Photo

Forum Design + updates

• Please log in to reply
2883 replies to this topic

#2481 Guest_StellaFleure_*

Guest_StellaFleure_*
  • Guests (Not logged in)

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

^ It has worked like that since the start of headers. You get one set per session. If it worked any other way, you wouldn't be able to only get H!P as then we would need to put all the pictures in same set.

That's what I didn't know. It's fine and clear now, thank you very much for your effort :). I just need to make a new browser session and I get a different group, when I'm completely bored of the current shown one.

#2482 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

♥ Full Support for Up-Up Girls! ♥ ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

Awesome that we can make our own headers. Expect some Berryz ones soon.

Awwww i was workinng on berryz ones

Guess i should have said.. Lol whatever.

---

I wonder, is there gonna be a feature to have all haropro or all x48 banner sets selected even if there are more than 5? Eventually, of course...
I mean at this point you cant even have all of say akb and ske (when theyre all added) because there would be 7 teams, or more if kks are added...=/

Could that ever be made to work??

VMAYe.png

★ UUG ★ UUG2 ★ Fudanjuku ★ GEM ★ STU48 ★

(Updated to reflect groups that I currently follow closely and are active... Maybe I'll update the picture or something eventually. I'm lazy.)

#2483 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

FAQ answers about the headers (because no one reads past pages).

Like the headers have always worked, when you start a browsing session with H!O, you will get a random set (either from defaults or your overrides (explained later)) and you have that set until that session ends. You can end the sessions by closing your browser, waiting a moment and then opening the browser again and it will choose another random set (could be the same).

At the moment we have 9 sets, 4 H!P and 5 ***48, and they are all in the default rotation. For now we don't have a H!P or ***48 only setting for the headers. We do however have an override setting for header sets. You can find it here: http://www.hello-onl...cp&tab=helloapp .
To use this you tick the box next to "Override default header images with my own list". Then you choose the sets from the list, hold down Ctrl-button to choose more than one.
However currently it doesn't work with more than 5 sets chosen (we are trying to fix this). If you choose 6 or more sets, your settings will revert back to defaults.

Internet killed common sense.

#2484 oroboras

oroboras

Defender of the Faith

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

I'm guessing that whenever new banner styles are added, it resets your choice?
I had set mine for a specific style, and today it had changed back to default (not a problem, I just set it back, unlike most the goons here who just complain without reading the info first)
I just thought I'd ask, incase I was just going mad (a distinct possibility)
Posted Image

#2485 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

^ It hasn't reverted my choices any of the times new sets were added. If you had old 2010 sets of the headers chosen, it might have reverted when I removed those.

#2486 oroboras

oroboras

Defender of the Faith

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

Yes, I had that choice selected. Cheers for letting me know the probable cause.
Posted Image

#2487 Malachite

Malachite

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

my beef with the xxx48 banners: why the round frame of gray leaves? They ugly!
Use the rectangular frames & funky motif designs the H!P banners are having

The Team A and Team B sets I uploaded have a pretty orthodox design and I'm not sure who is responsible for the ones with the grey circular borders but it's definitely not the look I would go for.

It should be possible to set it to just those two sets plus the H!P ones though.

#2488 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

TBH I prefer the NMB ones right now, but that's kinda just my personal preference... I don't dislike the A and B ones of course... I just find them to look a little less exciting. ^^;

VMAYe.png

(Updated to reflect groups that I currently follow closely and are active... Maybe I'll update the picture or something eventually. I'm lazy.)

#2489 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

I prefer the look of the Team A and Team B ones, but the others are nice too. All in all, if people follow the instructions for how to make headers, we can get quite many nice header options. Just make sure to do a decent job with proper source images, the PSD file, .PNG as result, and so on :)

#2490 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:01 PM

Will you guys accept different versions of the same members or no?

Like for example if I wanted to do an alternate set for the AKB teams.

Or for like, subgroups, could I do one for French Kiss or something... Even though the members are in their respective teams' rotation.

Just curious~ I like making this kind of thing so I'd like to know what's allowed.

VMAYe.png

#2491 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

Only one set per one group/subunit/team. (New H!P sets are welcome tho). Might be better to wait with subunits tho, as we have that problem with the override.

Maybe after that override problem is fixed, alternate sets might be possible, tho those won't go to the default rotation.

#2492 Haruna Ogata (Real)

Haruna Ogata (Real)

Brown Eyes White Pig

• Senpai
  • 2540 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

Just a question regarding new H!P sets. S/mileage has always been mashed up with Mano up until now, but if someone would be willing to make a separate header set for either, would that be accepted?
(Thinking a Mano header might be multiple photos of her in that case. Or perhaps if someone made a soloist header and added her there.)

Sadly I lack the ability to make decent stuff, so it's just a hypothetical question that I thought of considering S/mileage have like 6 members now, and is pretty much an established and important part of H!P these days. :)

...And just because people are talking about it:
Personally the NMB ones are currently my favorites. ^_^

"I sure did," Phil replied. "I slept good with you."

#2493 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

^ Mano having a solo header set would just lead to "*insert member name here* should get a solo set".

Mano and Kikkawa together in a set is a maybe, but I don't think it would be the best choice either.

As a side note: there's now a set for SKE48 Team E.

#2494 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

The SKE Team E set is kinda mislabeled. =/

It just says AKB - Team E instead of AKB - SKE48 - Team E (which is how I'd assume it should be, according to Team S, and the NMB sets.)

And now I have my first problem... =/ More than 5 xxx48 group sets... T∆T

Are there plans to fix that 5 set limit thing in the near-ish future?

VMAYe.png

#2495 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

Xīn Chūn,

If you had cared to just look up on previous posts on this very page, you'd see that yes, indeed we are going to fix it - when is more uncertain, as people are sometimes very busy and such - but yes, we are going to fix it.

How many times in the same thread - on even the same page - should it be mentioned that it's to be fixed?

As for the Team E thing, it's a minor issue, shouldn't be a problem.

#2496 kittykoo5

kittykoo5

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1131 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

how do i disable all of the akb stuff on my computer

dlapuo76c72.gif

#2497 Charlo

Charlo

◦kanabanana◦

• Senpai
  • 3205 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

In regards to the NMB banners they originally had rectangle tilted frames with the picture muh like the H!P ones with the NMN logo beside it but in terms of quality they were much clearer than the H!P ones but not a crisp as the AKB ones so they were rejected.

NMB48ぱすぽ☆MMJAKB48SHINee2NE1
Posted Image
♥ Voted Aika's greatest fan 2011! ♥

#2498 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

how do i disable all of the akb stuff on my computer

Please read the posts above before you reply. Thanks.

#2499 liamers

liamers

2nd in command of the Gaki Green Shoes Club!

• Senpai
  • 2740 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

could i create a gaki grad special set of headers to be put up till she goes :3

if so what are the dimensions that are used?

#2500 Charlo

Charlo

◦kanabanana◦

• Senpai
  • 3205 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

For those of you who don't like the current ones.

This was the original.

Attached File  Milky2.png   71.03K   58 downloads

I could improve on the currents ones like this.

Attached File  Aina1.png   52.92K   66 downloads

or change the old ones to be like this. What do you guys think? (I noticed a slight error on this one, ignore it if you spot it please? :) )

Attached File  Milky1.png   75.97K   54 downloads

EDIT:

Potential alternative? (Note it's only ruff, I erased the flowers without making it neat)

Posted Image

NMB48ぱすぽ☆MMJAKB48SHINee2NE1
Posted Image
♥ Voted Aika's greatest fan 2011! ♥

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users