23 replies to this topic

#1 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

Girly+Chou+Logo+%2528Large%2529.jpg

Girly Chou are a group from avex artist academy consisting of four girls who were originally in a group called Chou-Chou. Chou-Chou had six members, but Girly Chou is a "gang of four", as Google Translate says when I read the blogs of the four members. I blogged about Chou-Chou in my old, now deleted blog.  Today I watched the first fan video for Girly Chou.  

The members of Girly Chou are (left to right in the photo above):
Konishi Rika, born on December 25, 1999. Rika's Blog
Fuuna, born on August 5, 2000. Fuuna's Blog
Asada Moka, born on February 13, 2001. Moka's Blog
Ashida Manatsu, born on June 17, 1999. Manatsu's Blog

I sure hope that avex will put these girls in the studio, because Rika and Moka are both fantastic vocalists. I wish that I could hear a bit more from Fuuna and Manatsu (who I assume is the leader, since she's the oldest), though. The video below has a poor quality picture, and you don't always see all four girls, but it's watchable. Hopefully these girls will become more popular and better videos will appear on YouTube.

Girly Chou dining at McDonald's. :D

Girly+Chou+11.jpg

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#2 anhh

anhh

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5584 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

#3 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

^
Short, but sweet. Thanks! Good to see two fans brought video cameras. :)

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#4 MayaChanShiDae

MayaChanShiDae

basically inactive

• Senpai
  • 2327 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

That is the poshest was I've ever seen someone eat in Mcdonalds XD

aikagifwtex.gif
♥ Morning Musume (Sayu, Eripon, Aichan, Haruna, Miki, Nine smile lineup) H!P (Maimai, Nakky, Captain) ♥
♥ Sig by xdrewdrawdrawn ♥ Avvie by Jamie ♥ Voted Greatest High-King and Milky Way fan 2011 ♥

♥ Kikka 
TwitterTumblr

#5 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

Ha ha.... I love Fuuna's sense of humor. http://ameblo.jp/fuu...rc=thumb_module Maybe I should use this. 

#6 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:00 AM

I forgot to mention yesterday that this week Rika will be featured in a fashion calendar for teen girls, or something like that. She's in the bottom row, starting with the 26th. http://www.nicopuchi.jp/calendar/ Click on the thumbnails to see a blog with larger pix.

Edit: Fuuna and Manatsu took part in Dance Trax / Dance Nation with the boys in Sparcle. 

#7 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:40 AM

I'm probably reading way too much into this, but Rika's blog says something about Guinness World Records and a number of runway models. She was part of it. Was Rika part of some world record? If so, cool! :good: http://ameblo.jp/rik...1208190568.html

#8 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

Does anyone know what anime Fu-chan is standing in front of? It looks cute! :)

Well, duh! XD I know Fu-chan is officially amazing! But I'm not sure if she was involved with the same world record Rika was involved with or what. http://ameblo.jp/fuu...rc=thumb_module

#9 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

^ She's standing in front of an ad for "Pretty Rhythm: Dear My Future" (the second season/sequel to "Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream"). It's based on an arcade game.
http://myanimelist.n...me.php?id=12863
http://www.animenews...me.php?id=13988
http://en.wikipedia....i/Pretty_Rhythm

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#10 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

^
Thank you. What Avex needs to do is get Girly Chou an anime deal where they record the theme song for a popular series and release a single. This will hopefully lead to Girly Chou releasing other singles not related to the anime, and spread the word about how awesome they are! :good:

#11 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

My prayers have been answered! A new Girly Chou fan video was uploaded! :w00t: The picture is better than the first one, but still has sound problems. And Fu-chan is still being cut off on the left. :( But I'm still glad to see this.

And here's a older video (October 29, 2011) with Rika and Moka that you may enjoy! :)

#12 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

As usual, didn't pay too close to what Google Translate said in Manatsu's blog. 

#13 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

Not sure what possessed me to check out Manatsu's old blog, but I just noticed that there is now a link at the top. Apparently Manatti simply moved all of her blog posts from an Ameba blog to a new Gree blog! Yay! Check out the "cowgirl cutie" avatar! :wub: I'm feeling a bit better now.... ;)

#14 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:04 AM

I'm probably reading way too much into this, but Rika's blog says something about Guinness World Records and a number of runway models. She was part of it. Was Rika part of some world record? If so, cool! :good: http://ameblo.jp/rik...1208190568.html

It's true! Rikatti was part of "The Most People Modeling On A Catwalk" recorded by the Guinness Book Of World Records! She appears around 31:50 to 32:50 in this two hour (!) video, which I have only seen about 38 minutes of so far. Rika is #260. Congratulations, Rika! :good:

Edit: It turns out that Fuuna is also in this video, and possibly Moka as well. 

