Oda Sakura (小田さくら)

• Please log in to reply
13435 replies to this topic

#11941 Hexoone

Hexoone

The Embodiment of Schrödinger's cat and the Two Sided Coin.

• Senpai
  • 5378 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:55 PM

Regardless of whats your personal stand, be it conservative or liberal or whatever nonsense, bringing in your own accusations isn't gonna help when an extra serving of sexism is added. 

The girl has herself put out a photobook. It shows she agrees on, for lack of a better word, flaunting her great physique. No one is forcing her to do it. So as Oda fans lets just appreciate what she wants to show off to her fans and rivals lmao. 

post-86820-0-64715800-1379316256.jpg

Thanks and credits to ` ♥ [ Apple Cake's Graphics ]~

#11942 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:36 AM

I hate this, Sakura is too talented to UpFront trying to sell her like this.... I disapprove :/ , fight me I don't care... if you are a girl you understand, if you are a guy you'll PROBABLY (not everybody) be mad at this comment

Im a girl and i literally didn't understand a single word you said lol

I think she looks confident and amazing

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#11943 ~Gin~

~Gin~

Mahou Shoujo Sakura

• Senpai
  • 4253 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:51 AM

honestly i do understand some concern like that...because long long time ago i have that point of view too when entering the fanbase

but well...it can't be help, this is how idol business run

all the idol management (not just UF) always want to milking their idol no matter what way ...

I don't think I'll be able to get this one, but for a different reason.  It feels too much like accidentally walking in on a relative.  I'll concede that she met her goal of trying to increase her sex appeal, but it'll still probably feel a bit too icky for me for a couple of years.

^^You'd be surprised, with modern idol fans it can often be the opposite.  You end up with the most vocal male wota that think the purity of the idols needs to be protected while the female wota roll their eyes at the guys trying to dictate what is and isn't appropriate in a girl's own photobook or whether or not they should be allowed to date.  The arguments don't usually spiral outward much with members that are nearly 19 already like Sakura.  This just seems like it's a lot more hyper-sexualized than usual since Sakura has said she's wanted to have more sex appeal.  That might spark a few more debates than usual.  I'm personally in the camp of letting them do what they want, photobooks, boyfriends, etc.  That could be chalked up to me just being a guy, but it's more because I highly value personal liberties.

nooo... it must be the photographer who want this to be like that, no way sakura wants it

but she agreed anyway :lol:

I honestly think that it has the same element that all H!P pbs supposed to have. It's just that Sakura has THE sexy aura within her. Not the physical parts but the aura. She's a natural.

i feel the same... she make it so different :good:

#11944 Xxevilbunnyxx

Xxevilbunnyxx

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:18 AM

Well at first I didn’t like her getting a PB because of the whole idea guys a perverted. But after looking at all her pictures, I feel proud at how beautiful, confident, and of course sexy.

But I feel like this PB has a different aura about it. It gives off a more sophisticated appeal that makes these pictures seem far more than sexy.

Though I I dislike the bikini and over exposed/ pushed up breasts because it’s just dumb and overrated. The other pictures left me in awe at how good she looked.

As a girl, I’m feel more “YAS ODA SLAY!!” (Lol) compared to the “omg this is trashy or inappropriate” because Sakura looks amazing in the PB and she’s embracing herself as a beautiful young woman whose not getting any younger.

#11945 cutiepearl

cutiepearl

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:07 AM

She looks fantastic and she looks like she's feeling fantastic. I cant wait to see more of this, it's so good to see a pb this sexy. Reminds me of the good old days hehe.
Sakura is amazing and I fully support her embracing her sex appeal, it's so natural and lovely, it will be great to see how she grows from here!

#11946 ~Gin~

~Gin~

Mahou Shoujo Sakura

• Senpai
  • 4253 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:17 AM

DO5rl8FVwAAr9bX.jpg

love this photo...sweet <3 <3

#11947 I am 10th

I am 10th

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:19 AM

I'm a girl and I get what Joliv feels. The thing is, Sakura agreed to do it. It seems she enjoyed the shoot. Maybe she thought, it's a gateway to become more popular and appealing to men (coz based on my observation, her fanbase is dominated by female fans.) Sadly, nothing we can do about how she really thinks and expresses herself.

