popularity is still there.

Right now I think it's basically two categories of 'new' girls in AKB48 that are experiencing huge "gori-oshi": 

1) Paruru

2) RI >>>>>>>>>> AN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RE (in terms of push amongst these three right now)

Then you have the girls like Karen, Tanochan, Juri, Ranran, Mariyagi, Abemaru, Tomu, Haruu, Minarun, Ryoochan, Moemoe, and others, that have had some level of push and still can get pushed and succeed. I think for the older girls in this category it's harder, but for the younger girls, there's still the possibility of getting more opportunities once school responsibility and age requirements for late-night work is met.

#31 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:36 AM

I meant more in new girls in the pushing/center realm than general senbatsu members. Milky may count depending on where we feel she's at regarding being a pushed member with AKB, but Sayanee isn't one of the center girls and Mariko, Yukirin, and Nyanyan aren't new members obviously.

#32 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

Well, it turns out that Akimoto was trying to get Kawaei into an Oshima Yuko / Watanabe Mayu position in the future until the whole Mechaike thing happened. He looked a bit lost regarding what he should do, but decided to write a song for BKA48 anyway lol.

#33 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

What do you mean with "until the whole Mechaike thing happened"? since you say "in the future"? Can't Akimoto still go for a Yuko/Mayuyu-like position with Ricchan, even if there was Mechaike?

#34 gryzze

gryzze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1443 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

It was pretty obvious that she'd be center baka. If he didn't want that then he could've pulled her out of the show.

On the mechaike special today he said that she's a candidate for a future AKB center.
I'd say she has a better chance now than before the special.

#35 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

Ahh..

Yes, if that's the case then I agree wholeheartedly.

This Mechaike special has brought her a lot of attention mainstream-wise, and what's so important is that this isn't just a random member that received the attention, it's someone who already is growing in popularity, and is given a lot of responsibility already. So you know, I honestly think that what concerns the group as a whole (the question "What benefits the group as a whole?" should always be considered), for Paruru to win Janken - a girl that also was pushed to the extreme at this point - was 100% perfect as it just gave her even more attention.

And likewise for Ricchan to get this type of attention now is the same. It's free publicity which helps in pushing/making a center type girl. It would be crazy to stop pushing her the way things go for her these days. 

#36 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Yeah I meant the Mechaike nukeuchi test. Akimoto mentioned how they had been building her up to be one of the aces of the next generation (like Watanabe Mayu and Shimazaki Haruka) on par with Oshima, with a similar air and feel about them, but Kawaei basically ran headfirst towards the "stupid girl" character route. 

Akimoto doesn't seem as keen on having thick-headed people as the face of his promotion, judging on how he reacted to the whole thing. He was laughing, but had a worried look on his face. Maybe he didn't expect her to get that low of a score or something.

Pretty complicated by the looks of it.

#37 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

It would be atrocious if they ditched Ricchan for a future center role just because of a Mechaike TV show test result. Yes, if they overdo it with Ricchan and does the baka character 24/7 for ages, they are killing themselves and it wouldn't be great for the longer run. But they should instead try to utilize current attention given to her and tie her in with other things but not use the baka character appeal part of it.

I can understand his concern, but I really hope they can manage to avoid shoving Ricchan into one single corner, that of the baka character, and instead use her for more things than that. I think she is one of the new girls with the most potential for being successful all around (dancing, performing, drama, variety TV, etc) and there's definitely a need for those.

#38 gryzze

gryzze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1443 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

Ricchan has scored last on tests before and I doubt he wouldn't know this. He knows what most members are up to and watch their shows.

What he says in public is most likely part of his strategy.

#39 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

http://blog.livedoor...s/28158420.html

A lot of reactions on "datta" / "was" from the posters.

#40 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

It would be a strange reason to abondon someone when he already gave Paruru thumbs up...

As already mentioned above. The worst... not to let a member have a diverse and wide image. Why must one be cornered and without options? 

I'd say that Ricchan got more variety to give than Yuko or Mayuyu or Paru or Yukirin or orororororo. She can dress up a a little kid and it is believeble and seriously entertaining, the next time she gives us this fierce vibe. A great example, Hasute to Wasute and Ikiru Koto. End the stupidity already...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users