• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#41 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:03 AM

ive seen that mountain somewhere before... what seed did you use?

i was careless and fell into some lava in my survival game... luckily i have a safe house full of materials but i wont be playing that file for awhile... ill just stick to building my villages and my rail system in my cheat files. ^^;

edit...

how do i turn one of maimis picture into pixels?
Posted Image

#42 Dran

Dran

Enlightened One | ½ of KIDS-Subs

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:16 AM

No idea what the seed was, I generally pick random ones that I can't remember 10 minutes later. XD

You may recognise it if you watch alot of Minecraft Timelapses though. It was very much based on Firedragon04's City of Arches. Originally I tried to create something similiar to it, but soon realised that replicating it would be more effort than was really needed. That said, you can still see various bits of influence from them sneaking in from time to time - most notably with the plaza and the town hall that sits on top of it.

In fact, alot of my builds get influenced, to varying degrees, by works that I really liked from other people. In the base on my original world. Lets Plays (particularly X's Adventures in Minecraft), the Yogscast, and just random images I see on the MinecraftMuseum.net.

And I'm not sure about the pixel art, I've never even attempted it before.

#43 neo_lmx

neo_lmx

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

Posted Image
Kumai Heights. Fancy living in a central location, with fantastic views overlooking both the Town Hall and KIDS Square, and even the sea on the other side? The houses here ain't cheap, but it's a great neighbourhood.

I love the style. :)

Watashi no kokoro ni ◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦
Posted Image
◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦ Fuki areru arashi

#44 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:01 PM

Thanks. Those were actually a pain to get right. I think I rebuilt and demoloshed those houses like 5 or 6 times as I tried different materials, from sandstone and wood, smoothstone and wood, full sandstone, sandstone and bricks, etc, before eventually settling on the Sandstone and Cobble mix you see there.

I'd knock it down, build a single wall with the new blocks and think, "Yeah. That looks good." But then change my mind after it was finished. XD

#45 oroboras

oroboras

Defender of the Faith

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:11 AM

Finally killed my first 2 slimes, ever! I now can make 2 sticky pistons! I just need to devise a devious trap to use them with!
Posted Image

#46 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:32 AM

^I have yet to find slimes... have never even seen even 1 in all my hours of gameplay....

#47 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:37 AM

how deep were you when you encountered them?
Posted Image

#48 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:43 AM

I still hold that slimes don't actually exist. They're just an elaborate hoax that the world is playing on me, because I have never, in all my months of playing Minecraft, discovered a slime. :P

#49 oroboras

oroboras

Defender of the Faith

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:53 PM

I was at about 10M up from the bottom of the world - in a VERY large cavern. I tried turning out the lights again *well, removing all the torches* but all that spawned were skeleton archers :(
Posted Image

#50 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:22 AM

ive decided to journey to the far lands.

edit...

scratch that... went too far and computer crashed...
Posted Image

#51 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:41 AM

I did that in my first world. Ended up travelling so far that I forgot how to get back, save for the occasional torch which I had placed down at night. XD

Posted ImagePosted Image
The houses over on Kumai Heights a little out of your price range? Well, how about these tenement blocks? Economy housing for economy prices, right in the city centre. These tenements will house up to 4 families! Just don't forget to pay your rent, lest the Landlady come down on you like a ton of blocks.

Man. Taking these pictures is so difficult. I invariably always end up completing a construction when it's snowing or raining, which makes for a very dark picture, so I have to wait ages for it to go back to being sunny. XD

#52 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:48 AM

what texture pack do you use?

constantly loading new blocks and the 30 wolves that i had following me might be the reason why my computer crashed... ill tell you one thing... dont mess with a guy with 30 wolves and a bow and arrow. :good: only thing that sucks about that is that the wolves dont attack mobs from a distance.
Posted Image

#53 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:52 AM

I use SMP's Texture Pack as included in the YogBox.

I used Painterly Pack for the longest time. Since around 1.3_01, I guess. But I got a bit bored of it after a while. XD

Woah. 30 wolves? That may be a little excessive. :P

#54 Tim

Tim

:D:D:D

• Senpai
  • 972 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

I once had 6 wolves but then I went under some ice and they spawned there and then like I got out but they couldn't so they all died. So sad. And I haven't seen a single wolf since. Except in the server but I let someone kill it for a quest.

#55 oroboras

oroboras

Defender of the Faith

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

I asked a Slime to pose for me, and it agreed!

Attached File  2011-08-08_02.55.42.png   877.07K   13 downloads

So then I thanked it, by sticking my diamond pickaxe in it's head. YAY! More Slimeballs :D

Dran your town is coming along amazingly.

I find pet wolves to be fun, but annoying - they kill themselves trying to get into my house.
Posted Image

#56 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:38 PM

never build a house on a cliff if you want your wolves to live. lower entrance of my cliff fortress has a cactus barrier... if the fall didnt kill it the cactus sure did.
Posted Image

#57 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

The MineCon website has gone live.

http://minecon.mojang.com/

Anyone planning on going? I'm not. Nevada and Scotland are a little too far apart for it to be viable for me. But maybe some of you guys are closer. :P

Also, did anyone notice Herobrine hiding at the back of the site's header? :P

#58 oroboras

oroboras

Defender of the Faith

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:15 AM

I made a huge cavern, for Slime harvesting - so I can make a load of Stickypistons. It worked perfectly!

It spawned a HUGE slime, which, when killed, spawned 4 large slimes, which when killed, each spawned 4 slimes.
Attached File  2011-08-18_03.04.44.png   1.07MB   10 downloads

Between them, I farmed about 36 slimeballs in one go. I was very happy.
Attached File  2011-08-18_03.04.57.png   1.02MB   11 downloads
Posted Image

#59 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

killed my first two slimes!!!! :w00t: i recognized the fapping noise from a video i saw so i pressed F3 and dug in the direction of the closes mob and there they were!! :good: got two slime balls... im starting to think that notch has a dirty mind. creepers look like penises and slimes make a fapping sound. or am i the dirty minded one? ^^;
Posted Image

#60 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:59 AM

Slimes? I've still yet to encounter any. I'll probably be brutally murdered by the new mobs, the Endermen, and still have never even seen a slime. :P

Posted Image
I've not posted an update on my city in a while. But I was up on the rooftops after completing another block of tennements and saw this fantastic view. I had to take a picture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users