39 replies to this topic

#21 Vodka

Vodka

Berryz Avengers! Assemble!

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

Oops, can't let this thread escape.

Kinda a double post, but it's been a week.....

I just wanna ask you all if anyone is a Fan Club member?

^ Nope, I'm not....yet.
Although I'm hoping to get myself signed up for at least the M-line FC next year. ^_^
(I just have to mend the hole in my wallet first)

#22 callmeveej

callmeveej

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:23 AM

Ooh, other Canadian fans! I'm a stone's throw away from Toronto in a city called Brampton. I don't know any other H!P fans anywhere near me, so ヨロシクーーー!

I've actually got family in NJ, but I'm dirt broke and trying to build a music career out of my own wallet, so the trip and the Berryz show ticket are out of the question.

#23 Vodka

Vodka

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

*waves from NS* Welcome! ^_^

Out of curiosity, what style of music do you play?

Spoiler

#24 callmeveej

callmeveej

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

I'm a professional singer with some guitar and piano. I actually didn't plan on pursuing music, but was inspired by the personal growth and work ethic of certain H!P artists to see where I could go with it. Isn't that something?

#25 Vodka

Vodka

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:17 PM

^ That's pretty darn cool that H!P got you inspired. ^_^

I can say that, while not exactly and H!P group, certain Japanese music definitely inspired quite a few of my interests.

#26 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:44 PM

Ooh, other Canadian fans! I'm a stone's throw away from Toronto in a city called Brampton. I don't know any other H!P fans anywhere near me, so ヨロシクーーー!

I've actually got family in NJ, but I'm dirt broke and trying to build a music career out of my own wallet, so the trip and the Berryz show ticket are out of the question.

Hey, I live in Brampton too! (should have put that in my other post. ><)

And nope, not a FC member. I feel like there would be little point right now, being in Canada, because I wouldn't be able to participate in any events. If/when I move to Japan, I would like to join. :good:

We can just keep hoping that one day a H!P group (or, well, I like AKB48 too) will come to Canada and do a performance. Canada just has to start doing something really special that'll make it stand out in the world in a positive way that would make them want to come here.

#27 callmeveej

callmeveej

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

It's tough to encourage Japanese artists to come to Canada, since the Canadian music industry is an infant compared to the American and Japanese. It does happen once in a while, though. Gackt was in Toronto (last year, I think?) to promote his movie Bunraku at the Toronto Int'l Film Festival, and X-Japan reunited for a performance at Massey Hall. I missed both of those due to work, which is especially regrettable since they're my two favourite J-artists.

With enough luck, I might make some headway in the J-industry myself (one of my ambitions) and bring some performers back this way :P

#28 Ian905

Ian905

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:31 AM

@callmeveej and @Erin.

I used to live in Brampton! ^^ For most of my life. Had no idea there was H!P fans living there. :o

Fan of the 48 Family, Linda III Sei, Tokyo Performance Doll, THE Possible, and Seifuku Kojo Iinkai.

My last.fm

#29 Vodka

Vodka

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:22 PM

And nope, not a FC member. I feel like there would be little point right now, being in Canada, because I wouldn't be able to participate in any events. If/when I move to Japan, I would like to join. :good:

Yeah, I only plan on joining some FCs soon since I will be starting my annual trips to Japan next year. It still sucks being so far away. >_<

With enough luck, I might make some headway in the J-industry myself (one of my ambitions) and bring some performers back this way :P

Go for it! \o/
We already have Maynard and Blaise Plant from the ever awesome Japanese band Monkey Majik, representing us Canadians well. :D

I think over the past few years, Canada has started to take some baby steps in the right directions. The tourism industry seems to be more interested in building some sort of excitement.
Here in Atlantic Canada, we've made quite a few big moves in the past 3 or so years, bringing a few big music acts now and then which you would've never seen grace the area years prior.

Who knows, maybe H!P and other j-acts will one day just randomly start taking interest in us. But for now, I'll do my best to promote Canada elsewhere. ^_^

#30 meli-chan

meli-chan

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:30 AM

I'M canadian too..living near montreal
◕i'm nothing with out them◕ 高橋 愛-モーニング娘。

Posted Image

made by me

#31 pcysrok

pcysrok

anpanman

• Senpai
  • 926 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:49 AM

hey I'm back again burlington fan I know another H!P fan in brampton that makes three :D

I'm going to quebec city dec 29th to jan 3rd o_o

#32 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

^ Quebec City is awesome. It's like one of my favourite places in all of Canada. :lol: Have a good time!
And yay for more Brampton fans! At least some people in this city have good sense. XD

#33 cunning

cunning

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

Wow, I'm also from Halifax! Didn't know there were other fans here :)

Officially a KSS unit stan

Fan of H!P since 2006 💖

#34 Vodka

Vodka

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

^ What?!
Another Haligonian?!

Epic! \o/

#35 cunning

cunning

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

Hells yes! I didn't know there was another fan in the area, let alone someone who went on h!o :P

Officially a KSS unit stan

Fan of H!P since 2006 💖

#36 pcysrok

pcysrok

anpanman

• Senpai
  • 926 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:05 AM

it's gonna be great!! my friend recommended some great places to go to and stuff and we're going tubing at valcartier so that should be fun

#37 Vodka

Vodka

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:07 AM

Hells yes! I didn't know there was another fan in the area, let alone someone who went on h!o :P

It's like it changes everything! lol
One of these days, we shall meet. Kinda busy until after the holidays. ^^;

@ Refrijita, Nice!
You know, lazy me...I've never actually been to Quebec yet. : P

#38 Uttate_chan

Uttate_chan

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

live in ontario
sudbury here!

#39 Vodka

Vodka

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

I need a place to vent about local nonsense and figured this was the best place.

Spoiler

I'm so happy I have j-idols to help keep me happy and sane on a daily basis. :sleep:

#40 HelloAika

HelloAika

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

I'm a Canadian H!P Fan as well.
I'm from Kingston, Ontario.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users