220 replies to this topic

#181 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

♥ Full Support for Up-Up Girls! ♥ ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

She can't anymore. She resigned.

And if her condition is a lot worse, honestly, that's all the more reason to resign. Don't even THINK about AKB before you get better. Because distracting yourself, even mentally, is not a good idea. If you even think you want to rush back to work, you'll end up forcing yourself to get better, at least subconsciously. So it's very important to focus solely on getting better, if it's really that bad.

Besides, despite being pushed, Kaoru was not featured in hardly anything... No PVs or anything like that. A few commercials and some performances in concerts, but it wasn't anything huge. At least Umechan WAS in senbatsu in her early days, and she is a 2nd gen member, so she was around when AKB was very small. The situation is just too different, if you ask me.

I just don't want Kaoru to force herself to "get better" faster, so that's why I'm thinking she made the right choice.

VMAYe.png

★ UUG ★ UUG2 ★ Fudanjuku ★ GEM ★ STU48 ★

(Updated to reflect groups that I currently follow closely and are active... Maybe I'll update the picture or something eventually. I'm lazy.)

#182 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

Hey hey hey. I'm as upset as you about this whole deal, but if you think I'm lacking common sense just because I'm not responding to the fact that I DO understand why she did what she did and all her rationale and thoughts behind the decision, then you're sorely mistaken.

The fact is though, she burned a bridge she could still walk on. She mentioned herself that she's pretty negative regarding certain things, and I think she let the antis and her negativity get to her while she was forming her opinion on what she should do with her career. Her frustration due to not being able to live up to her actual fans' expectations is something I also know would have factored into it, as this sort of thing can eat into your mind. Another thing is that with her personality, she is bound to think that she'll be ok when she probably isn't and force herself to perform when she shouldn't, which is what you keep pointing out, and I KNOW this.

Still, she could have at least tried to talk with Akimoto Yasushi about this and try to at least find a way to be able to get back on track AFTER she recovers fully from her illness. She basically committed a career-reset (not a career suicide though), as she'll have to start completely from scratch once she fully recovers instead of being able to get back into AKB and just get into shape and up to date when she is able to. Sure she has no idea when or if she's going to get better, but she shouldn't have completely given up hope regarding her place in AKB. Akimoto Yasushi is all about 'If you want something, go take it yourself' (in a good meaning), and I'm sure he would've probably been delighted to hear news of Mitsumune not backing down on her dreams even with her health failing.

If Mitsumune herself doesn't want to continue with her career as a singer and performer however, then it's a different issue altogether.

#183 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

This is really sad.

At first I thought Kaoru was interesting due to her background, as she was rather polished already, and of course not a youngster either in that sense. But then I wondered what she could offer to the group, and wasn't really sure anymore.

But you know, there's some things that's always valuable to any group, and that's team play - no matter if you're the #1 girl or the #72nd girl on some sort of rank. And as I watched Nemousu TV and read about Kaori and how other girls perceived her, I realized she was a very supportive "older sister" character in the group, to her peers, the other RS girls. She did her best and she was very much liked by them. Watching Nemousu TV was enjoyable because you could see she put her soul into it, and that's what matters the most.

Of course, in the bigger picture, her health matters the most to her because without any health there won't be any Kaoru. I really hope she gets well again, but I am left thinking that perhaps she's being too quick about her decision to leave, especially so when management says she can take her time.

As far as "featured in hardly anything", this is wrong. She was featured in a lot for who she was, an RS girl. She was in dramas, a movie, commercials, stage shows, unit in AKB Kohaku, units in concerts, and so on. This is a lot for an RS. Then she got promoted as regular member. If her health would've been normal now, I think that with the onset of regular stages, we could possibly have seen a girl that could continue in the same manner, doing various things like that.

It's a pity it came to this, I would've liked to seen it unfold differently.

#184 Lynn

Lynn

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

I'm really sad to hear this news:(( She is my second oshi and I haven't bought any goods of her yet. However, I respect her decision to leave. Hope she will recover her health soon.
I wonder if she will a new blog for her fans? I still want to hear from her:((

#185 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

Usually "talents", idols, models, or people just involved with something of public attention tend to have blogs of some kind.

So if Kaori returns to such a job, then I am pretty sure she will have a blog - she has followers after all.

