• Please log in to reply
2428 replies to this topic

#2381 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 06:26 PM

I’m so excited to see what kind of song Butai is — I’m hoping given the title and the covers it’s at least as dramatic as Mukei Yukei. Considering the popularity of the song among fans I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re taking her next release in that sort of style direction.

#2382 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:33 PM

UPDATE (sorry for the double post but wanted to make sure those who regularly check this thread will see it’s been updated)

I’m reposting the covers in order of edition:

Regular ; Limited A ; Limited B

Just to keep things nicely organized so no one has to go through all the posts to gather all info we have so far:

Regular: CD only
1. Butai
2. Hana no Sasayaki
3. Hymne a L’amour (bonus track)
4. Butai (instrumental)
5. Hana no Sasayaki (instrumental)

Limited A: CD+DVD
DVD Tracklist:
1. making of

Limited B: 2CD
CD 1 Tracklist:
1. Butai
2. Hana wo Sasayaki
3. Butai (instrumental)
4. Hana wo Sasayaki (instrumental)
CD2 Tracklist:
1. Live recording of her WWW X Show in June 30th this year.

As we get more info, I’ll just quote this and add to it as we go. I’m thinking for her next release I’ll do a proper thread like how we had one for her debut single. Makes things easier for others to find — so many people might not be paying attention to Meimi’s solo career because they rarely check the member forums and I wouldn’t want anyone to miss out on this beautiful girl and her wonderful music!

EDIT: Sorry to make this so long but I have to ask: After typing this up I double checked online and it turns out that the DVD for her debut single only included a video of a live she did, it did not include either MV or any makings. I was confused by this because they have the short ver. of both MVs from that single up on YT — if it’s not available to buy then why do they only have the short versions? I couldn’t find them available anywhere else, so I don’t know if they’ll appear on her first full-length album as a part of the DVD edition or not.

EDIT (July 28th 2019): Updated the tracklists to include the b-side titles and the DVD content for Limited A

Attached Files

#2383 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:55 AM

Butai was performed the other day, I completely missed this! It’s a report from JiJiPress about the concert done on June 30th (this is the concert that was recorded for the 2nd CD on the Limited B edition).

The song starts at 3:10:

It’s just as dramatic as I hoped it would be. I can’t wait to her it in full in it’s proper studio form.

#2384 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:15 AM

Butai short MV:

https://youtu.be/ETxfNYIk83E

#2385 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:22 AM

Sorry for so many posts. Just wanted to share my drawing of Meimi!

Attached Files

#2386 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 12:53 AM

Sorry for so many posts. Just wanted to share my drawing of Meimi!

Beautiful drawing.

#2387 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:00 PM

^ Thank you! :)

#2388 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 12:59 PM

#2389 BX_LeMans

BX_LeMans

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:02 PM

https://youtu.be/j6em5c54TxQ

#2390 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:00 PM

Not sure how long it will be up for, but the cast of Hairspray gave their first performance of You Can't Stop The Beat on FNS

DDOhydd.gif

#2391 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 04:15 AM

https://youtu.be/V3Ph7V0lDtQ

here’s Meimi’s comment on playing Amber. I noticed that her teeth are more straight... I remember she’d said she was going to have her teeth straightened a few years ago after the success of the Minako musical, but she didn’t end up having the surgery she said she was planning to have... I thought maybe she gave up on the idea of straightening her teeth and decided to leave them as-is, but I’m thinking she probably did the same thing Ayacho did and used liners to correct them gradually over time, because the teeth that used to be quite far back there in the front do look like they’ve been moved forward quite a bit. Just an observation. She looks gorgeous and blonde really suits her! lol So excited for this musical. I’m hoping I’ll be moving to Japan in time to see it when it begins in June.

#2392 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:52 PM

Meimi has been cast in a Japanese production of West Side Story as Maria. She's really racking up the iconic musicals.
https://www.tbs.co.j...round/wss360_2/
DDOhydd.gif

#2393 Driftingthroughtheskies

Driftingthroughtheskies

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:02 PM

https://youtu.be/7ETqd3HgGCE

A clip of Meimi and the cast of Hairspray performing “You Can’t Stop the Beat.” She looks amazing, super proud of her!

I am really interested to see this production. I hope a video of it will be released since I don’t think I can make it to Japan. Since the show deals heavily with themes of racism,, I wonder how this will play out with a mostly Japanese cast. I suppose audiences will just have to imagine the black/white distinction for most of the characters since it’s not something you can really edit out of the script.

Though I suppose theater productions imported from abroad have dealt with this sort of issue before.

#2394 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:27 PM

See the top comment. The writers of the musical make all productions sign an agreement not to do blackface and wrote a letter to all audiences acknowledging that not all casts will be balanced enough to include actors of the appropriate races, but that it should not take away from the themes or experience of the show.
DDOhydd.gif

#2395 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:42 PM

Meimi will be on Konya Kurabete Mimashita, hosted
in part by Sashihara Rino, on July 1 to discuss her love of Yamaguchi Momoe.

https://twitter.com/...9737197573?s=19
DDOhydd.gif

#2396 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 07:12 PM

Meimi performing Popular from the musical Wicked.

DDOhydd.gif

#2397 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 05:47 PM

More musical performances. A duet this time of My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music.

DDOhydd.gif

#2398 Lurkette

Lurkette

マシュマロの心

• Headquarters
  • 3939 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:49 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first time Meimi has appeared on the same show as a current H!P member since graduating?

My current and former oshimen in one place. We love to see it. 

DDOhydd.gif

#2399 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 03:21 AM

1 and 1/2 hours of Meimi on Live Instagram.........something about crowdfunding the production of a solo live?

https://www.instagra...id=eowfy61bx8gp

#2400 GBA

GBA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2958 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 04:12 AM

^not the usual solo live but solo musical!

and the collected fund amount already exceeding expectation. :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users