• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:06 AM

Personally i love Mini Moni everything about them. All members were great and it was a real shame they split up such a popular unit.

Good songs, great on tv awesome at concerts. Even had their own one which is great.

They had a movie and untold amounts of merchandise.

Clearly designed for the kids but had a huge adult fanbase as well.

I know they are long gone now and the chances of them ever performing together in their true form (Mari Yaguchi, Mika Todd, Ai Kago and Nozomi Tsuji) is almost zero we can still hope.

All members has clear roles and all complimented each other well its would be unfair to say any member was clearly more important than the others.
Ai Takahashi was an odd addition she came in when popularity was starting to dwindle and Mari Yaguchi left the group. This i feel was a clear attempt at pushing her but UFA did not really think this one through there would of been far better options for her.

Share your favourite moments in this thread.

#2 MayaChanShiDae

MayaChanShiDae

basically inactive

• Senpai
  • 2327 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

O_O MINI MONI HAD NO THREAD? This is a crime D=

aikagifwtex.gif
♥ Morning Musume (Sayu, Eripon, Aichan, Haruna, Miki, Nine smile lineup) H!P (Maimai, Nakky, Captain) ♥
♥ Sig by xdrewdrawdrawn ♥ Avvie by Jamie ♥ Voted Greatest High-King and Milky Way fan 2011 ♥

♥ Kikka 
TwitterTumblr

#3 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:49 AM

Well i will confess this is what i have been doing this morning :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 sswishbone

sswishbone

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 6554 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:51 AM

wow awesome that you have that game, regarding Mini Moni I loved all of it, I especially loved the movie where you had Ai Chan break in dressed as a cat burglar, and because she was frozen in place, no one saw her XD Mini Moni also had a joint thread with coconuts musume hence why it's been so long since an individual one appeared

#5 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:51 AM

A few more :D

The game is so much fun and has a huge amount of options. Both 1 and two player.

They made more than one version as well. A follow up with some new games and you can also play as Maki Goto !

They even made one with a motion senser
:D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:21 PM

Whoever came up with the ideas for Mini Moni was a creative genius everything they did just hit the mark. Their videos were really off the wall and different and they were a Merchandicer's dream they just had that much stuff and i collect toys anyway so it's double the fun to collect Mini Moni stuff because you get some really cool toys too.

Personally i agree with the above it'd be amazing to see that lineup perform even one song. I'd give anything to see them sing together again. The line up was a really special blend of the fresh new members Tsuji and Kago along with the older Mika Todd who they used the fact she is American to get the group accross since foreigners are a bit of a facination in Japan her English skills helped and the leader Mari Yaguchi already had plenty of experience as an idol so she made a good mentor for Kago (who she seemed to have been mentoring in Tanpopo too) and Tsuji and it was in Mini Moni that those two really came out of their shells and began to show what they could do. Mini Moni appearences were always unpredictable even the hosts of the shows seemed to have no control over it and it worked wonderfully. The ammount of times the show script seemed to get ditched completely was uncountable i think in the end they decided it was pointless to script anything when Mini Moni appeared because they were so good at winging it.

They made countless fun songs and had their own movie and even collabourated with famous comedian Ken Shimura on arguably their best single.

It's hard to decide on personal favourite moments there are so many so i'll just pick a few. Their first appearence on Utaban promoting their #1 single Jankenpyon was great and was the begining of showing what Mini Moni were all about they decided to show off their dance moves so kids could copy them and then they decided Taka-San should join them and he became Deka Moni. The results were hilarious with the much taller Taka-San towering over the 4' somethings of Mini Moni and then later the show script was ditched completely because Kago and Tsuji got distracted talking about strange things teachers do and trying to speak English badly.

FUN was another regular show for Mini Moni and they had some great moments on that it helped that the hosts really seemed to like having them on especially Imada who would just join in with all the sillyness. The episode were they were on there with Petit Moni was really funny and again it was a show with a lot of ad lib going on first discussing Mika's English skills Imada attempts conversation in English and ends up out of his depth and then Tsuji attempts it and does an even worse job, Kago attempts to join in with some random English words from her textbooks and Yaguchi just loses control over the entire unit, Then we have a contest where Mini Moni and Petit Moni compete to have the most selling points Petit Moni say their teamwork is better and Yaguchi agrees telling a funny story about what it's like living with Tsuji and Kago and then the twosome go off talking about what they had for dinner and Yagchi begs them to stop before they get out of control.

