• Please log in to reply
660 replies to this topic

#21 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:05 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I don't have a good feeling about all this expansion.

Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#22 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:59 AM

It's all 100% official folks :lol:
JKT48 official website

Announcement by TGSK on AKB ameblo

For realszzzzzzzz? Lol that was my reaction when I read it on the official Twitter haha......

It was inevitable. AkiP has always said he wanted have 48 group idols all over the country. It's just expanding business. Whether it fails or not, we all knew its gonna happen. My wallet can't take the abuse to be honest....

About expanding oversees in Indonesia..... Small market, so idikkkk. This could be a test for AkiP to see if he can create an successful overseas idol group. If it goes as planned, we may see many more. I thinking Korea, China or Hong Kong, Taiwán. Even make the impossibile and try America, preferably Hawaii.

#23 TxBullnettle

TxBullnettle

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

This doesn't bother me, at all. When Ice Cream Musume came out they didn't seem to affect Momusu one way or another. They mostly covered Japanese songs in Chinese before fading into oblivion. I don't know how an idol group would do in Indonesia, but I don't see them gaining much popularity any where else in Asia much less in the western world. We might see some mention in the news portions of AKB's programs, and a few members show up in different shows, but the communication barrier will probably be too much for any in depth involvement.

P.S.I'm not trying to dis Indonesian pop, I've just never heard any Indonesian music. Considering the massive non-effect a "foreign" unit had before (I forgot Coconut's Musume in the previous example) with another Idol group I liked, I see no cause for concern at this time.

P.P.S. While I would definitely agree that the AKB family is suffering from "stage stagnation" I don't think the quality of singles is necessarily going down. While "Flying Get" wasn't one of my favorites, the ending theme from MG2 was good (and one of the only redeeming qualities of the series) and Eiguchi Aimi's single was top quality too. All of this is just my opinion anyways. . .

#24 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:24 AM

This doesn't bother me, at all. When Ice Cream Musume came out they didn't seem to affect Momusu one way or another. They mostly covered Japanese songs in Chinese before fading into oblivion. I don't know how an idol group would do in Indonesia, but I don't see them gaining much popularity any where else in Asia much less in the western world. We might see some mention in the news portions of AKB's programs, and a few members show up in different shows, but the communication barrier will probably be too much for any in depth involvement.

P.S.I'm not trying to dis Indonesian pop, I've just never heard any Indonesian music. Considering the massive non-effect a "foreign" unit had before (I forgot Coconut's Musume in the previous example) with another Idol group I liked, I see no cause for concern at this time.

P.P.S. While I would definitely agree that the AKB family is suffering from "stage stagnation" I don't think the quality of singles is necessarily going down. While "Flying Get" wasn't one of my favorites, the ending theme from MG2 was good (and one of the only redeeming qualities of the series) and Eiguchi Aimi's single was top quality too. All of this is just my opinion anyways. . .

AkiP is a smart man who takes challenges and ppl past problems, and take them into account. Watching the fall of popularity of MM and the problems H!P had, I'm sure he is taking advantage of it.
I have no idea how he will make sure JKT48 doesn't become a Ice Cream Musume or a Coconuts Musume. If I was in his position, I wouldn't know. But he must have something up his sleeve to take such a risk.
I think idol fans in Japan know this too, yet since its AkiP as producer, their very curious what he'll do and are excited like I am.
But if this fails, I'm sure AkiP has a backup plan so that his Japanese creations don't take a hit or his yet to be made groups will not suffer.
He on a different level than most producers. It's scary....

If he figured out a way to successed overseas, we all must definitely give him Yuko Claps Posted Image

#25 TxBullnettle

TxBullnettle

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:33 AM

On a side note....

Knowing that idols are typically involved in gravure and release PB's in swimwear and other skin-baring outfits...at least the Japanese one's anyway. . .

(I'm asking this question honestly) How are idols supposed to thrive in the largest Muslim country in the world? Maybe I'm just not that familiar with Indonesian culture, but I don't see typical idol culture meshing with Islam. I would appreciate any clarity that could be brought to this subject. Thanks.

#26 LarcKen

LarcKen

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:56 PM

To give you guys some image of how they're going to look like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUROnfyoUow&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTulZ1w97hQ

They're local girl group called 'Cherrybelle'. Just released their 1st single and started appearing now and then on TV, and i think they're on the rise.
Girl group started to become a new trend in Indonesia it seems. They're still some other group.

And no, of course we can't accurately predict of JKT48's actual outcome just by watching this group. Remember that JKT is managed by a Japanese company, and Aki-P is their producer.

#27 Medusa

Medusa

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

^
Please...they even not look like AKB.
Whatever with JKT48,this is so BORING.

Edit : JKT48 = AKB48 "wanna be" right?
so...is there any chance to put "Eguchi AImi Indonesia version" on their team?
LOL

#28 LarcKen

LarcKen

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

^ wow... that post is littered with so many ignorant and fail remarks i can't even begin to point :blink:

#29 Medusa

Medusa

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:08 PM

well...it seems like JKT48 fans doesn't like when the other comment about their group.
Just like I said, "Whatever!" =)

Good luck then.

Ohohoho...

#30 Nao-kun

Nao-kun

Seeding is Sexy

• Senpai
  • 5921 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:49 PM

Soon there will be a Worldwide48.

Nah, won't ever happen and if he would dare to expand to either America or Europe he would fall on his nose, long term commercial success is not possible with something that has idol written on it in both America and Europe, the billion and one casting shows on tv have permanently damaged the reputation of all things Idol, plus in the western world you need to create negative press with violence, crime, drugs, sex and so on to get the attention of the general public, which does not fit in with the principles Japanese idols work with.
However, a expansion in Asia is a entirely different story.

