• Please log in to reply
1089 replies to this topic

#1 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:23 AM

I've been watching tons of YouTube videos for this new dance and vocal group named Fairies for the past week. I found out about them in the General Idol News thread that anhh created. He's done more to promote these girls than I'm sure I can do, but I really wanted a thread for Fairies so fans could discuss them. They are on the Vision Factory label, under avex. The bad news is my Japanese sucks, so I can't even figure out their names. I've used Google Translate to figure out some of the names. (Most of the time GT uses the literal translation of their names, so I'm looking at words rather than an actual name.) I listened to the girls as they were introduced in videos, but I guess I still can't clearly pick out the names from everything else spoken. I want to apologize for this lame first post. Thank you LunaLupus for help with the name translations.  

Trivia: Fairies won the "Best Newcomer" Award at the 53rd Japan Record Awards in 2011.   

Fairies+-+Hikari+no+Hate+ni+Promo.jpg

Inoue Rikako - Born May 29, 1996

Nomoto Sora - Born November 9, 1997

Itou Momoka - Born December 15, 1997

Hayashida Mahiro - Born May 7, 1998
Fujita Miria - Born June 15, 1998

Shimomura Miki - Born October 22, 1998

Graduated Member: 

Kiyomura Kawane - Born June 2, 1998 

Official Website

Gree Blog
Ameba Blog

Official YouTube

Official Facebook 

Official Twiiter

Sukkiri Part 1 (Subtitled)
Sukkiri Part 2
Sukkiri Part 3

Sukkiri Part 4 

Sukkiri Part 5

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#2 LunaLupus

LunaLupus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 341 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:47 AM

Corrections in bold: Hayashida Mahiro, Itou Momoka, Nomoto Sora, and Kiyomura Kawane. The last is the one that Google Translate translated as Chinese. The others are correct. Unless I made a mistake... ^^;

I would have started a Fairies thread myself, but I didn't really have the time to devote to it. So, thank you for starting this one. :good:

Edited by LunaLupus, 20 August 2011 - 03:57 AM.

#3 iheartmanochan

iheartmanochan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:04 AM

^ yeah, me too. I didn't see a Faries thread and I have been getting interested in their debut lately, I was going to start one but knew somebody would make one eventually, thanks~

Tokyo Girls Style  PASSPO☆★ Fairies ★ MM ANGERME

Juice=JuiceE-girlsSilent SirenFAKY

Jpop Music Review Blog

#4 Apple Cake

Apple Cake

Maimai ♔ Zukki

• Senpai
  • 2176 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

yey, a fairies thread! i think they're really great dancers, this is one promising idol group to look out for!
my favourite is hayashida mahiro <3 i saw how she was crying after being laid on, and something about her really attracts me.

Posted Image
she's really pretty <3

meee.jpg

Check out my personal blog!

*。*

Slice of Apple Cake 

▷ Update: ℃-ute - THE FUTURE Dance Cover //

#5 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

Thanks for the corrections, LunaLupus! :good: The first post has been changed to include the new info. (My pictures folder has been changed too. ;) ) I'm glad both you and iheartmanochan like this thread.

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#6 MMA

MMA

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

Thanks for creating this thread!! I saw Fairies when I was browsing the news on TokyoHive and I must say, I like what I see. Before those YouTube videos of their debut event were posted, I thought they'd just be another indistinguishable idol group, but after seeing them dance and perform, I'm SUPER impressed! :good: More Kiss and Song for You are both really catchy! :)

#7 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:05 AM

I just saw this (I think, since all these videos look the same :lol:), but here's Episode 1-7 of "Fairies Road To Debut":

I'm disappointed that a fan video of the full "More Kiss" live performance has been removed. Only the shorter 1:30 version remains.

And here's something else I just found...

Edited by Doki Doki Morning, 21 August 2011 - 02:12 AM.

#8 anhh

anhh

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5584 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:56 PM

#9 michi.K.O

michi.K.O

Fuku-hime's Royal Butler

• Senpai
  • 2387 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:35 PM

I've been interested in them since I saw them a few weeks back. Glad that someone has made a thread for them.

I love the fact that they are not another cutesy idol. The singing and dancing isn't amazing just yet, but I think they have more than enough potential to be great in the future. I look forward to seeing more of them. Posted Image

TEAM MIZUKINGDOM!