I still hate PBs tho. Just a personal view. 

m94s2a.jpg

#11948 RenaiDestiny。

RenaiDestiny。

♥ Gorilla-kun ♥

• Senpai
  • 3347 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:41 AM

Sakura is 18 years old. If she was uncomfortable, she could've spoke up. For example, after Miyabi's first photobook (she had to be at least 15-16 when it came out), she didn't release another one until she was an adult and almost out of Berryz Koubou as people assumed she was uncomfortable with the concept (The Making of DVD for her first photobook was very awkward and forced). So if the girls really aren't comfortable with their bodies being marketed a certain way, I doubt UFP would force it onto them. UFP is one of the companies that, despite the dumb decisions they make for their artists on a daily basis, treats every individual they hire with respect.

2DCV7Kc.jpg

#11949 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:15 AM

If I remember correctly Sakura said when she turns 18 she is going to do "sexy" and beat Mizuki. Like even in interviews during the Mizuki's last PB promotion she said that Sakura is better than her at doing "sexy".

#11950 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

In the Ai Kago's lost years you really had reasons to hate some Photo Books. :noo:

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#11951 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:04 PM

You know even as a 25 year old female, I still feel uncomfortable seeing shots like this, especially of young girls.

Some of us like these type of images, some don't but we just have to respect one another.

I just prefer the more artsy shoots instead of these gravure ones.

#11952 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

Regarding Sakura’s PB: The photographer who shot her PB is known for directing his subjects to do awkward poses (just look at some of the photos from other PBs he’s photographed and you’ll see) so we can’t really criticise Sakura for these kind of photos being included in her PB. She’s a professional and is doing what she can to gain popularity even if it does come across as rather awkward to some of us. I’m more concerned with the fact that when she released her PB there was absolutely no media coverage and usually that happens when someone releases a PB. I feel a little disappointed that this was her big moment and it went rather unnoticed.

#11953 ~Gin~

~Gin~

Mahou Shoujo Sakura

• Senpai
  • 4253 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:46 PM

no one critic her i think... some fans just concern the way they did for the production, addressing more to the office not her

yeah...some fans speculated the office actually didnt call any pers to attended, except one online media *i forget the name but i saw the article and sakura photo with white dress from the event*

anyway it also happened with duu and inoue rei, only one media covered their PB event... its seems UF will try a different kind of promotion for their future releases

#11954 joliv

joliv

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:44 PM

Yeah I was not by any means criticizing Oda... More so UFA that needs to be more careful about the content they let the girls or photographers choose, after all she is barely 18 and God knows nobody is mature enough at that age hahahaha......

But anyways leaving this whole discussion behind as I didn't mean it to be such a discussed comment. Does anybody know whats going on here???

https://twitter.com/...274217214550016

#11955 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:46 AM

My browser is being weird since I haven't updated it yet today, so I'm having trouble replaying the clip to pick up on what I missed over the giggling, but it seems like Sakura is saying that she can't really be very cute, at which point Ayumi interrupts with a comment like, "isn't someone going to tell her that's not true?!" before everyone starts complimenting her,  I had trouble trying to make out what she says to Morito, but it seems like she was implying it was patronizing to be told that by a cute girl like Chisaki.  When Sakura continues talking, Morito interrupts again by insisting that Sakura is cute.

#11956 ~Gin~

~Gin~

Mahou Shoujo Sakura

• Senpai
  • 4253 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:20 AM

that clip is funny :lol:
i like a spontaneous interaction like this :lol:
morito makes her get a lil bit annoyed :lol:

#11957 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:30 AM

The group need another Yossy trolling in this shows. ^_^

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#11958 pombo

pombo

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:12 PM

Yeah I was not by any means criticizing Oda... More so UFA that needs to be more careful about the content they let the girls or photographers choose, after all she is barely 18 and God knows nobody is mature enough at that age hahahaha......

But anyways leaving this whole discussion behind as I didn't mean it to be such a discussed comment. Does anybody know whats going on here???

https://twitter.com/...274217214550016

I confess that the photograph in the bed left me worried. I believe this is wrong. Too sexy if you understand me ... I did not like it.

King-smile.gifOdaHime fan

#11959 Haro!_Utahime

Haro!_Utahime

5th gen member

• Validating
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:11 PM

Kamioshi  <3

#11960 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:17 PM

If Sakura really doesn't like doing photobook, she will voice her opinions.

Aari is one case, after her 2nd Photobook, she stopped releasing any PBs or even appearing on magazines like U.T.B or Bombs.

Maa-chan is another example. Despite her current popularity, she hasn't released even 1 Photobook.

By the way, compared to the photobooks of Aari or Fuku-chan, this photobook doesn't emphasize her sexiness to the extremely inappropriate point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users