13435 replies to this topic

#12221 Xxevilbunnyxx

Xxevilbunnyxx

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:14 PM

Thank you sorry much Rx191!

Sakura really does take her job as an idol seriously. She doesn’t do anything without considering her team and fans reaction.

Though it’s kind of weird that she associates being sexy with relationships status, since I see sexiness as a being confident with your mind, body, and soul.

My thoughts on Sakura talk about Masaki.
When Riho was there, Sakura was just growing into herself and those two were a good match as they compliment each other. There wasn’t really a sense rivalry but balance.

Now with Masaki and her growing popularity, theres a lack of balance of talent is off and strong rivalry (with respect and friendship) between her and Sakura. Even though I dislike to admit it Masaki as a stronger stage presence because of her carefree and creative nature to feed of the two energy or feel the music as she performs (I not talking about the add twirls or something that’s not apart of the choreography, which is a hug pet peeve of mine in regards to group performance for dancing). Which Sakura mentioned in the interview.

Now it might just be me, but even with Sakura’s calm and mature answers towards Masaki. I just can’t think she’s content with her placement In MM because she wants to be important/essential to MM. I don’t know if it just a simple statement, Riho/Masaki/Sayumi level, or to be considered as the ace. Though no matter what it’s good that’s she hungry to grow and go beyond her current position because if she wants to be a solo she singer she needs to be notice more than ever.

#12222 SailorKame

SailorKame

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:50 PM

when did Sakura become such an idol philosopher? It's interesting to see this growth.

#12223 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:30 PM

^I think the other way round. With Riho there was no balance, but there is with Maa-chan. Riho was pushed over everyone so much that she was unreachable. She was a lot more popular and at that time Sakura's popularity wasn't even good. Riho's voice was her weak point so Sakura was the obvious choice for 2nd lead after Reina left but Riho would still get the important lines. Most ad libs. Sakura started to show her real stage persona after Riho left imo.

Maa-chan right now is...also a bit hard to surpass in terms of popularity, Sakura isn't even top 3. But Sakura is eye catching on stage, and her voice also gives her points over Maa-chan. I don't think one is better than the other on stage though, like enough to be obvious that the other is better , Maa-chan has this charisma that's hard to get and has her personal touch that no member does,and Sakura has better vocals, but Sakura also has a different charisma on stage while Maa-chan's voice can emote really well what she is singing (I mention vocals cause I think they are as important, Maa-chan sings stuff in her bday events that sometimes sounds terrible even if she is 10/10 performing it and it takes the joy away to me tbh). I think both have their good points to the point that I can get why someone would prefer one or the other. They are also paired plenty and both have enough special parts or center singles.

So to sum up, I think Riho never saw Sakura as a rival per se (except when she was petty about her red colour lmao), cause she was just...too far in terms of management push and popularity per se. I mean it's not that she wasn't a rival cause Sakura's vocals were obviously better but I don't think Riho felt threatened. Meanwhile everyone in MM wanted to beat Riho and get that position lol. Riho seemed to want to be better than OG as a whole and elevate MM.
With Maa-chan I think there was always a rivalry but regarding the individual characteristics. Maa-chan has mentioned how good Sakura sings plenty of times and sometimes downplays her own singing. Sakura has always praised Maa-chan as a whole but it's obvious she improved plenty regarding charm on stage and popularity, her individualistic nature being a +++. But well it's even harder to beat I guess cause Maa-chan kinda gained that herself, plus every idol and their mother gushing over her. I can also imagine that what Maa-chan does on stage was annoying to the rest and in the end it's what people love.

I think Sakura...not that she slept on it cause she can be sassy, but I think Maa-chan made a more interesting persona over time. She has plenty of things going on for her. She also won a lot by being close to the senpai imo, while Sakura /gotignoredcough didn't have interesting relationships from 9ki backwards. Idk.

I'm happy with her position and evolution though.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#12224 Xxevilbunnyxx

Xxevilbunnyxx

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:50 PM

^I definitely agree with Riho and MM as a whole there was no balance. Just during area duo Riho and Sakura were balanced regardless of Riho’s popularity because Sakura was the vocals while Riho was the charisma.

