Photo

[SINGLE] AKB48 26th single "Manatsu no Sounds Good!" (2012/05/23)

• Please log in to reply
387 replies to this topic

#81 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

Love a bit at least half of the girls, you just halved the chances :P I'd be really upset at Tomochin and Kaori, unhappy with few other and for ~60 (including KKS) surely happy, at least I hope so.

Posted Image

#82 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

marikosuki,

The photos they sign are usually BLT's - other than that we're talking about polaroids, 2shots, and similar, but as for signed photos enclosed randomly in singles, this only occured with "Namida Surprise!"

The photo bonus in "Namida Surprise!" was a random unsigned photo copy of of an original cheki photo. The original cheki photo - also signed - was also enclosed randomly in the singles, which means there's only 1 photo in existence of that particular photo.

But what to do with photos? Well you can collect them. Or trade them. Or sell them. Or give them away. Plenty of options :P

#83 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

Yeah, there are plenty of options for photos. I think it's better to get a member you don't like than a member you kind of like because it's much easier to part with the photo in a trade. :D Plus, I don't know about anyone else, but photos/cards/pack-ins have done a fair share to make me aware of girls I never really took note of before. All it takes is one thing to make you a fan of a girl you never thought you'd be a fan of.

I'm not sure what to do myself as far as this release goes; getting one edition or both. I traditionally only buy one AKB single (unless Mariko is the center :P ), but I feel the voting urge creeping up on me. I'll at least order Type B, but we'll see about adding to that.

#84 marikosuki

marikosuki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

Krusha, what are BLTs ( i only know of the sandwich :lol: )?

I was under the impression all the girls signed a handful of photos for each single, that would've been a nice gesture (and drive collectors crazy).

I guess I rather just own photobooks and magazines than have a collection of photos. Although I'm a sucker for limited editions, if I don't use the event ticket, it seems like I can trade/sell it better than a photo.

Satchan, I learn the bulk about girls I'm not aware of through all the tv shows. Yeah not all girls are featured, but you're bound to come across most of them with all the different AKB shows and guestings going on. Ariyoshi AKB is where I learn about most KKS. And buy both versions! The DVDs will have member profiles for the coming election. Plus this could be Mariko-sama's last election, so she could use some help ^^;

#85 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

BLT stands for "BEAUTIFUL Lady & TELEVISION" .

It's a Japanese magazine, which AKB48 has had close cooperation with since their early days. With the magazines there's often special photo sets released. You buy a magazine, and you get 5 random photos. There is an A version, a B version, and a C version of the photo (which is the hardest version to come by). In these sets, there's also a randomly signed photo. Naturally these are very hard to come by. These sets are released often enough, so collecting them is very expensive.

What AKB48 releases monthly is the Theater photos, where you get random photos, and where each girl has a 4-photo set. These are not signed. But still very popular. I don't remember specifically, but there's a random 2shot ticket (time limitation) included in these sets. Getting this ticket is extremely hard, so to get it, you normally have to spend at least 50,000 JPY or more to have a chance. And when you use it, it has to be within the assigned timeframe - and there's no guarantee your oshimen is available in this period.

For me what I like to collect the most, is photos. They tend to have very nice sets, especially BLT ones. And if it's not BLT or Theater photos, they have photos in many other contexts too, with various magazines, events and so on. If there's one thing the 48 family has almost perfected, then it is having items - signed or not - that are very desirable to collect!

#86 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

I just find it exciting waiting to see what photo I'll get! :lol:
Granted, I've only had this experience once, but I was still super happy to see what photo I got with their album (Takamina, which was exactly who I wanted).

And I totally agree with what goratnik said. It's always good to like/love a lot of the members, even if they aren't your oshimen.

#87 Sloan

Sloan

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

And I totally agree with what goratnik said. It's always good to like/love a lot of the members, even if they aren't your oshimen.

