225 replies to this topic

#1 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

Mods can we PLEASE have a TV sub forum?

Or just re-name this sub forum [TV+Movies] or something?

Whose been watching? I'm upto episode 6. Amazing stuff!!! So awesome! I'm getting the book box set for my birthday too which is ace.

Please pre-face ANY posts with a spoiler with [spoiler] or under a highlight, also feel free to talk about the books or TV show here.
Posted Image
ICHIGOGO Twitter Last.fm Excessive Drama
秋元才加 ♥ 峯岸みなみ ♥ 篠田麻里子 ♥ 松井珠理奈 ~ freezingkiss

#2 Chimai

Chimai

Kamonegikkusu~

• Senpai
  • 4214 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

I agree, we really need a TV section >.<

I've never watched it but my brother LOOOVES the books. It's on my list of things to watch, although that is a fairly long list..

#3 Kecham

Kecham

Night Owl

• Senpai
  • 866 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

I have the first five episodes on my HD but I've only seen the first one,
that first scene was WOW, I'm not going to give away any spoilers for people that have yet to see it
just going to say it was WOW
overall looks awesome definitively going to start watching.
Haven't read the books but who knows
I started reading The Sword of Truth novels because of Legend of the seeker XD
so maybe I'll start reading this too in the future ^^;

"If you give up on the most important dream in your life
you'll gradually lose your true self"

tumblr

#4 Dran

Dran

Enlightened One | ½ of KIDS-Subs

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

I haven't seen the TV series yet. I'm in the middle of reading/listening to the books. (I'm a fan of audiobooks, as well as print)

The series is full of spoilers, and I'd much rather finish off the book before I risk that.

#5 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

^ I wanted to read them first too but I just will take ages, I didn't want to be out of the loop with this show. I definitely still will read the books though, as I am sure there are some stuff in the books that aren't in the show and vice versa.
Posted Image

#6 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:17 AM

Well, I don't have the fastest reading speed myself. But the books are definitely page-turners. It's so chock full of plot twists that every couple of chapters you are going, "Wtf? Must read on!"

And the audiobooks are great listening for long commutes. Take in a chapter on your way to work or to school each day. :D

#7 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

It just seems to get better with every episode!!! I'm up to episode 7 now and it's just incredible! I can't wait to finish the season so I can watch all the season 2 previews and making-ofs.

NOW WITH ADDED NATALIE DORMER. hsbfsjghsjgffgskjgfysfgbk!! I love her so much! She is amazing in The Tudors (as Anne Boleyn) and I think she will be equally amazing in Game of Thrones.

EDIT: Episode 9!!!! *cries* AH IT WAS AMAZING AND SAD!!!
Posted Image

#8 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

Finished the book of A Game of Thrones. And have started on A Clash of Kings
Am I right in assuming that the TV series ends there? Or does it also incorporate the later books as well?

#9 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

Pretty sure I have heard they are doing a series for each book, there's 5 now so it may go on for a while. I hope it does!
Posted Image

#10 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

Ah. So having completed the first book, it's now safe to watch the series without worrying about spoilers of events in the later books?

#11 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

I saw it advertised in a TV magazine and my boyfriend loves anything medieval so I told him about it. He'd already read the books and so we've watched the first two Seasons together and I love it! I'm not used to these kind of names yet so I'm still memorising some characters names but I do love the plot!
The character I love is Daenerys because she has a lot of guts! I don't know I just find her cool and the actress Emilia Clarke is beautiful!
I wouldn't mind giving Joffrey a slap though XD
Then I've started liking Margaery but that's only because it has the amazing Natalie Dormer! I loved her in The Tudors!

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#12 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

You don't need a reason to help people.

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:19 AM

This thread really should be getting quite a lot more love considering how unbelievably awesome this show is.  Into season three now, and I thought the most recent episode was a little slow, but it's all part of the story telling process, I suppose.

I loved it in the end of the previous episode when

Spoiler
(My spoiler is actually relatively spoiler free).

I wonder what the show makers will do when the series finally catches up to the books? (Assuming more books haven't been written by that time).

#13 michi.K.O

michi.K.O

Fuku-hime's Royal Butler

• Senpai
  • 2387 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

Any book reader here? I want to read it but I don't want any spoiler. Do the TV show stray a lot from the book or just minor stuff, like I heard in the book Arya wasn't the cupbearer for Tywin but for someone else. 

*rants* I just knew Margaery will have an interesting role the moment she appeared as Renly's queen! She's really amazing! And I kinda feel guilty or having the urge to ship Sansa with the Hound and Jaime with Brienne. XD I also have a very strong feeling that the dragons will play an important role in defeating the white walkers. And gosh, Bran's actor is reaching puberty.... */rants*

TEAM MIZUKINGDOM!

#14 ダコタ!

ダコタ!

