• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

When on ANNS the girls were asked who they wanted to succeed them after graduation, the answers given were:

Marikosama: Jurina
Miichan: Aanya
Takamina: Sayanee, Yuihan, Karen

Karen has many qualities, but they may not be apparent immediately. But she has a very diverse vocal register and really knows how to sing. She's also a good voice actor, and ...batshit insane :D

#22 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Takamina knows what she's talking about, listen to her :D

I keep forgetting that she is still only 14... and she got this thing to be pretty straight forward and open with what's on her mind. Her frankness may not be a part of the ultimate idol image but she sure do get my attention.

#23 kidafohs

kidafohs

4th gen member

• Banned
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Your second sentence summed it up perfectly as to why she is not pushed.

#24 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

From Music Japan 2013.01.06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=__rvq4fKHp8

Hana ha Saku solo <3

That inchanting voice, ZOMG <3

#25 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

A few days ago, specifically during Unit Matsuri, the Japanese fandom was buzzing online about Karen's appearance.

It seemed that Karen had undergone plastic surgery on her nose. It was rather obvious and quite visible. At first I thought she looked strange, like something wasn't entirely right, and then I discovered the posts, the "before" and "after" shots.
As it so often is with the Internet, rumors take birth from nothing, and there were some rather ugly comments on Karen's expense.

I thought why on earth would she need plastic surgery, as her nose was just fine as it was before (something many Japanese people also thought). But I didn't want to conclude with anything, as I wanted to know the reason first.

And now after Request Hour, Karen has actually posted about it herself:

Link #1: https://plus.google....sts/j17J39FwNzc
Link #2: https://plus.google....sts/LBZ634EHbJ2

In the first post, there's a picture of her with Amina, but there's also a photo of her as a child, looking sad, and with a badly hurt nose. The reason she got the surgery today was due to what happened to her as a child.

Her nose was seriously injured after a fall, which resulted in rather complex fractures. This fracture resulted with her having severe migraines over the years, in particular recently during their national tour. After examinations, the nose was deemed as the cause, and they consulted with otolaryngologist (as well as the doctor, and management), and constructive plastic surgery was the decision. It was not done for superficial reasons.

She apparently had an immediate improvement as she could go through all 5 days this past week of Unit Matsuri and Request Hour concerts without any problems, and she says her sleep is also improving now, as migraine is disappearing.

Ends the post with how she wants to sing and dance, but she needs health for this. Thanks her fans for the support.

Back to the Japanese boards again, there are many people who are deeply apologizing to Karen for thinking it was something else as reason, and are feeling very sorry for their comments.

I personally am really glad it's not something that was done just because of superficiality, especially when she already was pretty, but then to think about how she's gone through years after years with migraines due to this is not so fun either to consider. I've had terribly bad migraines myself when I was 10-12 years old or so, and it's truly a handicapping thing to have. So that Karen now is able to perform without pain, and to get better sleep already, is really good. I'm very happy that she is feeling better.

#26 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

This is very nice to get all these WHY out of our minds and know that she is feeling much better :D The most important thing after all.

I assume that management has been aware her problems in one or another way... it wasn't her frankness that held her back but medical issues. The era of Karen might be upon us soon :D

#27 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

A lot of people are really unreasonable.

#28 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Understatement of the year :D

#29 Mizura

Mizura

Alt Idol & H!P

• Senpai
  • 1071 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:17 AM

They better push her soon,she's one of my favorite members.

#30 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:18 AM

She has tons of potential, and she's also one of my favorites from the newer gen girls. I do wonder however, if maybe her young age is a hindrance? But, I agree with you - push her more :)

#31 masguas

masguas

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

One of potential member who need more push.

#32 kurebesu

kurebesu

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

Apparently her photo's been added to the AKBINGO opening <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

creator of j-pop line distribution channel jpopheaven

#33 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

Karen spoke her mind (feeling frustrated):

http://renkamusume.t...d-today-October

>

Spoiler

#34 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

It's a pity if she's going to become a shadow-member. She ought to be pushed much more. She has both performance potential and variety potential and she's pretty. They need to utilize the girls of the later generations much better.

#35 Morning Death

Morning Death

Scavenger Of Human Sorrow

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

I recall reading somewhere a couple of months back that supposedly TGSK himself told Karen that she may have her own great qualities (or something in these lines) but that she may not have what fans are looking for.

Also read some fans saying that Karen has more of an image of an artists than an idol. (whatever they may mean with those words)

I bet Karen is in a lot of people's favorites, maybe not at the top though, so it doesn't translate to votes and HS. Hopefully she will stick around and see her popularity increase.

Posted Image
In a World of no guarantees, you can always count on a Demise at Dawn.

#36 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

She often acts too much like a clownish boy (breaking the barrier of what would still be considered tomboyish), but then doesn't live up to that by being rather weak regarding sports/ physical activity. Look at the recent Fujisan climbing episodes of Nemousou TV (or the gymnastic episodes in an earlier season. Those were hilarious at least :) ). Somehow image and reality do not fit together. :D

Just my personal observation. Maybe I have the wrong image of her, but that's what came across so far to me. :)

signature3.png

#37 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

Since I have only recently been paying attention to kks, I was surprised to see how much potential she showed when AKBingo showed her audition video the other week. Wonder why they didn't push her back then like how there are doing it with kojimako etc.

Think she would benefit and be a good candidate to be one of the members selected for the next bunch of kennins.

#38 Vinko

Vinko

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

I recall reading somewhere a couple of months back that supposedly TGSK himself told Karen that she may have her own great qualities (or something in these lines) but that she may not have what fans are looking for.

Also read some fans saying that Karen has more of an image of an artists than an idol. (whatever they may mean with those words)

I bet Karen is in a lot of people's favorites, maybe not at the top though, so it doesn't translate to votes and HS. Hopefully she will stick around and see her popularity increase.

I agree about that. Because it seems like many people who came to her Handshake Event line, are not only her AKB fans, but also a lot of common people. Rumors said, the propotion of Fans:Common People almost 50:50. I bet they know her because of her as Tohoku's origin, her regular appearance NHK's program, and "Hana wa Saku".

So in my opinion, Karen is more popular rather than her peers but not to the extent of fanatic ones. It will be hard for her if she wants to continue her career as an idol in AKB, but I am pretty sure that she will survive on the outside world when she decided to graduate in the future.

Karen indeed is close to be an artist, rather than an idol. But she already decided to join AKB because of her adoration to Takamina, and Okaro of course. I think I will follow her progress, even after she will be graduated from AKB48.  :sotsugyou:

#39 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

wow... something happened on handshake event to Karen...

http://renkamusume.t...ember-23rd-2013

>

#40 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

Do they not ban people from events for such behaviour?! Effing ridiculous. If this is the case, as described above, then staff needs to be slapped for not being able to do anything about this bullshit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users