I completely agree with this sentiment. I do have an oshimen, BUT I have a list of my top 5 members that I really like to follow. I mean, why not diversify and get the best out of as many ***48 members as possible?

I know that may not be kosher, but I get more enjoyment from following a lot of members than strictly diving head first into dedicating myself 100% to a single specific individual.

but enough of me rambling....back on topic now:

Posted Image

#88 marikosuki

marikosuki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

Krusha,

Wow, all of this is intense. Thanks for shedding some light, but I don't think I can get into it. Building a collection takes a lot of work, and I'm just too lazy ^^;

If I ever spot this BLT, I'll be sure to check it out.

#89 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

BLT stands for "BEAUTIFUL Lady & TELEVISION" .

To add ..

you got to be careful .. because the usual BLT magazine is only the magazine .. it usually comes with nothing ...

The BLT that has photos are actually special orders .. and not the standard magazine you get from the stores ...
Its usually a 500yen for a "magazine" but its more like a catalog ...inside there is only 1 random photo ...
Its near impossible or too costly to be able to complete a set on your own ...
inside they are other special and printed handwritten stuff on the photo those are more rare and has a higher value ...
and of course the super rare real signed photos ...

Posted Image
the one on the left is the normal magazine .. which usually has nothing .. I got it when I was very noob ..lol
and the right are the ones available from special BLT site orders and it comes with a random photo ..
I got those free from friends ..because simply the magazine has no value ..people buy it purely for the photos ..lol

anyway ... its a culture that sometimes ....
people call all idol photo BLTs .. even though its not from BLT ...
so sometimes you may meet someone who call every photo BLT but its just a culture thing ...

===================================

anyway .. about the handshake ticket and photo ...
the handshake ticket is of course much better to have if you got access to Japan ...
the limited version is very limited .. and after its all sold out ...

the ticket itself can go for more than the single price .. the usual is 1.8K yen when the single is only 1.6K ...
that's why its so hot .. and get sold out fast ..

and the photos ..actually you can ebay it if you don't like it ...because surely someone in the world likes it ...

however for handshake tickets .. its tough because Japanese seldom use ebay ...

all this is of course base of your access to Japan stuff ... if you going to japan or have friends there that can help ..
obviously it better to get the handshake tickets

=====================================

anyway .. its good to share our purchase experience with each other here ...
and please let us know your country .. cos things maybe very different in different country ...

I am from Singapore .. so if I order from Yesasia .. I could get my delivery free ...
but it will take 3 weeks and if you calculate the price of a single .. you realize the delivery is not free ...
a few dollars are factored into the disc ... so if i order alot ..it makes it really too expensive ...

and lucky in Singapore .. we have a small trading culture ..so i can trade some of the photos ...
however .. for handshake tickets .. you can't sell them here ...
basically ... we know each other here and you can't sell something to your friends when they know you can't use ...
you can only give it to them free ...

I have gave alot of my SKE48 and NMB48 handshake tickets away to people who happen to go Japan ...
and have received some free from my friends when on my last trip...

but SKE and NMB is different .. they don't have the either you buy the one with photo or HS ticket ..
the ticket is in it anyway ... so its different ...

#90 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

For those that have buy from HMV, when they cross out the novelty photo and say its not available is it only because the first press is sold out or for that version they are not giving out the photo.

I usually buy from cdjapan but since I am buying the extra pair I figured I might as well order from a different sight to get a different bonus photo instead of 4 of the same.

#91 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

^ .. to me .. by HMV is pretty much the best choice for foreign fans .. if you don't really want to wait a few weeks for your stuff ...

the only bad about it is the delivery price will change on delivery when you order anything bigger than a CD/DVD case sizes..

their delivery cost is only based on CD/DVD case size ...

I made a mistakes once .. when I order a DVD with book ...
turn out the book is huge its bigger than A4 size .. and my delivery went up to 5000yen .. it became more expensive that the DVD I bought ...>.<

So do be careful if you order magazine or book from HMV .. but for regular CDs and DVDs ..its fine .. :)

#92 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

Limited edition has different cover.