I do see you’re point though. Just wish Sakura got media/ celebrity attention. But you did bring up a point that I really don’t like / understand. Why was Sakura ignored by her senpais? Like the whole Sayumi adoring Riho made sense for awhile but once Sakura joined it should’ve changed to highlight the new “solo” member. Also, I’m not a fan of clinging to the whole senpai act. It came off to me as attention seeker.

And I kinda wished the girls didn’t down ay their vocal talent when they’re actually good or better at singing.

#12225 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:38 PM

Yeah while she has some celebrity fans they are very few.

I don't know. Reina was okay in the sense she was never a doting senpai and with Maa-chan it was a particular case (regarding their age as senpai, since JunJun was different). Sayu though idk. I always try not to mention this cause I get people start the whole she was a great leader!!111 which I don't agree with mucj so, but I guess Sakura seemed fine regarding her skills so she was 'okay' to let her be. With 9ki she kinda had them as mentors or Kanon as bf so I felt she never really got close to an older senpai per se, as in respect figure or OG. The Nacky fangirl also died pretty quick and I don't remember then interacting. Airi is the closest I've seen her around an older senpai. I wouldn't complain as much if she had been a not solo gen, but I feel it would have been different and better for her if idk Haruna would have been the leader instead to mention someone. Sayu always focused on the same 3-4 people.

I think the clinging comes natural to Maa-chan but it's also the era I wasn't fond of her much, after Sakura joined and 6ki left I really started liking her. Lol your comment reminded me of Sakura's forced Ikuta fangirl phase, or fan of Ikuta fangirling Gaki or sth. <\3 that time I felt Sakura didn't have a clue to how to push herself more. It was kind of endearing.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#12226 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:46 PM

^Why was Sakura ignored by her senpais? Like the whole Sayumi adoring Riho made sense for awhile but once Sakura joined it should’ve changed to highlight the new “solo” member.

The current gens at the time were quite insular aside from Sayu and (after Maa-chan) Reina.  Everyone else just didn't really know how to approach kouhai, much less one that was already fairly skilled like Sakura. Duu had left the Eggs before Sakura joined, so they didn't really have a prior relationship or shared gen to work with, and none of the older 10th gen had been in the Eggs to really have experience interacting/assisting with kouhai at the time.  It wasn't until after the 12th gen joined when you had a mix of KSS and newbies that you started to see the 10th gen stepping up as senpai rather than just friendly acquaintances since Nonaka and Ogata needed the extra help to learn.

Her skill is something that we can all appreciate, but it also was part of the reason that she felt so lonely after she joined.  If she hadn't already been so impressive and needed a lot more help, it may have forced the 10th gen to warm up to her a bit faster.

#12227 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:42 AM

I might be wrong but I think she asked about 6ki. That's who I meant with ignore at least. I never felt she was ignored by 9ki or 10ki, at least after the first few months.

9ki and 10ki were never *those* senpai like Aika was to 9ki or Reina to Maa-chan to Sakura imo, but even if it took some time mostly after Reina left Sakura was already comfortable in the group and she had been approached. She did join at a bad time cause of what you say plus 9ki vs 10 and enough rivalry inside the gens per se. I think it also took time for 9ki and 10ki to become individuals that get along sonetimes even more than with the people of their own gen, instead of rivals. Most of them were less skilled so in that sense Sakura was covered. The fact Sakura was also their same age didn't give space for them to dote on her like idk Harunan towards Chii.

Yeah IA with that last paragraph.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#12228 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:21 AM

Ah, my apologize if I misunderstood.  With Sayu and Reina specifically though, some additional things can be said there as well.

Reina originally just didn't really have much to do with anyone unless they came to her first.  She eventually came by her softer-side later in her tenure, presumably after Maa-chan began to chip away at her walls, but the Reina you see on screen is the same Reina in her personal life.  She was a professional that had fun, but she did treat it as a job.  Aside from Eri being something like a confidant and having a friendly professional relationship with Sayu for most of their tenure (only admitting around the last year that she finally felt like they were real friends), Reina could easily be accused of ignoring just about everyone unless she was forced to interact with them at some point or another.  Without someone like Sakura being willing to regularly pester her the way Masaki did, or even Sayumi to some extent post-platinum, interactions that weren't strictly professional weren't as likely.

