Photo

Which jpop idols were junior/teen gravure models before debut?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 boinky78

boinky78

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:23 PM

just curious because i know a lot of popular idols started off doing only gravure

#2 TVD

TVD

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5480 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

Shinozaki Ai is one.

Started off early doing gravure and is now part of AeLL (“Activity eco Life with Love“).

Big fan of hers.

She and AeLL also appear on Tsuntube and have participated with other idols like Afilia Saga East and Up Up Girls in a Tsunku produced song.

(At 19:42)

Also starring in a movie (slightly NSFW). “Pantsu no Ana The Movie: Doutei Shoushitsu Rhapsody”

#3 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

I'm actually hoping Shinozaki drops "gravur-ing", she has the great, amazing vocals to go be a legit vocalist.

Unless you're one of those who are fans of "plus-size" gravures :whistle:

#4 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

kyary pamyu pamyu started off doing kid gravure.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#5 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

Yuko Oshima was in loads before AKB.

Also, it's ew that a 'junior gravure' thing even exists. >.>
Posted Image
ICHIGOGO Twitter Last.fm Excessive Drama
秋元才加 ♥ 峯岸みなみ ♥ 篠田麻里子 ♥ 松井珠理奈 ~ freezingkiss

#6 shura-kun

shura-kun

Afilia Knight

• Senpai
  • 2661 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:14 AM

mmm not sure if teen/junior gravure but YGA is formed by girls from the same yoshimoto gravure agency... or that was i read

Hop club members have some IV released but not sure when they released this... oh and Meiry from Afilia Saga have a couple of IV (hardcore)

Also i know a few groups formed by gravure idols but can'r remember the names at all

mmmm guess most idols start in the gravure thing after they gain some fame with their groups

#7 shura-kun

shura-kun

Afilia Knight

• Senpai
  • 2661 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:14 AM

mmm not sure if teen/junior gravure but YGA is formed by girls from the same yoshimoto gravure agency... or that was i read

Hop club members have some IV released but not sure when they released this... oh and Meiry from Afilia Saga have a couple of IV (hardcore)

Also i know a few groups formed by gravure idols but can'r remember the names at all

mmmm guess most idols start in the gravure thing after they gain some fame with their groups

#8 boinky78

boinky78

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:57 AM

Yuko Oshima was in loads before AKB.

Also, it's ew that a 'junior gravure' thing even exists. >.>

it use to bother me now i just find them cute

it seems doing gravure is a good way to get your name out there

Shinozaki Ai is one.

Started off early doing gravure and is now part of AeLL (“Activity eco Life with Love“).

Big fan of hers.

She and AeLL also appear on Tsuntube and have participated with other idols like Afilia Saga East and Up Up Girls in a Tsunku produced song.

(At 19:42)

Also starring in a movie (slightly NSFW). “Pantsu no Ana The Movie: Doutei Shoushitsu Rhapsody”

i know her i didnt know she was asinger tho thats so cute

I'm actually hoping Shinozaki drops "gravur-ing", she has the great, amazing vocals to go be a legit vocalist.

Unless you're one of those who are fans of "plus-size" gravures :whistle:

from what ive seen idols seem to never stop doing gravure even after becoming famous

#9 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:57 PM

Granted this is the other idols forum/thread and Oshima Yuko of AKB48 was mentioned, but Nakamura Mariko of AKB48's Team 4 also did U15 gravure :)

There's also Shizukaze, an idol duo which have been at Tokyo Idol Festival twice now, and both of the girls are U15 idols also.

You also have KISS I.M.O.U.T.O Club, a now defunct group, but members there did U15 IV too.

There's a lot of overlapping paths in this industry.

#10 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

90% of idol "singers" should be ashamed that a GRAVURE is vocally more capable than them

#11 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

Brats / Imouto Sisters

Don't know if this counts too, as they are U-15 gravures who do this next to their gravure work. Well it kind of belongs to their gravure work actually.

Big plus though that they play their own instruments. The singer is starting some guitar now too.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#12 LunaLupus

LunaLupus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 341 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

^
^ I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm a Shinozaki Ai fan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users