Photo

[SINGLE] Nogizaka46's Debut Single - Guruguru Curtain (2012/02/22)

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#21 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

^ Seriously?

This gets a big, huge, massive :/ from me.
Posted Image
ICHIGOGO Twitter Last.fm Excessive Drama
秋元才加 ♥ 峯岸みなみ ♥ 篠田麻里子 ♥ 松井珠理奈 ~ freezingkiss

#22 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:49 AM

^Ehhhhhh......

I thought it was awesome, weird at listening to it first, but awesome!
I love the arrangements!

#23 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

It's lazy though. They shouldn't have ANY AKB material AT ALL. They are supposed to be rivals. I swear, if they have stages like AKB and they have ANY copied stages, I'm going to be annoyed.
Posted Image

#24 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

I agree.

For example, I don't care about AKBN0 because of their deliberate copycat strategy, ripping off so much from AKB48. Granted, they are nowhere close to AKB48 in quality. Still, that they have to copy AKB48 to even exist is sad.

Now, there's just one song so far from Nogizaka46 which is an original AKB48 song, and whether it sounds good or not to me is besides the point. What I think, is that it's cheap to lash onto them AKB48 material, even if you own the rights, and even if you can.
They ought to establish themselves as an idol group with original material. That they are "official rivals" to AKB48 is only because DefStar and Akimoto have an agreement, nothing else. There's been so many idol groups in the past years that has announced that they are rivals of AKB48, or tried to copy their strategy and everybody have failed.

If you're a rival to AKB48 it means you are capable to compete with them in terms of sales, popularity and so on. That takes time to decide and you can't just declare yourself a rival of a world champion when you haven't even gone through regional championships yet.

Of course, this is not something that either DefStar or Akimoto cares about. Akimoto knows that he can create a new idol group and it will have more potential to sell well than any other group, solely because of it being him that is producing it, and that he is pulling the new group into his AKB48 scheme. It's smart and it results in interest (how many would care about Nogizaka46 if it had nothing to do with either Akimoto or AKB48? In other words, it's like me asking you here how many cares about [names of 10 minor idol groups that hardly makes it onto Oricon]? ).

But, like Snapple said, it's also lazy. In the recent days with specials like Kin Sma, and thinking about the AKB48 documentary, and other programs that has shown AKB48 from the beginning, and of course also thinking about all the stories I've been told of group, individuals, fans, etc. - I can't just help feel that it's a cheap move towards the girls who released Aitakatta back in the days.

#25 Picky

Picky

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 653 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

The song sounds alright but the rival thing...It feels more like this is going to be like another sister group that just runs things a bit differently instead of a rival. I feel like it's going to be similar to SDN that they aren't included in things like the election but they are a sister group and sing AKB songs sometimes. without the pure amazingness of SDN though

Posted Image

Top ---48:-1.Matsubara Natsumi -2.Tomomi Kasai -3. Iriyama Anna

#26 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

Yeah I agree... And I've seen a lot of comments by Japanese fans on G+, where they go "SDN48 > Nogizaka46" and says that it's a pity that SDN48 gets cancelled, but there's money put on this instead.

Of course, that's an opinion, and one could also say why not have both?

I hope that it's only Aitakatta that they redo, and nothing more :)

#27 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:15 PM

Ummm, all righty then. I didn't think the performance/alternative version was bad, but I do think the idea was bad. If Nogizaka46 is going to be seen as a serious rival and an independant group with their own success, then redoing an AKB song (and not doing it as well as the original) isn't the best choice. They'll just be viewed as another sister group that will never have the same reach or popularity as AKB (in my opinion, at least).

Personally, I was excited for this group at first, and I wanted to watch them develop. But I'm becoming bored. At the moment, I don't see anything that makes them special and sets them apart from other idol groups. There are many excellent idols these days, and they've got to be competitive. If you are AKB's official rivals, you have to live up to this in some way. Maybe this is expecting too much too soon, but this is how they've been built up, isn't it?

#28 telepudding

telepudding

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 621 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

I think it's like a "I can do better than you" thing. As in "you did this song, but we can make it much better than you guys can". I'm not saying it's true, just that it kind of makes sense with the "rival" concept.

#29 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

^Agree
"Anything u can do, i can do better"

Honestly speaking, a handful of AkiP's blueprints for the group hasnt come into fruition,the blueprints that got me originally excited for the group in the first place, and im thinking they may not happen at all....
This group could become another group to experiement his ideas off of that he couldnt do with AKB48...which i dont mind, I love to watch AkiP experiements (its provokes attention and interest)

Having two separate groups gives him more things to play around with than having them all under one family. And if he pretty much owns both sides then he can pretty much manipulate the battle quite a bit

Its all goes into AkiP's pocket though, smart man :good:

But whatever AkiP REALLY has planned for this group, i hope he hurry up and show us.

Master Puppeteer should be added to this long list of names in the business lolsz, he's awesome :santa:

#30 CathyRingo

CathyRingo

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

I WANTED MY BEBITAN IN SENBATSU ~

Keke, can't wait for this single!! ^^;

#31 pigmin0239

pigmin0239

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 324 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:52 AM

PV is almost the same ^^;
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I'm glad my two favourite members are acting the same role of AKB's top members ^_^
One acting Itano and one acting Takahashi :D
nothing lasts forever!

#32 drahzaar

drahzaar

510 Bengonin

• Senpai
  • 2392 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

^ROFL
Damn Akimoto is gettin greedy, I hope he doesn't make TOO much off doing that but he probably will :lol:
You know it's all part of his master plan right, start an outcry then blindside ppl with something new :good:

h_obanner.jpg

#33 LovelyPrincessP

LovelyPrincessP

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1015 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

Been looping Aitakatta Kamoshirenai all day. It is teh awesome.

Posted Image

~Forever A Koharu Kusumi Oshi~

#34 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:56 AM

Dear AKB48. https://lh5.googleus...ai%2520CM07.jpg

We are huge fans of yours. https://lh4.googleus...ai%2520CM08.jpg

We like you guys very much. https://lh5.googleus...ai%2520CM09.jpg

That's why we are working hard to surpass you. https://lh5.googleus...ai%2520CM10.jpg

#35 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

#36 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

Love the song. Hate the outfits. I think Aki-P may have them be a little like Onyanko Club, they immediately reminded me of them right off the bat.
Posted Image

#37 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:32 AM

The covers are out
http://www.sonymusic...ka46/index.html

Some songs were revealed too. More info on the updated first post
Credit: http://stage48.net/f...=524850#p524844

#38 熊⋆ichapyon×

熊⋆ichapyon×

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4331 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

i found a longer cm..

❝ j-trance
Posted Image
〖 voted greatest fan of kumai yurina & nagasawa wakana 2011 ♥ 〗 ××× set made by S-N-I-P-E-R

#39 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

#40 LovelyPrincessP

LovelyPrincessP

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1015 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

... I'm pretty annoyed the same three members are on each cover honestly. Especially with 4 covers, they could have easily divided them between the 16 senbatsu members. What were they thinking? :-/

The song is really nice but overall, this release is kind of... underwhelming? Maybe if the dance wasn't so lame and the outfits weren't so ugly...? Aitakatta Kamoshirena is the only thing that has gotten me excited thus far.

Posted Image

~Forever A Koharu Kusumi Oshi~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users