• Please log in to reply
2883 replies to this topic

#1 Zunu

Zunu

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 06:57 AM

The new design is pretty impressive. It's like coming home from a vacation and your parents have gone and bought you a new bedroom set. Suddenly your room has that "new furniture" smell and everything looks clean and fresh....

Kick ass!

What does everyone else think?

#2 tetsuhighrose

tetsuhighrose

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 797 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:01 AM

Yes,I like the new design too,its fresh and besides lime color is my favourite.

#3 jinalbert

jinalbert

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:02 AM

I love it too. It's more colorful than the previous one.
The only thing that I would like more is to make the torrent-list's text bigger.
Posted Image

#4 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:02 AM

I'm not sure, I like some things so far. It's going to take some exploring and acclimating before I can really say for sure.

*edit* Everything being merged together is cool. The tracker stats of being able to see what one is seeding or downloading is very cool. ^.^

#5 Spades

Spades

JAV

• Senpai
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:07 AM

its greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat!

#6 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:32 AM

i like some new features of this new version of BBS engine:

- there's Lo-Fi version. Yeah for 56K user and PDA user!!
- we can instant jump to anypage thanks to the "jump to page" button on the top left of the thread.
- we have the "option" at the top right of the thread.
- we can instant jump into different section and forum anypage thanks to the bottom left combo box.

other than that:
-the color is nice.
-the greeting is cool.
-the 4 hours rotating H!P member banner is cool.
-news(spotlight), new product, yesasia, tracker, forum, HPS all under 1 roof.
-we have quick sort following the file type (PV, TV etc) in the tracker.
-you can expand your textbox when you writing your reply in the forum. The "+" and "-" button at the bottom left of your textbox.
-you can easily quote multipost by turn on or off the "quote+" button at the bottom right of ppl's post.

also:
-let's wait for the Image Board to be completed and upped.

and something for you to comment:
-no more page number for us to select in tracker page. only "next" and "previous"
-anyone has problem with tracker's color scheme? solved. it's my own browser setting prob
-torrent comments are separated from the torrent detail page.

that's it for now.

edit:
-and also, in the sub-forum index, you can customize the thread you want to see by choosing the option of sorting/viewing at the bottom of the page.
-there's a user online status below your avatar and post count detail.

#7 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:41 AM

Personally, I really like the active torrents function now available ^_________^

-nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#8 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:44 AM

In that case I'm REALLY happy with ALMOST everything. The 4 hour member rotation is a really good thing. I was wondering if there would be something like that. I didn't think you'd just have Koharu. So I'm very happy about that.

Would it be difficult to add different color schemes? If it's not too hard, I'd like some different choices.

#9 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:06 AM

The 4 hour member rotation is a really good thing. I was wondering if there would be something like that. I didn't think you'd just have Koharu.

when i first gained access to the new design, it's Takahashi as banner. when i know about the 4 hour rotation thingy i was rather..... disappointed. :wub:

if u click on other user's Profile u can even see which thread he's current browsing now. Spying features?? ^^;

when i view the tracker the color/screen i get is like this:
Posted Image

how about u guys?

#10 chihuahua24

chihuahua24

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:14 AM

i sure got a pleasant surprise when i saw the new format. Nice ~ now only got to get familarised with it

#11 W4ever

W4ever

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:17 AM

The new site looks awsome! It is very appealing visually and very functional. Great job!

#12 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:36 AM

Would it be difficult to add different color schemes? If it's not too hard, I'd like some different choices.

In my past experience of messing with my own forum, having forum color scheme can be easily done. but u notice that the forum color, the HPS page, tracker, top banner are all using the same color scheme. so it's not about forum color scheme but the whole website color scheme now.

so i guess "no" is the answer.

#13 hawk0906

hawk0906

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:40 AM

Nice change...I like it :wub:

Posted Image

how about u guys?

nope...for me it looks like this: white background on the tracker
Posted Image

#14 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:53 AM

Posted Image

how about u guys?

White for me as well. I think Opera (browser) doesn't like the codes?

#15 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:02 AM

ok problem solved. (change some setting on my browser.) Now only the "scale up" avatar problem which is kinda funny. :wub: The forum auto scale down the avatar which exceed the allowed size. but it also scale up the 100X70, 100X100 and other avatar size to 150X150.

#16 wildstarr

wildstarr

Goddess, thy name is Maki.

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:05 AM

I'm one of those types that think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". It'll take me a while to get acquainted to the new design.

Posted Image

#17 NihonSuki

NihonSuki

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:30 AM

Santa-san™ cannot log in anymore, because name changed to Santa-san? with no password accepted. Can someone please help. He is a sad guy right now.

LilJo EDIT: It's due to a charset setting, temprorary workaround this is to set your browser to Western European coding.

#18 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:45 AM

guess the new version dun like the ™ mark. :wub: pls wait until one of the admin come back and rename the account.

#19 NihonSuki

NihonSuki

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:47 AM

Thankyou very much. That was kind of you. Guess Santa will have to wait awhile then...

#20 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:50 AM

just gotta give the forum a bit of time to stabilise and ease out any issues that might have occurred during the upgrade
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users