• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

#21 bontakun

bontakun

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:24 AM

Well, Facebook bombed in Japan because they didn't understand the market. The only Japanese using it are those who want to keep in touch with non-Japanese friends.

Besides, G+ is way better than Facebook. Less cluttered, neater, and better overall control over security and privacy. I'm looking forward to the day when I can ditch Facebook once enough of my friends (or people I care about) have migrated to G+.

I would say that G+ is taking the right approach unlike FB. Getting AKB on board is a brilliant move. It even looks like they gave a Google phone to every member just so encourage them to use it. They just need to work out the kinks on handling high publicity profiles.

Even if you can't post a comment, its amusing enough just to follow their activities. This Acchan is proving to be a notorious pic spammer. 3 cute photos of sleeping members in a row already haha. XD

https://plus.google....242769167/posts

Edit: No offence to those of you trying to post comments, but I actually wish there was some way I can block them out so that I only see the members bantering with each other. Seriously, more than half the fan postings just say 'kawaii'. Pointless...

#22 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:59 AM

^ I need to turn the email notifications off '100+ people commented on the photo you commented on!'....yeah I get it.

I wish Juritan was older so she could have her own account. <3
Posted Image
ICHIGOGO Twitter Last.fm Excessive Drama
秋元才加 ♥ 峯岸みなみ ♥ 篠田麻里子 ♥ 松井珠理奈 ~ freezingkiss

#23 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

They seem to be quite enthusiastic about their new toy. Heck, Mariko is making trivial entries announcing that she's going to bed or has just woken up while Moeno wished happy birthday to Sakiko. Whether they keep this up remains to be seen, but I do love their postings of candid shots of each other.

Mariko seems to be using it lagely as a mirror to her Twitter account where she says good night and good morning daily, but that Lemon Penguin picture was great. :lol:

Sashihara is the one really abusing it though. ^^; Her, Yuko, and someone else (Atsuko?) were trading off a story, but I only follow Sashi and Yuko, so I was out of the loop for everything. :P

I'm going to have to worry about keeping up with everything, especially if they do keep posting at a decent rate. I'm at a Sakiko video I don't have time to watch from 7 and a half hours ago. Going to be fun catching up this evening...

#24 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

#25 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

Just for those of you who are having trouble commenting, etc (which seems to be everyone), G+ is still only in beta mode, meaning that they are still developing the technology and working out the issues. At least, this is according to the G+ homepage thing. :lol:

As for me, I will probably sign up after Tuesday (because that's when my semester is completely done). :lol:
But I have a question: what's the privacy like? Do you have to sign up with your own name? (sorry if this isn't on-topic, maybe people can reply to my page)

But it seems like an interesting concept, even if it isn't properly working. Aki-p really seems to be trying to stick to the "idols you can meet" concept as much as AKB's major popularity can allow.

#26 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:57 PM

You know, it's fairly amusing when AKB48 brings a Google service to its knees! :lol:

But yes, the infamous quirks of a beta. It's good though, because the Google staff working on this application is getting a LOT of testers now, so they really should be able to see how it runs under high stress (which this definitely is).

I think if you configure your account correctly then you will be able to have much more privacy than what Facebook can offer. Which is a really good thing, as Facebook is utter crap.

Japan and AKB48 have fully embraced Twitter, and it is a social media that really works very well in Japan, and so it will be interesting to see how Google+ will develop. So far, it definitely looks like it's doing well minus the bugs.

Would be cool with video appearances and live streams from our girls :)

#27 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:16 AM

It must have been fixed or something, you can now see that most members' status has more than 100 comments, and I can comment like normal too!

Regarding G+, you must use your real name or you risk your account being locked. Since you can define which circle you want to share with, that's certainly more privacy than facebook provides.

Besides that, some fun fact. To mention people, instead of @ you use +, like +仲谷明日, you can also use _italic_, *bold*, -cross out- and etc.
Majisuka Gakuen Summary Site - Summary with pictures for episodes of Majisuka Gakuen 2.
Majisuka Gakuen 2 Casts - Complete translation from Majisuka Gakuen 2 Official Homepage.
Nakayan Quest - Nakayan Quests in English! Starting from Lv. 18.

#28 bontakun

bontakun

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:39 AM

Well, I guess there's nothing to stop you from signing up on G+ but why would you want to? Google respects your privacy rather more than Facebook.

I like G+ a lot compared to Facebook. The interface is cleaner, there's a whole lot less clutter, and more importantly - my stream is not spammed by stupid invitations or updates from silly social networking games. Admittedly, neither is my Facebook but that's only because I had to manually ban every single app out there from ever showing up on my wall. :angry:

Their implementation of circles and post visibility is brilliant. You can specify which of your posts are visible to whichever group of people you know, eg. updates about your antics visible to friends but not family, personal news only to family, some update visible to both, etc. Sure, you can setup the same in Facebook too but its rather more troublesome.

Facebook has the benefit of being first on the scene and that gives them a huge advantage. However, G+ is just so much better and I expect them More importantly, the techies love it. That's all it'll need to succeed.

