• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

#61 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:31 AM

'Kay, so I've finally joined, but I have some questions (as usual :lol: ). We're supposed to be adding the members to the "following" category, right? As tempted as I am to claim them as friends, it'd be weird, right? And I added AKB Translator as an aquaintance ( :lol: ), so will this translate posts for me? How does it work? I noticed that the translator comments in one of KitaRie's posts, and have a translation in several languages. Does you have to be following/add the translator for this to happen?

#62 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:15 AM

The AKB Translator comments will show up if you follow them or not. The Chrome/etc. extension shared here will weed out the non Translator and member comments so you can find them easier. I take it they don't comment on every girl, some to do with comments already being tapped out, I'm sure.

I'm following everyone I'm following, but I think adding them as friends does the same thing, though I'm not sure. You can give it a shot! :lol: I think the translation they were talking about at the presser is to do with Google's own translation software, which is a lot of work even trying to get the gist of what they're saying, so it's incredibly unreliable. But some of the translations of the names (Yamada Nana to Our Vegetable Yamada) are rather humorous, even though its inability to recognize and translate names properly makes learning new girls through the under 18 account a chore.

As for g+, I disabled adblock and videos have been running better, though I've only watched two since I did that. And the size dimensions of these pictures posted by nearly everyone is truly one of the greatest things about this whole thing. :w00t: Stuck with 179x320 pictures of Kanakichi on her blog, but her latest picture on g+ is a beautiful 1200x1600. :omg: <3

#63 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:33 AM

^ Thanks! (though I don't know what you mean by the Chrome extension. I use internet explorer, so with my luck it wouldn't work for me ^^; ).
Seems fun so far. I was able to comment on a picture that Acchan posted, and made an appropirate comment without even reading the translation. :lol: Her posts get commented on fast!

#64 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:34 AM

As for g+, I disabled adblock and videos have been running better, though I've only watched two since I did that. And the size dimensions of these pictures posted by nearly everyone is truly one of the greatest things about this whole thing. :w00t: Stuck with 179x320 pictures of Kanakichi on her blog, but her latest picture on g+ is a beautiful 1200x1600. :omg: <3

Pity they have disabled the direct download option now for many accounts (not all yet, it seems... at least Uchida Mayumi's picture I still could download directly). Now it's just a bit less comfortable to get the full sized picture. Maybe someone can write a extension to handle this. :)

signature3.png

#65 bontakun

bontakun

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

Haha, you're a Kanakichi fan? She's really starting to grow on me ever since the Singapore stage. I don't have an oshi in NMB yet but if I'm going to pick one, it would likely be her. She's easy to pick out in the crowd after her haircut and I really like her catchphrase.

I think for the AKB48 <18s, I've only noticed Aamin posting regularly along with the Team 4 girls. Spotted a handful from Wasamin and Reinyan too. The rest...I don't know. I suspect they don't enjoy being lumped in with the new girls and are boycotting until they have their own account.

They could have at least created separate accounts for each of the group's <18 girls.

#66 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

Pity they have disabled the direct download option now for many accounts (not all yet, it seems... at least Uchida Mayumi's picture I still could download directly). Now it's just a bit less comfortable to get the full sized picture. Maybe someone can write a extension to handle this. :)

I noticed that when I went to download a couple of Rena pictures. D: I was hoping it was just an account or two, but seems to be a majority of them. :bad: The thumbnail used is still better than blog quality for a lot of them, but disappointing to have at just half the size.

Haha, you're a Kanakichi fan? She's really starting to grow on me ever since the Singapore stage. I don't have an oshi in NMB yet but if I'm going to pick one, it would likely be her. She's easy to pick out in the crowd after her haircut and I really like her catchphrase.

I found her blog to be one of my favorites with her sense of humor and equally humorous pictures. I find her smile infectious and enjoy watching her wherever I can. She's definitely grown into one of my favorites; easily my NMB oshi, but also my #3 girl in all of *48. She can always use new fans, I say! :lol:

I'd love a separate account for the under 18 girls. When I wake up in the morning, it's what kills me to catch up on is having a novel of under 18 girls to leaf through. Of course, I say separate accounts would be nice and so on, but I'd just follow them all anyway, even if they're only for a couple of girls each (namely SKE and HKT). But it is kind of sad that a few of the AKB girls don't update because it does seem they don't want to be lumped in with SKE and NMB trainees and HKT girls. I can't blame Mayu at all for one, not when she's close to being 18 anyway.

#67 dev-null

dev-null

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:23 AM

On the portal (http://www.google.co...ja/ /project48/ ) where was a slight change and there are now top profiles for each group (AKB48, SKE48 and NMB48; above the member pictures, right side with a red G+ icon.)

And the best: each top profile shares an official circle with all its members. Exactly what I was looking for initially. :D

signature3.png

#68 bontakun

bontakun

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

LOL this entry by Yukirin had me in stitches.

Posted Image

Not so much the photo itself, but rather her reaction at the sudden torrent of comments.

I actually saw this post coming on live and I barely had time to +1 it before 100 other people already commented on it. It hit 500 in about 2 minutes (of which the vast majority were the usual banal postings of kawaii, oishii, tanoshii, ii ne, etc.). As you can see, Yukirin was pretty much shocked herself at the deluge.

コメントマスターどこ(´・_・`)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously folks, try to resist posting unless you really have something more substantial to say. We all know they are cute. There's no need to keep reminding them. Yes, what they are eating looks tasty. Yes, whatever they are doing looks fun. No need to point out the obvious.

#69 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

^ Haha, true say. But the problem is, it's hard to say anything else, because if you take the time to think of something to write, there will be 500 comments already. :lol:
It can be hard to write in English too, because I try to write basic things that I think they can understand, which kind of limits me to greetings and "cute". ><
Maybe it'll calm down eventually, especially if comment amounts become limitless (although that could also increase the number of "kawaii - oishii - tanoshiku" postings).