#31 Reaper XIII

Reaper XIII

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

Cuurently it's still in the audition stages so we'll have to wait to see how it goes. Most probably they'll tailor the idols to suit the local taste and culture.
Posted Image

#32 darksaga

darksaga

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

I really do not believe it when I saw this ... hahaha

from Indonesia and I happen to live in jakarta ...

I hope JKT48 really good and makes sense amid the boyband and girlband currently exists in Indonesia ...

#33 JierSun

JierSun

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:59 PM

1. indonesia not booming everything about Japan since 2005 the last booming on 2011 about KPop and Justin Biebier except Kuuga and Naruto , Bleach , Ultraman
2. 5 main TV not mention JKT48 except 6.00 AM - 15.00 AM , i not watching !
3. Indonesia Idol 2011 now airing + many Booming Girl Group and Boy Group
4 . Japan Thing on TV , only Naruto , Conan , some anime
5 . for some reason , Indonesia thing ( Sport , Movies , Sinetron , Seleb ) become famous in Indonesia
6 . Theater- Musical is a lot appear on TV , but i not believe people Indonesia like Theater except people even do or do or relative with people from Theater ( like me ) , some actress TV from theater , some like or want watch Broadway theater .
7 . Idols meet everyday ??? , sorry that motto like broken tradition + huge girls ?? , for 90-an until now , i not found huge girl on one group , all girl ,
many girl is pretty , but almost all from they is shy , and not confident on public , let's i says Indonesia have unique cute but you only find they on school or street (random people) , please don't reply about China thing ( i China too , but i want unique cute from Indonesia is appear on tv , but they not do that !~+~)

i think JKT48 need more promotion but i not get that ~+~
Why Indonesia , of course
1. Barrack Obama ? 2. Seleb from Indonesia more famous than Malay , Brunei ??? ( sorry for Malay and Brunei ) + Indonesia is bigger number 4 on World ???
3. based loyal-fan ??

i hope this is change what " Cantik " on eyes Indonesian!
if not ~+~

#34 JierSun

JierSun

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:04 PM

sorry for my Poor English ,include post above .
11 for JKT48! *+*

#35 bontakun

bontakun

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:20 AM

Thought I might chip in my 2 cents...

This little project, crazy as it might sound to many of you, has a good chance of working out. However, I do not believe that this group is intended for a more international audience. It is created to take advantage of the local market by itself. Indonesia is one of the most populous countries in the world. Jakarta has a population size that matches major Japanese cities, and the island of Java alone has more people living on it than the entire country of Japan. The idol industry is a volume business after all, and they have the numbers. A LOT of numbers...all in close proximity.

The vast majority of us here probably won't be interested nor give a dime about that group. It doesn't matter to them. All they will need is their local support. If even 1% of the people on Java show an interest in the group, it will be quite profitable as it is. Any added international support is a bonus, but not really needed. AKB48 would have done just fine in Japan alone after all. The rest is just icing on the cake.

In other words, don't gripe about it. After all, you are not the target audience. Its like J-pop fans complaining about K-pop and vice-versa. Totally silly and pointless. If you're not happy that Aki-P is diverting his attention...well, he has a right to do so. Its his business after all and its not like he's neglecting his current groups anyway. He's just diversifying, that's all. No harm in that.

#36 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

乃木坂46 and this group, who were created and assembled after HKT48, are debuting before HKT48?
Wow.....

#37 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:30 PM

Attached File  20111004-00000125-mai-000-2-view.jpg   35.01K   55 downloads
But have pics of potential JKT dancing front of Takamina when she visited Indonesia.
Find the black ribbon!. I posted more about her visit in the AKB thread.Attached File  w_m.jpg   34.6K   61 downloads Attached File  W_m-1.jpg   45.63K   56 downloads

JKT48 official twitpic :
http://twitpic.com/p...s/officialJKT48

EDIT: http://headlines.yah...0000125-mai-int

http://mainichi.jp/e...20111005/4.html

Edited by drznoriega, 07 October 2011 - 01:13 PM.

#38 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

Aki-P arrived at Jakarta to become the judge on

JKT48 final audition

http://www.jiji.com/...k=2011110200480

http://mainichi.jp/e...040048000c.html
http://headlines.yah...i-soci.view-000
http://www.sanspo.co...22118022-n1.htm

JKT48 1st Gen announced, 28 members
Attached File  20111102-00000080-mai-000-3-view.jpg   35.14K   31 downloads
Attached File  gnj1111022118022-p1.jpg   29.22K   27 downloads

The names and profiles of the JKT48 members will be made public tomorrow morning
(03 Nov 2011) at 10AM Jakarta Time

Hmm, in the mainichi article, 2 girls, Farris (16) & Nozawa Rena (13), are Japanese girls living in Indonesia.
http://www.tokyohive...jkt48-selected/

The average age is 15.8

Edited by Noriega, 03 November 2011 - 04:56 AM.

#39 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:06 AM

Welcome JKT!
Attached File  header.jpg   66.46K   50 downloads

The members
Attached File  2011-11-03_00-03-47-1.jpg   51.28K   71 downloads
Attached File  2011-11-03_00-03-55-1.jpg   41.21K   77 downloads

Is this thread going to be PINNED?

Attached Files

#40 Momomochi

Momomochi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1106 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:34 PM

Gosh after looking at the members pictures they are quite cute! :D Am I the only one looking forward to their debut? :o

uxQTqcJ.png

<3 Favorite Idols: Yume Kudo Ruli Hiromoto  - Yume Aoyagi  <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users