• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Mei.ka~

Mei.ka~

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2211 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:30 AM

First off, if there is already a thread for this, if this is an inappropriate topic etc., please delete. (Although I checked the General H!P section a couple of times already and haven't found a thread like this. ^.^)

Now to the actual topic. This is the H!P Song Sound-a-likes thread! (Anyone have a better title? ^^;)
This is where you can post an H!P(or related, like Happy Style, TNX etc.) song or another song that sounds like another H!P song. I have been meaning to make a thread like this since about a half a year ago, so now I finally made it! :D This is isn't just for fun, but so that we can learn of other new songs if we already like the H!P song being compared.

I guess some suggestions/rules to posting are:
1. Since this is an H!P thread, you cannot make a comparison with a non H!P song and another non H!P song. (But that should be obvious, right?)
2. If you can, post videos to the songs so that they can be heard! ^.^
3. It'd also be nice if you can add a brief description to where the comparison can be heard (End of song, beginning, during choruses etc.) if the songs don't sound alike for the whole thing.

Here are brief examples:

I think that Berryz's Ai no Suki Suki Shisuu Joushouchuu sounds like MM's Genki Pika Pika! in both of the songs' beginning instrumentals
[Berryz link] - Starts at 0:10
[MM link] - Starts at 0:06

In my opinion, Buono's Goal sounds a lot like Coldplay's Viva la Vida throughout most of the song.
[Comparison video link]

And that's all! Again, please delete this topic if it violates the rules. But for the time being, I can't wait to see what song comparisons people can come up with! ^.^

VwvggPK.jpg
Avatar and Signature by Me ~I love cheese! X3~"
Graphics Thread

#2 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

You say "No" to making a comparison with a non H!P song and another non H!P song, but then you went on to compare Buono's Goal with Viva la Vida? Since when did Upfront become Coldplay's managing agency?

#3 Mei.ka~

Mei.ka~

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2211 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

^ I said you could compare an H!P song with another H!P song or another non H!P song, but not make a comparison that is non H!P and non H!P. In this case, Buono is H!P and Coldplay is non H!P. If I compared Coldplay and AKB, for example, that wouldn't count since they're both non H!P. If you still think what I'm saying is contradictory, please tell me. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I have said what I needed to say.

EDIT: You probably just read that rule and assumed I only meant H!P. Sorry about that. I'll try to make the rules clearer. What I meant to say is no non-H!P X non-H!P comparisons, but you CAN do H!P X H!P and H!P X non-H!P comparisons; as long as there is H!P in the comparison.

VwvggPK.jpg
Avatar and Signature by Me ~I love cheese! X3~"
Graphics Thread

#4 MayaChanShiDae

MayaChanShiDae

basically inactive

• Senpai
  • 2327 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

Great thread Idea Mei-chan! Grrrrr I've thought of so manga of these but I can't remember DX

aikagifwtex.gif
♥ Morning Musume (Sayu, Eripon, Aichan, Haruna, Miki, Nine smile lineup) H!P (Maimai, Nakky, Captain) ♥
♥ Sig by xdrewdrawdrawn ♥ Avvie by Jamie ♥ Voted Greatest High-King and Milky Way fan 2011 ♥

♥ Kikka 
TwitterTumblr

#5 ThePinkMandarine

ThePinkMandarine

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

IMO

AISHA LOAN DE

STRANGELY SOUND LIKE

MY SHARONA

am I the only one thinking it XD
Posted Image
"Naichou!" (fans of Reina will understand ;D )
http://ameblo.jp/kawaiimorocco/
http://www.youtube.c...hePinkMandarine

#6 Chimai

Chimai

Kamonegikkusu~

• Senpai
  • 4214 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

Posting the obvious Sukiyaki and Piriri to Yukou! XD They even did a mash-up of the two at an H!P concert.

Alos, the very beginning of the Sentaku Monotachi chorus from AKB's K6 stage sounds a loooot like Tanpopo's Otome Pasta ni Kandou XD

Otome Pasta ni Kandou (I'm sure we all know this lovely song and if you don't shame on you, but skip to 1:25 if you need a refresher for the chorus):

Sentaku Monotachi (skip to 1:15):

#7 sillykitty

sillykitty

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 443 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

^
The opening few bars of Otome Pasta ni Kandou also sound similar to The Beatles' Getting Better.

#8 AkiSuki

AkiSuki

4th gen member

• Validating
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

Posting the obvious Sukiyaki and Piriri to Yukou! XD They even did a mash-up of the two at an H!P concert.

