• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 Oikaze

Oikaze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1834 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

In terms of extreme metal, this is my favorite live performance of the ones I've seen. *Warning, this is black metal, which is, by definition, blasphemous, so if that offends you, please do not watch it*

"It is now generally conceded that the pumpkin, as a shade tree, is a failure." - Mark Twain

#22 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

^
Don't worry, I'm not easily offended. (I couldn't understand most of the lyrics anyway. XD ) Most of these "Satanic" bands are just putting on an act to sell records / CDs anyway.

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#23 Oikaze

Oikaze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1834 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

^ Yes and no... few of them believe in a literal devil, but most of them are genuinely opposed to Christianity and use blasphemy to rebel against it.

I personally am past that stage... ex-Christians like me go through a phase of feeling the need to blaspheme in one way or another, but once Christianity becomes irrelevant to ones life, the catharsis of such utterances and actions becomes unnecessary.
"It is now generally conceded that the pumpkin, as a shade tree, is a failure." - Mark Twain

#24 Pukovnik Krv

Pukovnik Krv

Krv fae Vastafel

• Senpai
  • 724 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

For Venom I don't think they ever took anything seriously. Look at Teacher's Pet :P

For real grim stuff, can't beat Mayhem at Wacken (Don't watch if you're squeamish). Then again, when it came to raising the bar, I don't think any other metal band has had the singer commit suicide, and the bassist murder the guitarist before, so Mayhem have to take the cake.

#25 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

Mahem were a good live band saw them in London way back and was an awesome show

TEAM TAKECHAN

#26 Oikaze

Oikaze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1834 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:41 PM

As for that psychotic stuff in Norway in the early 90's, I'll quote what Venom said about it, "How can you make albums and tour if you are in jail?" Mayhem has made some excellent music, but some of its members clearly lacked the ability to distinguish their persona from personality.

#27 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:52 PM

You guys know that there's a thread here for metal, right? (I know Oikaze knows...) :lol:

Anyway, I saw that documentary Metal - A Headbanger's Journey http://www.amazon.co...7851445&sr=8-13 and I remember the story about someone from Mayhem being killed, and the members making a necklace from pieces of his skull. That's pretty messed up! :S

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#28 Is_Purple

Is_Purple

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:42 PM

#29 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:10 AM

ZONE final live in budokan, 'nuff said :o
:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#30 Yukinon

Yukinon

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

Easily Supercar's LAST LIVE. I'm talking about the whole live itself and not just a certain moment or song.

Perfume live at Yoyogi (not musical performance but great speech, it's very touching)

Some honorable mentions are ZONE final live -secret base-, Perfume budoukaaaan / Perfume Second Tour 2009, etc.

And of course Morning Musume lives, in particular of this one.

#31 Mab

Mab

Everywhere you go, the sky is the sky, and people are people.

• Senpai
  • 1221 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

Kinda surprised you had a Mikitty song in there, but it was a pretty awesomely spirited performance I gotta say.

Anyways, Here's ten from me, in no real order:

"Ravenous" by Arch Enemy
"Change" by Hyuna
"Du Hast" by Rammstein (i'm not even a big rammstein fan, but the shit they do live is awesome. One of the bands I'd like to see live the most)
"Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica
"Killing in the Name" by Rage Against the Machine (not my favorite RATM song, but Zach brings it in this one, there's a reason it has so many views)
"Valhalla" by Blind Guardian (seriously, even if you don't watch this whole video, just watch the last 3 minutes or so. It's the most epic crowd I've EVER seen)
"Center of the Universe" by Kamelot (just an awesome performance, Khan is one of the best live singers I've ever heard)
"In the Night Sky" by After School Red
"Texas Flood" by Stevie Ray Vaughan (the best blues guitarist ever, there'll never be another like him. And he straight kills this performance, he slayed it)
"The Real Folk Blues" by The Seatbelts

#32 Lawrence

Lawrence

Genki ni, KOHA =D

• Senpai
  • 2128 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:04 AM

why am i not surprised most are japanese music? XD i would like to add Hiki-chan's Sanctuary live performance coz it made me cry a little ; ; she sings with tos of emotion o.o

#33 洋hiromi水

洋hiromi水

dance, dancing all of the night~ ♫

• Senpai
  • 1654 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

okay, so here are some of my favs.
you can see my quirky taste in music. ^^; I have no real "favorite genre", I just like so much different stuff.