#15 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

For those who don't read my blog or look at the members of Girly Chou's blogs, I'm pretty convinced that this group has been broken up by uncaring avex.

Rika and Moka recently performed at another avex event as MokaRika, a name they have been using since the breakup of Chou-Chou when performing as a duo. They were previously in another group (probably created just for that one time) called RMR & WhiteBunny. So, with Chou-Chou and Girly Chou added, Rika and Moka have been in three groups in the past year, plus their MokaRika pairing. Obviously avex likes these two girls together, but can't make up their minds about which group to make permanent. I think both girls are very good vocalists, and I'd like avex to put these girls into a recording studio to release a single. I was really hoping that Girly Chou would be a permanent group, and that they'd be the ones releasing a single soon. I guess not.

Rika has recently done some modeling for a girls clothing line: http://www.kidsonlin...gm_coord_12_5_1 You might wish to check her blog often, as she usually links all the fan videos of her that are uploaded to YouTube. She has six videos linked to her blog right now.

Fuuna apparently was a backup dancer in a music video that was filmed a couple months ago, but I haven't heard anything about it since. She continues to take dance lessons, and has expressed an interest in being a model. Her blog header recently changed. Here is her old blog header....

And here is her new one....

As for Manatsu, I'm not sure she's doing much of anything. She is the member I least pay attention to, although I do like her. She continues to update her blog, but doesn't seem to be doing anything as far as singing goes.

I'll try to update the activities of these girls from time to time, but unless a miracle happens, I'm convinced Girly Chou will not be performing any more. I wish all the girls the best of luck with their chosen career paths. Being part of avex, I'm sure they'll need it! :)

#16 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

As promised, here is an update! On May 26, MokaRika performed at one of those ORC 200 events. Here is 12 minutes of the girls! <3

#17 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

Happy 13th birthday to Manatsu! <3

#18 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:52 AM

Interesting day! Moka has officially become cuter! How? She has glasses now! 

Also, I spent quite a lot of time putting together a playlist featuring all the videos I could find for Chou-Chou, MokaRika, Nakano Yuuka, Girly Chou, shiny .nonyu, Sparkle and RMR & WhiteBunny. I call it "The Chou-Chou Legacy"!

#19 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:11 AM

I've posted several pics of Rika and AKB48 Draftee Yokoshima Aeri HERE (bottom half of the post). Its only a few 50 pics, but I'll add more in future post!  :good:

#20 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

I recently fixed up this thread a bit because the photos were originally linked to a web album I deleted.  I only added the photos in the first post in the unlikely event that someone might actually lurk in this thread and use whatever info there is.  Many of the videos, as you can tell, have been deleted.  I haven't been paying much attention to the ex-members of Chou-Chou and Girly Chou due to other preoccupations.  Here's what I can tell to anyone who cares to read my comments...

My favorite member of Chou-Chou, who wasn't in Girly Chou, is Nakano Yuuka.  Yuppie (Yuuka's nickname) deleted her blog in August 2012.  She mentioned in her last post (translated by a friend) getting an opportunity to achieve her big dream.  I'm still not sure what that is, unless she was signed to avex or another label, but I can't find any mention of a single she recorded or some event she's been in since December 2012.  Unfortunately every solo performance from Yuppie has been deleted from YouTube.    

While searching for pix of Yuuka, I came across some old pix of Manatsu.  Manatsu has apparently deleted her Gree blog, which makes two blogs she's deleted.  I have no idea what has happened to her either.  

Mori Hanano of Chou-Chou has been active as a member of avex artist academy cover group Sparcle ever since Chou-Chou disbanded.  She sometimes performs with the female members of Sparcle (yes, there's a boy in this group) as Sparcle Girls.  Again, many of the videos for Sparcle and Sparcle Girls are now deleted from YouTube.  

Fuuna, my second favorite Chou-Chou member, is still active as a model.  Here is a video from 2012 with Fuuna modeling some kiddie fashion line.  Fu-chan appears about two minutes into the video, and be sure to watch the end credits to see Fuuna's rarely used family name!  

Konishi Rika and Asada Moka are still performing as MokaRika.  They haven't recorded a single that I know of, but they really should!  Come on, avex!  Get these girls in the studio!  Fans of MokaRika can still find some of their videos on YouTube by typing this name in a search.  I found eight videos, but there might be more.       

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users