#70 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

Abandon hopes they will read you and write as usual. Simple as that. If they will be by any chance reading anytime, meaningful comments will have serious advantage XD

(If you don't write fast enough... prepare previously some predicted comments :ph34r: )

Posted Image

#71 dev-null

dev-null

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

So... why not spend your time posting for less popular girls. That's what I would call a win-win situation. You're able to post and the girl gets more comments too. :)

I tried to comment a few times, but it's not easy if you only know bunch of random Japanese words. :D

signature3.png

#72 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

^ I do that too, but I've given up trying to write in Japanese. I just write in English. Even if they can't read it, at least they see that people aorund the world support them.

#73 bontakun

bontakun

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:39 AM

^ Haha, true say. But the problem is, it's hard to say anything else, because if you take the time to think of something to write, there will be 500 comments already. :lol:
It can be hard to write in English too, because I try to write basic things that I think they can understand, which kind of limits me to greetings and "cute". ><
Maybe it'll calm down eventually, especially if comment amounts become limitless (although that could also increase the number of "kawaii - oishii - tanoshiku" postings).

Well, I'm not saying don't post at all. Its just that there are already a whole bunch of similar comments, try to refrain from it.

Despite all that talk about connecting with fans, I suspect that the girls are not allowed to directly address any fan on G+ less they be accused of favoritism. They are allowed to banter with each other and I think most of us want to see that happen too except the flood of comments could make it difficult. Unfortunately for them, they don't have access to Greasemonkey scripts like we do.

That's one improvement that G+ could use - allow a user to filter out all comments from those who are not within your circles, and always allow comments from those who are. Yes, this would mean the girls would no longer be reading comments by fans most of the time, but its probably the only way for the more popular girls to chat with each other.

#74 izrael

izrael

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:09 AM

LOL this entry by Yukirin had me in stitches.

Posted Image

Not so much the photo itself, but rather her reaction at the sudden torrent of comments.

I actually saw this post coming on live and I barely had time to +1 it before 100 other people already commented on it. It hit 500 in about 2 minutes (of which the vast majority were the usual banal postings of kawaii, oishii, tanoshii, ii ne, etc.). As you can see, Yukirin was pretty much shocked herself at the deluge.

コメントマスターどこ(´・_・`)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously folks, try to resist posting unless you really have something more substantial to say. We all know they are cute. There's no need to keep reminding them. Yes, what they are eating looks tasty. Yes, whatever they are doing looks fun. No need to point out the obvious.

No, that's not what she means. When she wrote コメントマスターどこ(´・_・`), she means 'where is Takajo Aki?' In Google+, they called Takajo a Comment Master or Comment Troll because she's been spamming comments in everyone post...
http://nagoya48.blogspot.com/ - SKE48's blog translation. There is no such thing as too much -yuri-.

#75 bontakun

bontakun

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:55 AM

No, that's not what she means. When she wrote コメントマスターどこ(´・_・`), she means 'where is Takajo Aki?' In Google+, they called Takajo a Comment Master or Comment Troll because she's been spamming comments in everyone post...

Oh...thanks for clearing that up. Even so, I don't think Akicha would have any chance to butt in when the comment limit gets used up that quickly.

Give the girls a chance to spam each other I say. G+ should allow those within your circles to be always able to post comments. Possibly auto-highlight them as well. Maybe prioritize them even without the need for us to use Greasemonkey scripts. This way, the girls can always spam each other regardless of the crowd.

#76 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

There's actually pretty lots of activity going around behind the public I suppose, inside their private circles :)
Majisuka Gakuen Summary Site - Summary with pictures for episodes of Majisuka Gakuen 2.
Majisuka Gakuen 2 Casts - Complete translation from Majisuka Gakuen 2 Official Homepage.
Nakayan Quest - Nakayan Quests in English! Starting from Lv. 18.

#77 chuxnon

chuxnon

no maro, no life

• Senpai
  • 5243 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

-____- I was trying to join with a fake email and Google account but it wants me to register my phone number and no way i'm giving it or i can never make it with my real one.
I guess no G+ for me ... for 4 years ;_____________;

keep your smile

last.fm || tumblr || twitter

#78 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

Don't worry, you can still follow them through twitter... or you can just view their profiles but you can't comment.
Majisuka Gakuen Summary Site - Summary with pictures for episodes of Majisuka Gakuen 2.
Majisuka Gakuen 2 Casts - Complete translation from Majisuka Gakuen 2 Official Homepage.
Nakayan Quest - Nakayan Quests in English! Starting from Lv. 18.

#79 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

^ Seriously? That's too bad. :(

As for the members talking to each other on G+, since they all have each other in their circles, they can directly comment to each other (like send messages or whatever google chat is) without having to comment within posts. For instance, Acchan and Takamina both have each other in their circles, so they can talk directly. No member will add us fans into their circles, so it is a one-way interaction (in a many of speaking; I daresay most of their posts are directed at fans rather than friends; but of course some friends are also fans :lol: ).

#80 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

It doesn't require your phone number, I know the page you mean and there was a way around it :)

Anyway to comment on the above discussion. This g+ incentive was to give us a chance to communicate more closely with our idols. If my idol writes good morning on her g+, then I will write 'good morning' back. If my idol posts a cute picture, then I will tell her I think it's cute. I can chose any which way to use this g+, for writing an essay response or for a quick one. I'm sorry you don't agree with that but you can't just make us all use g+ the way YOU want to use it.
Your comment of yukirin saying about the comments was wrong so stop trying to fix your mistake, what we do doesn't bother them. They can easily text/mail each other if they want to that is not what this was created for.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users