Photo

[SINGLE] Nogizaka46's Debut Single - Guruguru Curtain (2012/02/22)

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#41 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

And part of the PV for Nogizaka no Uta (3rd track of Type A) (all 33 members)

#42 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

I caved and ended up ordering this. It's so good! A really strong first release! I love the Onyanko Club sound! I really hope they continue with this old school sound. I just love it!
Posted Image
ICHIGOGO Twitter Last.fm Excessive Drama
秋元才加 ♥ 峯岸みなみ ♥ 篠田麻里子 ♥ 松井珠理奈 ~ freezingkiss

#43 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

I was listening to what I now know is "Guruguru Curtain" a few days ago and kept wondering "Why does this song sound so familiar?" It took me a while to go through my anime music collection, but it finally hit me. The opening theme to Petite Princess Yucie, a 2002 fantasy series has the same exact melody during the chorus. Now listen to "Egao no Tensai" by Puchipurizu and then "Guruguru Curtain".

To me, the melodies sound the same. Maybe no one here cares, but I find this a little insulting. :bad:

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#44 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

This AND the controversy with Give Me Five? Annoying.
Posted Image

#45 gryzze

gryzze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1443 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

What "Give me five" controversy?

#46 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

There's no "controversy", just some people that think a few seconds long segment of another song sounds exactly like a few seconds long segment of "GIVE ME FIVE" is the same, hence "plagiarism", which is a bit far-fetched.

#47 gryzze

gryzze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1443 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

I see... I don't think the likeness of Nogizaka's song to that anime song is that bad either.

Sure there is a likeness but it's hard to write a song that has no likeness to any other song.

#48 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

I see... I don't think the likeness of Nogizaka's song to that anime song is that bad either.

Sure there is a likeness but it's hard to write a song that has no likeness to any other song.

It's probably just because they take loads of influence from heaps of different places.

Yet I don't agree that it's hard to write a completely unique song. Loads of artists do it.
Posted Image

#49 anhh

anhh

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5584 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:45 AM

Many songwriters trying to write a hit use elements from other songs (a bassline, a drum break, etc.) as "hooks". You heart the song for the first time but somehow you feel you already know the tune. And spending some days with a singer or group playing records for then just mixing bits from here and there is just the songwriting mainstream model.

Anyway, with idol music, you have blocks of music or quotes on already known styles that work as signifiers, hints for this or that mood. I don't know how many idol songs just use the "heartbeat" break from The Ronettes (even the chords and the bassline).

#50 Vodka

Vodka

Berryz Avengers! Assemble!

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:09 AM

Spoiler

#51 drahzaar

drahzaar

510 Bengonin

• Senpai
  • 2392 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

that part sounds good in both songs so I don't have a problem with it ^^;

h_obanner.jpg

#52 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

Aitakatta Kamoshirenai PV out
http://v.youku.com/v...UwNDQxNDc2.html

#53 Picky

Picky

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 653 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

I can't think of this group as a rival to AKB, singing Aitakatta was a bit annoying at first but now Acchan is in their video. x.x

Posted Image

Top ---48:-1.Matsubara Natsumi -2.Tomomi Kasai -3. Iriyama Anna

#54 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

If AKB48, SKE48, SDN48, NMB48 and HKT48 are sister groups, then Nogizaka46 is more like their "cousin group" instead of "rival group"

#55 drahzaar

drahzaar

510 Bengonin

• Senpai
  • 2392 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

Aitakatta Kamoshirenai PV out
http://v.youku.com/v...UwNDQxNDc2.html

the retarded music at the beginning still cracks me up lol....then it sounds normal after a few seconds. I think Takamina and Yuko were running harder in the original version :P
Acchan there is cool

h_obanner.jpg

#56 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:45 AM

^2
Cousins can be rivals, Krusha lol

#57 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

^ HUH. I am very glad I didn't order this version of the single. I hope this never happens again. No more covers please. :/
Posted Image

#58 bontakun

bontakun

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

I enjoyed it. In fact, I do hope that this becomes something of a tradition for the group - have the coupling track of their singles be an alternate mix of an AKB song. Spoof the PV as well and keep up the guest appearances by AKB girls, preferably with a funny look on their faces, y'know :blink: or :o or <_< or :huh:. Heck, sneak a Nogizaka girl into AKB videos too but make it less obvious unlike Acchan's cameo...somewhere in the background so that we have to watch out for it, and with a cheeky expression XP. That would be fun.

#59 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

^ No it'd be really friggin stupid is what it would be. What would be the point of naming them rivals when all they end up being is another sister group? We have ENOUGH girls from NMB/SKE and now HKT and JKT in AKB video's and songs to start letting Nogizaka girls in, and no to the cover song idea too. They aren't S/mileage ffs. I want original material and I want it to be good.
Posted Image

#60 bontakun

bontakun

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

Which is why i said coupling tracks, which is exactly what Aitakatta Kamoshiranai is.

Would it have been stupid released as a single? Yes. As a coupling track to their own singles? Fun. If anything it enhances the rivalry. Its like "hey, we're going to beat you at your own game - do it better than you even."

Edit: Also, I do think its good. You just don't realize that alternate versions like this are even harder to perform than the originals. That is not a comfortable chord they are working in, plus they need to resist singing the song like they know it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users