The whole "big doo doo" joke never stopped being funny and also how Yaguchi kept trying to hide in small objects first a locker and then a bag. The site of tiny Yaguchi in a boston bag being carried by the Utaban hosts always has me laughing.

There were so many great moments it's impossible to do them all.

After Mari Yaguchi left the group it was never really the same. While Takahashi is one of the best singers Morning Musume has ever had she lacked the natural charisma and charm Mari Yaguchi had so she never really gelled with the group well. They tried to change the groups sound and personality to suit Takahashi which really ended the group completely. I understand that the agency though highly of Takahashi and wanted to push her position higher but they didn't think the decision through properly.

It was sad to see the end of oen of the most unique and creative groups H!P has ever had with a group of girls that just worked so well since they were just naturally entertaining they never had to plan anything you could put them in a room together and things would just happen.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#7 MayaChanShiDae

MayaChanShiDae

basically inactive

• Senpai
  • 2327 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:22 PM

SUGOIIII <3 <3

I WANT *0*

aikagifwtex.gif
♥ Morning Musume (Sayu, Eripon, Aichan, Haruna, Miki, Nine smile lineup) H!P (Maimai, Nakky, Captain) ♥
♥ Sig by xdrewdrawdrawn ♥ Avvie by Jamie ♥ Voted Greatest High-King and Milky Way fan 2011 ♥

♥ Kikka 
TwitterTumblr

#8 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:24 PM

Those Mini Moni games look really fun. They made quite a few of them i think Konami even published a couple for the Playstation which just shows how popular the group was when they can afford to get a major company involved.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#9 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

Yep a couple appeared on the orignal playstation of which one of them even had a set of instruments to go with it.

A few games appeared on the gameboy as well.

#10 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

Wow their own intruments too. That game already sounds like a laugh to play i'll have to seek it out.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#11 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

Mini Moni merchandise is indeed varied and great fun.

One of my personal favourite items is the Mini Moni toaster
:D

#12 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:59 PM

A toaster? XD That's awesome. Do you have a picture of it?
(on a side note, I wish H!P still sold random items like that. They've got a few of them, like that dust-wiper-mitten thing...)

#13 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

Is it one of those toasters that imprints something on the toast? I remember those being pretty popular in Japan my ex had a disney one.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#14 TVD

TVD

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5480 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:31 PM

This thread needs video

#15 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:27 PM

I couldn't make this embed at all but ah well. Mini Moni's Utaban debut still one of my favourites

http://www.veoh.com/...8937012DnWkJnQY

And Kago-Chan accuses Nakai-Kun of touching Tsuji-Chan! lol

http://www.dailymoti...2001-9-13_music

TEAM TAKECHAN

#16 Welniuke

Welniuke

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

Veoh hates me so I couldn't watch the first video, but the second one was so funny XD
I Love Utaban <3 (And Mini Moni of course XD )

#17 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

Veoh hates me so I couldn't watch the first video, but the second one was so funny XD
I Love Utaban <3 (And Mini Moni of course XD )

You need to download the Veoh player to watch those videos it's a bit annoying but worth it since there's a decent selection of videos online that use it.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#18 Welniuke

Welniuke

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

^
That wasn't the point. I just realized I'm not in Lithuania(Veoh hates Lithuania and has blocked it) but in Norway so I can watch it ^^ I did download it now and I'm watching it now ^^

#19 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

Oh god the nostalgia. Been into them since I was a teenager. I literally grew up alongside the Minimoni girls. And when I first started posting here, I was obsessed with posting about Minimoni.

And I still am and always will be, a huge Minimoni fan. They have all that anime cuteness and fantasy that Hello!Project could honestly use some more of. To this day there's nothing like watching Fushigiboshi no Futagohime and Minimoni the Movie: Okashina Daibouken back to back. It's just all around fun and timeless cuteness.

It only makes me sad, that there's so many Minimoni products today I will never get my hands on. There's so many out there, it's insane.
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#20 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:35 AM

Ahhh Minimoni... in the end still one of the best parts of H!P's history no doubt. In any case I guess I consider myself a pretty big Minimoni fan.
I have to admit one of my biggest regrets in terms of my collection is that I still don't own a copy of the Minimoni movie (I passed up a chance to buy it for 500 yen at some shop in Akiba back when I was in Japan...).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users