• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:59 PM

Regularly are uploaded rips of PVs from HDTV, at 1440x1080. File have right sizes, suggesting great quality, but - sadly - nearly all of them appear to be upscaled from DVD (or even worse, like Dareka no tame ni or Kimi nara daijoubu). That becomes a little annoying - giant file for quality even worse than of DVD rip. Maybe noone bothers making these videos in resolution higher that DVD, when they will be released only on DVD, but I feel these blurs became even a kind of antipromotion...

Time to gather any known real HD PVs - so far I've found just two, both from subunits...

(2011.07.06) Not Yet - Naminori Kakigoori
(2011.08.03) Watarirouka Hashiritai 7 - Hetappi Wink

I've already praised some other uploaded vids, but after more careful rewatching (beep: gay test passed!) they appeared to be again DVDs... x_x
By the way, are all PVs from BD version of AKB ga Ippai real HD, or just again remastered DVD? Just suspicious.

Posted Image

#2 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:12 AM

Attached File  vlcsnap-2011-08-10-01h05m31s0.jpg   559.54K   32 downloads
(Screenshot from the "AKB ga Ippai" Disc 3)

Well... when it's about TV rips it could be upscaled from 720p, but not necessarily DVD (but I've seen that too in some cases). F.ex. the two red and white team PVs of NMB48 on the tracker don't seem to be DVD quality at least (the original DVDs that come with the single really have much lower picture resolution/ quality). ;) Anyway... I can't judge that really as I don't have a full HDTV output device anyway, well I have one, but I can only use it with 720p for some reason. :D

What really scares me all the time is when people put DVD rips on the tracker that are upscaled to some 1024 x something resolution using a crappy codec. Now, that's just a waste of file size and bandwidth for absolutely no gain (it won't make the picture better at all, quite the opposite). I never understood the point in that. Such stupidity p***es me off for some reason actually. :)

Edited by dev-null, 10 August 2011 - 12:15 AM.

signature3.png

#3 Zorr

Zorr

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4978 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

I wondered about the PV's on the AKB ga ippai BD release too. I own it and my TV is 1080p yet not all the PV's look as crisp as others.

For example, Namida surprise, ponytail to shushu and sakura no ki ni narou all look really crisp as do many others but baby!baby!baby! actually looks like it's quite low quality. And there are a couple of others (can't think of them offhand) that also look slightly less impressive than some of the best.

I'd be interested if anyone knows if some are just upscaled.

#4 gryzze

gryzze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1443 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

If you're talking about the ones from SSTV HD, M-ON HD etc they're not upscaled by the encoder at least.

I think the channels themselves air upscaled versions. A few PVs now and then seem to be close to real HD though.

It could the be record companies don't want their PVs aired in true HD.

I've seen people post upscale versions (like 720p) of DVDRips though and I don't see the point with that.

#5 yudihacker

yudihacker

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

its nice to watch HD of akb48 ...tehehehe.... :)) XD :) :good: :rolleyes:

Posted Image

~♥♥♥ Yukirin and Mayuyu ♥♥♥~

#6 LovelyPrincessP

LovelyPrincessP

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1015 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:04 PM

I wondered about the PV's on the AKB ga ippai BD release too. I own it and my TV is 1080p yet not all the PV's look as crisp as others.

For example, Namida surprise, ponytail to shushu and sakura no ki ni narou all look really crisp as do many others but baby!baby!baby! actually looks like it's quite low quality. And there are a couple of others (can't think of them offhand) that also look slightly less impressive than some of the best.

I'd be interested if anyone knows if some are just upscaled.

LOL seriously late with this response but in case anyone else has this same question: Baby!Baby!Baby! and Oogoe Diamond are up-scaled PV's while the rest are true HD. Not sure of the reason but I think it has something to do with the cameras they used.

Posted Image

~Forever A Koharu Kusumi Oshi~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users