Morning Musume - Songs
Morning Musume - Genki +
Morning Musume - Namidacchi
Berryz Koubou - Gag 100-Kaibun Aishite Kudasai Acapella Version (of course ;) )
Buono! - My boy

Christina Aguilera - Lady Marmalade
It can't be helped, I love this woman. All her concerts are great. And I'm so fascniated by the guy in heels! ^^;

I would like to add a MJ performance because I love him <3 but there are so many great performances I can't choose. lol.

There are some great Slipknot performances too. But I've got no time to search for one now XD

Metallica - Enter Sandman S&M
the whole concert is amazing. you should really watch it.

Miyavi - Sakihokoru Hana No You Ni (PSC 2009)

Big Bang - Haru Haru
Big Bang - Love Song

Otsuka Ai - Friends

oh, and my absolute, absolute, absolute favorite song and favorite live performance is this.
YUI - Tokyo
I love this girl. <3

Yamazaki Mei Kaga Kaede  Haga Akane  Danbara Ruru Sasaki RikakoAkiyama MaoHirai Miyo

#34 boinky78

boinky78

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

#35 Mab

Mab

Everywhere you go, the sky is the sky, and people are people.

• Senpai
  • 1221 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:32 PM

why am i not surprised most are japanese music?

On this forum it's expected! At least a few people added some variety!

#36 Nyokou

Nyokou

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:25 AM

I can't really put together an all-time favorite list... I'll just do one for performances I've recently watched that I thought were outstanding.

1. Girls' Generation - The Boys (Music Bank Comeback October 2011) - Basically any of their stages from the 'comeback' week. You can tell how much they've improved on their live performances since their last Korean single "Hoot". I'd like to think they improved so much in just a short amount of time because of their activities in Japan, especially their 1st tour.

2. Natsumi Abe - Furusato (Graduation @ Hello Project 2004 Winter C'mon Dance World) - Beautiful. Seriously, this is an amazing performance. I don't even watch the PV anymore, just this performance. I'm gonna cry I swear...

3. BoA - Girls on Top, Copy & Paste, Hurricane Venus (MBC Gayo Daejun 2010) - She is definitely one of the most impressive performers I've ever seen. Her singing is spot-on and her dancing is flawless. That's all there is to it.

4. Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On (Live in Las Vegas 2007) - Honestly go get this DVD right now, every single performance on it is amazing. Celine is just one of those singers who sounds exactly the same in live performances compared to the actual recorded songs. So this is not a particular performance... I'm recommending all of them from this tour. I just chose this song cause it's the most famous.

5. Sunny Hill - Pray (Live @ MTV The Show Korea October 2011) - They're so good live. I especially love Jubi (main vocalist). Even when they were performing their previous single "Midnight Circus" they sang live perfectly... One of the rare groups in Korea that never lip-synchs, of course they're not idols though so it's expected.

6. Davichi - Don't Say Goodbye (KBS Love Request September 2011) - Simply amazing female duo. They could work on their breathing techniques but that's about the only criticism I have for them. Every performance of this song is just so good.

7. Morning Musume - Koi no Dance Site (Hello! Project Live 2000) - The interaction with the audience is just superb in this performance. I thought K-pop groups' fan chants and interactions with fans were epic but J-pop idol groups' fans are amazing!

8. The GazettE - Taion (Live Tour 2006) - Very emotional performance. Anyone familiar with The GazettE knows who this song is based off of. Pretty much any performance of this song is very heart-wrenching. (There's another one even more tear-inducing but let's not get too emotional here... heh)

That's all I can think of right now. They are not in any particular order. I may not have much variety cause I didn't really care about live performances until I got into K-pop hehe. And honestly Celine Dion is the only non-Asian performer I've actually really liked watching her live performances. Maybe I'm just hard to impress.

2014-01DalShabetGaeun-BBB.png

ももいろクローバーZDal★Shabet
@Nyokou

#37 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

^

That Koi No Dance Site is from 4th gen's debut show isn't it? I love that show the set list was really good. And it's cute that on the DVD you can choose to watch the new members only and you see all the little mistakes they make i just go awww everytime they find themselves stood there and have to run to get in place. It was only one month after they joined which is pretty crazy considering where it was. Best month ever join the biggest idol group in Japan at that point then weeks later perform two sold out nights at Budokan.

And BoA is so awesome live she's majorly intense and a great singer and dancer.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#38 Vodka

Vodka

Berryz Avengers! Assemble!

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

^ Truly a great MM concert that one is <3

8. The GazettE - Taion (Live Tour 2006) - Very emotional performance. Anyone familiar with The GazettE knows who this song is based off of. Pretty much any performance of this song is very heart-wrenching. (There's another one even more tear-inducing but let's not get too emotional here... heh)

^ The Taion perf. during their Decomposition Beauty final, eh? That one ripped me apart emotionally. Freakin' chilling. Even precious Kai-kun was crying like a baby by the end of it. T__T

I'll take a moment to divulge in my Utada Hikaru obsession by sharing some of my favorite perfs. These are in no real order.

1.) My favorite Passion performance would have to be from the Utada United 2006 tour final:

> http://video.google....768621371032674

- Sends chills down my spine. I watch this performance every once in a while, full screen, with the lights down low...or usually off. Since I first heard it, Passion has always resonated with me deeply (is there any Hikki song that doesn't? :P) and this perf is just.....<3
I hear that she wasn't even at feeling 100% for this show, which you can kind of hear, but she still totally killed it! She's totally feeding off of the energy -- she's feeling it.

2.) In general, Goodbye Happiness always makes me teary with bittersweet joy. This performance from Wild Life 2010 is no exception.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFkvLN9pt-k

- How can such an upbeat and bouncy song hold so much quasi sullenness? I liken this song to a sunshower -- a beautifully unusual meteorological phenomenon in which rain falls while the sun is shining.
The lyrics are like everything she is and ever was. Dammit Hikki! Your "hiatus" is killing me. Anyway, the performance is perfect. That's all. Just...perfect.
I'd also like to note: in the PV for this song, at the end, when she goes off-screen for a little bit and then returns with the hat and flag from the PV for 'Traveling'....I die a little bit more inside. T__T

3.) Prisioner of Love - Wild Life 2010

>

- Again. Perfection. I guess I'm just a prisoner of Hikki's voice. :wub:

4.) And back over to Utada United 2006 for the awesomeness that is "This is Love":

>

- What else can I say....this is 100% pure love. <3

5.) Movin' on without you - Bohemian Summer 2000

>

- One of my favorite performances from her very first tour ever <3

Finally, since Madonna is always relevant to me...this is my absolute favorite performance from her of all time.

Issac - Confessions tour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9mys-bj4Jk

- The whole tour was golden joy from beginning (especially the beginning @__@) to end, but this perf takes the cake for me.
The dancer + Issac's voice and instrumental + Madonna......it's all to perfect to me.

#39 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

Hikki is so brilliant live. No matter how many times you see her each time feels special. She's perfect like a Goddess.

"Goodbye Happiness" is a great song and one very much that seems to be for her fans. The song sings about a relationship and seems to be aimed at a partner but there is a subtle message in the lyrics. That she has grown and changed and is no longer innocent but she still loves her fans and wants them to love her back. When she writes "i love you" on a notepad it really gets me. And the hat and flag from "traveling" is a great moment. It's the song that made me a fan of her and still my all time #1 song.

On that subject i just remembered this. This is Miracle Hikaru a gravure idol and talented impressionist most famous for her Utada Hikaru impersonation. When i first saw this way way back as soon as she started singing i wanted to cry it';s pretty amazing.

And another performance by her more recent.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#40 Vodka

Vodka

Berryz Avengers! Assemble!

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

Holy crap! So impressive.

...and that second video!
When I heard the opening notes for Beautiful World I was like.... :w00t:

Miracle Hikaru is amazing! @___@

0 user(s) are reading this topic