• Please log in to reply
467 replies to this topic

#21 chuxnon

chuxnon

no maro, no life

• Senpai
  • 5243 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

telepudding pointed out to me on facebook that the pun might be how the whole thing is on katakana "Choto Mate Kudasai".
you know, you write katakana when you write english words? so it might be copying the english pronounciation, you know, english accent in japanese.
"chawto mawte koodasae" or ...yeah. -points at tele who said this first-

keep your smile

last.fm || tumblr || twitter

#22 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

♥ Full Support for Up-Up Girls! ♥ ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

I don't really understand that... >.< I mean, I've never pronounced it that way... lol

Well the title is kinda interesting so I guess it's not a big deal. As long as it gets people talking, you know? XD

VMAYe.png

★ UUG ★ UUG2 ★ Fudanjuku ★ GEM ★ STU48 ★

(Updated to reflect groups that I currently follow closely and are active... Maybe I'll update the picture or something eventually. I'm lazy.)

#23 Cio'24

Cio'24

ಥ⌣ಥ Aika and Zukki duet you say? ಥ⌣ಥ

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:47 AM

^That's probably because you understand the Japanese phonetic system. Not all foreigners do.

o0480048013035591857_zps5cb9e10b.jpg

#24 michi.K.O

michi.K.O

Fuku-hime's Royal Butler

• Senpai
  • 2387 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:00 PM

9th single? Posted Image

Already? Posted ImagePosted Image

Not complaining though. At the moment, S/m is probably the group with the most potential in H!P so I'm glad the management are doing their best to put S/m's name out there.

TEAM MIZUKINGDOM!

#25 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

^2
LOL Yeah I guess you have a point there. I've known for 5-6 years already so it's almost second nature... XD

VMAYe.png

(Updated to reflect groups that I currently follow closely and are active... Maybe I'll update the picture or something eventually. I'm lazy.)

#26 chuxnon

chuxnon

no maro, no life

• Senpai
  • 5243 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:31 PM

haha yeah. I guess we'll have the real explanation behind the title eventually.

keep your smile

#27 claneksi

claneksi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5302 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

I don't think it's too soon. :lol: It is indeed announced really soon, but this single is released two months after Post Women, which is totally okay I think.

Strange title, it looks really weird in romaji especially if you're used to the romanization of the 'correct' phrase. ^^;

#28 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

I don't think it's too soon. :lol: It is indeed announced really soon, but this single is released two months after Post Women, which is totally okay I think.

Strange title, it looks really weird in romaji especially if you're used to the romanization of the 'correct' phrase. ^^;

It's really more like one month.

Their 8th is being released just 4 days shy of January 1st.

It's kinda an illusion that the months of release give... XD It's as if 8 was released on January 4th, and 9 was released on February 8th, just a week later for each. Hypothetically, of course, but the time difference wouldn't change, but you can imagine it better as the month + four days it really is. XD

VMAYe.png

#29 chuxnon

chuxnon

no maro, no life

• Senpai
  • 5243 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:12 PM

^ it's released only about a month later actually. from 28th of January, there's 36 days to 1st of February if I count correct ~

keep your smile

#30 claneksi

claneksi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5302 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

Ah, oops. Sorry, had a brain fart here. XD

#31 iheartmanochan

iheartmanochan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

I never thought I'd be announced this quick!
S/mileage was always "that other H!P group" you know, they were pretty invisible to me and I didn't follow them at all.
But in the last few months, I've really started to get into S/mileage like never before.
I can honestly say now that they're a group I love just as much as MM, berryz, and c-ute. I follow them closely now.

Tokyo Girls Style  PASSPO☆★ Fairies ★ MM ANGERME

Juice=JuiceE-girlsSilent SirenFAKY

Jpop Music Review Blog

#32 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

They are starting to push the group a lot and for me personally i like them more as a bigger group than i did with a 4nin group that i never felt was as appealing as previous 4nin units before them but with more members it's breathing new life into the group and giving them a new dynamic which makes them closer to the other groups in the agency and more likeable for me. And with the push they are getting it feels more like a bigtime group than just a side unit.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#33 ponikolinlin

ponikolinlin

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 450 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:04 AM

Yeah, especially with the katakana, it does seem like how a stereotypical foreigner would sound; some people can't do the double consonants. Looking forward to it, though.
元気で、楽しく、HAPPYな毎日がありますように

#34 Mei.ka~

Mei.ka~

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2211 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

As I said in the C-ute album thread, late 'cause been sad, but fine now~. ANYWAYS, I was surprised this release was announced early as said earlier, will be sad that Yuukarin won't be in this single (Which will make it even harder for me to get used to calling the members apart of S/mileage and not just another unit :P) and confused that Mate isn't Matte. So yeah. XD But YAY for another single! :D

VwvggPK.jpg
Avatar and Signature by Me ~I love cheese! X3~"
Graphics Thread

#35 wahashimoto

wahashimoto

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:58 AM

Maybe some UFA staff walked in on Tsunku writing and was like "what's the 9th s/mileage single called?" and Tsunku's just like "HOLD ON A MINUTE" in real slang... hahaha. And then he went with it?

Excited for more new gen S/mileage! :3

Avvie made by me! :3

miya.mikitty.gaki-san.chisa.kanon

#36 eriberry

eriberry

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:33 AM

My other guess with the early annoucement of the 9th single is so that S/mileage can show they've still got what it takes after Yuuka's graduation.
Like afew other H!P it took me awhile to warm to S/mileage but now they're all very much a big part of the agency.
And from what we've seen with the dance lesson vid from 8th single, the former submembers are ready to shine- Meimi seemed fantastic
Looking forward to the 9th single all the same

#37 AdehhRR

AdehhRR

Converted Kanon-wota

• Senpai
  • 2906 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:46 AM

^ Yeah thats what I think
Its kinda like covering the hole and moving on

#38 ♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

Dawa Fangirl

• Senpai
  • 1236 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

Maybe some UFA staff walked in on Tsunku writing and was like "what's the 9th s/mileage single called?" and Tsunku's just like "HOLD ON A MINUTE" in real slang... hahaha. And then he went with it?

Funny theory XD

Wada Ayaka

#39 Xīn Chūn (仮)

Xīn Chūn (仮)

• Senpai
  • 8512 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:59 AM

Funny theory XD

Knowing how Tsunku does things, it actually wouldn't surprise me if that WAS the case... XD

Although I kinda hope there is more thought put into it than just that... ^^;

VMAYe.png

#40 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

There's talk going around that the title is based on this old song like the last singles title seems based on the classic song "Please Mr.Postman" since Tsunku like's old music it wouldn't suprise me if it's a pun on that old song title. I was thinking Japanese version of this song maybe but then i thought that with the last one so i'll just assume it's a title pun only.

TEAM TAKECHAN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users