#186 drahzaar

drahzaar

510 Bengonin

• Senpai
  • 2392 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

Well management said she could take her time to recover and come back and she still wanted to quit. I was completely ready to start liking her once the new team K started, she seemed like a great fit. Now I just see her taking a drama role and pushes that other girls would have loved. The good thing is, team K has no one new being pushed now...so maybe...*crosses fingers*

h_obanner.jpg

#187 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

She was certainly featured in a lot for a KKS. But if you don't pay attention closely to AKB, you would still not really notice her. It's not like she was a front girl in the group overall. I guess in that computer (or whatever it was) commercial with the main senbatsu members... That's the only time I feel people would have known... Non-hardcore fans. Casuals. Isn't it true that casual fans only know like... Kami 7 and a few other main senbatsu girls? And super pushed girls? She wasn't in any single PVs either. I'm not saying she got no exposure, I know she did, but not really enough to say that it was a lot compared to members who are already full members, or are rom 12th gen and before. All the members from 1st through 12th gen were in Managuu or at least one of its b-side PVs. That's kinda what I'm saying.

But that's not the main issue really.

And I still think she made the right choice... If you are subconsciously worried about something else, you'll get better slower. So it's still important to take your mind off things. Besides, like I said, the timing is for the best.

I don't think it would have been easy for her to jump back into AKB anyway -- Ryoka and other 13th gen girls will have probably pulled way further ahead, and the same with other next-gen girls with a huge push, like Paruru, AnRiRe, and others. I feel like she did make the right choice. I know it's gonna be hard for her, but I fear it'd be just as hard to go back to AKB. She said she was always somewhat weak, right? Well how is that gonna change when she goes back? It probably wouldn't. That's why I think it's better this way. No reason she can't do acting or modeling but maybe dancing and singing is a little too much.

---

Oh and I apologize for replying late -- my building cut off electricity about five minutes before the first reply since my last post. No electricity means no internet. *sigh*

VMAYe.png

(Updated to reflect groups that I currently follow closely and are active... Maybe I'll update the picture or something eventually. I'm lazy.)

#188 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

I'm not among those that like her or at least ignore, but I don't remember asking anywhere for literally physical elimination of her. Not the welcomed kind of outcome.

Posted Image

#189 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

Well she's the one who wanted it -- management wanted her to stay, from what I gather. But if it's her own choice, do we really have the right to oppose it in the first place?

VMAYe.png

#190 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

Attached Files

#191 rana

rana

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

thank for pics, I miss her so much ><

I hope she will comeback soon, even not in AKB

#192 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

VMAYe.png

#193 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

Press interview for "Joshi Camera / Girl Camera," Mitsumune's first venture into film, and she's still too sick to show up for the first day screening and media interviews. :cold:

#194 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

It doesnt look like Kaoru will be in the ATARU SP coming up soon. Shimazaki Haruka will, however
http://www.tokyohive...l-more-details/

... :cold:

#195 visionfactory

visionfactory

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 770 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Anybody know if there is a LOD featuring Kaoru as a Team K member?

ºC-uteYajima Maimi

Juice=JuiceMiyamoto Karin

Berryz工房Sugaya Risako

#196 dkmy

dkmy

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

She was still sick when she was promoted to team K. Never perform as a member.

#197 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

AHHH I WANT THIS POSTER!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#198 VADJAR

VADJAR

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

is anyone know any news of her?
Im a bit worried since theres a rumor she had anorexia nervosa

anyway is Joshi camera released yet?

#199 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

KAORUUUUUUUUUUUキタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!
http://blog.livedoor...s/52014766.html

http://blog.livedoor...s/52014854.html

本日10時オープン♪( ´▽`)
リフレもすぐご案内できます。
12時までにご帰宅された方はチケット類のご利用OK!

昨日の突然サプライズ、めいどるちぇ卒業メイドカヲルこと光宗薫さんのご帰宅♪( ´▽`)

ほんと元気でなによりでした。
Posted Image

Kaoru made a SURPRISE appearance at the maid cafe she used to work today!!
I'm so happy o(╥﹏╥)o

anyway is Joshi camera released yet?

Its on Amazon http://www.amazon.co...敏/dp/B00AF0FIWA

Attached Files

#200 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

She seems to be healthier, which is great news.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users