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 397 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:17 AM

I'm reading the books currently. They don't stray much from the path of the TV show, as the TV show pretty much follows the books. There are minor differences, such as in the books, Arya's dancing master Syrio is depicted as bald. And yes, Arya was Roose Bolton's cupbearer, not Tywin's in the books. Nothing major is changed though, all the fights (whether with words or swords) are all pretty much represented the same in both mediums. That being said, an advantage of reading the books would obviously be gaining much more understanding of the characters and more knowledge of the world within the series. Events such as Robert's Rebellion and the final days of Aerys Targaryen's reign are covered in much more detail, and especially the events leading up to Lyanna's death, and eventually the death of the Mad King himself. Although I did hear that a movie is in production that will cover all of the events leading up to the start of season one, the books are still the go-to place for history in my opinion.

Side note, the idea of the dragons being vital in the fight against the white walkers sounds very... awesome. At this point, I don't think there's anything Dany can't do. She continues to amaze me in every episode she's in. I just wish she were in every episode... *sigh*

Life is but a movie.

#15 Sludgie-kun

Sludgie-kun

M-line member

• Senpai
  • 1581 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:58 AM

My bets on the eventual outcome of the series:

1. Tyrells rule the seven kingdoms with the exception of

2. Bolton who rules the north

3. Littlefinger has power over the east, if not rules it

I think Dany is a snobbish spoilt kid who thinks the world is her birthright. Hope she gets killed in the next book, that would make me happy =DDD

矢口真里, 夢を持つことを教えてくれて, ありがとう!!!

心から感謝しています。一緒に将来のことを見出しましょう!!!

#16 michi.K.O

michi.K.O

Fuku-hime's Royal Butler

• Senpai
  • 2387 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

^ OMG! Soulmate! lol I thought I'm the only one who thought so. I don't hate Dany in fact I think it's cool that she's releasing all those slaves and stuff but goodness gracious, she expect everyone to hand over everything to her just because her ancestors once sat on the iron throne. Like, get real. The Targaryens were not even the founding family of Westeros or something,

TEAM MIZUKINGDOM!

#17 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

But pretty much everyone on the series feels they have the right because of history, the past, ancestors and stuff. X3 

I want Daenerys to rule and return to make amends for the Mad King, and she is shown as compassive and just, so she's pretty much awesome in my eyes. Apart from Daenerys in the Iron Throne and any Stark in the North, I don't know what to make for the other kingdoms. Like, what will happen to the Lannisters. 

I want to know if Gendry's role in the book is similar to what's been going on with him in the tv series.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#18 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

^ Exactly! I'm not watching the show (frankly, it's ridiculous enough reading the books. I often feel like I'm only reading them to see how it all plays out in the end, 'cause stuff just keeps getting more and more complicated. Who knows how it'll end, besides old George.)

Anyways, yeah, basically everybody believes that they have the right to own Westeros. The thing that sets Dany apart is that she actually thinks about people - not how to profit from them or use them, but how to rule them and help them and lead them. She wants to make things better not just for herself but for everybody (or, at least, everybody who has suffered). If she thinks that everybody should just hand the throne over to her, it's because she's young. But I think it's also clear that she's willing to fight for it. Maybe her portrayal on TV is different from the books?

But good luck watching season 4 (it'll match up with book 4, right?) whenever is airs. The Iron Islands are so boring, never has the urge to skip sections been greater than with the Iron Islands.

By the way, according to wiki, there are at least two book yet to be published (in addition to the current 5), so the series will go on for quite a while.

And, just wait. If you thought things were crazy now, just wait. Like, the "big thing" that had people freaking out recently was the most unpredictable thing for me reading it - lots of stuff you can predict, but that was like "WHAT?!" - but there's still some interesting turn of events in store.

#19 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

Warning: Not exactly tv spoilers but...don't read if you haven't finished the tv series I guess. X3

After the first big event (Bran's) and the first big dead, I knew this series was going to bring a loooot of surprises. The Red Wedding and Daenerys sudden "oh hey I also speak Valyrian suckers" were great. 

I think Dany is exactly how you described, and I love how she always gives the people she frees a choice, so I don't think the portrayal is any different. 

I'm not sure, I never knew in which book we were. I wish I could have time to read them. =/ 
That's great news, but that also means the tv series will probably be on hold for a long time in the future (though I think it's time George releases a new book? Or was that recently?). 

What I want to happen when everything ends, is that the Night Watch stops existing. I just find it so lame they can't date or stuff, feels like a group from Johnny's entertainment. -_- I want to believe there won't be a need for the wall in the future, also. 

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#20 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

Well, the 5th book was released earlier this year (I think), so the 6th might not be released til next year. The Red Wedding was in book 3, and I guess on tv it was season 3, so it seems it all lines up in terms of that.

As for the Night Watch, once you go black, you never go back. XD

Personally, I hope that the children of the forest make a comeback of some kind. They're supposed to be all dead, but I don't believe it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users