• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

that was a great season finale. im not sure if its happened in this show before but the murder suicide was pretty deep.
Posted Image

#22 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:27 AM

The first 15 minutes was pretty boring, but I like how we saw the Homeless guy from the first episode, and Mini Zuko (it's his same voice soo...) The air fleets attacking the fleets of of ships was pretty boring though...

When Asami and Mako broke up it felt a bit justified..

Tarrlok's story about Amon was soo sad

Asama Iroh and Bolin fell for that trap too easily

Amon's face.. And it was soo scary seeing Tenzin and his kids tied up..

Asami's dad is a bad man...

Mako lighting bended!

Bolin lacks character development

the suicide thing was sad ( i originally thought the tear hitting the glove is what killed them..)

Korra got her bending taken away!

She could air bend though!

She talked to Aang and got her bending back and restored LIn's bending
:D
:D

MizukiRina

Twitter

#23 NyNy

NyNy

踊る 女王~♥

• Senpai
  • 1430 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

I just finished Avatar, the ending was good :) Glad to have finally finished the series!

My blog, Nyam with Ny <- 私のブログを読んでください!

#24 maddogz33

maddogz33

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:26 AM

I watched the first Avatar, is the new show worth watching? I know I watched 1 episode a while back, but it didn't seem as good as the first.

#25 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

i would say that its worth watching. no fillers and most of the characters arent wasted. it seemed liked everyone named character had a purpose.
Posted Image

#26 maddogz33

maddogz33

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:38 AM

Hmm alright I suppose I'll give it a shot.

#27 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

Facts about season 2 (sorry for copy&paste)

• There will be a total of 4 books and 52 episodes.
  • Some promotional artwork from the second book (Book 2: Spirits) were revealed. It is set 6 months after the first book's end.
  • The opening scene is set at the Southern Water Tribe during a festival, inside a large banquet hall made of ice.
  • Korra and her friends embark on a journey through another Water Tribe, rather dark and ominous in nature.
  • The scene cuts back to the iceberg Aang was frozen in. The ice has an otherworldly glow to it.
  • There are some paintings of the Southern Air Temple and the base of the mountain with mist around them.
  • Korra and her friends will be going into the Spirit World in 2 special episodes.
  • The costumes are similar with elements to compensate for winter. Asami has an Amelia Earhart look, while the others have longer selves and winter coats.
  • Kya, Aang and Katara's daughter and eldest child, will be making an appearance. She is described as being somewhat of a hippie with a special bond with Senna and Jinora.
  • More about Korra's parents will be revealed.
  • Korra's uncle, Tribal Chief Unarock (spelling still uncertain) of the Northern Water Tribe, will mentor Korra with spirituality.
    • Unarock has twin children, a boy and a girl, both of whom are Korra's cousins.
  • A Howard Hughes playboy kind of character named Verick will be introduced. He will be a resident of the Southern Water Tribe and will have a funny relationship with Bolin. He is a shipping magnet.
  • Evil spirits will be antagonists, one being bipedal with glowing eyes and branch-like appendages.
  • A clip was shown.
    • The Fire Ferrets were defeated and Mako chases someone on his motorbike.
    • Asami is determined to put her father's company back on top.
    • Korra enters the Avatar State to win a race.
    • A spirit creature twice her size attacks Korra, and she uses the Avatar State to battle it.
  • Mako becomes a police officer and Bolin searches for his path.

Also any new name unless other wise stated I'm pretty sure is a relative of Korra..

MizukiRina

Twitter

#28 Rice-chan

Rice-chan

Life is like Fishfingers and Custard: Oddly Satisfying

• Senpai
  • 1720 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

Yes I just read the news! I'm so excited for 40 more episodes!! :w00t:

I also found this picture online:
Posted Image

It's the Old Gaang <3
God I really miss them...

sd1ppf.png

+ My Tumblr! + My Graphics Thread +

#29 beebee

beebee

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

I'm really glad The Legend Of Korra is going so well, 40 more episodes is such great news! I can't wait to see more of Bumi - haha, we saw him for like, five seconds and everyone loves him :-p And from her description, I think Kya's going to become one of my favourite characters.

Ahh, that picture <3 <3 <3 I miss the Gaang too, so much. Where is Katara's hand? XD I'd really like to know what happened to Mai. She was my favourite character and I loved her relationship with Zuko.

#30 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

RIP to Mako, voice of Iroh Seasons 1 through 2 6 years as of today..
December 10 1933 - July 21 2006

MizukiRina

Twitter

#31 洋hiromi水

洋hiromi水

dance, dancing all of the night~ ♫

• Senpai
  • 1654 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

I have finally watched all of Avatar: The Last Airbender, so now I'm going to start watching Legends of Korra ^_^ nice to read that it's worth watching, my boyfriend says it's a good continuation as well. Even though he mentioned that it's kinda different from the original series, which he thinks is a good thing though.

anyway, actually I came to share this:
Spoiler

I love ATLA AMVs and I've watched a lot already, but this one is really awesome.

Yamazaki Mei Kaga Kaede  Haga Akane  Danbara Ruru Sasaki RikakoAkiyama MaoHirai Miyo

#32 blindwhatif

blindwhatif

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

i loved atla one of the best animated shows out there in my opinion
LoK was ok, didn't have the same "flavor" as atla, but nonetheless hope the next season will be more exciting.
hope korra doesnt goof up all the time either, now that she has great control over her bending..