As for Sayu... well, there was never a moment on or off camera in the past where she didn't take any opportunity to try and sneak a kiss from certain people whether there were fans around to see it or not.  Honestly, Riho may have just been her type and the fawning may not have been as played up as people thought.  Before becoming leader, most of the interactions she had were still either based on her poison-tongue chara, which everyone already knew was a work, or being perverted, which she had been doing pretty much since she joined the group.  Aside from her friendship with Eri, it wasn't until after Yossie left and Morning Musume became more like a sisterhood that she started being a little more... participatory I guess would be the word.  She certainly would have dealt better with a Koharu as leader than she did back when she had professional disdain for having to be her mentor.  People are dynamic, but some personality traits are rather hard to shake.  Sayu loved Morning Musume and that was a sentiment that only grew stronger as she stayed in the group.  To that end, even the (non-Riho perving) interactions she had in that time was more geared towards making sure the traditions and legacy of Morning Musume was maintained and that her kouhai would be fine even without needing to rely on Reina or herself.  She succeeded in that regard, but that also may have been an area that left Sakura in an unfortunate position of being too talented since she was already being pushed towards the front even in her first single.  Meanwhile, Maa-chan started getting closer to Sayu the same way she did with Reina, which by association pulls in the 10ki to varying extents, the 9th gen as a whole were the upcoming seniority to the group's legacy, and possibly most importantly for Sayu's own interests, Riho was still Riho.

#12229 Xxevilbunnyxx

Xxevilbunnyxx

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:57 AM

Thanks Laharle and Fallacia for your explanation.

I always seem to forget that 9ki and 10ki though they joined before Sakura are still close in age. So, yea most interactions between them would be more like classmates than senpai/kouhai.

For Sayu I can see how she kept the MM traditions because of she encouraged the girls to do well (though not on the scale of strong encouragement like Mom). Reina, I definitely see your point (Fallacia) of how she remains distant/ introvert until she approached.

#12230 ~Gin~

~Gin~

Mahou Shoujo Sakura

• Senpai
  • 4253 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:54 AM

and morning coffe 20th ver. (video got deleted) have a lot of nice focus of sakura <3

waiting for the full show haromoni :wub:

#12231 ~Gin~

~Gin~

Mahou Shoujo Sakura

• Senpai
  • 4253 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:23 AM

GINZA

DV5j99zU8AAUymV.jpg

DV5j-CVV4AAwXBN.jpg

TVStation

DV92d7iUQAAE8nb.jpg

DV92gpbU8AAa3JG.jpg

#12232 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:16 AM

Sakura’s birthday event for this year has finally been announced:

http://www.up-fc.jp/...fo.php?id=11538

vmWpnSC_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

It’s taking place this year again at Differ Ariake and will be on March 28th :) This will be the 2nd and last time Sakura will have a birthday event at Differ Ariake as the venue will be closing down after June this year:

http://adcombat.com/...fter-june-2018/

Edit: I’m aware that some people here probably would love it if Sakura had been given a bigger venue for her birthday event this year (myself included), but bear in mind that when Differ Ariake closes down the venue is going to be demolished so it’s most likely that UpFront are using this venue as much they possibly can for events including Sakura’s birthday event this year as it will no longer be available to use as a venue after June as the building will no longer be there.

#12233 ~Gin~

~Gin~

Mahou Shoujo Sakura

• Senpai
  • 4253 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:00 PM

she said she will singing a lot of song... excited!! as always <3

can i hope for her own song this time?? something like karin did on her birthday event :ph34r:

#12234 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:21 PM

Was it in Differ last year as well? Which is the bigger venue current MM has for these events?

^I doubt so, unless she has been trying to get into that. I don't remember her having any type of background to be able to make a composition. Or even lyrics. But who knows, we don't have translations so she might know how to play drums by now lol.
Nah but honestly Sakura doesn't seem into that? That's my impression.
So far it seems more likely for Sakura to sing one of Maa-chan's songs in the future.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#12235 MM10Fan

MM10Fan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 649 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:01 AM

Tuesday, February 13 2018, Oda Sakura passes Suzuki Kanon on the Morning Musume tenure list to move into 17th.

