#13341 minae_nayuki

minae_nayuki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:03 AM

IMHO its quite became a sensation

Sakura's statement is quite shocking for a H!P idol

H!P idol dont have a personal SNS, so fans dont really know what's on their daily mind

as for her statement

my take is, all 80's great idols have beauty and singing as their weapons, and people loves and think highly of them for that

but now is a different

even if you have amazing vocal, dont guarantee your place in the idoling world

because the world is now a very different world than the 80's, idols can "sell" anything than only her voice and good looks

i mean ex Dream5 Ohara Yuuno doing gravure so instensively back then, people loves it and now she reap the reward of being an actress

also i dont recall Sashihara Rino being the classic beauty idol, her voice is also sucks, but damn she makes it up with her brain and personality, being a great tarento presence and now a renowned producer of a two succesfull idolgroup

if you can sing, thats good

but if you dont, try sell something else 

thats idol IMHO

#13342 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:11 AM

but now is a different

even if you have amazing vocal, dont guarantee your place in the idoling world

because the world is now a very different world than the 80's, idols can "sell" anything than only her voice and good looks

i mean ex Dream5 Ohara Yuuno doing gravure so instensively back then, people loves it and now she reap the reward of being an actress

also i dont recall Sashihara Rino being the classic beauty idol, her voice is also sucks, but damn she makes it up with her brain and personality, being a great tarento presence and now a renowned producer of a two succesfull idolgroup

if you can sing, thats good

but if you dont, try sell something else 

thats idol IMHO

Oh, I agree with you about this. Unfortunately, there's no place for girls who cannot sing in H!P. What makes them different from other idol groups is that they focus more on performing. However, what is bad about H!P is that the company kills girls' creativities. The girls are told what to do, but the company never guides them well. Sasshi even admitted wota-ing H!P idols, it does imply how potential H!P is. Too bad H!P has good weapons, but never uses them well. Now there are even members with experiences from being local idols: Kawamura Ayano, Okamura Minami or Kiyono Momohime.

Back to the main topic, having amazing vocal doesn't guarantee a place in idol world, but it doesn't mean there's no place for idols with amazing vocals. It's that either the girls or the company is too lazy to find out the formula to be success. Being more active in idol industry will guarantee a place. I mean, Sashihara Rino would've never been successful had she only passively done the works assigned by her company. One fact: The company wastes talented members

#13343 Kurolivier

Kurolivier

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 374 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 03:34 PM

And back to square one. Whining The company XD

#13344 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:38 PM

^^ No, you can see from the Japanese responses that many Japanese misunderstood and confused what she meant as well, and they’re native speakers. It has nothing to do with Arama, their poor translation/summary/take on things is a separate issue. lol

Yeah? I only skimmed 2 sets of 10 comments and didn't really see anything like that. I guess Oda's followup reasserting that she cares for and about her fans says something about the negative feedback that she got. And disavowing an interpretation of the post as saying, "My private life is my own, buzz off." But I still don't see it as easy to misunderstand her as bashing feminity/girliness or good looks. Maybe just older comments? Antis are quick on the draw and all that.

^

Have you figured out what kind of H!O participant Touki is yet?  Allow that knowledge to color your reading and responses to them....

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#13345 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 03:26 PM

Considering what she got in this year’s HinaFes Lottery video I can’t help wondering if the staff were waiting until Sakura’s birthday before uploading it:

The part with Sakura drawing from the HinaFes Lottery box starts at 3:37 on the video. Her reactions are priceless :lol:

Speaking of Sakura’s birthday her birthday event goods were finally announced yesterday:

http://www.up-fc.jp/...fo.php?id=17098

K17mdvJ.jpg

eYeqGju.jpg

Spoiler

Offshot from Sakura’s blog post today:

T515Jqb_d.jpg?maxwidth=600&shape=thumb&f

Spoiler

https://ameblo.jp/mo...2661982559.html

She also mentions this year’s HinaFes lottery video, so I suggest watching that first (if you haven’t done so already) before reading her blog post if you don’t want any spoilers regarding what she ended up getting :)

Edited by AngelAndz, 12 March 2021 - 04:21 PM.

#13346 resonant project

resonant project

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 05:24 PM

happy birthday Sakura !!!!  ^-^  ^-^

L-O-V-E LOVELY! HELLO ! PROJECT ;)Posted Image
()-()
(^^) ()-()
(° °) =(^^)
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII∩^ω^∩IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

#13347 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 02:40 AM

Sorry for posting this so late, but for anyone who’s interested here’s the setlist from Sakura’s birthday event on Monday:

1. Go Girl ~Koi no Victory~ (Morning Musume)
- MC
2. Itoshiku Kurushii Kono Yoru ni (Morning Musume)
3. Enkyori no Renai (Matsuura Aya)
4. Dekiru Onna (Morning Musume)
- MC
5. Kousui (Melon Kinenbi)
6. Kioku no Meiro (High-King)
7. Sayonara "Tomodachi ni wa Naritakunai no" (Goto Maki)
- MC
8. Koi wa Magnet (Country Girls)
9. Yokaze no Message (℃-ute)
10. Mirai no Tobira (Morning Musume)
- MC
11. Shikkari Shite Yo! Mou (S/mileage)

The setlist was the same for both performances and featured just Sakura herself as the MC. As well as that the stage was decorated with two sakura trees on either side of the stage. Sakura shared a photo of herself posing with one of them on her blog post after the event was over:

https://ameblo.jp/mo...2662584832.html

BsOviXu_d.jpg?maxwidth=600&shape=thumb&f

Spoiler

Moving on to something slightly unrelated, but still worth posting about: Sakura has started fostering kittens again :D

https://ameblo.jp/mo...2663380454.html

4FZmhXa_d.jpg?maxwidth=600&shape=thumb&f

Spoiler

She was taking a break from fostering kittens during the winter as cats don’t tend to give birth around that time of the year, especially during the cold weather, meaning there weren’t any rescue kittens needing looked after during that time