Alos, the very beginning of the Sentaku Monotachi chorus from AKB's K6 stage sounds a loooot like Tanpopo's Otome Pasta ni Kandou XD

Otome Pasta ni Kandou (I'm sure we all know this lovely song and if you don't shame on you, but skip to 1:25 if you need a refresher for the chorus):

Sentaku Monotachi (skip to 1:15):

Indeed! It was too same! I found one almost sounds like Otome pasta or should I say, Otome pasta sounds so much like this. It was only few seconds parts in Matsu wa, song covered by W...
3qx.png

I'm in love / Unrequited Love

#9 pinkguin

pinkguin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2797 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

I always thought the instrumental of 'Genki Pikka Pikka!' and 'Everyday Zekkouchou!!' sound veeery similar:

Seishun Collection matches with them, too:

well at least for me they do ;)

#10 Dreamiin

Dreamiin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 667 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

Berryz Koubou - Suhada Pichipichi

and

Muten Musume. - Kura Sushi Bikurapon!

boa_si10.png

Set made by me
Visit my graphic thread

#11 Ella Bee

Ella Bee

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1255 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

Melon Kinenbi's Kawaii Kare came on my last.fm station earlier and I was thinking about how much it sounds like MM's Onna ni Sachi Are.

Morning Musume - Kaede || C-ute - Airi || ANGERME - Kamiko || Juice=Juice - Sayubee || Country Girls - Musubu || Kobushi Factory - Rio || Tsubaki Factory - Kiki

#12 Dantea

Dantea

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:20 AM

Renai Hunter

= this. SFM. x_x

Posted Image
Kumai Yurina · 10th generation · Oda Sakura · Akimoto Sayaka · Tashima Meru · Sashihara Rino · Mitsui Aika · Sudo Maasa

http://flyinthefingwine.blogspot.com/

#13 Sinicharuccha

Sinicharuccha

イケメン女子

• Senpai
  • 612 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

lol I don't know can I post this here but
http://sieni.us/?id=14
Chocotto Love remix? o\

Pretty weird to find this at Finnish site ^^;

♡ Masaki Sato ♡ dreamBoat (Fudanjuku, ael, EUPHORIA) ♡ SAY-LA

#14 Ririe

Ririe

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 361 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

^
That is amazingly bizarre and definitely too much like Chokotto LOVE to be a coincidence. ^^;

Aisha Loan De's guitar bit at 0:15-0:21 is the exact same rhythm that runs at 0:03-0:14 for Kirai Suki Daikirai and gets repeated during the breaks in both songs. It's not that big a similarity, I just like how Tsunku is still using bits and pieces of his old stuff almost ten years later. <3

Speaking of which, obligatory reference to Kataomoi no Owari Ni's similarity (esp at 1:21-1:35) to Akogare My Boy's bridge at 1:51-2:15.

#15 hoilo

hoilo

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

The "Awatezu ni" line at the beginning of All for one & One for all
(at 0:13)

And "I will follow him" especially the faster part
(at 1:42)

#16 Dreamiin

Dreamiin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 667 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

°C-ute - JUMP

THE Possible - Love Message!

boa_si10.png

Set made by me
Visit my graphic thread

#17 kikilalaz

kikilalaz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 667 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

Berryz Koubou - Dschinghis Khan sounds a lot like Dschinghis Khan - Dschinghis Khan :D

#18 innocence

innocence

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 482 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

There is already a debate about this one but...

C-ute - Hare no Platinum Doori

Orange Caramel - Magic Girl

Especially the chorus!

Love Koharu Forever and Always! Voted Kusumi Koharu's Greatest Fan 2011!
Posted Image
Koharu photo collection: 1537 (L) + 126 (Postcard) + 115 (2L) + 13 (Polaroids) + 1 (A5) + 1 (A4) + 3 (Trading Card sized) = 1796 photos
See my mini shop to buy some nice H!P goods! Also swapping for anything Koharu~

#19 mochi.rini

mochi.rini

新垣 里沙...大好き!❤

• Senpai
  • 1024 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

Maybe it's just me, but the beginning instrumental intro of Risa's grad version of Egao ni Namida reminds me of the beginning intro of Aaron Carter's "I want Candy" :lol:

Hi~iiya!~ (>^ u ^)>Posted Image

I support T a k a G a k i

Risa picture Tumblr

Rini's blog \(^ - ^)/

#20 MayaChanShiDae

MayaChanShiDae

basically inactive

• Senpai
  • 2327 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Kikka's new single and Galaxias sound really similar to me :D

aikagifwtex.gif
♥ Morning Musume (Sayu, Eripon, Aichan, Haruna, Miki, Nine smile lineup) H!P (Maimai, Nakky, Captain) ♥
♥ Sig by xdrewdrawdrawn ♥ Avvie by Jamie ♥ Voted Greatest High-King and Milky Way fan 2011 ♥

♥ Kikka 
TwitterTumblr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users