• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 michikodesu

michikodesu

"Mama" is such an awesome word!!!

• Senpai
  • 1831 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:59 PM

Okay, I'm going to totally age myself here; but I remember watching anime on VHS tapes.........YES!! VHS!!! I remember going to like Blockbuster and renting Project A-ko (or actually begging my mom to rent it for me). As time went by (cue: whistling wind) I saw DVD replace VHS and then soon the internet became a prominent factor in me watching anime that had yet to be released in the US.............although there were some fan-subbers that still sold their VHS copies (yay bootleg :whistle:).

Anyway, how did you use to view anime when you first started watching it??
I'm only 13 levels away from finishing this game so I either finish the game or make you wish I was never born!----Gaz

Posted Image

#2 Meekee-chan~desu

Meekee-chan~desu

チーム Sae ☆ Risa ☆ Sungmin

• Senpai
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

I watch using the internet and that's what I used when I first found anime...which wasn't that long ago. If Pokemon, Digemon, and Dragon Ball Z count then I used VHS! When I was little me and my brothers would go up to the video store and rent Dragon Ball Z on VHS or Sailor Moon movies! I still have a ton of my pokemon VHS's and I watch them when I'm bored x)

♥ Amber • Saho Akari • Ikuta Erina • Niigaki RisaMiyazawa Sae Lee Sungmin • Murakami Megumi • Kariyase Light ♥
tumblr_nrib1zUcfZ1tgdqiyo5_500.jpg
MM'18 | f(x) | SJ | 48G | UUG | FDJ | Tumblr | Sig. made by Xeluneas

#3 MayaChanShiDae

MayaChanShiDae

basically inactive

• Senpai
  • 2327 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

I've always used DVDs, but the 1st animes I had were VCRs. But that's Pokemon and Digimon XD

aikagifwtex.gif
♥ Morning Musume (Sayu, Eripon, Aichan, Haruna, Miki, Nine smile lineup) H!P (Maimai, Nakky, Captain) ♥
♥ Sig by xdrewdrawdrawn ♥ Avvie by Jamie ♥ Voted Greatest High-King and Milky Way fan 2011 ♥

♥ Kikka 
TwitterTumblr

#4 ♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

Dawa Fangirl

• Senpai
  • 1236 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:12 AM

Anyone remember Barney purple fansubs VHS's?

Wada Ayaka

#5 TheAnna18

TheAnna18

Yes

• Senpai
  • 1818 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:03 PM

I've never been online and I don't have a dvd player so I only use VHS.

siggie_zps6431208e.jpg

#6 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:09 AM

HAHA!! :lol: My first anime on VHS tapes was Sailor Moon. When it came to dvds, Sailor Moon was on my top list. I don't watch anime online because I am too busy watching K-dramas. :lol: My brother has ton of VHS tapes from different animes, which they don't come on anymore or never made on dvd. I watch Natruo and Bleach on dvd because of the uncut versions.

#7 Aly B

Aly B

Hopelessly devoted to MoMusu.

• Senpai
  • 805 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:08 AM

I never bought Animes. Back when I was weeee little I would watch Pokemon, Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z on TV during the day. Then I became a teen and stayed up past my bedtime (cuz I rolled like that) and watched like Kekkaishi, Bleach and Full Metal Alchamist. Nowadays, I use the internet, though and I watch all kinds of Anime.

To be honest I wasnt really a die-hard anime lover till after youtube was introduced. It just makes it way too easy to look up watever anime you want and probably subbed in any language you want. I remember when I watched the Japanese version of Sailor Moon online (instead of the clean english version they aired in the states) and I found out for the first time that Sailor Neptune and Uranus actually weren't cousins :GGRR: I was blown away!!!! Really made me wonder what else the government was hiding from me.......
Posted Image

#8 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:45 AM

Oh man, copying VHS was such a hassle.
I remember hauling my VCR to my friend's place to copy his anime.
Man I'm old orz

#9 Risa/Misa

Risa/Misa

High Priestess of Aikastan

• Senpai
  • 8353 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

Who else still has their Sailor Moon movies on VHS? I have those and some Card captors' episodes.

23vete9.jpg
Xxx Part of the Aika Fan Family ☆☆☆ My Tumblr ☆☆☆ Voted Mitsui Aika's Greatest Fan '10 xxX
♥♥♥ Avatar & Signature made by Me ♥♥♥

#10 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:06 PM

^
A friend of mine sent me a Sailor Moon movie on VHS years back. I can't remember if it's still at my parents house or not. It was the edited version of the third movie. I have all the Sailor Moon DVDs released in the U.S. so I don't really need it. I wonder how much I can get if I try to sell it (if it's still where I think it is)?

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#11 awesomecakes

awesomecakes

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:48 AM

I started out with my Pokemon on Saturday morning TV airings and with my Digimon on weekdays. From there, I eventually graduated to Naruto and Bleach which my older brother had burned onto CDs for me. Eventually, I learned to torrent download them myself, and now watch them exclusively on my computer, whether I download and then watch, or simply stream on watchanimeon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users