#10 Mei.ka~

Mei.ka~

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2211 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:36 PM

At first, when I saw on TH that Vision Factory was making an idol group, I was semi interested and was waiting for their name to be announced.

Then when I saw it was Fairies... I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the bad name. (No offense intended for people who like their name) So I stopped waiting for news about them for a few days because their name was that bad. ^^;

After, when audio teasers were released, I decided to listen to them anyways for the curiosity factor. But, unexpectedly, I came to like their songs. And their dancing is really good! So I guess I'll follow this group. But not as much as my other idol obsessions. XD

VwvggPK.jpg
Avatar and Signature by Me ~I love cheese! X3~"
Graphics Thread

#11 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:21 PM

@Mei.ka~: I think I read that they were named Fairies because they want to look like fairies when they dance. Who's to say they don't? ;) I'm not quite as obsessed with Fairies as some of my favorite idols, but they deserved a thread. You're welcome to express any opinion you wish, even if I disagree with you. :)

#12 iheartmanochan

iheartmanochan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:31 PM

^I agree. At first I was like "wtf fairies???" But now, I'm glad they have this name. it's unique.
I like more kiss. There's really nothing special about the song, but I don't know, it's somehow catchy~ Is that the full PV?

Tokyo Girls Style  PASSPO☆★ Fairies ★ MM ANGERME

Juice=JuiceE-girlsSilent SirenFAKY

Jpop Music Review Blog

#13 Mei.ka~

Mei.ka~

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2211 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:53 PM

^^ Yeah, I read that, too, but I still don't know why they couldn't come up with a better name while it still being unique. I probably just need to get used to it, though, since it's not like they can change it. ^^;
And if you're trying to imply that I was saying that they didn't deserve a thread, I wasn't. In fact, I'm glad that they got a thread so there's easier access for news about them to check. Not daily and not as much as other threads, but still check it occassionally once in a while, just like I check the Momoclo thread once in a while. (I love them, but it moves faster than my other groups' threads). If not, then I apologize, but that's just what it sounded like, for me. Again, sorry for anything I said and let's just enjoy this thread together. :P

VwvggPK.jpg
Graphics Thread

#14 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:41 PM

@iheartmanochan: No, that's not the full PV. It's the preview version. The full song is about four minutes. There was a live version on YouTube, but it was blocked. I guess avex didn't care that the live version of "Song For You" was on YouTube, because it's not blocked.

@Mei.ka~: No need to apologize! I didn't mean to confuse you by what I said. I'm sorry about that. And yes, let's enjoy this thread together! :)

New videos I found....

#15 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:47 AM

I may be jumping the gun but I have a feeling this group could be a serious contender in the idol world after a couple of singles.... Scary lol

#16 Stellosphere

Stellosphere

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 688 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:21 AM

Another new good Avex group to love :good: :wub:

#17 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:03 PM

You know, I'm really pleased that all seven girls are able to stand and look pretty in front of the camera when the photographer takes their picture. Rikako in particular look amazing! :wub: But I sure hope these "Road To Debut" videos get a little bit more exciting soon. I'd like to see the girls do something else for a change. Painting a picture....going on a boat ride.....anything, really.... XD

Now here's a look at their live event on the 21st. It also has the girls answering questions I'm sure are fascinating. I don't like that code thing over Rikako at the end, but at least this video is more exciting than another photo shoot.

#18 shura-kun

shura-kun

Afilia Knight

• Senpai
  • 2661 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

no idea they joined Avex... cool, at this rat avex is going to launch their own idol festival in no time

anyways, any group that can move 3000 people to a mini live deserves some attention

#19 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:48 PM

I did some digging and found some fan videos of "More Kiss" live. Two videos I found both had the backs of peoples' heads and people holding cameras to block the view of the girls, but for those who haven't heard the whole song, here ya go...

#20 Mei.ka~

Mei.ka~

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2211 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

Haha, it seems I'm checking this thread more often than Momoclo's. XD

^ Ya know, after listening to the song again, it reminds me of sort of old school RnB or something... I dunno, it just reminds me of SOMETHING. Thanks for the link!

EDIT: I just noticed that Momoka's the only one with a mic... Reminds me of EXILE and Happiness. :P

VwvggPK.jpg
Graphics Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users