Damn, Micchan is suddenly spamming posts like crazy after a belated start. However, the popular <18 girls have yet to show up on G+ aside from a dutiful little video from Jurina. Can hardly blame them though. If they must implement joint accounts, the least they could have done is create separate ones for each group. I don't think either Mayuyu or Lovetan would be happy about having their posts mixed up with the new HKT girls. Its a little demeaning to be honest.

#29 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:09 AM

I don't really like their design though, it takes up too much space. The information per pixel is scarce, there is too much whitespace... But I agree that it's cleaner than Facebook at the very least.
Majisuka Gakuen Summary Site - Summary with pictures for episodes of Majisuka Gakuen 2.
Majisuka Gakuen 2 Casts - Complete translation from Majisuka Gakuen 2 Official Homepage.

#30 Nao-kun

Nao-kun

Seeding is Sexy

• Senpai
  • 5921 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

^
^
main advantage of G+ in my opinion is that my Mom doesn't stalk me there XD

#31 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:59 AM

Does someone has a full AKB48 circle and a full SKE48 circle to share? (Just too much work to add them all by myself manually. I already have a full NMB48 circle though. :) )

So far this Google+ stuff just is confusing for me... I like my information a bit more structured usually. Also it triggers huge memory leaks in Safari. The only good thing is that many content posted there has good quality (got some big Haru picture already! :D ).

signature3.png

#32 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:20 PM

It's on the first post isn't it.

#33 dev-null

dev-null

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:51 PM

It's on the first post isn't it.

There's only one huge unsorted circle with all girls. :)

But I want one per group. Else it's even harder to keep up with the information overload. :D

/edit
Filled up all my 4 circles by myself (hard work!). Now I have one for AKB48, SKE48 and NMB48 and another one for the <18 girls and AkiP called "Project48". Whoo...

signature3.png

#34 silenceglaive

silenceglaive

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 613 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

Finally it seems to pay off that I got me google
a while ago :) For me I just added my favourites and so I have a source of more input too :)

And noteable the picture quality also rose significantly imho.

#35 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:16 PM

However, the popular <18 girls have yet to show up on G+ aside from a dutiful little video from Jurina. Can hardly blame them though. If they must implement joint accounts, the least they could have done is create separate ones for each group. I don't think either Mayuyu or Lovetan would be happy about having their posts mixed up with the new HKT girls. Its a little demeaning to be honest.

It seems like few AKB underaged girls are posting at all. There's a lot of HKT and NMB, with some of the less popular SKE, but hardly any AKB. ><
They really should do seperate ones for each group. It would be neater, and maybe encourage the AKB girls to post more. :good:

The interesting thing about this is that it makes me feel like I'm friends with them. :lol: Like, we are seeing their private pictures/videos with less formality than blogs. And I'm actually liking Acchan much more than usual. I never knew she was an animal lover, and it makes me like her more for it.

#36 Picky

Picky

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 653 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:41 PM

I really love this, it's much easier than having to navigate around the internet for each person's blog. :-D

I just said good morning to Kikuji, I haven't even had much interest in her before but it's so great being able to send any of the girls a message. :-D *squeal*

Posted Image

Top ---48:-1.Matsubara Natsumi -2.Tomomi Kasai -3. Iriyama Anna

#37 Eviltorrent

Eviltorrent

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

48 Comments Only

// ==UserScript==

// @name        48 Comments Only

// @namespace   http://akr.tw/

// @description Highlight Google+ comment posted by AKB48 members.

// @author      akiratw

// @version     0.3

// @license     MIT License

// @source      http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/120097

// @include     https://plus.google.com/*

// ==/UserScript==

http://userscripts.o...pts/show/120097
Instructions in Chinese

For Firefox you will need Greasemonkey extension, for Chrome, just install it. As a test after installing, go here and click the yellow bulb, it should hide all the comments except Kitarie's.
a63ygN6.jpg

#38 satchan

satchan

Kanakichi Senchou

• Senpai
  • 1491 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:31 AM

^ - Thanks for the extension. I'll definitely be making use of it!

Also, these HKT girls are absolutely adorable. I've come up with no less than six I want to keep an eye on.

Constantly having a Google+ tab open when I'm on the computer... checking the Google+ app... addicted.

#39 HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:03 AM

It's weird how I'm using G+ a lot more often now after I added some of them. :lol:

The main problem I'm having right now is that I wish I was better at Japanese; I don't want to scurry through 500+ comments for AKB Translator every single time. <_<

#40 dev-null

dev-null

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:19 AM

The main problem I'm having right now is that I wish I was better at Japanese; I don't want to scurry through 500+ comments for AKB Translator every single time. <_<

Just check 2 posts above yours and there's a solution offered for this (requires a browser that supports it though) :)

BTW, anyone has an idea what that pressing "+1" brings? I click it on almost every post, but except that the counter goes up in that post nothing seems to come out of it (in the "+1" section of my own profile those +1ed posts don't show up at least)

signature3.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users