Posted Image

All Credit goes to S-N-I-P-E-R for the beautiful set =) thanks again Sniper

#33 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

I guess if you watch LoK after A:TLA it's a step down, but after waiting almost 4 years for this, I was glad that they aired episodes consistantly, and it was consistant plot (by that I mean they never got side tracked compared to I dunno 70% of Book Water XP) even if it felt rushed or just not well written.. But they are getting ome of the staf form the original series for the next 3 (maybe 2 for only the last 2) books!

Also I liked how it was more mature, because I guess being 4 years older this time aorund it flet like it appealed to me a bit more

MizukiRina

Twitter

#34 Rice-chan

Rice-chan

Life is like Fishfingers and Custard: Oddly Satisfying

• Senpai
  • 1720 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

You know I just realised how well LoK was animated compared to the first 2 seasons of AtLa XD
In my mind I always considered those seasons to be the same animated quality as LoK until I started to re-watch the series again XD

Anyways, I think I would never say this but.. I really miss the filler episodes in LoK! >.<
They can drive you crazy but they're usually fun to watch.
They also show that much more of the character building which I think LoK seriously lacked.
I understand that LoK had a small season, but it felt like they just skipped a few key moments in character development which made all the relationships going on feel very hasty.
Spoiler

sd1ppf.png

+ My Tumblr! + My Graphics Thread +

#35 MejraThea

MejraThea

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1635 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

I actually have been wanting to watch Korra since my friend started freaking out over it. Is there somewhere to watch it online? XD I'm going to do a search myself, but if anyone knows a stable link, please enlighten me!
Edit: trying out gogoanime.com. Let them be stable!

Finished LoK a few months ago, waiting for more more more!

Edited by MejraThea, 11 November 2012 - 11:32 PM.

#36 ruel

ruel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1222 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:43 PM

I like this one, but for some reasons, I'm not considering it as an anime but a top notched cartoon with an anime feels

Great story line and animation!

JNiysQ1.jpeg

#37 PCC

PCC

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 921 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:35 AM

oh wow. this thread is so dead. for a microsec, i thought someone might actually talk about the LGBT ending for season 4

b011567e5ed5fe01d20f62129749e1834524bc7.

#38 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:59 AM

Wow seeing my old posts from over 2 years ago make me cringe.

But LoK really picked its self up into an amazing series in the last 2 seasons. It's a shame the show had to be aired under such bad terms. I guess I can't be too upset about how it aired because if they aired the episodes how Bryke wanted to we probably wouldn't have seen book 3 yet.  I feel like the creators listened to the fans about that they liked in Book 1 and Book 2 to make the last half of the series truly amazing!

Book 2 was definitely the lowest point for the series. Unalaq sucked, Korra was a mess (the equivalent of Zuko in book 2: earth), the love triangle was garbage, and the resolution was really cheap.

Book 3 is my favorite book from both series, everything about it was just perfect. Book 4 might have been even better if that recap episode didn't mess up the pacing.

Korrasami being canon really hasn't hit me yet, I think it's really cool that they're a couple, but we aren't going to see any form of new Korra things (Which will probably be comics at best) for a LONG time, so why should I really care?

I hope to partake in some engaging discussions in this thread

MizukiRina

Twitter

#39 PCC

PCC

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 921 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:10 PM

^ wow. is season 2 that unpopular? is that why H!O stopped discussion here after it aired? i thought it was the best season, in terms of visual style and world-building lore.

S3 was cool, but i looked at way too many movie batman/bane memes to not giggle whenever the airbending anarchist makes a sexy monologue.

mixed feelings about season 4,  loved varus .. sorry varick and juli doing their thing. korra herself is a disappointment. it's like she totally got nerfed. after all she's been through, an "expert" earth bender , and one lousy mecha which had only 1 BFG shouldn't be a problem, especially after getting back her avatar-state it's like adding drama and tension just for the heck of it.

Edited by PCC, 13 January 2015 - 07:12 PM.

b011567e5ed5fe01d20f62129749e1834524bc7.

#40 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:40 AM

Book 2 could have been the best book of the series, if it was the last book, but the structure of the series couldn't allow that since each season is a seperate story not just 1 big story like a:tla was.

The only flaw with Book 2 taking place at the end is that it takes out the new airbender's subplot from Harmonic Convergence. 

But Book 2 was really flawed imo. Unalaq is not a compassionate villain at all. Amon wanted equality (Although we should have gotten to know more about his motives), Zaheer was an anarchist who wanted freedom, and Kuvira wanted to help her nation that has always been plagued with corruption. Unalaq just wants power and to become a dark avatar.

The love triangle really reduces Asami to nothing more than a plot accessory, Books 3&4 were much better because they buried away the love triangle. The idea of a dark avatar could have been something much bigger and greater, but I don't think it could have been done in 14 episodes.

Sure, I love the characters introduced in Book 2, who doesn't love Varrick, Kya, Bumi, Desna and Eska? Book 2 has many charm points that get overshadowed by a rushed and over complicated plot.

I love Korra tbh, if you look at her growth from book 1 to the finale in book 4 she has grown so much. In my opinion I think her journey is better than Aang's I know ATLA was a kid's show but Aang getting energy bending instead of having a personal conflict resolution of killing someone just never felt right to me.

MizukiRina

Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users