• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#1 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:42 AM

I've been getting into Minecraft again lately and so I figured might as well start a thread for it here on H!O (since there doesn't appear to be one yet). Anyways if you don't know Minecraft is an Indie sandbox game developed by Notch wherein a world is randomly generated where you gather resources, craft and build stuff, fight monsters and pretty much do whatever you want. In any case who else plays this game?
Discuss, share screenshots from your world, advertise for you SMP servers or whatever else.

And also I thought I might as well post one of the rather "impressive" constructions in my main MC world :whistle:
The (start of my) Miki-sama Monument!
Attached File  Miki.png   398.93K   21 downloads
I'm planning on replacing the stone with gold eventually but... it takes a long time to gather that much, LOL :wacko: Unfortunately the kanji aren't exactly proportional but... it took a long time just to get it that good.

#2 Dran

Dran

Enlightened One | ½ of KIDS-Subs

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

Started playing this game around Beta 1.3

I've started playing on a new world, so at present I don't have much in the way of impressive structures to show off yet.
Just a case, at the minute, of gathering a ton of resources, so I can go off and find a nice spot to start constructing my Maa-tropolis! :P
I'll keep you updated on it's progress. ;)

#3 airinokappa

airinokappa

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2884 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:06 AM

Ah thank you. <3 I didn't even have the idea to open a thread for this game. I like it a lot! ^^

#4 Tim

Tim

:D:D:D

• Senpai
  • 972 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:32 AM

This wastes so much of my time!! I LOVE IT!!

I'm going to create some monuments like the one you created in the server that I play in. I'll post the results when I'm done.

I'll make three. Airi, Chinami and Aika.

In the servers whenever I play I go out to 10,000 10,000 so that people can't grief my work. It took my like 10hours to get there.

#5 Jenaimarre

Jenaimarre

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:19 PM

Any chance someone could set up a H!O server? :D

Posted Image

#6 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:40 PM

Sounds like a good idea. Setting up a stable server capable of running with more than 2 or 3 people can cost quite a bit of money though. :P

Here's the Church I constructed in honour of Maasa on my old world. Naturally, the one I build in my new world shall be much more impressive.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Charlo

Charlo

◦kanabanana◦

• Senpai
  • 3205 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

^ I like the church, very nice. ^_^

Myself I often tend to download puzzle and challenge maps and play them, because I get bored making a house and I'd rather die achieving a task than being rubbish, (I die a lot). It was a pleasant surprise to see this thread pop up. I didn't think anyone else played it.

NMB48ぱすぽ☆MMJAKB48SHINee2NE1
Posted Image
♥ Voted Aika's greatest fan 2011! ♥

#8 Tim

Tim

• Senpai
  • 972 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

I can't remember when I started playing. I think it was about October-November last year.

My name one it is powerstranger, so naturally I have a power ranger skin. I made it Orange, Chinami's colour.

Also Notch's tweet a couple of days ago, Minecraft has sold 3million copies.

Also, have any of you heard the herobrine story? that freaks me out. I wanna make a skin of the default guy with pupil-less eyes so when I play on the server it freaks people out.

#9 Jenaimarre

Jenaimarre

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:24 PM

What's this... "herobrine" story?

Posted Image

#10 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

Herobrine is a popular hoax and Minecraft meme about a nameless player who builds/destroys things in your Single Player world.

#11 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

I second this request 100% :lol:

But yeah, anyways something I forgot to add to the initial post.... Anyone watch the Yogscast? They do Minecraft videos that are both downright epic and hilarious. I've watched pretty much all of their minecraft vids (which is a lot) and look forward to new episodes every couple of days.
Here's the most recent episode of their main series:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1VLzD6UeKc

edit: and also here's the very first episode for those whom want to properly start from the beginning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdEFmxRmNE&feature=channel_video_title

#12 Tim

Tim

• Senpai
  • 972 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:39 PM

^

Thanks for that video. It is so hilarious. My stomach is so sore from holding in my laughs. I will subscribe now.

I don't really watch minecraft videos, that is probably why I'm so bad at minecraft.

#13 Charlo

Charlo

◦kanabanana◦

• Senpai
  • 3205 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

I will admit I am completely a Yogscast obsessive. Their other Minecraft stuff is fun. I do a lot of the maps they do. Their packs try outs are good too.

NMB48ぱすぽ☆MMJAKB48SHINee2NE1
Posted Image
♥ Voted Aika's greatest fan 2011! ♥

#14 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

I am Dave Exclamation-Mark Yognaut, and I have the balls.

And if anyone doesn't understand that, you need to listen to the YoGPoD. :D

But yeah. I'm quite a bit of a Yognaut. I've listened to all the YoGPoD episodes, seen all the Minecraft and Shadow of Israphel episodes, as well as many of their other vids - including Simon Plays... and Hannah Plays... :D

#15 oroboras

oroboras

Defender of the Faith

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

Hmm, with my home internet being borked - and staying that way until Monday at the earliest, I suppose now is the perfect time to start playing again....
Posted Image

#16 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

i refuse to play this game with my headphones on at night ^^; i keep on thinking that if there is a herobrine that would be the time that he comes for you. late at night... ^^;
Posted Image

#17 Tim

Tim

• Senpai
  • 972 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

Notch's tweet about the new mob, Enderman, sounded creepy. They're a passive mob, but if oyu look at them directly they will teleport to you and then chase after you. But I think he was joking. Also the NPC villages and giant mushrooms sound fun.
Can't wait for 1.8

#18 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:34 AM

The new episode of the Yogscast's Shadow of Israphel series is out.

#19 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:56 AM

Just thought I'd share some more screenshots of my main world. Kind of a complete tour of my worlds main points (or at least the impressive parts, skipped most of the details/interiors)

Spoiler

Anyways that's my world... Everyone else post yours' as well if you want to.
And now I'm back to Minecraft to try and find more gold for the Miki-sama shrine :lol:

#20 Dran

Dran

• Senpai
  • 2174 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:54 AM

Wow. Cool constructions there.

Is the tower just a way of accessing the rail network, or does it also serve other practical uses?

And I hate those sink holes. I can't tell you the number of times I've been walking along and fallen into one. XD

In my own Minecraft World news, I completed a small-scale test to see how my rail network would actually function, and after much tweaking, I think I finally worked out how the game's minecarts and booster/detector rails work, and how to implement the (somewhat complicated) system I have in mind.
All that remains to be done is to conduct the experiments on a much larger scale and then complete the network.
But, before all that, I've finally begun construction of the Maatropolis - the city which shall prove as a central base of operations for me, and house at least 1 or 2 of the stations in my train network.

Don't really have any more pictures of this current project to show yet, because at present it's just some half-finished foundations, and not much to look at.
But here's a screenshot of my last project.

Posted Image

What started off as a woodman's cottage in the middle there soon expanded to have some small crop plots around the back, a lava beacon on top of the natural outcrop on the right, before culminating in a stable and pasture, ready for horse breeding (as made possible by Mo' Creatures).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users