#13348 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 03:04 AM

Not sure how long these will all stay up for but someone uploaded some of the performances from Sakura’s birthday event stream if anyone is interested in watching them:

#13349 ~Gin~

~Gin~

Mahou Shoujo Sakura

• Senpai
  • 4253 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 12:49 PM

thx angelz  :good:

still downloading hinafest perf. :arrow:

#13350 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 08:31 PM

Bumping this thread from the 2nd page of the forum with the following updates:

Sakura appeared on Buzzfeed Kawaii recently talking about what kind of make up she uses when she’s performing. She’ll be appearing again on April 22nd, but in the meantime the stream archive for the episode she featured in recently is available to watch on the official Buzzfeed Kawaii Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/...0970712070?s=21

As well as that she’ll also be appearing as a guest on Kannai Evil on Friday if anyone is interested in watching it, especially since this will be the first time she’ll be interacting with her friend Hinata from Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku on camera:

https://twitter.com/...4173617162?s=21

OOeoNTv_d.jpg?maxwidth=600&shape=thumb&f

Spoiler

And last but not least it was announced recently that Sakura will have 2 fan club events next month. The first event is a joint encore event along with Mizuki and Eripon and will take place on May 10th at Zepp Tokyo:

http://www.up-fc.jp/...fo.php?id=17218

p905Tn7.jpg

The 2nd event will be her birthday event in Nagoya which will be her first solo Nagoya event since her 2nd live internet signing for Morning Musume’s 16th studio album was on the same day as the joint birthday event Akane and Rio had in Nagoya recently:

http://www.up-fc.jp/...fo.php?id=17247

Hopefully all three March birthday girls in current Morning Musume will be able to have a joint birthday event in Nagoya next year ^_^

#13351 Gaugaux

Gaugaux

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 11:25 AM

Sakura will appear again in CDTV Live! Live! on April 19, the last time she performed Part of Your World with Sayuki!
She'll be a part of the Disney medley!!

I'm so excited!

#13352 vplpro

vplpro

#1 Ai-chan fan & Sakura's father wannabe

• Senpai
  • 2855 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 02:19 AM

^^^^ & ^^ thx angelz

She'll be a part of the Disney medley!!

Let it go~~~ Let it go~~~~ :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

YAY~My unofficial H!P unit - by V Project 

YAY~ "official" blog  YAY~@tumblr
~ V's family ~
Wife: Classified  Daugther: Sakura, Riho  Twin sister: Yuu-chan  Cousin: Ai-chan

#13353 ~Gin~

~Gin~

Mahou Shoujo Sakura

• Senpai
  • 4253 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 03:40 AM

watch her appearance on kashiwagi hinata show it seems so funny .hope someone can sub it  :c18:

ow waiting for the cdtv performance  :arrow:  

#13354 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 02:16 PM

Not Let it go, but

Spoiler
:D

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#13355 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9504 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 06:45 AM

Odachii and TM Revolution from CDTV. YouTube keeps deleting it so here's a Bilibili link.

https://m.bilibili.c...eo/BV1K5411w7Wc

#13356 vplpro

vplpro

#1 Ai-chan fan & Sakura's father wannabe

• Senpai
  • 2855 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 10:51 AM

^Curse youtube!!!!   I was too late to watch but fortunately you find it elsewhere!  Thank you!

YAY~My unofficial H!P unit - by V Project 

YAY~ "official" blog  YAY~@tumblr
~ V's family ~
Wife: Classified  Daugther: Sakura, Riho  Twin sister: Yuu-chan  Cousin: Ai-chan

#13357 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 10:14 PM

Sakura appeared on Buzzfeed Kawaii recently talking about what kind of make up she uses when she’s performing. She’ll be appearing again on April 22nd, but in the meantime the stream archive for the episode she featured in recently is available to watch on the official BuzzFeed Kawaii Twitter account:
https://twitter.com/...0970712070?s=21

For anyone who’s interested in watching it Sakura’s 1st guest appearance on BuzzFeed Kawaii has been permanently archived on their new YouTube channel:

Her 2nd guest appearance on the web show can be watched here:

https://twitter.com/...0336674822?s=21

Also a quick update regarding Sakura’s joint encore event with Mizuki and Eripon. Unfortunately due to the current temporary state of emergency in Tokyo and Osaka lasting until May 11th the event has been postponed until further notice:

http://www.up-fc.jp/...fo.php?id=17293

Hopefully another date for the event will be arranged soon once the temporary state of emergency in Tokyo has ended

#13358 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 05:49 PM

They found a new singing partner for Sakura! I think her voice with Yumeno sounds better together than she did with Sayuki.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#13359 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 02:03 AM

^
I understand what you’re trying to say, but Kishimon isn’t a replacement for Sayubee in regards to Sakura’s singing partner. If you read the description for the video it mentions that Sakura and Kishimon covered “Memory Seishun no Hikari” during the Hello!Project 2021 Winter ~ STEP BY STEP~ tour. That was even when Sayubee was still a member of Hello!Project. Also since this is a new duo video project series we’ll likely see some of the other duo covers from the STEP BY STEP tour and maybe even the current Hello!Project Spring tour, so it’s possible in future that they might upload a video of Sakura and Ise Layla covering Abe Natsumi’s song “Datte Ikitekanakucha” since they’re covering that as part of the Team Tori setlist for the current Hello!Project tour :)

#13360 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 661 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 12:31 PM

I hope this was a one-take; it would be amazing if HP actually hopped on The First Take channel and showcased their talent like this

Untitled-1.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users