1. Michishige Sayumi is at 11 years, 10 months, 7 days

2. Niigaki Risa is at 10 years, 8 months, 22 days

3. Tanaka Reina is at 10 years, 4 months, 2 days

4. Takahashi Ai is at 10 years, 1 month, 4 days

5. Kamei Eri is at 7 years, 10 months, 26 days

6. Iida Kaori is at 7 years, 4 months, 23 days

7. Fukumura Mizuki and Ikuta Erina are at 7 years, 1 month, 11 days

9. Yoshizawa Hitomi is at 7 years, 20 days

10. Yaguchi Mari is at 6 years, 11 months, 11 days

11. Abe Natsumi is at 6 years, 4 months, 18 days

12. Iikubo Haruna, Ishida Ayumi and Sato Masaki are at 6 years, 4 months, 15 days

15. Kudo Haruka is at 6 years, 2 months, 12 days

16. Mitsui Aika is at 5 years, 5 months, 8 days

17. Oda Sakura is at 5 years, 4 months, 30 days

18. Suzuki Kanon is at 5 years, 4 months, 29 days

19. Ishikawa Rika is at 5 years, 21 days

20. Yasuda Kei is at 5 years, 2 days

21. Ogawa Makoto is at 5 years, 1 day

22. Sayashi Riho is at 4 years, 11 months, 29 days

22. Konno Asami is at 4 years, 10 months, 27 days

24. Kusumi Koharu is at 4 years, 7 months, 5 days

25. Fujimoto Miki is at 4 years, 4 months, 13 days

26. Tsuji Nozomi and Kago Ai are at 4 years, 3 months, 16 days

28. Li Chun and Qian Lin are at 3 years, 9 months

30. Nakazawa Yuko is at 3 years, 7 months, 8 days

31. Ogata Haruna, Nonaka Miki, Makino Marina and Haga Akane are at 3 years, 4 months, 14 days

35. Goto Maki is at 3 years, 1 month, 1 day

36. Ishiguro Aya is at 2 years, 4 months

37. Ichii Sayaka is at 2 years, 18 days

38. Fukuda Asuka is at 1 year, 7 months, 11 days 

39. Kaga Kaede and Yokoyama Reina are at 1 year, 2 months, 1 day

41. Morito Chisaki is at 7 months, 18 days

Lxm1Pavx.jpg

signature and avatar by me

#12236 ~Gin~

~Gin~

Mahou Shoujo Sakura

• Senpai
  • 4253 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:42 AM

Was it in Differ last year as well? Which is the bigger venue current MM has for these events?

^I doubt so, unless she has been trying to get into that. I don't remember her having any type of background to be able to make a composition. Or even lyrics. But who knows, we don't have translations so she might know how to play drums by now lol.
Nah but honestly Sakura doesn't seem into that? That's my impression.
So far it seems more likely for Sakura to sing one of Maa-chan's songs in the future.

all the girls can write noobs lyric anyway... just for special case like this

karin can't do that if it was not because some help fom kodama... 

put this aside.. i just hope this year will be more interesting again from the previous one :good:

----------------------------------------------------------

UTB January '18

Spoiler

B) B) B)

#12237 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:31 AM

For anyone who is interested here’s the episodes of Morning Jogakuin that Sakura hosted with Eripon and Ayumi:

#12238 ~Gin~

~Gin~

Mahou Shoujo Sakura

• Senpai
  • 4253 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:50 PM

:ph34r:
============================================

GINZA MAGZ Interview

https://ginzamag.com...morning-musume/

its seems the online ver. of the magazine segment earlier

maybe someone can translate it too :good:

#12239 vplpro

vplpro

#1 Ai-chan fan & Sakura's father wannabe

• Senpai
  • 2855 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

^I like her in blue...

YAY~My unofficial H!P unit - by V Project 

YAY~ "official" blog  YAY~@tumblr
~ V's family ~
Wife: Classified  Daugther: Sakura, Riho  Twin sister: Yuu-chan  Cousin: Ai-chan

#12240 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4361 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:09 PM

:good:

Oda%20Sakura-765305.jpg

今日!小田さくら

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか