#1 Oikaze

Oikaze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1834 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:31 AM

This is my top ten, after going through quite a few clips:

10. “My Way” by Frank Sinatra (1989)
9. “Romantic Ukare Mode” by Fujimoto Miki on “Hey! Hey! Hey!” (2002)
8. “Terrible Lie/Sin” by Nine Inch Nails (2000) *Warning: Contains Profanity and Explicit Lyrics*
7. “The Star-Spangled Banner” by Whitney Houston (Super Bowl XXV, 1991)
6. “TV Eye/1970” Iggy and the Stooges in Cincinnati, Ohio (1970)
5. “Where Did You Sleep Last Night?” by Nirvana (1993)
4. “Voodoo Child” by Jimi Hendrix in Berkeley, California (1970)
3. “We Are the Champions” by Queen (Live Aid, 1985)
2. “San Quentin” by Johnny Cash at San Quentin State Prison (1969)
1. “Bad” by U2 (Live Aid, 1985)

So what is your top ten? Or, if you're less obsessive-compulsive than I am... what are your favorites? All live musical performances in any language, country, era and genre (including the music of idols) are included.
"It is now generally conceded that the pumpkin, as a shade tree, is a failure." - Mark Twain

#2 TVD

TVD

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5480 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:13 AM

Or, if you're less obsessive-compulsive than I am.................(including the music of idols)

:lol: Just one, but I regularly rewatch it.

Tsuugaku Vector ☂ by Suzuki Airi
(it's in HD)
The way the fans chant her name at the beginning always puts me in a good mood!

#3 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:03 AM

This is the song and performance that made me a Sakura Gakuin fan, and certainly helped convince me that these girls were the greatest idol / girl group that ever existed in the history of recorded music!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3
Watch it in HD for full maximum effect... ;)

And here's my favorite song from another favorite idol group, "Ebizori Diamond!!" by Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku. Again, you should watch this in HD. :)

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#4 Picky

Picky

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 653 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:19 AM

It's been sped up but I love listening to Momoiro Clover live videos really loud :P
I love how energetic they are + the wota chants :D

Posted Image

Top ---48:-1.Matsubara Natsumi -2.Tomomi Kasai -3. Iriyama Anna

#5 SunnyBunny

SunnyBunny

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2700 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:43 PM

I'm going to be biased and say this;

Because it's freaking epic. Even though it's probably lipsynched.

Oh and this;

avatar by & signature by me! || voted ayacho's greatest fan of 2011!

anfVdz9.jpg

#6 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:26 PM

Freakin'

Unfortunately, good live performances of idorus are only seen when they do legendary places like SSA, Yoko Arena, or Budokan
Otherwise it's almost no different from an FC performance in a bingo hall or high school auditorium (i.e. more amish than an AKB theatre)

#7 Pukovnik Krv

Pukovnik Krv

Krv fae Vastafel

• Senpai
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

Pink Floyd's Pulse concerts and Queen at Live Aid.

#8 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:19 PM

It took Erika's graduation for H!P to come up with a dance this brilliant. I'd like to see those Disney Channel girls pull off something like this! :lol:

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#9 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:57 PM

gosh, it's hard to pick a favorite live performance. i've been to a few concerts in my lifetime, and from that, i'd say those were the best. hmm, one of my favorites was blue october live. i've seen them twice ( was also in one of their videos) and i love their intensity, and the emotion of their songs. but what i've seen on television, i'd have to say janet jackson's "black cat" live performance. it's been a long time since i've seen it, but it's a very memorable performance for me. another artist that puts on amazing lives is ayumi hamasaki. they're so theatrical, and i love to watch her perform because she always looks like she's having so much fun. i love her smile. (aichan kind of has a similar smile as well)

#10 micchipyon☆

micchipyon☆

おつかれいな ~ ♡

• Senpai
  • 4081 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:57 PM

SONGS - Morning Musume
YES. <3

☆ set by Apple Cake // 田中れいな、永遠に 愛する♥ ☆

Posted Image

twitter × personal tumblr × youtube × yuko fantumblr
《voted as tanaka reina's & ogawa saki's greatest fan 2O11》

#11 BuonoCafe13

BuonoCafe13

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

Pika Pika 2010! Morning Musume! Great Medley!Click here to see.
Posted Image

#12 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

if we're talking about morning musume live performances, this one stands out as being the best i've ever seen.

#13 mochi.rini

mochi.rini

新垣 里沙...大好き!❤

• Senpai
  • 1024 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

^
Agreed!~ I was actually surprised that the video wasn't posted earlier XD Even if it was MM, I'd still be totally impressed~

Hi~iiya!~ (>^ u ^)>Posted Image

I support T a k a G a k i

Risa picture Tumblr

Rini's blog \(^ - ^)/

#14 Oikaze

Oikaze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1834 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:22 AM

@GEL: Do you mean at the 1990 VMA's? I just watched that and I loved it... not ordinarily into dance pop but that song has some good metallic riffs (I'm a metalhead, so I like that a lot)... and yes, I'm a sucker for any performance in which a woman opens her shirt. :lol:
"It is now generally conceded that the pumpkin, as a shade tree, is a failure." - Mark Twain

#15 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

^ that'd be it. too bad she was lip syncing, but that's ok. it was pretty dang amazing! she's always been one of my favorite performers of the 90s. i loved her female backup dancers. there was on in particular that i had the biggest crush on. man was she hot! http://www.hello-onl...tyle_emoticons/hello-online/nosebleed.gif

#16 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:06 AM

Although this is only part of a song, and the quality is low, this video from Deep Purple is a lot of fun to watch. We get to see Ritchie Blackmore destroy guitars, attack the cameraman filming him and set fire to a stack of speakers! XD It's rock'n'roll, baby! :w00t:

While I'm at it, I'll plug one of my favorite idol groups that needs more support. Here's Jewel Kiss performing "Koisuru Sniper" live on January 29, 2011.

Edited by Doki Doki Morning, 05 September 2011 - 06:17 AM.

#17 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

Utada Hikaru - Movin On Without you live 2000. This was one of her best performences it's available on DVD. Hikki just has this awesome energy in her live shows and watching it doesn't do it justice you have to be there to feel the energy rising from her but i think this DVD captured it pretty well especially on this track.

Gackt - Emu For my Dear live Drug Party tour. Despite the weird name this was a great tour that produced some of Gackts best shows. This performence really captures the Gackt like experience. Many singers sound great in the studio and then you see them live and it's a letdown. Gackt sounds the same live as he does in the studo it's incredible

TEAM TAKECHAN

#18 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

Melt Banana - Blank Page Of The Blind. Brighton 2009. All i'll say is anyone who was there knows how great this performence was. Also have to say the lead singer Yasuko is one of the nicest people i've ever interviewed.

Rammstein - Moskau live in Moscow 2004. Again this is one that anyone who was there would tell you it was incredible. I think the video from the DVD captured the power of this performence really well

TEAM TAKECHAN

#19 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:22 AM

I'll admit it's not for everyone's taste buds, just really connoisseurs of old-school

#20 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:11 AM

Here's a pair of songs for the extreme metalheads out there....First up is Swiss metal gods Coroner from 1990. This is my favorite Coroner song, "Die By My Hand".

Next is the song that got me into death metal, from the band that created the genre, Death. The framing of this video sucks, as it cuts off heads, but it's the best quality live version that I could find. From 1998, this is "Lack Of Comprehension".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users