So for those who collect all releases, that is a must have. But content is same as regular, and of course with this release, the extra difference is handshake ticket (both versions have voting tickets).

But yes, I agree with regards to YesAsia. It's an extreme gamble to buy CD's from them when you know that you want to vote, but voting period is just 2 weeks. First YesAsia have to receive the CD's from supplier in Japan. Then YesAsia have to ship to you. And YesAsia are utterly unreliable with shipping speed. So let's say you buy 4 copies, or maybe you bought 20 copies. And then it gets to you 1 day late...

I feel much better with HMV's EMS shipping.

I have never had a single problem with them regarding shipping. They always seem to get here within a week, that's with free shipping too. I've been using them for years now.
Posted Image
ICHIGOGO Twitter Last.fm Excessive Drama
秋元才加 ♥ 峯岸みなみ ♥ 篠田麻里子 ♥ 松井珠理奈 ~ freezingkiss

#93 marikosuki

marikosuki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

While I'm not that interested in building a collection of photos, I would definitely want a real signed photo!

Thanks Ares13, I'll avoid the 500 yen magazine. The next time that BLT special book comes around, I'll strongly consider getting it. How often do these get released?

Snapple, I've never had an issue with YA's shipping either, and I live in california. YA would of course prioritize those who opted to expedite and I'm not worried about them being in HK, they ship out same day as in Japan. YA is pretty well known, I'd be surprised if they had some middleman supplier. I bet their source is the same as any other Japanese store. Debating whether I should expedite it because of the whole voting issue. Any other single I'd probably just stick to free shipping without regrets.

#94 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

^ Wait... book's content is still worth attention, right? :lol: Specials are different from regulars, right? Don't throw out of window everything unsigned ;)

Posted Image

#95 atoe

atoe

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

looking at the shipping on all the other sites, it's extortionate.

I would rather get the 2 limited singles late, than pay for one normal one (at the same price) and still have the risk of it being late.

#96 galiwidhi

galiwidhi

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

where's sato amina and maeda ami? :huh:

BUT YUIHAN ALWAYS KAWAII !! <3 http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/nosebleed.gif

#97 k♥chan

k♥chan

Matsui Rena ✰superfan✰

• Senpai
  • 2984 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

Senbatsu
Team A (7) :
Kuramochi Asuka
Kojima Haruna
Sashihara Rino
Shinoda Mariko
Takajo Aki
Takahashi Minami
Maeda Atsuko

Team K (5) :
Itano Tomomi
Oshima Yuko
Minegishi Minami
Miyazawa Sae
Yokoyama Yui

Team B (4) :
Kitahara Rie
Kasai Tomomi
Kashiwagi Yuki
Watanabe Mayu

Team 4 (11) :
Abe Maria
Ichikawa Miori
Iriyama Anna
Shimazaki Haruka
Shimada Haruka
Takeuchi Miyu
Yamauchi Suzuran
Iwata Karen
Kato Rena
Kawaei Rina
Takahashi Juri

Team S (3) :
Kizaki Yuria
Matsui Jurina
Matsui Rena

I love the senbatsu. Alot of my favorite members are here.
Where can I find an audio preview of the new single?

Posted Image

Matsui Rena & Suzuki Kanon super fan//tumblr//ameblo//

icon & siggie by me// graphics

#98 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

^ There's just a short preview out so far:

#99 k♥chan

k♥chan

Matsui Rena ✰superfan✰

• Senpai
  • 2984 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

^Thank you
I love the new single. :)

Posted Image

Matsui Rena & Suzuki Kanon super fan//tumblr//ameblo//

icon & siggie by me// graphics

#100 Sloan

Sloan

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

Awesome, that's the first I've heard of the new single...and it sounds like it definitely has promise.

I appreciate the yt video, thanks!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users